March 28, 2024, 03:24:04 AM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 50 - Round of 16 : USA vs Ghana  (Read 49879 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 50 - Round of 16 : USA vs Ghana
« Reply #420 on: June 29, 2010, 10:45:45 AM »
I'm getting a picture that the New York Post come like the Blast up there.
The new york post is ah forkin tabloid!! plus they have a knack for puttin their foot in their mouth and arse @ the same time! it's nothing new with them to offend minorities or unfamiliar nonamerican ghetto american culture.

i and most black ppl stopped buying the rag.... oh i mean the post, they went too far about ah yr ago with ah real racist front page article, and that was the final straw. next on the chopping block would be the daily news. the post is real bias northern cracker news paper @ best with the daily news not far behind.

Yeah the new york post and daily news have no substance at all in it.. like the sun and the news of the world in the UK..

what front page article was that JC like i miss that one.
Omar yuh give meh ah job dey meh boy, but thank god ah found it right away.
http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2009/02/new-york-post-hits-new-low-with.html

Maaaaaan lewwe doh even WASTE we energy on de ny post......I does rel shake meh head when I see black people spendin' dey money on dat trash.....rel clueless.....YEARS ago I meas up to 14 - 15 years ago, my union wouldn't even allow people to come on our work site wit dat paper in dey hand. 

woww, well nah boy.. I used to buy that paper every day just to pass time on the train but never knew is all ah dat.. well yuh learn something new every day.

i will have to ban that, funny thing is, dem is the only papers up in my zone cause like wall street journal doh sell in de ghetto.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 29, 2010, 10:49:05 AM »
This article makes a little more sense.

U.S. soccer has a long way to go

POSTED:

June 29, 2010  By Bob Ford

Inquirer Sports Columnist

Giggsy, no offense, but, this article eh makin' much sense, either.  One of the problems with americans is their totally inflated sense of worth in the game of "soccer". They would do well to start looking at the collective individual talent of teams like Ghana and see how a team like that compares to a team like theirs, rather than look at Ghana's world ranking (which is where the fickle mathematics really come in, if yuh arkse me) and use that to be so dismissive of a team like Ghana.  They fail to see that most of these African teams are underachieving in these World Cup tournaments and how their team tends to overachieve accordingly.  I totally respect what the americans bring to the game: fitness, fundamentals and discipline!! They have been beating us and the rest of concacaf from pillar to post with them three things.  But they fail to realize that there are other things to this sport.  There are elements of creativity and artistry that are NOT a part of the american game and as much as the article calls america "....a nation of midfielders..." that creativity and artistry tends to be most evident in midfield play.   I always ask the question, for a nation of 300+ million people, has the usa ever produced (or as they see it, developed) a player the likes of Dwight Yorke or Russel Latapy?  We all know the answer to that question.  If they think it's a fluke that Ghana beat them in successive WC's then they don't have it in them to see what's wrong with their "soccer" and fix it.  

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 29, 2010, 10:55:17 AM »
The new york post is ah forkin tabloid!! plus they have a knack for puttin their foot in their mouth and arse @ the same time! it's nothing new with them to offend minorities or unfamiliar nonamerican ghetto american culture.

i and most black ppl stopped buying the rag.... oh i mean the post, they went too far about ah yr ago with ah real racist front page article, and that was the final straw. next on the chopping block would be the daily news. the post is real bias northern cracker news paper @ best with the daily news not far behind.

Yeah the new york post and daily news have no substance at all in it.. like the sun and the news of the world in the UK..

Maaaaaan lewwe doh even WASTE we energy on de ny post......I does rel shake meh head when I see black people spendin' dey money on dat trash.....rel clueless.....YEARS ago I meas up to 14 - 15 years ago, my union wouldn't even allow people to come on our work site wit dat paper in dey hand. 

woww, well nah boy.. I used to buy that paper every day just to pass time on the train but never knew is all ah dat.. well yuh learn something new every day.

i will have to ban that, funny thing is, dem is the only papers up in my zone cause like wall street journal doh sell in de ghetto.

No scene, dinho, is just that the post and its flirtations with insensitivity and racism been going on fuh a long time now.....I mean, I livin up here rel years now and was peripherally aware of certain things that came up in the news but being in a union, or maybe a certain union, can feed the inner rebel in some of us.  I had stop buyin the post since back then.....to me, the cartoon that personified Obama as a monkey was just something that NO black people in nyc should accept.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 29, 2010, 11:45:22 AM »
I stopped buying the post yrs ago BC i was aware of their right wing ultra conservative view! but then started buying it again, especially if i wanted tuh check out ah flick and didn't want tuh search ah 1000 pages just tuh find ah simple movie time table, plus the post was economical ( as in 25 cents ah pop).

but since the feb 18th 09 issue, i said enough is enough!! next on my list is the daily news, soon dun wid dem too.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 29, 2010, 11:47:37 AM »

So wham, they doh sell the times in the ghetto?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

giggsy11

« Reply #425 on: June 29, 2010, 03:48:46 PM »

POSTED:

Giggsy, no offense, but, this article eh makin' much sense, either.  One of the problems with americans is their totally inflated sense of worth in the game of "soccer". They would do well to start looking at the collective individual talent of teams like Ghana and see how a team like that compares to a team like theirs, rather than look at Ghana's world ranking (which is where the fickle mathematics really come in, if yuh arkse me) and use that to be so dismissive of a team like Ghana.  They fail to see that most of these African teams are underachieving in these World Cup tournaments and how their team tends to overachieve accordingly.  I totally respect what the americans bring to the game: fitness, fundamentals and discipline!! They have been beating us and the rest of concacaf from pillar to post with them three things.  But they fail to realize that there are other things to this sport.  There are elements of creativity and artistry that are NOT a part of the american game and as much as the article calls america "....a nation of midfielders..." that creativity and artistry tends to be most evident in midfield play.   I always ask the question, for a nation of 300+ million people, has the usa ever produced (or as they see it, developed) a player the likes of Dwight Yorke or Russel Latapy?  We all know the answer to that question.  If they think it's a fluke that Ghana beat them in successive WC's then they don't have it in them to see what's wrong with their "soccer" and fix it.  

Actually I thought the article did a good job of focusing on the faulty mind set and shortcomings of the team and those who have been trying to build a team that can complete with the footballing nations. That I felt was unlike other American media who have bleeted the opinion that this American side is better that they showed.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 29, 2010, 10:35:03 PM »
But aye, aye Bakes like yuh take over from Zeppo??   :devil:

Methinks the lady doth presume too much... I was talking about their patronizing comments towards Ghana.

Why... dey does line birdcage with de Blast in Trinidad too?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 29, 2010, 10:41:31 PM »
I stopped buying the post yrs ago BC i was aware of their right wing ultra conservative view! but then started buying it again, especially if i wanted tuh check out ah flick and didn't want tuh search ah 1000 pages just tuh find ah simple movie time table, plus the post was economical ( as in 25 cents ah pop).

but since the feb 18th 09 issue, i said enough is enough!! next on my list is the daily news, soon dun wid dem too.

The last time I read the NY Post was sometime in the late 80s- early 90s.  Back when it was owned by Rupert Murdoch.  Not sure if he still owns it.  Suffice to say Murdoch was the former owner of ManU... and the present owner of Fox... home of Faux News.  The Daily News isn't much better... but unlike Newsday and The Post, the Daily News didn't seem to just be parroting what ownership wanted printed.  Why would I spend good sweet drink money to read what Murdoch telling he people to print?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 30, 2010, 06:05:50 AM »
But aye, aye Bakes like yuh take over from Zeppo??   :devil:

Methinks the lady doth presume too much... I was talking about their patronizing comments towards Ghana.

I was referring to your posting a couple articles since the game, Zeppo would have posted quite a few by now..... :devil:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 30, 2010, 08:24:46 AM »

POSTED:

nice article giggsy.

mango chow, the quote in the article about the americans' "indeterminate style of play" seems to address your point about the "elements of creativity and artistry" absent in the american game.

also, the following suggests a response to your query about the dearth of "soccer stars" produced by the usa:

Those other nations also have the advantage of placing their best athletes on the soccer field. That is not the case in the United States, and a circumstance that doesn't look likely to change any time soon.

an acknowledgement of the low standing soccer has in the american sports pecking order.

i don't know about this part though - ah mean alot of the players that reach the world cup stage showing "brilliance" were groomed at a young age by programs as good or better than the us "national soccer program". maybe those espn montages corrupting perceptions of what kind of training is required to reach this level.

The structured climb up the ziggurat of the national soccer program leads the best young players through elite club teams, youth academies, resident programs, and age-group national teams. That process turns out very sound athletes who are strong on fundamentals and discipline, but can't seem to muster the brilliance in the box of players from those nations whose stars rise from barefoot matches in the street or endless games of pickup in the park.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 08:34:11 AM by ribbit »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 30, 2010, 11:04:03 AM »
I was referring to your posting a couple articles since the game, Zeppo would have posted quite a few by now..... :devil:

Oh yuh mean de articles about the TV ratings? Nah man them only tangentially related to the team, they articles more related to the growth of the sport in the US.

1]; } ?>