April 18, 2024, 12:04:46 PM

Author Topic: Anelka sent packing & other French news.  (Read 22544 times)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Anelka sent packing & other French news.
« on: June 19, 2010, 12:00:11 PM »
KNYSNA, South Africa -- French star Nicolas Anelka has been thrown off his nation's World Cup team after getting into a heated exchange with coach Raymond Domenech and refusing to apologize.

The Chelsea forward reportedly made obscene comments to Domenech at halftime of France's 2-0 loss to Mexico on Thursday. He was asked to make amends by FFF president Jean-Pierre Escalettes.

"Faced by the refusal of the player to publicly apologize, he [Escalettes] took the decision in total agreement with the coach and the official members of the delegation present in Knysna to exclude Nicolas Anelka from the squad," the FFF said in a statement. "He will leave the French team camp this evening."

Anelka confirmed he had an argument with Domenech -- but said that it was meant to stay within the team.

France's team page
For more about Les Bleus and their chances in South Africa this summer, click here.
"I indeed had a heated conversation with the coach, but it happened within the confines of the changing rooms, between the coach and me, in front of my teammates and the staff," Anelka told the website of France Soir newspaper. "That should never have come out of the changing rooms. I don't know who can benefit from that, but repeating these kind of things certainly doesn't help [the team]."

The episode is another blow to a French team that made the World Cup finals in 2006 but is on the verge of being eliminated from the 2010 tournament after a listless draw with Uruguay and the Mexico loss.

The FFF said that France captain Patrice Evra was also present with Escalettes when the decision was taken, adding that Anelka's comments are "totally unacceptable for the FFF, French football and the values it defends."

Anelka said he regrets having upset his teammates. Previous reports said he had fallen out with France midfielder Yoann Gourcuff, demanding that Domenech drop Gourcuff from the Mexico game.

"My aim was never to destabilize the French team, an institution I respect. I accept my exclusion from the France team and I wish them good luck," Anelka said. "I have a lot of respect for the France team, I equally have a lot of respect for all of my teammates without exception, I insist on that point."

Evra said a "traitor" among France's World Cup staff must have leaked details of Anelka's rant.

It "came from someone in this group, who wishes the French team harm," Evra said. "The problem isn't Anelka, it's the traitor among us, you have to say it.

"How can this come out?"

Two unconvincing performances in the 0-0 draw with Uruguay and against Mexico had observers like former France defender Bixente Lizarazu furious at Anelka's casual attitude.

"What bothers me is Nicolas Anelka's performance in the first half. I saw a player strolling ... strolling in the World Cup!" Lizarazu said. "He wasn't aggressive, wasn't interested in the game. Domenech took him off at the break, but should have done so before. You shouldn't play in a selfish manner, you have to show you're up for it."

Winner of the Premier League's Golden Boot in 2008-09, Anelka has long been an enigmatic player for France. He scored twice in a stunning performance against England way back in 1999, but then refused to play under coach Jacques Santini. He spent three years off the national team until Domenech called him back up in November 2005.

Six months later, Domenech snubbed him for the 2006 squad. But Anelka seemed to have put that all of that behind him when he scored a deflected goal against Ireland in a World Cup playoff last November.

Anelka's abrupt nature has made him few friends over a topsy-turvy career during which he has always spoken his mind.

But his unselfish attitude for Chelsea this season won him many admirers, and his reputation had greatly improved since the days English soccer fans mockingly nicknamed him "Le Sulk" for his surly attitude.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 06:20:11 AM by Flex »

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
Re: Anelka sent packing
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 12:36:33 PM »
no worries....

the rest of the team will join him on the 22nd..
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 01:39:47 PM »
I also heard the ref from Mali was sent home too.

giggsy11

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 01:47:26 PM »

If he going home then  the one who ref the germany v serbia game yesterday need to be sitting next to him. I doubt the Mali ref would have gotten so much stick if it wasn't USA and ESPN wasn't covering the WC.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 01:55:31 PM »

If he going home then  the one who ref the germany v serbia game yesterday need to be sitting next to him. I doubt the Mali ref would have gotten so much stick if it wasn't USA and ESPN wasn't covering the WC.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: everybody know you cah mess with the USA.

giggsy11

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 01:59:16 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: everybody know you cah mess with the USA.

Ah waiting for obama to get involve forget BP.

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 03:12:29 PM »

nonsense, even the Mexican stations stated the man did shit and should NOT rf again.  It was a very, very horrible call, come on man....USA did not deserve to lose 2 points like that.

giggsy11

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 03:37:39 PM »

nonsense, even the Mexican stations stated the man did shit and should NOT rf again.  It was a very, very horrible call, come on man....USA did not deserve to lose 2 points like that.

And Rep of Ireland did not deserve to miss out qualifying  due to Henry's hand ball. It was a horrible non call at least USA still have a chance. Shite happens!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 03:50:30 PM »

Why did they not deserve to lose? You give up 2 goals in a must win game and expect to win. Jokers.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 06:07:44 PM »
IRENE, South Africa -- FIFA will not address the performance of referee Koman Coulibaly, the embattled official from the Americans' 2-2 draw with Slovenia, before Monday, a spokesman has said.

Coulibaly was given a poor rating in an expedited performance review Saturday, according to a Yahoo! Sports report, which cited an unnamed FIFA source.

FIFA's Nicolas Maingot said the governing body would not discuss Coulibaly before a scheduled session, when the 30 World Cup officials and members of the FIFA Referees Committee will meet with the media.

Coulibaly, of Mali, has been criticized for disallowing what could have been the winning goal for the U.S. off a free kick in Friday's match.

Second-half sub Maurice Edu appeared to put the U.S. ahead in the 86th minute, poking in a close-range shot after Landon Donovan's free kick to him. But the goal was waved off by Coulibaly, though it was not clear on whom the foul was called or what the foul was.

FIFA refereeing rules state: "The referee shall hand over to the FIFA general coordinator a match report at the stadium immediately after the match. On the report form the referee shall note all occurrences such as misconduct of players leading to caution or expulsion, unsporting behavior by supporters and/or by officials or any other person acting on behalf of an association at the match and any other incident happening before, during and after the match in as much detail as possible."

Coulibaly could still appear as a line judge or other supporting role, but is unlikely to be given assignments to referee further matches, according to a Friday report from Yahoo! Sports, which cited unnamed sources.

"If he is found to have made a serious mistake, especially one that affected the outcome, then he would be highly unlikely to play any further part in the tournament," Yahoo! Sports quoted a source Friday as saying. "FIFA is determined to keep refereeing standards high and does not want high-profile mistakes."

For its part, the U.S. is moving on, with no way to appeal the disallowed goal.

"There is no process for appeals for a decision on the field," team spokesman Michael Kammarman said Saturday. "We have not asked for any official comment from FIFA in regards to the call."

Replays show that more Slovenes were holding Americans than vice versa. Aleksandar Radosavljevic held Michael Bradley in a bear hug,

Bradley had his own theory: Coulibaly might have regretted his decision to award the free kick. Valter Birsa had been called for a foul on Steve Cherundolo.

"I think it's a good goal, first. I think the only things really that could be called would be penalty kicks for us," coach Bob Bradley said. "There are times when a referee, for whatever reason, blows a foul and now thinks either he didn't make the correct call on the foul or from a previous play, and then literally as soon as the free kick's taken, he blows his whistle, OK?

"So you can speculate all you want about which guy and everything, I think it's a waste of time. All right? I think there was nothing there. I think it's a good goal. And that's that."

The U.S. team has been besieged with questions why soccer referees don't publicly explain controversial decisions, as umpires and referees do in U.S. sports.

"We're all accustomed to the fact that if it's an NFL playoff game and there's a call that's in question, there will be a statement by the league from the referees, but FIFA operates differently," Bradley said. "There are some aspects of it that are not made 100 percent clear. That seems to add to the discussion about the game. So from our end we get used to that. And we all have friends and family who ask us the same questions that most of you ask, and you end up saying that's just how it is sometimes, and then you move on and you get ready for the next game."

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2010, 06:25:17 PM »

Why did they not deserve to lose? You give up 2 goals in a must win game and expect to win. Jokers.

somwtimes yuh does talk high grade shit.  You know why they did not deserve to lose the two points, cause they scored more goals that the opponents..dais why!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2010, 07:41:31 PM »

somwtimes yuh does talk high grade shit.  You know why they did not deserve to lose the two points, cause they scored more goals that the opponents..dais why!

When did they score more goals than the opponents in this competition?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2010, 07:53:42 PM »
Wait nah.

How long Anelka playing football now?
Ent dis is he first world cup?

*Edit: I now reading he retire from international football.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 07:55:45 PM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2010, 08:04:45 PM »
Anelka had discipline problems from way back
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2010, 08:16:06 PM »
That excuse for a coach that France have dey deserve more that ah rinse-out with cuss.

GO USA! (cokey eye facker blowing when he should be sucking) U   S  A  !

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 08:46:57 PM »
Anelka had discipline problems from way back

Exactly one of the reasons why this was his first world cup.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

truetrini

Marcel Desailly Column
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 09:19:14 PM »
Here are some very interesting comments from Desailly, take from a column that he is writing for a South African paper during the Cup. There is food for thought in many of his observations.

Pressure gets to home team
Jun 19, 2010

It's never happened before that the host country has not qualified for the second round of the World Cup, so let's try not think about the possibility.

I talked about the pressure of expectation Bafana Bafana were under and how they could use that to inspire them in the tournament.

They did in the first game against Mexico, but when they were a little more tired in the second game the pressure became a negative thing.

Looking ahead to their game against France on Tuesday, the French should win if you look at the individuals of both sides. In their loss to Uruguay, South Africa looked like they had more problems than France.

The players struggle with tactics; then there's the pressure.

As for the French, Raymond Domenech got his tactics wrong again. Yes, we asked for Florent Malouda to start, but the coach changed the whole system. This is a good generation of players, but they were playing in a new system in which they can't play. Franck Ribery is a winger, not a playmaker. He relies on taking his man on and dribbling. A playmaker needs to find himself in good positions and put others away. Anyone but Ribery should have played in that position.

Still, France are in a better situation because they have better players.

If South Africa are eliminated, people will keep on going. They might struggle to fill the big stadiums and there will be less passion, but the people in the streets will still be curious to see what happens with the likes of Ronaldo and their teams.

It is now left to Ghana and Ivory Coast to succeed for the African continent.

Of the two, I believe Ivory Coast have what it takes, physically and psychologically because their players play in the big leagues in Europe, to go all the way to the final.

They have not won but they showed an ability to play well as a team and showed potential against the Portuguese.

A lot has been made of the ball. It's trickiness has added another element, but these are professional players so that should not be an excuse.

I think the main reason not too many goals have been scored is that 80% of the teams are playing 4-5-1. Nobody can counterattack because everyone is in the midfield.

Teams such as Argentina and Chile are not playing that system, and you can see it.

I've already said I believe Argentina can win it, but I've been very impressed with Chile. But I'm not sure they can handle the physical battles that lie ahead.

Portugal, France and England have disappointed. So much was expected of Deco, but he is no longer what he used to be, and Cristiano Ronaldo can't play by himself.

The surprising thing about England is the mistakes made by Fabio Capello. He chose the wrong goalkeeper for the first game and played Steven Gerrard as a second defensive midfielder when he can't play like that anymore.

Gerrard should be playing as a second striker behind Wayne Rooney.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Marcel Desailly Column
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 01:31:38 AM »
Desailly's goal celebration when Ghana scored against Serbia  ;D  :beermug:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lQZadh4ByVc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lQZadh4ByVc</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2010, 06:39:03 AM »
The next headline should read...

France sent packing......

God doh sleep and he doh like Thierry "hand of God" Henry....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Marcel Desailly Column
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2010, 06:44:29 AM »
He eh mention Holland in he analysis??!!. :o :o  Fire bun Desailly!!!.... :devil: :devil: ;D

On a serious note, good read Truetrini... :beermug:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2010, 07:21:11 AM »
As a former US hater, allyuh need to stop the hate.  :D No, j/k but at least hate with integrity.  :D It was a good goal, allyuh know that. If allyuh want to say allyuh still glad it was disallowed cos the US mustn't advance, well that's different.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2010, 08:40:43 AM »
team refusing to train now... look thing

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2010, 08:44:29 AM »
Fitness coach walks out of French training

By JEROME PUGMIRE, AP Sports Writer 7 minutes ago

KNYSNA, South Africa (AP)—France team director Jean-Louis Valentin says the national team is refusing to train following a dispute on the practice field.

Valentin also says he has resigned from the French football federation, shouting that he was “ashamed” of the team.

The team arrived at training Sunday but a few minutes after taking the field, fitness coach Robert Duverne stormed away from an argument with coach Raymond Domenech. Duverne threw his accreditation badge to the ground after the heated discussion and walked away.

The players then boarded the team bus.

The French team is in disarray after striker Nicolas Anelka was sent home for insulting Domenech, whose tactics and management skills have been called into question.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2010, 08:48:31 AM »

Don't be a ninnny. You do not leave your fate in the hands of others. You score and do not allow goals. You said they DESERVED to win, no they did not. Should they have probably. The refereee decision on the field is final, whetehre some thinks it wrong. The onl;y thing that the ref could be wrong about is not applying the laws of the game properly, can you say he did not? His view was that it's not a goal and that's all that matters.

At this level you cannot give up 2 early goals and say you deserve to win. Get off it.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2010, 08:50:42 AM »
As a former US hater, allyuh need to stop the hate.  :D No, j/k but at least hate with integrity.  :D It was a good goal, allyuh know that. If allyuh want to say allyuh still glad it was disallowed cos the US mustn't advance, well that's different.

Why is ESPN not showing the runs into the box from the start? All they keep showing is from where Edu scored. I want to see how Edu got free.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2010, 08:54:17 AM »
New French drama....

French team seemingly refusing to train today...BBC (aka BBC commentators Vieira and Desailly) got on the phone to find out what was going on...they are reporting that the team director has been sent home now (probably for leaking the Anelka story).

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2010, 08:56:36 AM »

KNYSNA, South Africa (AP)—France team director Jean-Louis Valentin says the national team is refusing to train following a dispute on the practice field.

Valentin also says he has resigned from the French football federation, shouting that he was “ashamed” of the team.

The team arrived at training Sunday but a few minutes after taking the field, fitness coach Robert Duverne stormed away from an argument with coach Raymond Domenech. Duverne threw his accreditation badge to the ground after the heated discussion and walked away.

The French team is in disarray after striker Nicolas Anelka was sent home for insulting Domenech, whose tactics and management skills have been called into question.

........yes man, dem Irish must be let go some kinda bad luck Leprechauns in dey arse....God doh sleep!!!
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2010, 09:10:34 AM »

........yes man, dem Irish must be let go some kinda bad luck Leprechauns in dey arse....God doh sleep!!!

Is not only dat nuh!  Is you and yuh "God doh sleep" mantra....yuh ressit on dem good, BrownSugar!!  (just leave my Brazil out yuh mout');D

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2010, 09:19:06 AM »
  Is not only dat nuh!  Is you and yuh "God doh sleep" mantra....yuh ressit on dem good, BrownSugar!!  (just leave my Brazil out yuh mout');D

BRAZIL
BRAZIL
BRAZIL.... :devil: :devil: ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2010, 09:57:54 AM »
:devil:

exactly ;D
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

1]; } ?>