April 25, 2024, 03:04:04 PM

Author Topic: Brazil Trivia  (Read 6308 times)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Brazil Trivia
« on: June 28, 2010, 07:18:57 PM »
Gimme the players who bore the #10 for Brazil in the present and past world cups. I will go back to 1970.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brazil Trivia
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 07:46:31 PM »
2010 - Kaka
2006 - Ronaldinho
2002 - Rivaldo
1998 - Rivaldo
1994 - Rai
1990 - Silas
1986 - Zico
1982 - Zico
1978 - Rivelino
1974 - Rivelino
1970 - Pele
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 07:48:37 PM »
Yuh look all ah dat up in 28 mins Tallman, yuh eh easy  :devil:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 08:03:18 PM »
Yuh look all ah dat up in 28 mins Tallman, yuh eh easy  :devil:

He didn't have to look it up!

That info was already in his data banks, he just had to retrieve it!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 08:17:32 PM »
Brazil have a poor record in world cups when they are favourites ....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 09:04:24 PM »

What WC Brazil eh favorites?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 09:13:07 PM »

lol  :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 10:16:52 PM »
Pele in 1966

playing briefly against Hungary (lost 1:3)

practicing as backup keeper

AirMan

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 01:04:04 AM »

I believe in the beginning of this WC Spain were favourites. Who were favourites at the beginning of the 1990 World Cup ?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 01:07:01 AM »

I believe in the beginning of this WC Spain were favourites. Who were favourites at the beginning of the 1990 World Cup ?

I also recall them hyping up England as one of the favourites as well!  ::)
Doh believe the hype, them folks just want to make easy money from all them gamblers!!
When last did Spain even get to the final four of a World Cup?   ???
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:12:55 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

AirMan

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 01:12:32 AM »

Doh believe the hype, them folks just want to make easy money from all them gamblers!! When last did Spain even make the final of a World Cup?  ::)

your not thinking. Spain not making to the final of a WC has least effect to do with why there were favourites. Did you mind checking Spain record for the last three years and their successful Euro title championship. how about the fact they were rank number #1 in the world for a long time . Nothing wrong with being a big Brazil fan but dont let it cloud your judgement
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:14:23 AM by AirMan »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 01:18:34 AM »

Doh believe the hype, them folks just want to make easy money from all them gamblers!! When last did Spain even make the final of a World Cup?  ::)

your not thinking. Spain not making to the final of a WC has least effect to do with why there were favourites. Did you mind checking Spain record for the last three years and their successful Euro title championship. how about the fact they were rank number #1 in the world for a long time . Nothing wrong with being a big Brazil fan but dont let it cloud your judgement

I can assure you right now that Spain will not make the final four as usual! Want to bet?  8)

AirMan

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 01:22:37 AM »

I can assure you right now that Spain will not make the final four as usual! Want to bet?  8)

maybe you want to explain your previous statements of "hype" and the obvious fact that you dont know why teams are labelled favourites prior to a WC before making bets ?  :D

why you dont bet that Brazil will win this WC ? ..is it too much of  a risk ? .. :devil:

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 06:17:09 AM »
2010 - Kaka
2006 - Ronaldinho
2002 - Rivaldo
1998 - Rivaldo
1994 - Rai
1990 - Silas
1986 - Zico
1982 - Zico
1978 - Rivelino
1974 - Rivelino
1970 - Pele

Ah forget to debar Tallman from d question, i knew all but 1990. Good job  :beermug:
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 07:21:04 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Brazil could struggle in the qualifiers and still start the WC as favourites.  Rai was the worse Brazilian #10 in a WC.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 07:22:59 AM »
2010 - Kaka
2006 - Ronaldinho
2002 - Rivaldo
1998 - Rivaldo
1994 - Rai
1990 - Silas
1986 - Zico
1982 - Zico
1978 - Rivelino
1974 - Rivelino
1970 - Pele

Ah forget to debar Tallman from d question, i knew all but 1990. Good job  :beermug:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Brazil could struggle in the qualifiers and still start the WC as favourites.  Rai was the worse Brazilian #10 in a WC.

I now goin and post dat NO LIE. D man loose he spot and make Dunga lift d Cup.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 08:20:40 AM »
Who de ass is Silas? No wonder I only remember Careca from that 90 side if a man named Silas was they big player...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 09:01:50 AM »
silas was decent..i think he was also in the 86 world cup squad but did not play..not sure. he was suppose to be a big star after mashing up ah under world cup but he never made it real big.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 09:17:58 AM »
Who de ass is Silas? No wonder I only remember Careca from that 90 side if a man named Silas was they big player...

They name him after Silas Spann!!!!!!   :devil:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 09:22:17 AM by Deeks »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 11:12:12 AM »

maybe you want to explain your previous statements of "hype" and the obvious fact that you dont know why teams are labelled favourites prior to a WC before making bets ?  :D

why you dont bet that Brazil will win this WC ? ..is it too much of  a risk ? .. :devil:

I can bet you Brazil WILL make the final & most likely will lift the cup if they do!

But I can also bet you that Spain WILL NOT make the final!

Bet yuh don't want to take this bet if yuh smart!  :devil:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:15:27 AM by Socapro »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 12:05:49 PM »

They name him after Silas Spann!!!!!!   :devil:

:rotfl:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 04:38:31 PM »

Silas was not their big player.  He was a no.10 who sat on the bench...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 08:43:13 PM »

Silas was not their big player.  He was a no.10 who sat on the bench...

yeah he had 3 corbeau sweat...the creative guy in that midfield was valdo, no wonder they got knocked out early.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 08:46:13 PM by Nightmare »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 09:03:57 AM »
yeah I remember Valdo.
I didn't know Brazil is give way the number 10 shirt so cheaply though. I thought u had to earn it.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 09:18:16 PM »

yeah he had 3 corbeau sweat...the creative guy in that midfield was valdo, no wonder they got knocked out early.

Valdo actually had a good cup.  Against Argentina he was near perfect...but Brazil couldn't find the net...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 06:19:23 AM »

Valdo actually had a good cup.  Against Argentina he was near perfect...but Brazil couldn't find the net...

i agree, they dominated 89 minutes and 30 seconds in that game but maradona and caniggia dominated the 30
seconds that matter.

AirMan

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010, 08:17:13 AM »

I can bet you Brazil WILL make the final & most likely will lift the cup if they do!

I dont care about Spain enough to bet but I could see yuh love Brazil enough to try and argue the reson why Spain should not be favourites although yuh cant even bring a good argument. Last two responses I ask you to determine what makes a team favourites instea dyuh want to bet  :D Look at it this way , the same way Brazil was favourites last World Cup and did not win the cup is the same way they were not favourites this world cup and still will not win the cup  :rotfl:..yuh will be crying long tears when they get knock out

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 04:40:54 AM »

I dont care about Spain enough to bet but I could see yuh love Brazil enough to try and argue the reson why Spain should not be favourites although yuh cant even bring a good argument. Last two responses I ask you to determine what makes a team favourites instea dyuh want to bet  :D Look at it this way , the same way Brazil was favourites last World Cup and did not win the cup is the same way they were not favourites this world cup and still will not win the cup  :rotfl:..yuh will be crying long tears when they get knock out

The only team I am prepared to cry for is T&T!
Any other team for me is just entertainment, even Brazil!  8)

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2010, 06:38:42 AM »

Any other team for me is just entertainment, even Brazil!
  8)

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2010, 06:54:19 AM »

Any other team for me is just entertainment, even Brazil!  8)
[/quote

Use 2 ry 4 TNT d tears dry up.

1]; } ?>