March 28, 2024, 12:41:50 PM

Author Topic: Biggest Disappointment?  (Read 25369 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Biggest Disappointment?
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2010, 08:36:56 PM »
Rooney have to make everybody list... as much as I still maintain not all of it is his fault.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2010, 09:00:55 PM »
De poster wasn't specific in the title so you could just about put any disappointment that you know of or experience, anything that comes to mind for eg; sports, politics, personal situations and the list could go on and on....

Is that so?   ???

So why after the title Biggest Disappointment? did he specify this in his post?

So which player in your opinion has been the biggest disappointment?

I know who mine is, and was it expect or unexpected?

oh shi* ! by bad, correct is right, but, what i was simply referring to is that the headliner is misleading

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 12:29:27 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2010, 02:54:12 PM »
CRY BABY RONALDO!  :'( :'( :'(

Rooney a close second.

Blessing
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

giggsy11

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2010, 07:26:37 PM »
I think in order to be disappointed you have to have expectations-

So I expected Rooney to play better whether Englan shitty or not!His failure to elevate his play was disappointing.
I am disappointed by the poor officiating!

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2010, 07:40:54 PM »
I knew Rooney would flop all the hype about he’s the best in the world big shit snake 
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2010, 10:36:09 AM »

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2010, 11:24:28 AM »
I see Mango Chow , D.H.W and Brownsuga reading this thread title and wiping tears with the American flag  :D  ...

I went through the trouble of engaging you on another thread to come over here and come to a realization....ah hadda gih yuh yuh credit, though.  Yuh ketch meh.  I dint realize what a jackass yuh was on jackass talk until now. 

I know now that Brazil loss and on their way home yuh panties get tied in a knot..doh get tie up

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2010, 11:27:49 AM »
I see Mango Chow , D.H.W and Brownsuga reading this thread title and wiping tears with the American flag  :D  ...

I went through the trouble of engaging you on another thread to come over here and come to a realization....ah hadda gih yuh yuh credit, though.  Yuh ketch meh.  I dint realize what a jackass yuh was on jackass talk until now. 

I know now that Brazil loss and on their way home yuh panties get tied in a knot..doh get tie up

Oh lawd....ah nex one dat like to fantasize about men in panty.  Allyuh must come in pairs.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

giggsy11

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2010, 12:08:56 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2010, 01:24:17 PM »
Engerland Number 10

France Number 12, 11, 10, 9, ah could go on, but yuh get de drift...

BP, fuh what dey do to de Gulf of Mexico... (oops keep it on de football 11, keep it on de football...)

Portugal Number 7

Nigeria, for flattering to deceive fuh so long...

Eto'o...

The lis' is endless... and it ends with FIFA who are continually FOOLING INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL AUDIENCES...
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2010, 01:32:43 PM »
Torres might get on the list if he dont get his act together.  One set of soft man in this generation Jed  >:(

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2010, 11:14:58 AM »
Torres might get on the list if he dont get his act together.  One set of soft man in this generation Jed  >:(

ent Babalawo... no heart... not even one moment of brilliance...

poor conduct...
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2010, 11:21:14 AM »

he is the coach's pet...pedro should be starting as he is in much better form...what making it worse for torres is that villa getting ALL the headlines and he might win the golden boot

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2010, 06:43:28 AM »
everybody saying rooney but in truth and fact in terms of player disappointment it has to be messi "the best player in the world." in my opinion he over rated he needs xavi and iniesta so is better he did say he was spanish.

giggsy11

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2010, 07:43:53 AM »
everybody saying rooney but in truth and fact in terms of player disappointment it has to be messi "the best player in the world." in my opinion he over rated he needs xavi and iniesta so is better he did say he was spanish.

I think the difference with Messi's play and Rooney's is that at least Messi created goals and chances for his teamates whereas Rooney did not score or even create. He was a non factor! I think Messi's issues had more to do with the system, team and Mardona's lack of ability as a manager of the game!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 07:49:18 AM by giggsy11 »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2010, 11:33:30 AM »
If you could really say Messi overrated, you should stop watchin football.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2010, 01:38:02 PM »

he is good doh get me wrong eh but not as good or great as some ppl have him down this is in my opinion.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 05:15:10 PM by Tallman »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2010, 06:28:21 PM »

he is good doh get me wrong eh but not as good or great as some ppl have him down this is in my opinion.

well, boy....that is some crazy  opinion! Messi is all what people have him down to be and then some.  Not because his success with Argentina (in the World Cup) is limited that it makes him a failure.  We as fans, have a tendency to look at a person's individual successes on a team sport as a way of measuring their own successes or failures.  That should really only apply when said individual had a major hand in seeing their team's successes through.  Messi has won an U-20 WC and an Olympic gold medal where on both occasions he was the focal point of their successes. Johan Cruyff is regarded as one of the greatest players to have ever played this game.  What did he "win" with holland?  What did Eusebio ever "win" with portugal? Baggio hardy ever "won" anything with Italy.  None of them ever "won" anything with their national teams....but when you looked at them play, you would be foolish to deny their greatness, even if they by themselves could not get it done all by themselves.   People that are quick to hate on Messi, for whatever reason, really need to pay attention to what this boy can do with a ball.  He has his weaknesses, I'm sure.  Everyone does. But there's no denying his talent......or people need to stop watchin' football. (sorry Palos). SMDH.     

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2010, 04:24:10 PM »

I think the difference with Messi's play and Rooney's is that at least Messi created goals and chances for his teamates whereas Rooney did not score or even create. He was a non factor! I think Messi's issues had more to do with the system, team and Mardona's lack of ability as a manager of the game!

Messi is a very good player but I don't think the system prevented him from scoring. He just didn't score.

30 Shots, 15 On Target.

Sounds like the system wasn't the problem (attacking wise that is)

He still a good player but Argentina expect more of him and he just aint deliver. He had a decent tournament though.
But not on the level of Pele, Rivaldo, Ronaldo (the real one), Diego M, Platini, etc etc.
He aint there for his country like the greats have been when needed.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2010, 04:29:48 PM »
Co-sign. But I've been saying it all season. Ppl getting tie up by his club performances, which are indeed spectacular, but are a product of playing with outstanding teammates in a terrific system.

He is excellent at what he does, but best in the world? eh....
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2010, 04:32:42 PM »
People need to relax on this "Messi did not deliver" crap.  The strengths of an attacking midfielder extend well beyond being able to score, prior to the Germany game he created many chances for others and the team won, that's all that mattered, they progressed and reached the qtrs.  Then came Germany who successfully stifled the Argentine midfield which glamorous but clueless Maradona did not realize he needed to "liberate" for Messi to be effective.  At Barca, he is able to do this b/c of Xavi and Iniesta primarily creating loads of space allowing him to take on defenders at will and create and score chances.  This was absent from the Germany game not b/c he is incapable but b/c he is one man who was stifled by his coach's novice.  Messi is 23, he'll be back for 2014 and potentially 2018 for sure.
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

giggsy11

« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2010, 04:46:38 PM »
Messi was the one star who still got the ooohs and aaahs with his play during the World Cup-can you say that about any of the others? That would be no.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2010, 06:37:22 PM »
For me it was Kaka. I thought he woulda been ripping up the nets but he failed to score one goal.
Messi of course.
Dos Santos also disappointed me. He has potential to be excellent.
I didn't expect Christiano to do shyte so he eh really disappoint me.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2010, 07:00:16 AM »
wha bout torres?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2010, 10:06:13 AM »
wha bout torres?

He still has a chance to redeem himself today in the game Germany!

If Spain lose & he doh turn up then yuh could officially add him to the list right after the game!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2010, 11:30:58 AM »
The winning team's goal total.
5 teams scored more than Spain this WC.
8 is the lowest goal total for a WC winner ever.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:32:56 AM by Peong »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2010, 12:50:30 PM »
The winning team's goal total.
5 teams scored more than Spain this WC.
8 is the lowest goal total for a WC winner ever.

kinda shocking when yuh consider it had tournaments where teams play only 5 and 6 games total
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2010, 10:58:50 AM »
Messi played better than Maradona did in 1982 at roughly the same age, with an Argentina that were defending champions. Messi was very much involved, far more creative and quite frankly very unlucky not to score.
What he did do better than Torres, Rooney, Lampard, Ronaldo, etc was able take himself out of being the main focus of the team (or wanting to be the main focus) and allow his team mates to operate off him. In short Messi makes players around him better, something the others failed by miles.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>