March 28, 2024, 09:20:27 AM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 38 - Group C: USA vs Algeria  (Read 40635 times)

AirMan

Re: WC 2010 - Match 38 - Group C: USA vs Algeria
« Reply #180 on: June 24, 2010, 12:32:04 AM »
United States progress in the sport is very evident today. They NOT a powerhouse BUT no team in the world will think about not respecting their game. I said before the tournament that the US will make Quarterfinals and it seems like I will be proven right.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 12:33:39 AM by AirMan »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 24, 2010, 02:41:49 AM »
I wont be surprised if they win and rub it all in your face.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't and you commit suicide.

Even still two out of three Concacaf teams made it to the last 16 that is an achievement on its own, I would expect the world to want more of the region after this solid performances and even if Mexico continues to ride their luck, anything is possible this is the world cup.

We should be sad because Honduras raped us and jus look how shitty they are, USA MEX leading the way and others cant keep up. One out of six? African teams made it... so far only only two European teams are in there too.

.....and it's still the two perennial concacaf powerhouses (since God knows when) that are "reppin'" the confederation.  The only two countries to have ever hosted a WC, a stat that is not likely to change.  The reason why the US and Mexico are successful is because they have good development programs for their youths, as do some of the other countries like Costa Rica  and......?  They aren't doing well because concacaf is getting better and their doing well isn't going to make concacaf get any better.  African teams lack alot of what it takes to be successful but that is on an administrative level and the Sub-Saharan teams are still babies in this tournament as far as repping their confederation is concerned so I don't care what the statistics are showing wit your one out of six.  Africa's progress might not live up to our expectations, but their talent and natural ability to play this game is evident and they won't underachieve forever.  Maybe one day the americans might live up to their own lofty expectations of being able to beat ANY side in a WC, but until then, Ghana still going to put them to the sword on Saturday!   Overachievement has its limitations, too. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 24, 2010, 03:18:11 AM »
Everybody talking about Donavan, Dempsey, but Jozy was my man of the match. He was giving the Algerian defence fits. And he made the crucial cross which rebounded to Donavan.

No doubt! Jozy was outstanding, one of the best games I have seen from him to date. If he can develop more consistency in his play, he could go very far.

On another Note Man talking about T&T is a REAL football country and our pro league have less than 200 people on average in attendance.  :o
Monkey really doh see their own tail nah
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 24, 2010, 03:39:20 AM »
Donovan and U.S. show flair for drama -- and a whole lot of heart

It was all over, wasn't it? The scoreboard at Loftus Versfeld stadium read USA 0, ALGERIA 0. The fourth official raised his board indicating just four minutes of stoppage time. The Americans had wasted their chances all day, hitting the woodwork once, and yet another FIFA officiating crew had waved off a legitimate U.S. goal.

It had to be over. The U.S. had blown its chance, falling short in the easiest World Cup group of its history, and now the response would be merciless back home. You couldn't advance ahead of Slovenia? You couldn't beat Algeria? All those millions of mainstream sports fans who'd tuned in over the past two weeks would go back to their other interests. It would be a long four years until the next World Cup in Brazil.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 24, 2010, 03:51:46 AM »
Donovan 'proud' after last-gasp American triumph

Instead Donovan's goal saw the Americans seal a 1-0 win over Algeria and leap frog both Slovenia  and England  and clinch top spot in Group C.

With England having secured qualification minutes earlier with a 1-0 victory over Slovenia, the Americans went into injury time staring at an unlikely exit with a point not enough to edge out Slovenia in second place.

But Donovan's second goal of the tournament ensured that the USA  would not be following the likes of France, South Africa and Greece on to an early flight home.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 24, 2010, 05:24:13 AM »
Clinton hops on U.S. soccer bandwagon

PRETORIA, South Africa – Weezer’s “Represent” was blaring across the delirious, victorious American locker room about the time Bill Clinton strolled in.

Former U.S. President Bill Clinton attending Wednesday's USA-Algeria match. (Michael Sohn/AP) Landon Donovan’s injury-time game-winner over Algeria had sprung the United States into the knockout round and set off parties from here to back home. The most important moment in American soccer history is what team officials were calling it, at least until Saturday afternoon’s game against Ghana.....

We’ve had [previous success] before but not with this much interest,” said Sunil Gulati, president of U.S. Soccer. “The country was tuned in like never before. It would’ve been a missed opportunity.”

No, soccer isn’t going to become the national sport or replace football or basketball. Maybe it doesn’t develop into much more than a once-every-four-year diversion.

What’s wrong with that, though? What’s wrong with another small step toward appreciation and admiration? What’s wrong with soccer causing people to cheer in work break rooms and crowd into bars in the middle of the day? What’s wrong with a few more flags flapping in the air? What’s wrong with everyone feeling a dose of American pride during a time when the recession keeps lingering and the wars keep going and the oil keeps leaking?

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/clinton-hops-on-u-s-soccer-bandwagon--fbintl_dw-clinton062310.html
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 05:28:48 AM by Fyzoman »
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 24, 2010, 05:42:39 AM »
Thank the MLS for the rise of USA and Landon Donovan

Yesterday, with time melting away, Landon Donovan raced into the Algerian penalty area and took his shot. It was one shot, his only shot on target for the day. But it was enough; he slotted it into the net to give the USA the win – for the game, and also for the group.

Winning the group might be reflexive for the world's soccer powerhouses, but the USA had not achieved it since the advent of colour television. Twenty years ago, the US had been almost ceremonial competition for the likes of Czechoslovakia and Austria. Twelve years ago, they lost to assorted semi-professionals from Iran. And now, they stand atop their group and are through to the last 16.

(continue)
- Xavi

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 24, 2010, 06:40:40 AM »
Big up to DeSowa, Precher, Capo let's keep the hate going guys.....ah loving it!!

GO GHANA!!! 
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 24, 2010, 06:51:03 AM »

I am back!

ah wonderin when yuh was goin an buss loose....change yuh screen name back to congressional medal of freedom nah
and tell capo get rid of he avatar or else yuh go report him to homeland security
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 24, 2010, 06:51:22 AM »
No, soccer isn’t going to become the national sport or replace football or basketball. Maybe it doesn’t develop into much more than a once-every-four-year diversion.

What’s wrong with that, though? What’s wrong with another small step toward appreciation and admiration? What’s wrong with soccer causing people to cheer in work break rooms and crowd into bars in the middle of the day? What’s wrong with a few more flags flapping in the air? What’s wrong with everyone feeling a dose of American pride during a time when the recession keeps lingering and the wars keep going and the oil keeps leaking?

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/clinton-hops-on-u-s-soccer-bandwagon--fbintl_dw-clinton062310.html

hmmmmmmmmmmmm where he was all d time it had football
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 24, 2010, 06:56:34 AM »
no disrespect D H W but me eh even bother to read your whole post...you is another one!

try selling dat to all the US fans in effing S. Africa (and at effing mother C&*T home) right now!
at
right we get it football/soccer not as big as American football, basketball, baseball in America (oh F*&K we get it).... sadly you aren't unique on dis forum, we have heard it all be-f**king-fore....so rock effing so and when dey beat Ghana i'll be right here asking if you like effing apples!

Jesus Christ sing ah new song nah?

hard luck if u doh like it  :devil: . As i say before USA is not the only country i doh like. f**k USA who doh like dais alyuh business.  :flamethrower:

EDIT

:devil:

GO GHANA!!! 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 07:29:22 AM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 24, 2010, 07:31:51 AM »
I would never support the US too and I backing Ghana to carry forward african pride...

But u cah hate on the football side cause they arrogant and feel they could win the world cup. Being arrogant is just part of being american. If they were not arrogant, they would be un-american. They would be canadian or something...that's just their culture.

Tha's like people hating we cause we like to fete...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 24, 2010, 07:32:37 AM »
me ent understand dem I personally express hate for both dem an' england in fact, italy, argie, and to ah lesser extent portugal on my hate list.....why no english resident forumites panty ridin up......alyuh good oui
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 07:46:13 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

truetrini

« Reply #193 on: June 24, 2010, 07:40:58 AM »
biggest draw in T&t for food... KFC   American!
Sesame Street...American  (had to add dat)
Flying somewhere...no doubt it on an American built plane
All dem jeans, shirts and shoes man does run down..American
All de best movies..American and Hollywood.
All de best pop music and hip hop..American
second longest lines in T&T after KFC..At the American embassy marli street POS
All de cable in T&T...American

Best team in Concacaf...American

all dem sports hats...American

Go America

I am definitely back!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 24, 2010, 07:42:27 AM »
no disrespect D H W but me eh even bother to read your whole post...you is another one!

try selling dat to all the US fans in effing S. Africa (and at effing mother C&*T home) right now!
at
right we get it football/soccer not as big as American football, basketball, baseball in America (oh F*&K we get it).... sadly you aren't unique on dis forum, we have heard it all be-f**king-fore....so rock effing so and when dey beat Ghana i'll be right here asking if you like effing apples!

Jesus Christ sing ah new song nah?

hard luck if u doh like it  :devil: . As i say before USA is not the only country i doh like. f**k USA who doh like dais alyuh business.  :flamethrower:

EDIT

:devil:

GO GHANA!!! 

Ah leave yuh out mih big up earlier....many, many apologies....
Big up D.H.W.... :cheers: :cheers:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 24, 2010, 07:47:40 AM »

Go America

I am definitely back!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ah leave yuh out mih big up earlier....many, many apologies....
Big up D.H.W.... :cheers: :cheers:

:salute:
Youtube Channel

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 24, 2010, 07:55:02 AM »
This thread is hilarious.

I doh "hate" per se, but I also doh hate the haters....Becaue I totally understand the feelings.  Nov 19 is a painful memory and as such it's a legitimate grudge.  I wouldn't doubt that there are football grudges all over the world that have their roots in something less significant than what we experienced in 1989.  

Shotta12 in what seems like an attempt to convert the non believers goes abit too far.  For e.g. USA is NOT more tactically sound than Brazil.  You're a football novice and an idiot if you think so.  If you think  Brazil has been a world beater through time on all talent and little tactics, you're completely clueless.  Brazil's off the field sophistication in the game is overshadowed by an image and a romanticism that great marketing has created on the backs of some extraordinary talent.  Brazil is NOT only just trying to adopt a tactical approach to the game- that's about as retarded a statement you can make...If you had a clue you'd know that criticim of Brazil's varying football philosophy and diversion from joga bonito has been a topic of discussion way way way before W.C. 2010.  In fact Brazil's World Cup team of WC 1974 which was dismantled by cryuff and the Dutch is highly regarded as one of the least "Brazilian" teams of all time. 

Anyhow back to the U.S.- There's alot to respect and admire, but there's also alot to be annoyed by.  A large part of the American society who comments on the game is cause for major irritation.  For a long time American society at large has ridiculed the game as being girly, boring, and inferior.  Even respected media has shat on football in a way that construes a very snobby and negative U.S. perspective on the globe.  Because the U.S. hasn't conquered the game the attitude comes across as jealous and nasty- Then there's the highly annoying, biased and sometimes unprofessional American commentary of the game, which is reason in itself to wish the U.S. would not even be involved so those guys would just hush...(I often feel the same way about the Brits)... add that to the big bad wolf stigma that already sits on the backs of Americans, and for us an additional grudge stemming from Nov 19, and you have alot of reasons to wish that the U.S. never conquers the sport.  Passion in love and hate is not only related to what happens on the field- and that's how it is in all Sports- The Irish hate the Brits, The Scottish hate the Brits, Argentina hates the Brits, The Brits hate the Germans, The Polish hate the Germans, The Germans and the Dutch hate eachother, The Swedes love and hate the Danes at the same time and vice versa...Lot's of American "soccer" fans dislike France and their team- Recognize a pattern? Go figure.      

People on this board dislike Argentine football and Italian football because of their socities' reputation for being racist...what does that have to do with football?  Arguably nothing...but it just goes to show that everybody has his/her reasons...  So be it....  
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 08:14:01 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 24, 2010, 08:09:11 AM »
thank you kicker, could not have said it better myself
I pity the fool....

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 24, 2010, 08:11:39 AM »
Come kicker come... YES COME... JOIN US

LET THE ANGER LEAD TO HATE

« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 08:13:22 AM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 24, 2010, 08:42:18 AM »

Go America

I am definitely back!

Chups...Ah sure Captain America outfit made in China..... :devil:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 24, 2010, 08:47:50 AM »
Hear d ting. I eh know why ppl really feel a grudge against d US for Novemebr 19th. Iz not like the people tief we. Yeah maybe Philbert could have gotten a penalty, but there was no great injustice done in this game. We just played shite for the most part and screwed up our chance. Why are we holding a grudge against the US?

We should blame TTFF for puttin the players on a long @$$ ride in a small, hot maxi before the game.
We should maybe blame the ref for the non-penalty call.
We should blame our collective inexperience.
But why blame the US for that one? Iz not as if the game was nasty or anyting either. ???
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 24, 2010, 08:50:44 AM »
Hear d ting. I eh know why ppl really feel a grudge against d US for Novemebr 19th. Iz not like the people tief we. Yeah maybe Philbert could have gotten a penalty, but there was no great injustice done in this game. We just played shite for the most part and screwed up our chance. Why are we holding a grudge against the US?

We should blame TTFF for puttin the players on a long @$$ ride in a small, hot maxi before the game.
But why blame the US for that one? Iz not as if the game was nasty or anyting either. ???

You ent bound to understand... just mind you business if you ent like it
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 24, 2010, 08:53:10 AM »

ENT :devil:
I pity the fool....

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 24, 2010, 08:53:12 AM »

Buh whadeassisdis  ???

Man questioning the authencity of other ppl hate oui...

We hated the US long before 89, but 89 just quadrupled the hate  :devil:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 24, 2010, 08:55:21 AM »

Go America

I am definitely back!

Chups...Ah sure Captain America outfit made in China..... :devil:

Same thing ah was thinking  :rotfl:

Plus KFC might be American, but we Perfected it  :devil:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 24, 2010, 10:04:33 AM »

Grudge by association...simple

« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 10:33:57 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 24, 2010, 10:28:16 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Oh shit man FF ah nearly choke on mih soup!!!...... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Why dey doh understand....hate have no rhyme or reason....leave we alone.... ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 24, 2010, 10:29:48 AM »

yuh making things way too complicated.

what is the point of being a sports fan if you don't have license to hate a team that you play on a regular basis that always gets the better of you? 1989 is the biggest single ingredient, but even if that didn't happen I woulda still end up hating that team by now.  

truetrini

« Reply #208 on: June 24, 2010, 10:34:29 AM »
USA does put 3 points in they win column everytime they see Trinidad.  I does only hate them when we playing dem.  I does want them to lose when the results will have an impact on our standings, beyond dat...what is the reason to hate? lol

And brownsugar Captain america does use ah seamstress in Miramar florida to make he cape and outfit. ;)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 24, 2010, 10:40:20 AM »
After several near-misses by U.S., Donovan dramatically nails winner

The line between stunning, historic success and abject failure is ruthlessly thin at a World Cup.

The goal, the one the United States wanted so desperately and needed even more badly to escape the first round, just wouldn't come. Visions of very bad things were surely starting to taunt U.S. fans, thousands of whom shrank nervously into the South African night with each scoreless minute. This team was about to become the U.S. side that couldn't win a game at World Cup 2010, with the sure coaching changes and player admonishments that would follow.

But then came the goal, a rebound buried by Landon Donovan, and now the entire U.S. South African effort -- the entire four-year cycle, really -- will be seen altogether differently, for this is the side that didn't lose a first-round match here.

(continue)
- Xavi

1]; } ?>