April 19, 2024, 07:31:48 PM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 50 - Round of 16 : USA vs Ghana  (Read 50257 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 50 - Round of 16 : USA vs Ghana
« Reply #360 on: June 26, 2010, 07:18:33 PM »
today was one of de best world cup days for me, watch de game at a bar with ppl from all over de world who had some real interesting views about who winning the world cup and why, drink till mih head real bad, de usa get licks, and ah even buss ah wine on ah fat ting when ghana score de 2nd goal....not no joke ting, ah real fat ting, happiness and alcohol does make yuh do ting yuh later regret.

you eh sound like yuh regret ah ting.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 26, 2010, 07:21:55 PM »
ghana made my day , uruguay is beatable .. ghana maybe di fuss african nation ever in the semis .. we'll take
it fram there . :beermug:

:praying:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #362 on: June 26, 2010, 07:27:12 PM »
today was one of de best world cup days for me, watch de game at a bar with ppl from all over de world who had some real interesting views about who winning the world cup and why, drink till mih head real bad, de usa get licks, and ah even buss ah wine on ah fat ting when ghana score de 2nd goal....not no joke ting, ah real fat ting, happiness and alcohol does make yuh do ting yuh later regret.

you eh sound like yuh regret ah ting.

:rotfl:

Nah boy, i get chain up from ah american pardna who i went to school with, he say no way ghana scoring in extra time, all kinda ting about dempsey and donovan scoring a goal in each half to shut up africa so i tell him i so sure that ghana scoring that i will buss ah wine on ah ting that aesthetically challenged...he say nah, buss one ah the biggest ting and in de heat of the moment i agree....it was ah ting from ghana who was liming near us with some yardies...is only in mid wine i start to worry about pics on facebook.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 26, 2010, 07:34:10 PM »
ghana made my day , uruguay is beatable .. ghana maybe di fuss african nation in the semis .. we'll take
it fram there . :beermug:

1 GAME at a TIME

Yeah... next thing yuh know people calling yuh "arrogant"  ;D

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 26, 2010, 07:40:07 PM »
Congrats Ghana- very good game. 10 out of 10 first half performance.  The U.S. switched up the formation in the 2nd half by bringing on an extra midfielder (Benny Feilhaber- sp?) and Ghana took a long time to adjust.  They were not finding the space to dominate the possession like they did in the first half.  Ghana also got sloppy with the ball at the back, and it seemed like the U.S chances were coming mostly off of Ghana mistakes- they got their shape back in the last 10 mins of the 2nd half, and the U.S. couldn't see their way after that- it was pure hit and hope in extra time.  Couple observations:

1- Ghana was the fitter team- surprisingly. I really thought that the U.S would be fitter.  Either that or the U.S. tired themselves out going for it in the 2nd half but in extra time Ghana continued to stroke it around and move off the ball while the U.S. was just hitting and hoping, and looking like a 3rd division English team.  

2- Taking off Altidore in extra time was a mistake unless he was tired or hurt.  Altidore carried the U.S. team this cup as far as a physical presence up top goes.  As soon as the U.S. fell into the hit and hope game, the lack of physical presence up top meant that they were relying on a lucky bounce and mistakes to get a goal.  

3- Prince Boateng is discovering himself in this World Cup.  Before he pulled up, he was the MOM IMO.

4- Ghana's football intellect in this game seemed to be on a higher level than the U.S. based on how they moved the ball in and out of the spaces, and played themselves out of difficult situations all over the field.  For a young team they were so calm in extra time too- I was surprised.  The U.S. got a fair amount of chances out of sheer relentlessness and lapses in concentration by the opposition, but in terms of pure football they were not on the same level as Ghana in most parts of the field.  

5- Ghana looks more than capable of beating Uruguay but I'm not convinced yet that they can go toe to toe with the Brazil's and Argentina's of the world....but they seem to be improving with every game so who knows?

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 26, 2010, 07:41:15 PM »
Being coached by Bob Bradley finally catches up to U.S.

It was bound to happen and against Ghana it did, perhaps a bit earlier than it really should have. The U.S. just fell behind one too many times and their exciting run worth a lot of praise came to an end against a solid Ghana team that deserved the 2-1 win in extra time.

Still, it's difficult to ignore the glaring problems that set this U.S. team up for what can reasonably seen as premature failure. They fought incredibly hard and showed amazing resilience, but in the end, many of the reasons the U.S. is now out of the World Cup can be traced back to coach Bob Bradley.

Coaches are often made into scapegoats and the targets of misguided frustration, but in the case of Bradley it's clear that blame is deserved. In the Ghana game alone, his mistakes were blatant and lethal.

[Photos: More images from the United States' loss to Ghana]

Instead of sticking with the lineup that got them a win over Algeria, he reinserted midfielder Ricardo Clark, who was culpable for England's quick goal against the U.S. in their opening match and all speed but no finish striker Robbie Findley. As a result, the U.S. ended up allowing yet another early goal in just the fifth minute of play off a ball given up by Clark, who then earned a yellow card two minutes later. Bradley finally realized his mistake and pretty much admitted it by substituting Clark in just the 30th minute. Findley, meanwhile, blew a fantastic chance to score by kicking the ball right at the goalkeeper. He was substituted at halftime for Benny Feilhaber, who made an instant impact that could have been just as useful in the first half. That left just one substitute to use after the half in a match that would end up going to extra time.

These issues are hardly new, though. As far back as the World Cup qualifying campaign, the U.S. has been giving up early goals -- a clear sign of poor preparation -- and both Clark and Findley have been proving their shortcomings, as have other players that Bradley stubbornly stuck with time and time again. And so the early goals kept coming, the wrong players kept sneaking into the starting XI, and against Ghana -- a team that only scored off of two penalty kicks in the entirety of the group stage -- it ended. After the match, Landon Donovan said the U.S. was just "too naive," which can really only be taken as a critique of their unacceptable preparation for a team they were favored to beat.

The Fire Bob Bradley campaign has been around for years now and has only been dismissed by the U.S. federation because the team kept rolling along in spite of its coach and his chronic mismanagement. Now that the rolling has stopped and U.S. fans are left frustrated over a favorable path to a World Cup semifinal squandered, it's time to thank Bradley for his commitment and the successes that he did bring and finally bring on a manager who can fully realize the potential (which, to be clear, is far from limitless) this squad has. Or at the very least won't constantly serve as a handicap to a national team ready to mature.

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Being-coached-by-Bob-Bradley-finally-catches-up-?urn=sow,251589
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 26, 2010, 07:50:27 PM »

This is the Pic of the World Cup.!!!!!!
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 26, 2010, 08:03:11 PM »
I dunno why a c**t like you does bother to respond, either, because yuh only talkin' a pack a ass.  Just like yuh dumb bitch ass was quick to call Christopher Sullivan a "Canadian." The first question the man asked him was "why did this team struggle again early in the game?" and donovan said he did not know.  Oh really? I guess Ghana's possession and technical abilty and skill didn't have anything to do with it.  The only time he gave Ghana their credit was when J. Schaap ASKED him what Ghana did.  It shouldn't take a leading question for an honest man to admit what went wrong. They were outplayed by a better team.   No matter where "he would rather be" after the loss, he was glad to have the mic in his face after their other games.       

Lol... I could only laugh at you yes fella, it so easy to get you to make ah ass of yuhself.  Christopher Sullivan is as American as Owen Hargreaves is English... but yuh ent have to take my word for it.  As for the other nitpicky comments about Donovan, he didn't just answer "I don't know" and shut up... but went on to explain that their struggles early on had to do with conceding the early goal.  But anyways, the video is there for all to see... your hormonal ranting aside.

time and time and time again, you prove what an "educated" c**t you so want to project yourself to be, talking 'bout takin' your word.  Again, your word is nothing to me.  Next thing yuh go be comparing Prince Boateng to Freddy Adu, but a jakcass is a jackass is a jackass, and that you surely are.  I will nitpickingly interpret donovan's post game comments as I see fit.  You can go f**k yourself.     

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #368 on: June 26, 2010, 08:07:56 PM »
i think the usa team was fitter than ghana but simply got tired dealing with the physical strength of the ghanians...their fitness is their main strength and it works against most teams except the physically stronger ones (i.e. their collapse against Brazil in the Confed Cup)

as for Coach Bradley, i think he did a great job for dem but the US "fans" need to blame somebody.....after watching the game with plenty of dem i does wonder if their fans know anyhting about football, most of dem said Bradley the player was one of the worst in de world cup and i was wondering if i was stevie wonder....but i feel they judge performance only on goals scored so donovan was great.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 26, 2010, 08:14:05 PM »
Congrats Ghana- very good game. 10 out of 10 first half performance.  The U.S. switched up the formation in the 2nd half by bringing on an extra midfielder (Benny Feilhaber- sp?) and Ghana took a long time to adjust.  They were not finding the space to dominate the possession like they did in the first half.  Ghana also got sloppy with the ball at the back, and it seemed like the U.S chances were coming mostly off of Ghana mistakes- they got their shape back in the last 10 mins of the 2nd half, and the U.S. couldn't see their way after that- it was pure hit and hope in extra time.  Couple observations:

1- Ghana was the fitter team- surprisingly. I really thought that the U.S would be fitter.  Either that or the U.S. tired themselves out going for it in the 2nd half but in extra time Ghana continued to stroke it around and move off the ball while the U.S. was just hitting and hoping, and looking like a 3rd division English team.  

2- Taking off Altidore in extra time was a mistake unless he was tired or hurt.  Altidore carried the U.S. team this cup as far as a physical presence up top goes.  As soon as the U.S. fell into the hit and hope game, the lack of physical presence up top meant that they were relying on a lucky bounce and mistakes to get a goal.  

3- Prince Boateng is discovering himself in this World Cup.  Before he pulled up, he was the MOM IMO.

4- Ghana's football intellect in this game seemed to be on a higher level than the U.S. based on how they moved the ball in and out of the spaces, and played themselves out of difficult situations all over the field.  For a young team they were so calm in extra time too- I was surprised.  The U.S. got a fair amount of chances out of sheer relentlessness and lapses in concentration by the opposition, but in terms of pure football they were not on the same level as Ghana in most parts of the field.  

5- Ghana looks more than capable of beating Uruguay but I'm not convinced yet that they can go toe to toe with the Brazil's and Argentina's of the world....but they seem to be improving with every game so who knows?

Did you hear when Lalas said that the game ending when it did (he quoted 90 minutes) worked in favor of Ghana as they were out of gas.
What supposed to happen when the time run out in the game?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #370 on: June 26, 2010, 08:16:31 PM »
lalas also said that the usa did not have much time since their last game....i guess ghana had 2 extra days to prepare.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 26, 2010, 08:17:16 PM »

None of your observations surprised me, I expected the Ghanaians to be as fit if not fitter than the americans and what you describe as their football intellect is what I was calling their "talent" earlier on.  I had faith in them beating the usa.  I eh so sure about beating Uruguay, though.....I think Uruguay have a lot more experience, skill and savvy than the us and would prove a tougher opponent...but would be ecstatic to see another Ghanaian victory.  I was also (quietly) hoping that the usa would have been emotionally fatigued after their three group games.  I was hoping that those games took alot out of them to be able to keep up with Ghana.  Don't know how much it may have been a factor, but you never know.  

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 26, 2010, 08:32:14 PM »
None of your observations surprised me, I expected the Ghanaians to be as fit if not fitter than the americans and what you describe as their football intellect is what I was calling their "talent" earlier on.  I had faith in them beating the usa.  I eh so sure about beating Uruguay, though.....I think Uruguay have a lot more experience, skill and savvy than the us and would prove a tougher opponent...but would be ecstatic to see another Ghanaian victory.  I was also (quietly) hoping that the usa would have been emotionally fatigued after their three group games.  I was hoping that those games took alot out of them to be able to keep up with Ghana.  Don't know how much it may have been a factor, but you never know.  

Yeah I hear what you're saying about their talent.  I honestly wasn't impressed with Ghana in their first two games- but I liked what I saw against Germany, and I think they stepped it up another notch in this game (or maybe the U.S. was just weaker opposition)...

Uruguay will be stubborn and their striking pair is on another level compared to anything they saw today against the U.S. so yeah it will be a tough one, but I think they have what it takes to mix it up and come out on top.  Korea ran rings around Uruguay for long periods today......

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 26, 2010, 08:50:21 PM »
ghana will really miss ayew against uruguay. he did a lot for ghana all tournament.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #374 on: June 26, 2010, 09:22:18 PM »
I just finish watching the replay. I had class today. After watching the game I have to agree with Mango Chow. Ghana were superior to the USA by far. In the 1st half especially the difference was glaring. The US played a more talented team and for once a team that are superior to them physically as well. The American defender actually try to foul Gyan and the man still recover to shake the onion bag.

The English will make their exit tomorrow for the same reasons.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #375 on: June 26, 2010, 09:27:42 PM »
Once T&T is not there, I wish the U.S. all the best.

Sorry they didn't win, but credit to Ghana, they played some good football.

At leats USA left with their heads held high and also represented CONCACAF well.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 26, 2010, 09:29:19 PM »
Whining on nuff ting in DC, probably a bit harder and more vigorously w/Ghana's victory

Happy for Ghana, hope they can upset Uruguay as they rep. the mother land, it will be tough thoughas their starting right back and center back (younger Mensah) will be out on suspension.

Yuh sure Mensah will be out?  Ah know Ayew have two cards and will have to sit.

Chris sullivan is the only American commentator I truly respect-he knows his football and he is not a homer. He would have been a welcome addition to these espn broadcast.

Christopher Sullivan is Canadian.

Young Mensah, the back of shirt says Jonathan to distinguish him from capt Mensah, so said the caption on the coverage when he received the yellow, would be great if they were wrong.

Yes, CS is Canadian, but I think you get the point re-the nature of his commentary and how interwoven both countries are from the perspective of the major leagues
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 26, 2010, 09:40:10 PM »
Young Mensah, the back of shirt says Jonathan to distinguish him from capt Mensah, so said the caption on the coverage when he received the yellow, would be great if they were wrong.

Yes, CS is Canadian, but I think you get the point re-the nature of his commentary and how interwoven both countries are from the perspective of the major leagues

I not doubting yuh with regards to Mensah (yeah, ah know he and the Capt. share names), I was more surprised because I didn't hear it mentioned during the game.  Probably missed it.  I echo ribbit's sentiment on Ayew though, that yute run real ball in all four of Ghana's games thus far.  I think they'll real miss him down the right flank against Uruguay... who good for a few yellow card tackles in defense.  In the least he would have helped create opportunities for them from set pieces.

Aside from that, as a longtime fan of Christopher Sullivan, I definitely get the point... it's one that I myself have made in the past, it's no secret that I consider him to be the best commentator this side of the Atlantic.  Harkes would be as well, but he seems to have regressed during qualification and then these games.  I've been real disappointed by how biased and shallow his commentary has been.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 26, 2010, 09:46:23 PM »
Harkes would be as well, but he seems to have regressed during qualification and then these games.  I've been real disappointed by how biased and shallow his commentary has been.

Harkes and Lalas let their patriotism, and their US senior team alum status influence what supposed to be "independent" commentary...It ultimately infringes on their professionalism. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 26, 2010, 09:46:45 PM »
The American defender actually try to foul Gyan and the man still recover to shake the onion bag.

The English will make their exit tomorrow for the same reasons.

I think allyuh making too much of that "foul"... Bocanegra was in a footrace for the ball and try to hit Gyan a shoulder-to-shoulder tackle.  On a fifty-fifty ball that's not a foul.  I did like Bocanegra's reaction after Gyan shrug it off doh LOL.  Even before Gyan size up de strike Bocanegra throw he head back and pull up like he dun know what was about to happen.  Only Howard and DeMerit act like dey didn't read de script.  What a killer finish though... beautiful goal, even the Americans raving about it.  I dunno why allyuh bothering reading that trash on Yahoo where any idiot with internet access can give free reign to his ignorance.  The Yanks on the NYT "Goal" blog (which is actually moderated) have for the most part been very balanced in recognizing that they were up against a superior squad who actually lived up to the billing this time.  Some starting to think of this as a rivalry... and might be nice to see the USSF promote it as such by organizing some friendlies in future.

Poor Adu and Edu though.

Harkes would be as well, but he seems to have regressed during qualification and then these games.  I've been real disappointed by how biased and shallow his commentary has been.

Harkes and Lalas let their patriotism, and their US senior team alum status influence what supposed to be "independent" commentary...It ultimately infringes on their professionalism. 

I have to agree.  I not on Lalas because I never really confuse he fuh ah professional, but Harkes at one point was on a trajectory towards respectability in terms of his analysis and insight.  In reality I think he reach he level with MLS games.  He not ready for international duty yet.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 09:50:15 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 26, 2010, 09:52:22 PM »
It will be stronger when I get over.  Just call me freedom just like a waving flag...So wave your flag.... ;D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 26, 2010, 09:54:40 PM »
It will be stronger when I get over.  Just call me freedom just like a waving flag...So wave your flag.... ;D

You fuhgetting yuh up in Viking territory... careful which flag yuh waving dey enuh, lol

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 26, 2010, 10:17:27 PM »
Lol@ that last pic...  Gyan eh business, he gone tuh buss ah wine   ;D

Bakes...dah last picture is real tempo in trute...he eh studying dem at all, he say "haul allyuh ass". :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 26, 2010, 10:25:05 PM »
Kevin-Prince Boateng's goal
(somebody do the embed thing for me nah please and thanks!!)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/THLLNSL1o4c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/THLLNSL1o4c</a>

In all the excitement about Gyan's goal this one was a real good individual one too eh......ah still find ah enjoying this a bit too much!!... :devil: ;D

Alyuh notice the turn he make, that take the two defenders out  :rotfl: Howard take the chain up too  :D

LOL @ d pics , ah know alyuh love it   ;D

Yeah, dat turn was de killer......Howard wasn't able to maintain his angular positioning. Not to mention he really didn't get off a rel god shot eh....de ball like it kinda run away from him and he hit a half topee;D

Nah Mango, yuh hadda watch dat again. He had nuff control and leggo ah good shot...dat was ah pure boss goal.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 26, 2010, 10:27:31 PM »
Yes boy D.H.W.    :cheers: :cheers:

Zeppo goh dead.....if he hasn't already died..... :devil: ;D

On another note, let them stay dey and feel Obama wasn't silently rooting for Ghana...... ;D ;D

Thas the biggest TV they could get for the President of the United States boy?

Yuh know?? like presy in ah bunker or wha? :rotfl:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 26, 2010, 11:44:54 PM »
Kevin-Prince Boateng's goal
(somebody do the embed thing for me nah please and thanks!!)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/THLLNSL1o4c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/THLLNSL1o4c</a>

In all the excitement about Gyan's goal this one was a real good individual one too eh......ah still find ah enjoying this a bit too much!!... :devil: ;D

Alyuh notice the turn he make, that take the two defenders out  :rotfl: Howard take the chain up too  :D

LOL @ d pics , ah know alyuh love it   ;D

Yeah, dat turn was de killer......Howard wasn't able to maintain his angular positioning. Not to mention he really didn't get off a rel god shot eh....de ball like it kinda run away from him and he hit a half topee;D

Nah Mango, yuh hadda watch dat again. He had nuff control and leggo ah good shot...dat was ah pure boss goal.

Yeah, I agree yuh know, but it look kinda unorthodox....like it come off he bunion.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 11:52:45 PM by Mango Chow! »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 27, 2010, 12:01:31 AM »
didn't see the game and unfortunately didn't see the replay, but I'm starting to think the only reason i don't share the irrational haterade some of you have for them is that i don't have to listen to their commentary. I can empathise; I remember Atlanta 96...

Sound like the better team one, bradley got his starting tactics wrong (again), and there are idiots (and american ones at that) on the internet. Nothing new under the sun.

Interesting that nobody quoted this comment:
My congratulations to Ghana. The US made a valiant effort. I'm proud of them. Good luck to all the remaining teams. But I hope the remaining African team goes all the way. Very sorry to see such ignorant comments coming out from both sides. We should be treating the big blue ball (earth) as seriously as we do the smaller white one (football). Peace and talk to you in 4 years.

Too "atypical i guess ::)

Congrats to the US for representing Concacaf well, congrats for Ghana for striking one up for Africa who to be frank, needed it more that Concacaf did.

Suddenly i'm even more upset that Mexico finished second in their group...I just don't know how they'll be beating Argentina in any configuration.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 27, 2010, 12:14:43 AM »
Whining on nuff ting in DC, probably a bit harder and more vigorously w/Ghana's victory

Happy for Ghana, hope they can upset Uruguay as they rep. the mother land, it will be tough thoughas their starting right back and center back (younger Mensah) will be out on suspension.

Yuh sure Mensah will be out?  Ah know Ayew have two cards and will have to sit.

Chris sullivan is the only American commentator I truly respect-he knows his football and he is not a homer. He would have been a welcome addition to these espn broadcast.

Christopher Sullivan is Canadian.

I really eh know where allyuh gettin' allyuh information but......

Christopher Sullivan (born April 18, 1965 in Redwood City, California)........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Sullivan_(soccer)

Sullivan grew up in Northern California and was an all-American at the University of Tampa, in Division II, in the mid-1980s. He turned professional and played in Europe (France, Sweden, Denmark, Hungary and Germany), Mexico and the United States. Sullivan played 19 times for the U.S. national team, including coming on as a substitute in two matches during the 1990 World Cup in Italy, which ended a 40-year absence of the American team from the tournament.

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/24/an-american-voice-in-the-worlds-game/

....unless he pull a Barrack Obama (because we all know he was really born in Kenya)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 27, 2010, 12:26:08 AM »
I go dead yes...

You f**king alexi lalas, u made the US lose today !! u jinxed the f**king team with all your shit trash talking other teams ... even the ref didn't give a single decision for the US probably because of his annoyance at u f**king lalas..... BUT at least as a consolation we all got to see ur pathetic facial expression...

heard your interview on ESPN last night you ginger c**t, easy route to the semis for the U.S? "good riddance to bad rubbish" "the english have delusions of grandeur" haha.

beaten by the 32 ranks team in the world straight out mud huts. haha

hahahaha you ugly camel fingering ginger piss flap i bet you feel like a right c**t

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Most people hate American soccer because of you "MLS is equal to EPL" really? I mean really. Your arrogance makes me wanna smash my tv into the floor. And I think that you should swallow your pride now and allow every Ghanian player to fart in your mouth.

:rotfl:

Well how do u feel now Lalas, u talk shit about all the other countries and this is wat happens, ya i bet u were crying when USA lost, you know i was starting to like and respect the USA team but then u opened ur mouth and pissed me off, stupid ignorant ginger

Now that USA is gone, could you please leave? Thanks.

SOMEBODY TAPE THIS ASSHOLE MOUTH SO WE CAN ENJOY THE GAME IN PEACE!
AND LET THE REAL COMMENTATORS, THAT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT SPEAK!! LALAS, TAKE THE MICROPHONE YOU ARE HOLDING AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS.

I hope you read this page everyone thinks you're a complete tool, with no credentials and no reason to walk around like you know everything. You're starting to ruin the worlds best sporting tournament for people. Be a man and resign so people can enjoy the World Cup in peace. Please

What I meant to say is, man up, do the right thing and f**k Off!!!!!

This man getting real love den :rotfl: :rotfl:

http://www.facebook.com/alexilalas
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 12:27:53 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #389 on: June 27, 2010, 05:56:41 AM »

I been reading some of the posts of this page and I feel sorry that too many people hate Alexi.....Come on guys.... You have to understand that Alexi doesn't know anything about football!!!!! He is just an ignorant on the subject!!!!. For example: He ridicule Diego Armando Maradona, for his campaign as a coach of the Argentine National Team, that he doesn't have any coaching skills and blah blah blah.....YOU DON'T DO THAT ALEXI!!!!!
Look at Diego now!!!!!!
Let's look for another job to Alexi...... I got it!!!!!! He should grow his beard and hair, and start making caveman or viking commercials!!!!!
Sorry for all the haters Alexi!!!! but I am here to help!!!! I will keep looking for a better thing for you to do!!!! Because, certainly you have no idea what you talking about!!!!
This one win.

1]; } ?>