April 16, 2024, 06:21:13 AM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 61 - Semi-finals: Uruguay vs Holland  (Read 29661 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 61 - Semi-finals: Uruguay vs Holland
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2010, 10:58:38 PM »
Even if URU is 2 time winners and manage

to get past NED,GER have de relief valve

we need tuh relieve we pressha.F**k URU !

Dutty bunch ! Of the 4 teams,I prefer GER win.

Lewe GEEEH READY TUH RUMBLLLLE !!!  :challenge:

:thumbsup:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2010, 12:26:12 AM »
Truth be told I cool with any of the remaining European teams winning... but my hierarchy is:

Holland
Germany
Spain

... fack Uruguay

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2010, 06:57:50 AM »
Never liked Uruguay's football. Liked it even less this rounds after both the South Africa match and the Ghana match. Holland to take it, but Germany have to mash them up in the final just so I could see Brown Sugar turn to Molasses after the tears start to fall... :devil:

:shameonyou:  ;D

Truth be told I cool with any of the remaining European teams winning... but my hierarchy is:

Holland
Germany
Spain

... fack Uruguay

I love it when we on the same page...... :cheers: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2010, 07:18:35 AM »
ah Holland hand Uruguay dey ass in dis one but ah backin Germany for d cup.........I real like myself, watchin dem play boy, total pakage :beermug:
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2010, 09:37:35 AM »

I love it when we on the same page...... :cheers: ;D

You like it when me and you on de same anything  ;)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2010, 09:51:41 AM »
Uruguay with their captain (the wall) struggling for fitness and their back up goalkeeper / striker  ;D out, don't look likely to take on this disciplined Dutch team.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2010, 12:25:35 PM »
Uruguay with their captain (the wall) struggling for fitness and their back up goalkeeper / striker  ;D out, don't look likely to take on this disciplined Dutch team.

i hear dat...i hear they earmark robben as the danger man...duh...everybody knows he is the livewire...and if they overlaod on the left hand side they going to leave the right side free for sneijder and kuyt to make mas

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2010, 06:50:45 PM »
d dutch is winning this world cup, mark my words its there time now
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2010, 07:05:34 PM »

It's about time now.. man.. I couldn't agree wid you any better.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2010, 08:13:37 PM »

I want the best & most consistent TEAM to win the world cup and for 2010 that means Germany!  ;D
Sorry Orange men but to me allyuh haven't even played half as exciting football as Germany yet in this Cup!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 08:15:33 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2010, 08:39:12 PM »
Now explain 2 me why dey have a meeting strtin 1:00 pm 2mor. Brown/Patriot/Jah pls text a sista PLSSSSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2010, 08:53:51 PM »

I want the best & most consistent TEAM to win the world cup and for 2010 that means Germany!  ;D
Sorry Orange men but to me allyuh haven't even played half as exciting football as Germany yet in this Cup!

:shameonyou:
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2010, 08:57:23 PM »

:shameonyou:

Doh worry, I want Holland to beat Uruguay so they can meet Germany in the final!
That should be a good match but sorry 3 - 1 to Germany will not surprise me!  ;)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2010, 01:22:43 AM »

Dutch wary of Uruguay
Published: 6 Jul 2010

Netherlands' players Arjen Robben, left, Dirk Kuyt, centre, and Andre Ooijer, right, joke during a team training session in Cape Town, South Africa, yesterday. The Netherlands play Uruguay in the semifinal at the Fifa World Cup in Cape Town today. AP Photo

Netherlands coach Bert van Marwijk is not planning on changing his tactics for the World Cup semifinal against Uruguay, despite criticism about the lack of Dutch flair that has dogged his team throughout the tournament. “We are continuing down the road we have chosen,” Van Marwijk said yesterday. “I will not let anyone distract me from that.” Uruguay coach Oscar Tabarez, meanwhile, is drawing inspiration to beat the favored Dutch from the 1950 “Miracle of Maracana,” when his tiny nation beat Brazil at Maracana stadium to earn its second World Cup title. “The history of the World Cup is full of results that nobody could have expected, and they continue to happen,” Tabarez said. “Why shouldn’t we be able to win on Tuesday?”

But, he added: “I know we have to play a perfect game and we’re going to approach it with all of our effort.” Uruguay, ranked No. 16 in the world, is a two-time World Cup winner, while the fourth-ranked Netherlands is still trying to shake off the tag of two-time loser after talent-packed Dutch teams lost to hosts Germany and Argentina in 1974 and 1978. “We have to beat Uruguay,” Wesley Sneijder told the official Dutch supporters website. “We’re just thinking of one thing: we want to win the World Cup. This is our time.” Uruguay only reached today’s semifinal at Green Point Stadium thanks to Luis Suarez’s handball on the line to deny Ghana in the dying seconds of extra time, and Tabarez knows his team will have to do better against the Dutch.

However, Tabarez hit back at criticism of Suarez’s actions. “We are very proud of our behavior,” Tabarez said. “Please don’t tell me or suggest that we cheated. I don’t accept that in any way.” Van Marwijk and Tabarez are both having to fill holes in their starting lineups caused by injuries and suspensions. Chief among them will be the suspended Suarez, who knows all about scoring against Dutch defenses — with 43 goals in 39 games for Ajax last season in the Eredivisie and Dutch Cup. Fullback Jorge Fucile also is suspended after picking up a second yellow card against Ghana, while central defender Diego Godin missed that game with a left thigh problem and remains in doubt. Captain Diego Lugano also is fighting to be fit after injuring a right knee ligament against Ghana.

Tabarez refused to reveal whether Lugano and Godin would play.
“Our lineup is our great secret,” he said. “Neither my players nor the Dutch players are going to know until Tuesday.” Van Marwijk is expected to start Khalid Boulahrouz at right back and Demy de Zeeuw as a defensive midfielder in place of the suspended Gregory van der Wiel and Nigel de Jong, who both picked up their second yellow cards of the tournament against Brazil. However, injury clouds hanging over Hamburg center back Joris Mathijsen and Arsenal striker Robin van Persie have disappeared, with both declared fit to play. Mathijsen has recovered from the knee injury that forced him out of the quarterfinal just minutes before kickoff, and Van Persie can play despite injuring his left elbow against Brazil.

Van Persie has scored just one goal in the five victories leading into the semifinals in Cape Town, but Sneijder has picked up the scoring slack with four strikes from midfield, including both second-half goals in the comeback 2-1 defeat of five-time champion Brazil. Van Marwijk said he still had confidence in Van Persie, despite his lean patch.
“Players with so much talent can play well and turn a match at any time,” Van Marwijk said. “I have always had faith in him even when he was not playing so well and I still do.” Uruguay may be missing Suarez, but it still has one of the world’s top strikers, Diego Forlan, who already has three goals in South Africa. The Netherlands is on a 24-match unbeaten run and in its first World Cup semifinal since 1998 in France, when it lost on penalties to Brazil. While both teams’ strikers are making headlines, their success is built on defensive strength; Uruguay has conceded just two goals at the World Cup, while the Dutch have allowed three.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 01:28:32 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2010, 03:57:34 AM »
go uraguay !
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2010, 05:21:22 AM »
go uraguay !

Fyah bun dem  :flamethrower:....the most boring of the South American sides!!  I eh know why Gyan didn't put we out we misery and send dem home....dais nutten they are playing a REAL team today..... :challenge: :duel: :flamethrower:

GO ORANJE!!

(today is real pressure in work to meet deadlines, but if they feel ah eh seeing at least the 2nd half they lie!!.... ;D)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2010, 06:13:56 AM »
go uraguay !

wtf i hearing here  :notlistening:
Youtube Channel

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2010, 09:43:39 AM »
go uraguay !

Fyah bun dem  :flamethrower:....the most boring of the South American sides!!  I eh know why Gyan didn't put we out we misery and send dem home....dais nutten they are playing a REAL team today..... :challenge: :duel: :flamethrower:

GO ORANJE!!

(today is real pressure in work to meet deadlines, but if they feel ah eh seeing at least the 2nd half they lie!!.... ;D)

BAHAHHHHHAHAHAHAAH.....easier game for we in the finals ;)
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2010, 10:46:41 AM »
So Holland really believe dey was  going to win dis world cup and dis happen?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/soccer/world-cup-2010/07/06/modest.dutch/index.html?eref=sircrc

CAPE TOWN (Reuters) -- FIFA is hunting for a hotel for the Netherlands World Cup squad after the modest Dutch failed to book rooms so deep in the tournament.

The Dutch Football Association (KNVB) only made reservations in Johannesburg's Sandton Hilton hotel up until July 5 -- and their home from home is now fully booked.

Netherlands take on Uruguay later on Tuesday in Cape Town in the first semi-final and, if successful, will look to return to Johannesburg.

While world soccer's governing body FIFA accommodates all teams the night before and after a match, teams must make their own arrangements for the other nights.

The KNVB confirmed they must leave the Sandton Hilton as it is fully booked for the rest of the tournament.

"It is not the case that we will be homeless after the semifinal," an optimistic spokeswoman Martine Bruggink told Dutch newspaper NRC Handelsblad. "FIFA is searching for another accommodation."

If the Dutch beat Uruguay they will feature in Sunday's final in Johannesburg's Soccer City. Otherwise they will play in the third and fourth place play-off on Saturday in Port Elizabeth.

Anyhow...between de two...hard to see anything other than a dutch victory.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2010, 11:08:11 AM »
So Holland really believe dey was  going to win dis world cup and dis happen?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/soccer/world-cup-2010/07/06/modest.dutch/index.html?eref=sircrc

CAPE TOWN (Reuters) -- FIFA is hunting for a hotel for the Netherlands World Cup squad after the modest Dutch failed to book rooms so deep in the tournament.

The Dutch Football Association (KNVB) only made reservations in Johannesburg's Sandton Hilton hotel up until July 5 -- and their home from home is now fully booked.

Netherlands take on Uruguay later on Tuesday in Cape Town in the first semi-final and, if successful, will look to return to Johannesburg.

While world soccer's governing body FIFA accommodates all teams the night before and after a match, teams must make their own arrangements for the other nights.

The KNVB confirmed they must leave the Sandton Hilton as it is fully booked for the rest of the tournament.

"It is not the case that we will be homeless after the semifinal," an optimistic spokeswoman Martine Bruggink told Dutch newspaper NRC Handelsblad. "FIFA is searching for another accommodation."

If the Dutch beat Uruguay they will feature in Sunday's final in Johannesburg's Soccer City. Otherwise they will play in the third and fourth place play-off on Saturday in Port Elizabeth.

Anyhow...between de two...hard to see anything other than a dutch victory.

LOL

giggsy11

« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2010, 11:48:58 AM »
I can't rout for men like Robben and Van Bommel!

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2010, 11:57:29 AM »
For Uruguay to stand ah chance to win. They need Suarez and the goalkeeper in the goal whole game.

Holland winning this  :beermug:

giggsy11

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2010, 12:13:59 PM »
I bet it will take Robben within 3minutes tuh hit the grass!

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2010, 12:32:49 PM »
LOL!!  I was just came here to post something similar.

In the pre-game Gullit said that a lady was vacuuming while watching the dutch team play, she bumped the tv and Van Bommel fell over.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2010, 12:34:51 PM »
Green Point Stadium is beautiful.
I hope the Dutch don't underestimate this URU side.
Two of the best performers in the WC on display today, Sneijder and Forlan.
I lookin for Van Persie to do something good today.

Uruguay are pressing very high. Holland having to work hard at getting out of their half.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 12:36:46 PM by Peong »

giggsy11

« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2010, 12:46:17 PM »
I think Van Persie  block his shot on purpose! :devil: Dem linesmen and dem already f&ckin up off side calls. Time tuh bring women lines persons all yuh men f&ckin up the brand!

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2010, 12:48:18 PM »
1-0 Holland!!!!!!!!
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2010, 12:48:26 PM »
Go-flickin-lazzzzoooo!!!!!!!

A Van Bronckhorst Bullet in de jep nest!

Definitely a contender for goal of the tournament.

I guess the Jabulani ent giving him any issues.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 12:50:46 PM by Bitter »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2010, 12:49:49 PM »
Brownie must be bussing a wine all now!
Back in Trini...

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2010, 12:49:59 PM »
Borse goalassoo

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

1]; } ?>