April 20, 2024, 07:24:28 AM

Author Topic: Brazil v Côte d'Ivoire  (Read 22862 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: Brazil v Côte d'Ivoire
« Reply #150 on: June 21, 2010, 07:28:26 AM »
Player Power. It seems it's rampant now. So the players pull their cord and end up in a situation of "be careful you get what you wish for!"
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 21, 2010, 07:31:52 AM »
I actually agree with Omar and, to an extent, Elan.

Brazil was just as responsible for the chippiness at the end. Kaka get penalized becuase the ref didn't see the actual contact but it could have happened to any of the CIV players when the Brazilians went down with minimal contact.

Also this Brazil team isn't anti-football but it is about waiting for the other team to lapse more thanreally going at teams. At the time of the 1st goal CIV was making most of the running and the goal was against the run of play. As per this Brazil that open them up more and Brazil take control. CIV was not that defensive they start with three strikers and was probing. To their credit because if they had come with 10 men behind the ball his game woulda been a 0-0 because this Brazil struggles in those situations for obvious reasons, i.e. the desire to play Melo and Gilberto.

Disagree.  CIV had everyone behind the ball for large parts of the 1st half, which is what made the game so static in the beginning, because as you say Brazil doesn't have their usual creative punch going forward.  The goal was barely against the run of play because there was no definite run of play.  Brazil made the first attacking forays in the game, and CIV had just started to come into their own before Brazil scored.  Neither g-keeper was really tested before Brazil scored first.  Brazil had some shots off target, and CIV had a cross and a long range effor that went straight to JC....  
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 07:33:36 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2010, 08:06:16 AM »
Doh study Omar...He just vex Italy needed a bogus penalty to get a point from the New Zealand match...

Under all the ole talk, after all is said and done, Ivory Coast eh do nuttin' tuh win the match- they were timid, unadventurous, and very disappointing.  Brazil was clearly the superior of the two teams in pure footballing terms... All 3 of Brazil's goals were quality- Luis Fabiano get away with some dodgy ball control but neither ball to hand contact was easy to spot (especially not the first)...and if yuh that wicked tuh begrudge a man a double cap and slap volley over marginal hand ball contact which in live play was pretty impossible to spot, then you are just a hater....

If it was Kaka yuh wouldna be saying that though.  :D
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2010, 08:28:10 AM »
Men criticizing Brazil because they not playin de way they want to see them play. Meanwhile, they have 2 wins and comfortably moving on to the next rounds.

How many times in the past, yuh see Brazil come to the world cup to entertain and get their ass sent home early. Dunga objective it to get # 6. And so far, he is on course to do that.

Sure up your defense, hold them out, and put away the chances when they come. I guarantee every team in this tournament has that as their mission. Not go out and entertain men thousande of mile away in their living room. And so far, nobody eh doing that better than this Brazil team.

Eh... even New Zealand on board with that. LOL
Toujour Pret!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2010, 08:38:59 AM »

If it was Kaka yuh wouldna be saying that though.  :D

;D ;D

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 21, 2010, 08:44:16 AM »
Men criticizing Brazil because they not playin de way they want to see them play. Meanwhile, they have 2 wins and comfortably moving on to the next rounds.

How many times in the past, yuh see Brazil come to the world cup to entertain and get their ass sent home early. Dunga objective it to get # 6. And so far, he is on course to do that.

Sure up your defense, hold them out, and put away the chances when they come. I guarantee every team in this tournament has that as their mission. Not go out and entertain men thousande of mile away in their living room. And so far, nobody eh doing that better than this Brazil team.

Eh... even New Zealand on board with that. LOL

Never! When has Brazil ever failed to get out the first rounds? you have to go back to 1990 to find Brazil eliminated in the round of 16 and that was the most un-entertaining Brazil side in History.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2010, 08:47:33 AM »
Never! When has Brazil ever failed to get out the first rounds? you have to go back to 1990 to find Brazil eliminated in the round of 16 and that was the most un-entertaining Brazil side in History.

And as unentertaining as that side was, they ran rings around Argentina in the round of 16 match, hit the woodwork 3 times, and eventually fell to one moment of brilliance from Maradona. 

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2010, 08:51:26 AM »

And as unentertaining as that side was, they ran rings around Argentina in the round of 16 match, hit the woodwork 3 times, and eventually fell to one moment of brilliance from Maradona. 

Kicker yuh missing the point. Check the thread I am addressing. I will agree with you on the fact, that they got knocked out on the best game the played in that tournament
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2010, 08:58:07 AM »
Brazil showed that they are the best team in the tournament and can still entertain.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 21, 2010, 09:03:19 AM »

Kicker yuh missing the point. Check the thread I am addressing. I will agree with you on the fact, that they got knocked out on the best game the played in that tournament

Nah I'm agreeing with you... just following up on your point. 

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2010, 09:23:31 AM »
I actually agree with Omar and, to an extent, Elan.

Brazil was just as responsible for the chippiness at the end. Kaka get penalized becuase the ref didn't see the actual contact but it could have happened to any of the CIV players when the Brazilians went down with minimal contact.

Also this Brazil team isn't anti-football but it is about waiting for the other team to lapse more thanreally going at teams. At the time of the 1st goal CIV was making most of the running and the goal was against the run of play. As per this Brazil that open them up more and Brazil take control. CIV was not that defensive they start with three strikers and was probing. To their credit because if they had come with 10 men behind the ball his game woulda been a 0-0 because this Brazil struggles in those situations for obvious reasons, i.e. the desire to play Melo and Gilberto.

Thank you JDB, I was being a little to strong with my words. You summed it there.  :beermug:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 21, 2010, 10:15:57 AM »
This thread is real tears.

On the real it was a decent game which could have been better had CIV attacked with the purpose and flair that they are capable of.

They were timid but hear d ting, Sven, Beenie and dese coaches know what they doing. Brazil coulda score 5 if CIV attacked with reckless abandon. See wha happen to NK today? These big sides doh make joke on the counter against a stretched defense.

D game start to get extra wild after Brazil try to gallery and do a set a prettiness and fan. Dem Africans wasn't takin dat. Even Harkes (I think it was him) say it was a good tackle when Robinho was tryin to gallery by the line and get jam...HARD. Yuh cyah try to embarass ppl so.

Dis Brazil side lookin good...for about 4 from Portugal and CR7.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 21, 2010, 10:36:29 AM »

That man crush clouding yuh brain jed...

Last time Brazil played Portugal, Portugal colleck de same 7 they dished out today....

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 21, 2010, 10:41:30 AM »
LOL.

Sad ting is Brazil might actually look better without Kaka. Would have been a nice game to experiment with Dinho
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 21, 2010, 10:49:59 AM »
LOL.

Sad ting is Brazil might actually look better without Kaka. Would have been a nice game to experiment with Dinho

Every Brazil game I watch, I hoping for Dinho tuh just somehow appear off the bench...

I think they will play to a friendly draw... 

From what I understand, Brazil & Portugal have a kinda friend friend vibe between them...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 21, 2010, 10:52:34 AM »
Brazil showed that they are the best team in the tournament and can still entertain.

Apparently you missed Germany games.  What was entertaining about Brazil game. Basic football like everybody else.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 21, 2010, 11:27:32 AM »
LOL.

Every Brazil game I watch, I hoping for Dinho tuh just somehow appear off the bench...

From what I understand, Brazil & Portugal have a kinda friend friend vibe between them...

Yeah and i realise that with how they went to score as much as possible. Me eh surprised doh.

Dinho woulda make mass. Ah well.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #167 on: June 21, 2010, 11:31:09 AM »
I think Brazil and Portugal will go for the win. If by about 60 mins nobody ahead I think they will close up shop.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 21, 2010, 11:35:16 AM »

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 21, 2010, 04:14:52 PM »
brazil sorf and kaka is an ass.

Don't forget extremely skillful.  :devil:  ivory coast played like jamaica today, they totally forgot that these players have some of the biggest contract$$$ in europe. yuh think them men want tuh risk getting ah career ending injury just tuh prove that they is the best @ playing football? i say dive as soon as yuh see ah man coming any where close tuh mashing yuh down yes.

But see yah faadah,

How our name come into this?

Wham, yuh have the copy write on the name jamaica or what? so what if i mention JA. you know as well as everyone in the caribbean who does follow football knows, that jamaica does play hard hard hard, as in break foot football, doh pretend yuh eh know.

Yuh have copyright pon the TNT name?

Yuh clearly 20+ years out of date. Jamaica plays decent ball now fi a long time.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 21, 2010, 04:53:22 PM »

Don't forget extremely skillful.  :devil:  ivory coast played like jamaica today, they totally forgot that these players have some of the biggest contract$$$ in europe. yuh think them men want tuh risk getting ah career ending injury just tuh prove that they is the best @ playing football? i say dive as soon as yuh see ah man coming any where close tuh mashing yuh down yes.

But see yah faadah,

Wham, yuh have the copy write on the name jamaica or what? so what if i mention JA. you know as well as everyone in the caribbean who does follow football knows, that jamaica does play hard hard hard, as in break foot football, doh pretend yuh eh know.

Yuh clearly 20+ years out of date. Jamaica plays decent ball now fi a long time.

shit... JA does only look good because we does play utter crap
we played 3 good games in the qualifiers big six, the first game away to el salvador and home against costa rica and mexico.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #171 on: June 21, 2010, 09:01:06 PM »
LOL.

spain might still win their group so brazil and portugal dont want to finish 2nd

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 22, 2010, 03:11:29 AM »

But see yah faadah,

Why yuh so contrary?? no body eh talking bout trini jamiaca tribal rivelry. all i was saying is JA does play wreckless, just like the ivorians, hence the reason i used yuhs as ah reference.

so please doh take this too far nah fardder, is ah basic comparison and we could agree tuh dis agree, but i may have the edge based on historical factual data.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 22, 2010, 03:54:24 AM »

But see yah faadah,

Why yuh so contrary?? no body eh talking bout trini jamiaca tribal rivelry. all i was saying is JA does play wreckless, just like the ivorians, hence the reason i used yuhs as ah reference.

so please doh take this too far nah fardder, is ah basic comparison and we could agree tuh dis agree, but i may have the edge based on historical factual data.

I contrary cause you outta date!

Jamaica USED to play like that...not nuh more.  Not talking bout nuh rivalry eidah! LoL

1]; } ?>