March 28, 2024, 04:00:21 PM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 51 - Round of 16 - England vs Germany  (Read 35164 times)

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 51 - Round of 16 - England vs Germany
« Reply #270 on: June 27, 2010, 04:58:03 PM »
ah now watching the freeze frame of the ball inside de goal... it interesting to note where the referee is... he right on spot and i think it is unbelievable that he can't spot that from there!

In any case... retribution for 1966 and Crouchasaurus Rex
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

giggsy11

« Reply #271 on: June 27, 2010, 05:26:01 PM »
Prince and he bredda doh look nuttin alike
Yeah daiz a love triangle going on there.

theyre half-brothers.  Different mothers , so partially different genes.  Idk why espn keep saying brothers just to make it dramatic

The Ghana's Boetang's mother must be a better looking woman than the mother of the Germany's Boetang!

giggsy11

« Reply #272 on: June 27, 2010, 05:31:22 PM »
Matt Upson legs skinnier than Peter Crouch; even his head bigger than his legs. No wonder he can't hold off forwards! All yuh aint see Don Fabio celebrating Lampard's strike then theb air went out when he realized no goal. England aint deserve to go thru anyway not when they take such a shit side to the tourny! Shame on them!

giggsy11

« Reply #273 on: June 27, 2010, 05:36:17 PM »
Martin Tyler well thro Upson under the bus, plane, train and automobile-it might take a life time for the tire marks to come off!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 27, 2010, 05:45:35 PM »
I eh go lie for ah lil skinny fellah Klose 'strrrong like bool'

e-man yuh need to put goal no.4 in de babes section

lil skinny fellah? i aint sure u have the right player there  ::)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 27, 2010, 05:50:35 PM »
I eh go lie for ah lil skinny fellah Klose 'strrrong like bool'

e-man yuh need to put goal no.4 in de babes section

klose eh strong, upson weak no arse... ;D

ah feel bad for upson - he doing his AND terry's wuk fuh de whole game; he musbe tired! is good he get to "face" in dat goal and give hengland a reason to smile.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 27, 2010, 05:55:19 PM »
Talent is a measure of individual players. Clearly Germany are a better team but their is no gulf if you sum the individuals. For example so say that the defences are not comparable but Friedrich, Mertesacker and Boateng are not head and shoulders above Cole, Terry and Upson. But they play better together, and based on the first goal they obviously communicate better. Likewise Ozil, Podolski and co are more exciting prospects but the plays they make are no different to what England players do at their clubs or sporadically for England. England just is not a good enough team for the players to make each other better. That is why this England crop usually looks worse in a tournament setting than club and German players are the opposite. Part of it is mentality and the over-dependence on the crossball but they have the talent to do otherwise, they just don't do it.

This is nothing new for England and Germany. Neither of them are Brazil or Argentina in terms of ability but the Germans always outplay the English in the big games (with a few exceptions).

Germany is an excellent tournament team. When those players get into a 2 or 3 week camp you always see a marked improvement on the team that showed up in qualifying. They are more disciplined, more intelligent, more versatile and absorb drills and tactics better than most other players certainly better than England.

I will say it again.  Individually, England may have the edge with Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney.  Outside of that Germany is either even or ahead on the individual talent.  Collectively, the talent of the English team was never on par with that of the German team at this cup.  England just doesn't have the horses... even I as a diehard could admit as much.

Not sure about that Bakes. Klose and Podolski have phenomenal scoring rates at an international level. Then Germany have Swinsteiger who also has a better scoring rate than Lampard or Gerrard and  now a genuine star in Ozil.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 27, 2010, 05:56:32 PM »
Mueller  :beermug: watch for that name
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 27, 2010, 06:36:56 PM »

Not sure about that Bakes. Klose and Podolski have phenomenal scoring rates at an international level. Then Germany have Swinsteiger who also has a better scoring rate than Lampard or Gerrard and  now a genuine star in Ozil.

Observer that's just on the international level though... but if we are to compare overall "talent" by measuring what they do for club and country... or even club alone, I think the difference is clear that Lampard and Gerrard contribute more.  Ozil still rising, while Schweinsteiger suffers from the same domestic malaise as Klose and Podolski (to a lesser degree).  But even so, assuming your take is correct... that just shows how much wider the gap in talent between the two teams today really was.

:-[

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 27, 2010, 07:51:22 PM »
England got what was coming to them. Simply put.

Not sure that it matters much but here's some interesting data:

Rooney
Mins:342
Shots: 13
SOG: 6
Fouls Commited: 4
Passes: 151
Completed Passes: 94

Messi
Mins: 360
Shots: 23
SOG:13
Fouls Commited: 3
Passes: 267
Completed Passes: 196

Messi is 56th overall on the Castrol Index, Rooney is 170th...

ps: Wikipedia was never the definitive reference on anything Bakes, but I have to admit that I'm stumped on your half brother statement. You seem pretty certain about it; can you elaborate?
"A half sibling (half brother or half sister) is a sibling with one shared biological parent. A half sibling that shares the same mother (but different fathers) is known as a uterine sibling, whereas one that shares the same father is known as an agnate sibling. In law, the term consanguine is used in place of agnate. In addition, first cousins who between them have a set of parents who are identical twins, while technically not siblings, are genetically equivalent to half siblings. Half siblings can have a wide variety of interpersonal relationships, from a bond as close as any full siblings, to total strangers.

At law (and especially inheritance law) half siblings were often accorded unequal treatment. Old English common law at one time incorporated inequalities into the laws of intestate succession, with half siblings taking only half as much property of their intestate siblings' estates as other siblings of full-blood. Unequal treatment of this type has been wholly abolished in England and throughout the United States."
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 27, 2010, 07:55:05 PM »
merkel 4 cameron 2;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1fUq5MAU_cA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1fUq5MAU_cA</a>

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 27, 2010, 08:00:52 PM »
England got what was coming to them. Simply put.

Not sure that it matters much but here's some interesting data:

Rooney
Mins:342
Shots: 13
SOG: 6
Fouls Commited: 4
Passes: 151
Completed Passes: 94

Messi
Mins: 360
Shots: 23
SOG:13
Fouls Commited: 3
Passes: 267
Completed Passes: 196

Messi is 56th overall on the Castrol Index, Rooney is 170th...

ps: Wikipedia was never the definitive reference on anything Bakes, but I have to admit that I'm stumped on your half brother statement. You seem pretty certain about it; can you elaborate?
"A half sibling (half brother or half sister) is a sibling with one shared biological parent. A half sibling that shares the same mother (but different fathers) is known as a uterine sibling, whereas one that shares the same father is known as an agnate sibling. In law, the term consanguine is used in place of agnate. In addition, first cousins who between them have a set of parents who are identical twins, while technically not siblings, are genetically equivalent to half siblings. Half siblings can have a wide variety of interpersonal relationships, from a bond as close as any full siblings, to total strangers.

At law (and especially inheritance law) half siblings were often accorded unequal treatment. Old English common law at one time incorporated inequalities into the laws of intestate succession, with half siblings taking only half as much property of their intestate siblings' estates as other siblings of full-blood. Unequal treatment of this type has been wholly abolished in England and throughout the United States."

doh rush de poor chile ... he eh figure out what offside mean yet.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 27, 2010, 08:08:51 PM »

You seriously trying to get into some academic discussion about half siblings dred?  What next, mulattos, quadroons and octaroons or some other archaic bullshit like that?  The law (and especially inheritance law) doesn't even recognize the difference any longer, so I'm not sure what kinda discussion yuh looking for.

ribbit... and you still ent figure how tuh extract yuh head from yuh asshole... so ah guess that makes us about even.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 27, 2010, 08:45:04 PM »
merkel 4 cameron 2;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1fUq5MAU_cA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1fUq5MAU_cA</a>

thats a your my bitch smile  :D
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 27, 2010, 08:54:53 PM »
merkel 4 cameron 2;D

thats a your my bitch smile  :D

What's new? The Germans have owned England for centries now!!
The Royal family are bloody Germans and the dumb English doh even realise who is really in charge of their affairs!  :D
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 27, 2010, 09:25:46 PM »
Interesting analysis on FSC now.

Basically, they are saying that first 2 goals came as a result of Terry going out of position, leaving space in the middle of the park.  Upson pay the price for the first one and Johnson for the 2nd. But it was Terry who mess up the D
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 27, 2010, 09:47:05 PM »

Basically, they are saying that first 2 goals came as a result of Terry going out of position, leaving space in the middle of the park.  Upson pay the price for the first one and Johnson for the 2nd. But it was Terry who mess up the D

true, i saw a center back run up and leave a gap, but i didn't know it was that goat terry
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 27, 2010, 09:51:43 PM »

Yep. Captain Kakahole strikes again. Bet yuh he doh admit dah was he fault doh.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 27, 2010, 09:55:42 PM »

Small Mag run and bawl that Glen Johnson is a waste and ah next man agree with him... yet Johnson had nothing to do with any of them goals being scored, aside from the fact that he was pressing up on the breakaway goals, and on the fourth one he tracked back hard and had to pull up from running into the attacking German player near the top of the box.  The ball was then crossed to Muller for the finishing goal.

I'm not sure what else Johnson was supposed to do to prevent the defense getting undressed thru the middle between Upson and Terry.  But I will readily admit my bias where Johnson is concerned because I'm a fan of his game... conceding that he could be more of a shut down RB.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #289 on: June 28, 2010, 02:44:07 PM »

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 02:51:37 PM by E-man »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 28, 2010, 03:38:48 PM »
Now getting to put a 2 cents.. Lets talk about this England side in the context of their supposed status as a World Cup contender.

Since the England v Algeria game I watching this England side good and telling myself that I really underestimated the power of hype. Every single Algerian player was trapping, controlling and running with the football with more heart, purpose and confidence than these multi-million dollar bunch of EPL stars. I start to wonder if its the Sky HD TV footage or modern technology camera work that does have these men looking like superstars every sunday, because there is no other explanation how a comparative bake like Hassan Yebda or Nadir Belhadj could look so much better than Lampard and Glen Johnson in respective positions.

I was wondering how to describe the English brand of football and I finally decided on Pass the buck brand. If you look carefully at how they play, it is very, very predictable. When an english player gets the ball, he will immediately look up and pass to the nearest and easiest option in the vicinity. Lampard is king of this, as soon as you rush him he will just give up the ball to who ever closest. When you look at other teams, a player under pressure would on occassion try to beat his man or turn back in space/buy time to open up other options. But English players look for the quickest avenue to get rid of the ball. This equals no creativity and no inventiveness and an easy proposition for the opposition because they have much less to think about when deciding whether or not to commit to a challenge.

And lets call a spade a spade, Rooney was a waste of time this world cup. Forget all this opta stats and wikipedia and goals comparison and focus on his play during the tournament. His decision making was poor, his passing was off, his trapping the ball was horrendous. Confidence and form is a hell of a thing, and how it could make him look like a completely different player to the one that was ripping teams in Europe, its unfortunate it had to happen at the World Cup. I was shocked Capello didnt sub him in the last game instead of Defoe seeing as he is a man that has a reputation for respecting performances and not names.

As for the rest of them.. Ashley Cole is the only one for me to emerge with credibility. This tournament just showed that Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard are overhyped to the max. Glen Johnson needs to learn to defend and not to panic.. Terry seem to be heading for a decline phase.. Barry was fairly basic, nutten real special.. Milner try.. he really try but he is also fairly average in comparison to world class players you would hope could win you a tournament.. and as for the rest, when you want to hinge your hopes on man like Heskey, Ledley King and any of 3 keepers that play for bottom clubs with no European experience yuh really cant be serious..

Laterz England... next!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 28, 2010, 03:56:40 PM »
England's overall team speed is too slow.
Their fastest players, Lennon and SWP used the ball terribly when given an opportunity.

So it was either too slow, or too dunce. They gone exactly where they were supposed to go...home.
No skill in the midfield. They have grafters who shoot well and are good at scoring for their respective EPL teams, but horrible at creating opportunities for others. They also weren't very good at winning the ball back. Yuh could see why Beckham still used to make dis squad.

We can finally put the, "Can Lampard and Gerrard play together?" question to rest.  No, they can't

Crouch coulda get a bly.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 28, 2010, 04:03:00 PM »
England's overall team speed is too slow.
Their fastest players, Lennon and SWP used the ball terribly when given an opportunity.

So it was either too slow, or too dunce. They gone exactly where they were supposed to go...home.
No skill in the midfield. They have grafters who shoot well and are good at scoring for their respective EPL teams, but horrible at creating opportunities for others. They also weren't very good at winning the ball back. Yuh could see why Beckham still used to make dis squad.

We can finally put the, "Can Lampard and Gerrard play together?" question to rest.  No, they can't

Crouch coulda get a bly.

Who on that England team look like they could play together  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 29, 2010, 12:43:37 PM »
Roy Keane on England

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8773716.stm

Yeah....Keane say players get away with murder and need to look at demselves

Like cussin de coach, runnin to de media and sayin he eh good, and abandonin yuh team prior to yuh fuss World Cup match.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 29, 2010, 01:26:19 PM »
Roy Keane on England

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8773716.stm

Yeah....Keane say players get away with murder and need to look at demselves

Like cussin de coach, runnin to de media and sayin he eh good, and abandonin yuh team prior to yuh fuss World Cup match.

ent! Now he is a manager himself he seeing fuss hand how difficult the job is to manage players, and create an effective team. especially with players who by and large are pampered, spoiled and out of form.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 29, 2010, 05:05:26 PM »
Holy Shit! Allyuh watch this Capello is a lunatic.
The man real bully Stuart Pierce on the bench  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RHqxrszXYM

Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 29, 2010, 05:18:31 PM »

Is only once Pearce get bully.

LOL!

Sit down!

Pearce run and sit down.

Did you get up before? Yes?  Get to fork back up den!

hahahahahahahahaha!!!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #298 on: June 29, 2010, 05:27:14 PM »

oh god that's funny  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

1]; } ?>