March 28, 2024, 03:33:18 AM

Author Topic: Brazil v Côte d'Ivoire  (Read 22579 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brazil v Côte d'Ivoire
« on: June 20, 2010, 05:55:04 AM »
Like allyuh forget dis game is today. I shamelessly banditing dis from somewhere else.

Brazil-Côte d’Ivoire preview

Throughout their glittering FIFA World Cup™ history, Brazil have never lost to a team from outside South America or Europe, a record they will put to the test against Côte d'Ivoire in Johannesburg on Sunday evening. Victory for Dunga's side will secure them a place in the next round, but with Didier Drogba having recovered from his elbow injury, achieving that will be easier said than done. After drawing 0-0 with Portugal in their Group G opener, the Elephants can ill afford to lose.

The match
Brazil-Côte d’Ivoire, Group G, Soccer City, Johannesburg, Sunday 20 June, 20.30

Much vaunted for their attacking firepower, Brazil and Côte d’Ivoire were both involved in largely low-key opening games. Brazil spent most of their meeting with Korea DPR trying to find their way through the well-drilled Chollima defence, while the Ivorians were frustrated by Portugal in a match in which the defences held sway throughout. Having worked off their debut nerves, however, and with the Round of 16 beckoning, the two sides ought to serve up an entertaining encounter. With the likes of Drogba, Luis Fabiano, Salomon Kalou and Robinho on duty, another defensive spectacle is unlikely.

Players to watch
Lucio v Didier Drogba

The Elephants' centre-forward had an excellent season with club side Chelsea, playing a leading role in their English Premier League and FA Cup double success by hitting a total of 44 goals in 52 games. The only blemish on the Blues' season came when they were eliminated by Inter Milan in the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League. That tie featured a fascinating duel between the inspirational Drogba and Inter bulwark Lucio, one that was edged by the Brazilian and that will be renewed on Sunday night. Inter's 3-1 aggregate win was one of the high points of their run to the continental club title but. having enjoyed a late run-out against the Portuguese, Drogba will be relishing the chance to exact revenge.

The stat
6 - The number of consecutive wins that Brazil have strung together, just one short of Argentina's current run of seven straight victories. The last time they failed to win was in October 2009 when, having already secured qualification, they fielded a weakened side in a qualifier against Bolivia and lost 2-1. Prior to that match, Dunga's charges had won 11 on the trot.

What they said
"Côte d'Ivoire are physically very strong but I think the fact they drew their first game will work in our favour. They need to go out and get a result and it will be a totally different game to our opening match against Korea DPR, who just wanted to defend and hit on the counter. I think Côte d’Ivoire will come out and play more," Julio Cesar, Brazil goalkeeper.

"I have a lot of respect for Brazil. They are one of the best teams in the world without question, but I'm not scared of them. I have some top-class players who bear comparison with any team in the world. Discipline and cohesion will be vital. That's the way to beat Brazil," Sven-Goran Eriksson, Côte d’Ivoire coach.

Voice of the fans
"Côte d’Ivoire have their strengths and they're a team with plenty of pedigree. Even though Drogba isn't fully fit, they'll have their chances. I'm banking on them. May the best team win," RasLeo, FIFA.com user.

Have your say
Can Brazil book their place in the next round at the expense of the Ivorians?

Source: FIFA.com

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brazil v Côte d'Ivoire
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 05:55:47 AM »
Perfect game for Fathers Day.

Last few times Drogba and Lucio met....Drogba had to call Lucio Daddy. I wonder if he walked with a card for him?

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 06:04:47 AM »

Last few times Drogba and Lucio met....Drogba had to call Lucio Daddy. I wonder if he walked with a card for him?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Allyuh men doh bite nice boy!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 06:22:43 AM »

BOOM!  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :beermug:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 06:28:25 AM »
Like allyuh forget dis game is today. I shamelessly banditing dis from somewhere else.

Brazil-Côte d’Ivoire preview

Throughout their glittering FIFA World Cup™ history, Brazil have never lost to a team from outside South America or Europe, a record they will put to the test against Côte d'Ivoire in Johannesburg on Sunday evening. Victory for Dunga's side will secure them a place in the next round, but with Didier Drogba having recovered from his elbow injury, achieving that will be easier said than done. After drawing 0-0 with Portugal in their Group G opener, the Elephants can ill afford to lose.

The match
Brazil-Côte d’Ivoire, Group G, Soccer City, Johannesburg, Sunday 20 June, 20.30

Much vaunted for their attacking firepower, Brazil and Côte d’Ivoire were both involved in largely low-key opening games. Brazil spent most of their meeting with Korea DPR trying to find their way through the well-drilled Chollima defence, while the Ivorians were frustrated by Portugal in a match in which the defences held sway throughout. Having worked off their debut nerves, however, and with the Round of 16 beckoning, the two sides ought to serve up an entertaining encounter. With the likes of Drogba, Luis Fabiano, Salomon Kalou and Robinho on duty, another defensive spectacle is unlikely.

Players to watch
Lucio v Didier Drogba

The Elephants' centre-forward had an excellent season with club side Chelsea, playing a leading role in their English Premier League and FA Cup double success by hitting a total of 44 goals in 52 games. The only blemish on the Blues' season came when they were eliminated by Inter Milan in the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League. That tie featured a fascinating duel between the inspirational Drogba and Inter bulwark Lucio, one that was edged by the Brazilian and that will be renewed on Sunday night. Inter's 3-1 aggregate win was one of the high points of their run to the continental club title but. having enjoyed a late run-out against the Portuguese, Drogba will be relishing the chance to exact revenge.

The stat
6 - The number of consecutive wins that Brazil have strung together, just one short of Argentina's current run of seven straight victories. The last time they failed to win was in October 2009 when, having already secured qualification, they fielded a weakened side in a qualifier against Bolivia and lost 2-1. Prior to that match, Dunga's charges had won 11 on the trot.

What they said
"Côte d'Ivoire are physically very strong but I think the fact they drew their first game will work in our favour. They need to go out and get a result and it will be a totally different game to our opening match against Korea DPR, who just wanted to defend and hit on the counter. I think Côte d’Ivoire will come out and play more," Julio Cesar, Brazil goalkeeper.

"I have a lot of respect for Brazil. They are one of the best teams in the world without question, but I'm not scared of them. I have some top-class players who bear comparison with any team in the world. Discipline and cohesion will be vital. That's the way to beat Brazil," Sven-Goran Eriksson, Côte d’Ivoire coach.

Voice of the fans
"Côte d’Ivoire have their strengths and they're a team with plenty of pedigree. Even though Drogba isn't fully fit, they'll have their chances. I'm banking on them. May the best team win," RasLeo, FIFA.com user.

Have your say
Can Brazil book their place in the next round at the expense of the Ivorians?

Source: FIFA.com

is only FIFA, de ultimate setta tief, yuh tief it from.....no shame in dat!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 06:46:17 AM »

Ah boy Bourbon yuh in ripping form this morning....

On another but related note, I backing the Ivory Coast....ah will be the only one on here apparently, but the worse Brazil do the better for mih Orange men.... ;D

GO IVORY COAST!!!....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 07:00:27 AM »

On another but related note, I backing the Ivory Coast....ah will be the only one on here apparently, but the worse Brazil do the better for mih Orange men.... ;D

GO IVORY COAST!!!....

....so lewwe get this right:  Yuh want Ivory Coast to win, but yuh gone and put yuh mout' on dem?  BrownSugar?.....yuh have me and all confused!  :devil:

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 07:20:44 AM »
I am just hoping the 1st half ends 0-0 , with that its possible for an upset .

Go Ivory Coast !

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 07:28:34 AM »
I still find watching that Brazil squad a man coulda get drop for Ronaldinho.

Kleberson and Julio Baptisita come to mind.

Is only so much Robinho could do....when they need more magic dust "teets" coulda comeon and share toolum and tru ball for a 20min.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 07:46:31 AM »
I still find watching that Brazil squad a man coulda get drop for Ronaldinho.

Kleberson and Julio Baptisita come to mind.

Is only so much Robinho could do....when they need more magic dust "teets" coulda comeon and share toolum and tru ball for a 20min.

Long time i saying dat..buh Dunga want it so..so yuh hadda trust de coach. What ever happen he hadda take de credit or blame for it.

I eh sure how i want dis game to go. A Brazil win go make it hard for Ivory Coast. A draw go make it lil tricky. If i hadda chose between Ivory Coast and Portugal..i go lean towards Ivory Coast. Buh we go see.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 07:48:30 AM »

GO IVORY COAST!!!....

....so lewwe get this right:  Yuh want Ivory Coast to win, but yuh gone and put yuh mout' on dem?  BrownSugar?.....yuh have me and all confused!  :devil:

Oh shucks, ah forget mih role in this tournament....GO BRAZIL!!!
 :devil: ;D ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 08:34:30 AM »

Lol, good one ant-chelsea humor notwithstanding.. Ah backing de elephants for this one, Go Ivory Coast!!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 08:57:29 AM »
dis is ah hard one boy ah like both go take draw but wont mind ah IC win, ah tink brazil could handle dey stories against portugal, but ah frighten for ivory coast against North Korea, dem ain't no whippin post
I pity the fool....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 08:58:26 AM »
This is the only game in the World Cup I want to draw. Brazil is my side and want Ivory Coast to advance.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2010, 09:07:02 AM »
dis is ah hard one boy ah like both go take draw but wont mind ah IC win, ah tink brazil could handle dey stories against portugal, but ah frighten for ivory coast against North Korea, dem ain't no whippin post

We seein' it de same way boy, lefty, I rel agree wit yuh.  We need a draw this afternoon (a high-scoring, entertaining draw would suit me just fine!!) and a N. Korea upset tomorrow and fuh Brazil to mash-up josie and the pussycyats and Ivory Coast to mash-up N. Korea.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 09:10:17 AM »
I cud see dis game being real dull. I really hope I'm wrong :)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 09:12:11 AM »

Nah man it eh go be dull.  This group too tight fuh anybody to slack offf.  EVERYBODY still have to play to win to advance because anything sould still go on wit dis group.  :beermug:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 10:51:31 AM »
Yuh mad ? Brazil just beat North Korea 2-1. They coming out to win this one and qualify one time.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2010, 11:27:46 AM »
brazil cutarse book
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2010, 12:02:49 PM »
30 mins to go...i going to have a father's day beer and take in this game.  i like brazil but i ent go mind if the black man wine on dem today, portugal cant beat brazil plain and simple

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2010, 12:06:05 PM »

Nah man it eh go be dull.  This group too tight fuh anybody to slack offf.  EVERYBODY still have to play to win to advance because anything sould still go on wit dis group.  :beermug:

Brazil is a counter attacking side and Ivory Coast have Sven. It could very well be tight.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2010, 12:11:21 PM »
Brazilian media reporting kaka not at 100%. We will see if he starts!
IVC are the best African team and has a strong possibility to advance. However, Brazil already have a win and can afford to be patient, knowing IVC has to get a win or tie.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2010, 12:29:47 PM »
Brazilian media reporting kaka not at 100%. We will see if he starts!
IVC are the best African team and has a strong possibility to advance. However, Brazil already have a win and can afford to be patient, knowing IVC has to get a win or tie.

I actually feel that IC have less to lose. Even if they lose or draw to Brazil they could still wait and see if Portugal mess up against NKorea i.e. lose, draw or win small.

If they beat Brazil though they will be favourites to win the group
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2010, 12:39:43 PM »

Already yuh wrong... game start lively man.

Go Ivory Coast!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2010, 12:47:29 PM »

Go Ivory Coast!

What i really mean was that I think it will finish 0-0....I am fed up of these low-scoring matches. I was bored even in de Italy-NZ game...I am dying to see more goals.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2010, 12:55:27 PM »
Goal boy

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2010, 12:55:39 PM »

Go Ivory Coast!

What i really mean was that I think it will finish 0-0....I am fed up of these low-scoring matches. I was bored even in de Italy-NZ game...I am dying to see more goals.

dis my first game fuh de day since ah decide tuh wake and play Christian... maybe I more hyped than anything but game lively.

As ah type... Luis Fabiano pull ah Donovan and score.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2010, 01:01:15 PM »
Wish Dani Alves could play left back...not feeling Bastos at the moment.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2010, 01:09:36 PM »
IVORY COAST!!!

But they playing in green and not the usual Orange so today mighten be their day.....Orange is a good colour... ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 01:15:11 PM by Brownsugar »
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2010, 01:17:59 PM »
halftime....personally i find dis game pretty grim so far

1]; } ?>