March 29, 2024, 05:18:46 AM

Author Topic: Quick question (what wrong with TV6?)  (Read 2919 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Quick question (what wrong with TV6?)
« on: June 26, 2010, 11:12:23 PM »
Mods bear with me, I will delete this soon enough.

I check TV6 schedule on their website and see they was showing their MOTD replay at 11:15 after "Thunderball". I turn on the TV hot and sweaty to see the USA Ghana game only to see Keith Look Loy giving his player of the match opinion on Mensah and then hear the football was going on since 9 something.

I get so vex i steups and turn of the TV.

Did they decide to show over both matches (and that mean i miss the uruguay south korea consolation I could have get?), was the schedule just wrong or Tv6 mad?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Quick question (what wrong with TV6?)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 05:48:19 AM »
The replay started at 8. It was announced during the sports new. Apparently that was a change from the regular schedule.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 06:35:54 AM »
My annoyance with them is of another nature.  You would think they would take the opportunity to do some serious analysis of the games.  For example, yesterday the "expert" in the studio seemed to suggest that the Tevez goal was not offside.  But he didn't explain himself properly and there was no visual reference to the incident so one could not get a good idea of what he was saying.

I remember during the 1990 World Cup the "expert" in the studio did a very good job of explaining the offside rule.  It was from that moment on I FINALY understood the basic premise of "at the time the ball is played..."  Of course, it continues to baffle in other respects but at least I understand that basic.

CNC 3 had (ex?)referee Ramdan on some nights ago and he was able to clear up (well for me anyway) that elbow that the French player got sent off for.  That kind of thing is missing from TV 6's coverage. 
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 07:04:41 AM »
My annoyance with them is of another nature.  You would think they would take the opportunity to do some serious analysis of the games.  For example, yesterday the "expert" in the studio seemed to suggest that the Tevez goal was not offside.  But he didn't explain himself properly and there was no visual reference to the incident so one could not get a good idea of what he was saying.

I remember during the 1990 World Cup the "expert" in the studio did a very good job of explaining the offside rule.  It was from that moment on I FINALY understood the basic premise of "at the time the ball is played..."  Of course, it continues to baffle in other respects but at least I understand that basic.

CNC 3 had (ex?)referee Ramdan on some nights ago and he was able to clear up (well for me anyway) that elbow that the French player got sent off for.  That kind of thing is missing from TV 6's coverage. 
He did a terrible job explaining the offside rule. I wonder what they get paid.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 07:22:01 AM »
CBC coverage was better till they blocked it
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 12:26:11 PM »
Hear ah next thing that vexing mih.....the OBVIOUS biasedness!!  Yesterday Joel Villafana in full Argentina regalia, couldn't even bring himself to condemn the offside....

Today's expert, Peter Granville, is an OBVIOUS Brazil supporter....steups!!  I kinda wish CNC3 was doing this coverage.  Somehow ah feel it would have been more professional....

And I don't want to get started on James "of course" Saunders.....steups!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 06:45:58 PM »
So it was a last minute change. Great...

It was Marlon Morris blatantly offside on the offside rule explanation.

Seems like he was of the opinion that because the goalkeeper was off his line, there was no need to have anyone between the player receiving the ball and the goalposts.

The sad thing is this man was striking for us in 1989. You would think that players of all people would know the rule

And then people does cuss that Stern and Inzaghi born offside...

TV6s professionalism or lack thereof has been shocking though. Analysts and presenters have been blatantly pushing their respective biases, Angus Eve has repeated the word "onliest" more times than the feed's commentator has made snide references to the vuvuzelas since the coverage began, and the choice of fan comments to be read out has been of an alarming triteness (if you assume that those are the best comments submitted).

They tried to deviate from the standard neutral cold analysis format to more of a fanfest type, but it obviously hasn't worked very well.

The only kudos I can give are to Keith Look Loy's whose analyses tend to be quite good; Fenwick has passed his time being disgusted with England's performances, Shabazz and Granville have been majoring in banality. La Foucade has been OKish.

Anyway, thanks for giving me a reason not to delete the thread. The title is still appropriate.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 07:02:53 PM »

Seems like he was of the opinion that because the goalkeeper was off his line, there was no need to have anyone between the player receiving the ball and the goalposts.

The sad thing is this man was striking for us in 1989. You would think that players of all people would know the rule

TV6s professionalism or lack thereof has been shocking though. Analysts and presenters have been blatantly pushing their respective biases, Angus Eve has repeated the word "onliest" more times than the feed's commentator has made snide references to the vuvuzelas since the coverage began, and the choice of fan comments to be read out has been of an alarming triteness (if you assume that those are the best comments submitted).

They tried to deviate from the standard neutral cold analysis format to more of a fanfest type, but it obviously hasn't worked very well.

The only kudos I can give are to Keith Look Loy's whose analyses tend to be quite good; Fenwick has passed his time being disgusted with England's performances, Shabazz and Granville have been majoring in banality. La Foucade has been OKish.

Anyway, thanks for giving me a reason not to delete the thread. The title is still appropriate.
Look Loy is the best by far. I honestly don't have a problem with Angus too much. His analysis is better than his english.

I think Granville, Shabazz and Morris in the twilight zone. Every match they demonstrate their lack of research.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 08:20:09 PM »
I gave up on Angus Eve after this ...." the oniest how .... ah still trying to get over dat !

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 08:45:38 PM »
yeh having being coached by Keith in my youth, i can say he knows his football, tactics, and rules hands down.
Youtube Channel

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 09:30:43 PM »

I think you being a bit harsh.

Not really a big fan of Angus Eve or especially Jamaal Shabaaz in the studio myself but at any rate, when you have to construct a team of presenters from a pool of ex-players/coaches/experts its not easy to find the most articulate of individuals.

Every broadcaster dealing with this. You there complaining about Eve and Granville, in the US people complaining about Lalas with his arrogance and lack of knowledge of the global game.. In the UK people complaining about monotone and sentimental Mick McCarthy's coverage on ITV and I'm sure its the same everywhere else. Its not unique to TV6, footballers and coaches are just that by profession, and to get them to a point of presentability in the studio to match their seasoned journalistic counterparts doesn't happen overnight. You there rankling with Angus Eve and his 'onliest' but how do u feel about dem UK ex players with their 'innit' and 'blimey'?

Agreed on Look Loy though, the man is a breath of fresh air in the studio.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 03:07:58 AM »

I think you being a bit harsh.

Not really a big fan of Angus Eve or especially Jamaal Shabaaz in the studio myself but at any rate, when you have to construct a team of presenters from a pool of ex-players/coaches/experts its not easy to find the most articulate of individuals.

Every broadcaster dealing with this. You there complaining about Eve and Granville, in the US people complaining about Lalas with his arrogance and lack of knowledge of the global game.. In the UK people complaining about monotone and sentimental Mick McCarthy's coverage on ITV and I'm sure its the same everywhere else. Its not unique to TV6, footballers and coaches are just that by profession, and to get them to a point of presentability in the studio to match their seasoned journalistic counterparts doesn't happen overnight. You there rankling with Angus Eve and his 'onliest' but how do u feel about dem UK ex players with their 'innit' and 'blimey'?

Agreed on Look Loy though, the man is a breath of fresh air in the studio.

I suppose you're right. I suppose I don't have a point of comparison; I just usually watch the matches and tune out, with the requisite bathroom breaks at half time when it comes to foreign broadcasts...

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 08:53:14 AM »
Villafana could at least get a original Adidas Argentina kit instead of the imitation he does rock....and a proper jubalani to display, instead of the $75...3 coke caps yellow one they have featured prominently....invest in some good props nah or at least give someone a free advertising spot to give you a few items.

Also having the head coach of Tobago United who side ent win a match consistently in how ever long as yuh commentator real bringing down yuh credibility.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 09:12:53 AM »
Also having the head coach of Tobago United who side ent win a match consistently in how ever long as yuh commentator real bringing down yuh credibility.

exactly !
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>