April 17, 2024, 07:38:24 PM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 37 - Group C: Slovenia vs England  (Read 4564 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 37 - Group C: Slovenia vs England
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2010, 03:23:02 AM »
I just heard an interesting comment on the game: An analysis said "if that England performance yesterday, was one of the opening games, everyone would ahve been critical of it. But desperation allows fans to accept it."
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2010, 03:29:07 AM »
I just heard an interesting comment on the game: An analysis said "if that England performance yesterday, was one of the opening games, everyone would ahve been critical of it. But desperation allows fans to accept it."

I agree with that. England has serious problems scoring goals when they have possession and they will not dominate possession against Germany.

That said, despite Germany's better play funny things does happen and England is always hard to beat outright in these knockout games. That Germany team has enough weaknesses for them to take advantage off. This game and the US Ghana games are 50:50 propositions IMO.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2010, 07:00:16 AM »

Thank you... the way the brit commentators was going orn you'd think we saw total dominance and the resurrection of a team that will win it all. The fans and media does scrape the bottom to find any slight good to blow out of proportion.

this is why when they fail they does kerry orn as if they loss a family member.

that youthful side germany have they will be a handful for hengland.

1]; } ?>