March 28, 2024, 06:34:21 PM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 51 - Round of 16 - England vs Germany  (Read 35168 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: WC 2010 - Match 51 - Round of 16 - England vs Germany
« Reply #240 on: June 27, 2010, 11:15:24 AM »
Allyuh should really take a few mins to read some of the comments from English fans under this

artice..http://www.skysports.com/football/world-cup-2010/match-report/0,28360,12097_3287499,00.html
Fair assessments.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 27, 2010, 11:18:08 AM »
Allyuh should really take a few mins to read some of the comments from English fans under this

artice..http://www.skysports.com/football/world-cup-2010/match-report/0,28360,12097_3287499,00.html
Fair assessments.

fuh real. clearly these fans understand the game of football, not like the usa fans who were talkin a pack ah nonsense yesterday
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #242 on: June 27, 2010, 11:23:15 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TUb5J2mZve4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TUb5J2mZve4</a>

E-man is just for kicks eh.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 11:25:54 AM by Jah Gol »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #243 on: June 27, 2010, 11:26:39 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4v9tF0B8H9E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4v9tF0B8H9E</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 27, 2010, 11:27:26 AM »

Interesting- If that is the general sentiment of the English fans I can respect it because it's realistic and it takes responsibility.  If it were the U.S. who had that goal disallowed, I have a feeling that the focus would have been different.  We'd be flooded with articles, commentary, video segments and overhyped media material showing the disallowed goal, and crying about how the U.S. were robbed....don't mean to hijack the thread, but the difference between how McManaman responded to the disallowed goal, and how Lalas and crew responded to theirs spoke volumes in my opinion.  

I agree with this comment the most:

Jimmy Smith (Arsenal fan) says...

"The problem is that we do not have world class footballers, what we have are footballers who play with world class (foreign) teamates and are made to look better than what they really are. You only have to look at Gerrard's performance since Alonso left Liverpool. We need to start again. We also need someone who can make the best of what we have: Harry Redknapp"
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #245 on: June 27, 2010, 11:29:41 AM »
Something wrong with your comprehension or what?  The point isn't to compare Rooney to Messi but to show that the simple fact that Rooney hasn't scored doesn't mean that he's had a disastrous WC.  This has become a long drawn out discussion because you chose to make it one.  Man making light sarcastic comments about Rooney not scoring and I responded in kind about Messi not scoring.  The fact remains that even if we are to concede that some of Rooney's struggles are attributable to poor form, a lot has to do with the collective struggles of the team.  This is where the comparison comes in... is Argentina clicking BECAUSE of Messi or are they clicking IN SPITE of his lack of goals?  I say they have enough talent to compensate for the fact that he hasn't gotten in on the score sheet.  I also say that he's playing a big part in their success b/c whatever they're getting from him is supplemented by the activity of his teammates.  This cannot be said for Rooney, so whatever little he's giving England, the deficit seems amplified by the fact that nothing is coming of his efforts.  You putting that failure on him, I'm saying that much of it goes to his teammates as well.

Individual talent goes only but so far, and this England team has been so abyssmal this Cup that no one player was going to carry that squad.  But then again, you's the man arguing that England and Germany have equal talent... so maybe we juss seeing things differently where that team is concerned.  If they have as much talent as you believe they do then no wonder you putting so much blame on Rooney for not pulling his weight, as you see it.

I also don't prescribe to the goals as a complete measure of contribution. Rooney has had a disastrous WC because his overall play has been bad. The lack of goals, goalscoring chances created and even quality passes is a symptom  of his poor play. Calling out Rooney for poor play is not the same as putting all the blame on him. I would like to see where that was done. If you want to say that Rooney score no goals but the whole team bad, that's fine but any comparison to Messi is misplaced because Messi's play has not been bad. Unless the point you trying to make is that a player in fine form could have 0 goals just as a player in wretched form could have 0 goals but that probably was not your point.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 27, 2010, 11:32:43 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TUb5J2mZve4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TUb5J2mZve4</a>

I was waiting for this to come out... Fegelein! Fegelein!!   :rotfl: :rotfl:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 27, 2010, 11:34:29 AM »
World Cup 2010: Fabio Capello points to disallowed goal

Coach Fabio Capello said the referee's decision to rule out England's second 'goal' was the turning point during the 4-1 defeat by Germany at the World Cup.

This is the thing about that disallowed goal.  Everybody supporting the English will use it as an excuse for the cut arse dey get.  Explain to me how, at 2 - 1 down and the English pushing forward made them "vulnerable" at the back??  You are a goal down in a must win game so what was the team to do??  

If the goal had counted and it was 2 - 2 in a must win game, would England STILL not have to push forward??  Wouldn't they STILL have been "vulnerable" at the back??

I don't like this disallowed goal dotishness and it eh look like FIFA have any plan to fix it but puhlease English supporters, disallowed goal or no disallowed goal, England were beaten by the better side....wheel and come again....

No they wouldn't.   Come on youself.  England was selling out in the second half to get even because the longer they went thru the game trailing the less likely they would have been to equalize.  They were playing a younger, more potent German team.  If the score remained 2-1 as the game got longer and English legs got wearier then there was no way they were coming back to tie Germany.  They had to go for broke early and by pushing Gerrard and Lampard even further forward, and encouraging Cole and Johnson to attack as they did that left the wings open to the counter and left Terry and Upson (already compromised) even more exposed.

They had absolutely no choice but to gamble and get back in the game.  I don't mind people saying Germany would have eventually won, but let's not fool ourselves with this nonsense argument that the disallowed goal made no difference.  2-2 and you play for the draw if necessary, and take your chances on penalty kicks.

Bakes, ah just doh want English supporters to latch on to the disallowed goal as THE reason for their team's loss.  From Airman's post (if this is the general sentiment) it seems as though the fans realise they were beaten by the better side and aren't weeping and wailing over it....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 27, 2010, 11:40:04 AM »

Fair assessments.

fuh real. clearly these fans understand the game of football, not like the usa fans who were talkin a pack ah nonsense yesterday

Yuh expected anything else from US fans??  Dem know bout "Soccer" not football.... ::) ::)
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

AirMan

« Reply #249 on: June 27, 2010, 11:42:41 AM »

Fair assessments.

Yuh expected anything else from US fans??  Dem know bout "Soccer" not football.... ::) ::)

but we know about "football" and not "soocer" so how come we not better than them ?..I really hope allyuh not getting carried away by thinking  american fans dont know football simply because they call it soccer..
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 11:45:08 AM by AirMan »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 27, 2010, 11:44:33 AM »
Its end of shit football in the tournament and ARROGANT teams....one think they good enough to win the whole thing, the next one always feel they entitled.....steups!!!

THANK YOU GERMANY AND GHANA!!!  

AH LOVE IT!!!.....
So leh meh ask yuh dis.  who the fack does enter ah tourney without any expectations of winnin? oh .. ah forget TNT does. they love makin guest appearances.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 27, 2010, 11:57:06 AM »
Its end of shit football in the tournament and ARROGANT teams....one think they good enough to win the whole thing, the next one always feel they entitled.....steups!!!

THANK YOU GERMANY AND GHANA!!!  

AH LOVE IT!!!.....
So leh meh ask yuh dis.  who the fack does enter ah tourney without any expectations of winnin? oh .. ah forget TNT does. they love makin guest appearances.

GERMANY AND GHANA in dey pwefen!!   Four years from now, I'll probably be singing the same tune.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 27, 2010, 12:05:16 PM »
I also don't prescribe to the goals as a complete measure of contribution. Rooney has had a disastrous WC because his overall play has been bad. The lack of goals, goalscoring chances created and even quality passes is a symptom  of his poor play. Calling out Rooney for poor play is not the same as putting all the blame on him. I would like to see where that was done. If you want to say that Rooney score no goals but the whole team bad, that's fine but any comparison to Messi is misplaced because Messi's play has not been bad. Unless the point you trying to make is that a player in fine form could have 0 goals just as a player in wretched form could have 0 goals but that probably was not your point.

My point wasn't that Rooney is in fine form, but rather that his form hasn't been as poor... or "piss poor" as you and others are making it seem.  There has been a lot of negative focus on Rooney this World Cup for his lack of scoring, and it has been posited as being symptomatic of what ails the English team.  Maybe that's not putting all the blame at his feet, but that is how I've interpreted it.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 27, 2010, 12:08:59 PM »
All you could do is come up with some school yard come back. I still know more than you about soccer. Don't need to parrot a commentator.

Or you was talking about the goal being disallowed, my bad. See that I have balls big enough to say I wrong.

Anyone who know anything about football know that even if the 2nd goal was allowed that eh affecting the Germans, they knew the game was theirs to lose from the minute they started playing.

Like I say, you reach yuh level... if that goal had been properly awarded it would have been a totally different game.  Germany ent outplay England the way allyuh making it seem, England created just as many opportunities... the difference has been those two breakaway goals which likely would never have happened if England wasn't gambling to get even by leaving themselves vulnerable to the break.

Dude not everyone has a soft psyche like you. Not everyone that fragile. The first thing a coach will talk about is that goals will score you should expect that, however within that you would stay calm, can't let that rile you up. You seem to think that these are RC school boys out there.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 27, 2010, 12:09:14 PM »
Prince and he bredda doh look nuttin alike
Yeah daiz a love triangle going on there.

theyre half-brothers.  Different mothers , so partially different genes.  Idk why espn keep saying brothers just to make it dramatic

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 27, 2010, 12:15:53 PM »
Thank you Germany, I absolutely love your team even more now for embarassing England like this!!  :-*
A 4 - 1 beating & it could have easily been 6 - 1 if it wasn't for some great keeping by Engalnd's man of the match!  :beermug:

"Revenge Of MOKO" is ah serious thing, those of you who didn't believe me about Moko not laughing now are you?!  ;D

Go home England go home!!   :beermug: :D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 12:18:55 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 27, 2010, 12:16:07 PM »
Dude not everyone has a soft psyche like you. Not everyone that fragile. The first thing a coach will talk about is that goals will score you should expect that, however within that you would stay calm, can't let that rile you up. You seem to think that these are RC school boys out there.

WTF are you carrying on about??

theyre half-brothers.  Different mothers , so partially different genes.  Idk why espn keep saying brothers just to make it dramatic

Maybe b/c there's no such thing as "half" brothers... either they are brothers or they're not.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 27, 2010, 12:20:28 PM »
Those who arguing about the 2-2 all that mean is the game on againg. When the score was 0-0 who would you have thought would have scored first?

This is a KnOCK-OUT game. 2-2 is not as devastating as 2-1. A 2-1 score puts much more pressure on both teams than 2-2. A 2-2 score means that everything is even and both teams can reset their strategy. Whether you win 5-0 or 1-0 on has bearings on winning, no consideration on how it will affect you in a bracket or anything.

2-2 is a score that is much better to deal with than a 2-1 from both team perspective.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 27, 2010, 12:21:47 PM »
And one more thing Bakes don't question me on my knowledge of the game and you don't even know the Offside rule.

Offline Trinione

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 27, 2010, 12:22:34 PM »
Thank you Germany, I absolutely love your team even more now for embarassing England like this!!  :-*
A 4 - 1 beating & it could have easily been 6 - 1 if it wasn't for some great keeping by Engalnd's man of the match!  :beermug:

"Revenge Of MOKO" is ah serious thing, those of you who didn't believe me about Moko not laughing now are you?!  ;D

Go home England go home!!   :beermug: :D

AMEN

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 27, 2010, 12:23:39 PM »

Ah love it!!!
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 27, 2010, 12:37:35 PM »
The English FA has to go back to the drawing board to save English football. It won't be long before we start seeing foreign quotas or English born quotas for the EPL sides. The English team rides the coat tails and prestige of the EPL, but honestly they are not developing English talent. I read an article where Capello said less than 40% of the EPL talent is available to him to choose from.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #262 on: June 27, 2010, 12:50:58 PM »
The English FA has to go back to the drawing board to save English football. It won't be long before we start seeing foreign quotas or English born quotas for the EPL sides. The English team rides the coat tails and prestige of the EPL, but honestly they are not developing English talent. I read an article where Capello said less than 40% of the EPL talent is available to him to choose from.
They managed only 1 point against Uzbekistan in the U20 World Cup last year. Ghana , who went on to become Champions beat them 4-0.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 27, 2010, 12:52:00 PM »

If the EPL wants to retain its position as the best or one of the best leagues in the world then unfortunately decreasing the quotas on foreign born players will not help the league in that regard!

Lets see what they do!  :-\

We have the same predicament in T&T with regards to increasing the quality of football in our local PFL!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 12:53:42 PM by Socapro »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 27, 2010, 12:58:48 PM »
Luv 2 read a game thread when u eh c d game. LONG STORY SHORT LONDON BRIDGE CAME TUMBLING DOWN.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 27, 2010, 01:25:03 PM »

Interesting- If that is the general sentiment of the English fans I can respect it because it's realistic and it takes responsibility.  If it were the U.S. who had that goal disallowed, I have a feeling that the focus would have been different.  We'd be flooded with articles, commentary, video segments and overhyped media material showing the disallowed goal, and crying about how the U.S. were robbed....don't mean to hijack the thread, but the difference between how McManaman responded to the disallowed goal, and how Lalas and crew responded to theirs spoke volumes in my opinion.  

I agree with this comment the most:

Jimmy Smith (Arsenal fan) says...

"The problem is that we do not have world class footballers, what we have are footballers who play with world class (foreign) teamates and are made to look better than what they really are. You only have to look at Gerrard's performance since Alonso left Liverpool. We need to start again. We also need someone who can make the best of what we have: Harry Redknapp"

Volumes indeed, others need to take note
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 27, 2010, 03:04:14 PM »
I eh go lie for ah lil skinny fellah Klose 'strrrong like bool'

e-man yuh need to put goal no.4 in de babes section
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 27, 2010, 03:13:01 PM »
Whatever to Sukuta-Pasu (probably wrong on the spelling) ah black fella played for Germany last WC??

Edit:

Ah he was on the U-20 team...my bad....
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 03:17:12 PM by Brownsugar »
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 27, 2010, 03:44:08 PM »
Anyone who knows anything about football know that England are overrated. They have won 1 major tournament when they played all their games at Wembley (the only host national to ever play all their games at the venue). Its all hype. The EPL is not not a barometer of english football, as most of the top players and coaches are not english.

Come on Ghana!

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #269 on: June 27, 2010, 04:56:27 PM »
I eh go lie for ah lil skinny fellah Klose 'strrrong like bool'

e-man yuh need to put goal no.4 in de babes section

klose eh strong, upson weak no arse... ;D

1]; } ?>