March 28, 2024, 11:33:49 AM

Author Topic: Ronaldo reacts to post-defeat close-up by spitting  (Read 20927 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Ronaldo reacts to post-defeat close-up by spitting
« on: June 29, 2010, 05:08:37 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ozuFBD0XG0o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ozuFBD0XG0o</a>

The World Cup quarterfinals are now set, but some people would rather question Cristiano Ronaldo's bodily functions than focus on that. "Did Ronaldo spit at the cameraman as he trudged off the pitch following Portugal's 1-0 loss to Spain in the round of 16?" Certainly there are more pressing questions to take away from the match, but as the camera got right up next to the upset superstar, he looked directly into the lens and hocked a loogie at the ground in front of its operator. Whether done with rude intentions or not, the immediate reaction from many on Twitter was to accuse him of acting like a sore loser.
In the 2006 World Cup it was a wink to the Portuguese bench after Wayne Rooney was sent off in England's quarterfinal loss to Portugal that turned some fans against Cristiano Ronaldo. This time his lasting World Cup image could be a wad of spit.
[Photos: See more of Cristiano Ronaldo's postgame reaction]
It wasn't a great World Cup for Ronaldo. He scored just one goal in the only game Portugal wasn't held scoreless -- their 7-0 win over North Korea -- and despite the captain's efforts to carry his team, he just didn't get enough help to go deep into the tournament. With his over-gelled style and god-like confidence, Ronaldo has always been a "love him or hate him" type guy and th severity of your opinion of his final act on a 2010 World Cup pitch will probably depend on whether you have his picture in a frame or speared to your dartboard.
http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Ronaldo-reacts-to-post-defeat-close-up-by-spitti?urn=sow,252366
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldo reacts to post-defeat close-up by spitting
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 05:55:01 PM »
i woulda give him d 'heinze'

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 12:09:45 PM »
I see ah different occurrence. i saw him spat on the pitch. big deal.  :yawning:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 12:10:32 PM »
I see ah different occurrence. i saw him spat on the pitch. big deal.  :yawning:

Exacklee
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 04:09:21 PM »

He had a whole sector of pitch he coulda spit on away from the camera but chose that small section facing the camera?  come nah man......he is being his petulant self in smart. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 06:57:21 PM »
At least he wasn't putting down a snatty nose cry.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 01:07:11 AM »

He had a whole sector of pitch he coulda spit on away from the camera but chose that small section facing the camera?  come nah man......he is being his petulant self in smart. 
Remember , that camera was mobile and right up in the boy grill. maybe he was ah good distance away from the thing and the camera man zoomed in.  it just didn't look malicious to me that's all.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 10:40:24 AM »

Remember , that camera was mobile and right up in the boy grill. maybe he was ah good distance away from the thing and the camera man zoomed in.  it just didn't look malicious to me that's all.

Yes the camera was right in his face. The way i saw it tho, he was facing front the whole time, then turn twds the camera, spit, then turn away....did he spit on the cameraman? No. But did he purposely turn twds the camera to hawk the loogie? IMO, yes. Not necessarily malicious, but it looked a lil suspicious to me.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 11:24:25 AM by trinikev »
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 02:55:37 PM »

Petulant is the word I used, not malicious.  Cameras are always in he grill.  When he win games and when he lose so he should be used to it and take the good with the bad..  I think everybody on this earth knows that, when you spit in somebody direction that is so close to you, at the very least, it is impolite and rude and at the very worst it is downright disrespectful and unsanitary.  it is plausible that he was in a foul mood after losing the game, didn't want the camera in his face in this time of being down and was annoyed to the point of telling the camera man to "get to fack outta my face" with out actually saying it.  So he spit instead. Yuh think if he was in the middle of a game, he woulda spit in the direction of an opponent like that?  He know what he was doing.........lil manu bitch!   :devil:

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 03:24:46 PM »
I think he is keeping with tradition....how much time we watching ah game and as soon as the camera pan to a player, you see said player spitting, I think it happens 80% of the time (no midnight dis is not scientific lol)  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 03:50:21 PM »
lil manu bitch!   :devil:

AYE AYE, that is REAL bitch now eh , or hor  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 04:06:54 PM »

Nah! Yuh could take de man gyul outta manu but yuh cyah take de manu out de man gyul.  :devil:

giggsy11

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 11:41:30 PM »

Nah! Yuh could take de man gyul outta manu but yuh cyah take de manu out de man gyul.  :devil:
[/quote

Can't keep the hate down can you? Ronaldo is Jose's problem now! He frickin threw Querioz under the bus when asked why Portugal lost. Selfish and self absorbed prick!

giggsy11

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 07:40:21 PM »
Apparently his behaviors and reactions will cost him his captaincy! F%ckin prat!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 05:17:45 AM »
Apparently his behaviors and reactions will cost him his captaincy! F%ckin prat!

...like I said, "you could take de man gyul......."  :devil:

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: come nah man Ronaldo
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2010, 08:11:46 PM »

The new bird
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 08:13:38 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 08:19:00 PM »
also heard he is d father of a baby boy born to a surrogate mother. things that make u go  :thinking:
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 08:23:59 PM »
Ronaldo reveals his feminine side?  Wasn't that revealed about 5-6 years ago and been front and center since?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 08:32:23 PM »
If he had on lip-stick there would be cause for concern. Is only his toes

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 06:18:39 AM »
if i was one ah dem keepers that was abused by his free kicks i would vomit at seein dat...painted toes bore my net so?!! nnnnaah!!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 06:56:15 AM »
nobody notice the bird a wha?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 08:13:02 AM »
Now I not defending the man...and yes it could be polish.

But if yuh ever play ball and a man stamp yuh toe...it does get a clot and turn black.

I have had 2-3 toes on occasion get black and it takes a few months to rectify itself.

If yuh watch the right foot big toe...the black halfway....could be a blood clot growing out....I ent know.

Given the amount of blade he does collect regular and as a nike mercurial wearer...which the thin plastic doh offer much foot protection. It could be just blood clot on he toe nail.

Again...I ent defending the man...I showing alyuh it from a "football" perspective.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2010, 08:26:32 AM »
Or Photoshop  ::)

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2010, 08:37:43 AM »
Duh...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7B70Yo7I4yA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7B70Yo7I4yA</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2010, 08:37:54 AM »
also heard he is d father of a baby boy born to a surrogate mother. things that make u go  :thinking:

same here
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2010, 08:44:52 AM »
If he is Gay , is he the greatest Gay footballer ever ? Oh it had better .

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2010, 09:06:14 AM »
nobody notice the bird a wha?

Co-SIGN

If he had on lip-stick there would be cause for concern. Is only his toes

Nah horse yuh wrong for dat

I think Redondo has that title right now.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2010, 10:09:30 AM »

Better than maradona?

Yuh see de amounta hug up, kiss and feel up he give dem Argentine players in dis world cup?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2010, 10:15:27 AM »

Better than maradona?

Yuh see de amounta hug up, kiss and feel up he give dem Argentine players in dis world cup?

Boy i was studying if he mighta drag messi tongue if messi did score.

Dis lookin suspect doh. All de time de man was sayin oh he want to keep de gyal identity private when yuh hear de talk bout de chile.

Man making headlines while beating out paris hilton. Last year was de hot totie tickler pants. Now is toe nail polish.

De man hadda realise dat yuh cyar be on dat.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 10:19:04 AM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

1]; } ?>