March 28, 2024, 07:18:25 AM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 62 - Semi-finals: Germany vs Spain  (Read 30745 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 62 - Semi-finals: Germany vs Spain
« Reply #150 on: July 07, 2010, 02:37:51 PM »
Paul is a mafia setup.
Watch he go predict a Holland win, after we done bet all we money, Spain running out 2-0
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 07, 2010, 02:39:53 PM »
Paul is a mafia setup.
Watch he go predict a Holland win, after we done bet all we money, Spain running out 2-0

Paul doh predict only Germany games?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 07, 2010, 02:40:53 PM »
Okay ah backing Spain for the title now, lets hope ah doh blight dem!  ::)

Still waiting to hear what Paul de Octupus have to say though if ah going to bet any money on the result!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 07, 2010, 02:42:45 PM »
Paul is a mafia setup.

I hope so!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 07, 2010, 02:43:04 PM »
Spain is just that good... they make this Germany team look like nothing...

I am impressed...

Xavi and Iniesta is just two legends in they prime!

Spain was not impressive. They had the ball where they always have the ball. What was so impressive? How many penetraing passes did they make? How many balls in the final seam? They had the ball in the spaces that Germany gave them. How many crosses that was effective? Boateng let Ramos cross and nothing, did not even pick someone out. The problem started when Jansen came on for Boateng. He had Ramos under manners even though Pedro drifted out there.

Spain did nothing more, than score the goal. Too much respect from Germany for Spain.

Bro,
          I beg to differ here. Spain dictated the pace with a lot of lateral and short passes. They werenot that pretty or a forceful penetrating team like Germany. But Spain made life difficult for them. I would not say Spain outclass them, but played better than them.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 07, 2010, 02:44:50 PM »

Still waiting to hear what Paul de Octupus have to say though if ah going to bet any money on the result!  8)

Anybody know how fried octopuss does taste?

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 07, 2010, 02:46:53 PM »
I think Germany show Spain too much respect. Of course, Spain deserve respect, but Germany play that game to not-lose. I thought they would loosen up in the 2nd half, but they were really hoping to convert one half-chance.

Spain was Spain. They keep possession until the opposition lapse and then score. They switch to a counter-attack posture immediately after the goal, and are just as happy to defend the 1 goal lead as any other bunker-down team. The Puyol goal was mostly bad-mind though. Pique probably still want to know who foul him as he was going for an open header.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 07, 2010, 02:49:05 PM »

Paul de Octopus picking Spain

Yeah, I think Paul looking good to fry!!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 02:52:03 PM by Socapro »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 07, 2010, 02:52:38 PM »

I am impressed...

Yuh know class, so for de life of me cyar understand why yuh backin a dead horse in La Liga  :devil:

BTW, all Spain scorers so far from Barca
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 07, 2010, 02:58:11 PM »
Shyte tactics, poor coaching decision. Spain dictated the pace, but showed no true effort to win the game.

So what does that say for Germany. Spain kept it, made Germany work, but never put the ball at risk. Why cross when it got wide? Villa was never going to win it. So probe, keep it and wait for the one or two chances. Overall I do not think it was Germany intention to drop off, they simply were denied the ball. No opportunity to build or counter attack
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 07, 2010, 02:58:40 PM »

I am impressed...

Yuh know class, so for de life of me cyar understand why yuh backin a dead horse in La Liga  :devil:

BTW, all Spain scorers so far from Barca

is de colours on the crest... it have ah moldy mcdonalds finish :puking:

nah but Real was de first european team I get to watch live regular... so dats meh horse

Real Madrid,
Salamanca (dem ent saying nothing at all)
and Inter Milan... because of after Sunday Lunch Serie A in the 80's
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #161 on: July 07, 2010, 03:06:30 PM »
Germany play Spain thesame way they play England and Argentina. Spain just stifle their breaks much better, even though Germany almost break through a couple times.

The difference in play was huge. Spain justknock the ball naturally. Germany keep setting up hopeful footraces on the wing. Spain was also much better at beating the first man to pull Germany out of shape.

That defence was under constant threat of being opened up with a single pass, which is impressive against a side defending so deep
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 07, 2010, 03:08:52 PM »
Shyte tactics, poor coaching decision. Spain dictated the pace, but showed no true effort to win the game.

So what does that say for Germany. Spain kept it, made Germany work, but never put the ball at risk. Why cross when it got wide? Villa was never going to win it. So probe, keep it and wait for the one or two chances. Overall I do not think it was Germany intention to drop off, they simply were denied the ball. No opportunity to build or counter attack

I not sure if peeps understand how much it does take out of players to be chasin de ball for 70 minutes out of a 90 minute game.

Germany game is based on a swift counter attack.  Spain game is based on possession of the ball...and when they lose possession, to win it back quickly by pressing the opposition.  Germany had 2 counter attack chances in the entire match.  Both of them were decent chances but it was all they had.  For a team that ran riot against England and Australia, it's a credit to Spain for the way they took Germany out of their game.

The point you make about not crossing the ball is salient.  Why cross the ball when midget Villa was never goin to win any header?  Bess to keep it and try to work an opening.  It's to Germany's credit that they kept their shape and discipline over the course of the game.

Not sure what happened with the goal and where the breakdown occurred....BOTH Pique AND Puyol had FREE HEADERS on that play.  Who lapse in de German defence?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 07, 2010, 03:10:03 PM »
Germany play Spain thesame way they play England and Argentina. Spain just stifle their breaks much better, even though Germany almost break through a couple times.

The difference in play was huge. Spain justknock the ball naturally. Germany keep setting up hopeful footraces on the wing. Spain was also much better at beating the first man to pull Germany out of shape.

That defence was under constant threat of being opened up with a single pass, which is impressive against a side defending so deep

Yeah, well said, w/5 midfielders to boot
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 07, 2010, 03:18:10 PM »
Puyol first miss.

Then he made amends.

Germany chased shadows for much of the game and Barca were wearing them down. They was a goal mouth scramble where Iniesta broke away and Villa narrowly missed and open goal.

The front 3 Barca tandem of Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro and soon to be Villa looked more dangerous than any team they have fielded thus far.

Pedro undid all his hard work and creative play by one selfish decision. You would think someone like him who comes from a side of world class passers would have done better.

Viva La Roja

Més que un club.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 07, 2010, 03:37:20 PM »

Calamari...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 07, 2010, 03:41:12 PM »
Who de hell first thought of having an octopus predict football games anyhow?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 07, 2010, 03:43:37 PM »
Who de hell first thought of having an octopus predict football games anyhow?

Who knows & who cares, maybe be 007 did?! But he's proving to be a hit!!  8)

giggsy11

« Reply #168 on: July 07, 2010, 03:56:56 PM »

Calamari...

Breaded with an aoli sauce is the best!

giggsy11

« Reply #169 on: July 07, 2010, 03:59:16 PM »
I have not seen the game yet and was trying to avoid finding out the result but failed after checking my email and the damn thing was sittin in looking at me. No I am not bussin a gut tuh watch on Sunday. Steeups!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 07, 2010, 03:59:51 PM »

I am impressed...

Spain was not impressive. They had the ball where they always have the ball. What was so impressive? How many penetraing passes did they make? How many balls in the final seam? They had the ball in the spaces that Germany gave them. How many crosses that was effective? Boateng let Ramos cross and nothing, did not even pick someone out. The problem started when Jansen came on for Boateng. He had Ramos under manners even though Pedro drifted out there.

Spain did nothing more, than score the goal. Too much respect from Germany for Spain.

Respectfully disagree.. this is how spain play... you can't get the ball from them and they WILL wear you down. This is why they have only lost 2 games in 3 years!!

I thought germany had the weapons to hit dem on the counter but they stifled that too... Germany scored 4 goals three times in this World Cup and were made to look quite toothless... Impressive

Did you hear Klinsman.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 07, 2010, 04:00:37 PM »

I am impressed...

Bro,
          I beg to differ here. Spain dictated the pace with a lot of lateral and short passes. They werenot that pretty or a forceful penetrating team like Germany. But Spain made life difficult for them. I would not say Spain outclass them, but played better than them.

Agreed.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 07, 2010, 04:05:10 PM »

Calamari...

Breaded with an aoli sauce is the best!

I prefer a tart marinara, but this will work too...  ;D
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 07, 2010, 04:07:53 PM »

I not sure if peeps understand how much it does take out of players to be chasin de ball for 70 minutes out of a 90 minute game.

Germany game is based on a swift counter attack.  Spain game is based on possession of the ball...and when they lose possession, to win it back quickly by pressing the opposition.  Germany had 2 counter attack chances in the entire match.  Both of them were decent chances but it was all they had.  For a team that ran riot against England and Australia, it's a credit to Spain for the way they took Germany out of their game.

The point you make about not crossing the ball is salient.  Why cross the ball when midget Villa was never goin to win any header?  Bess to keep it and try to work an opening.  It's to Germany's credit that they kept their shape and discipline over the course of the game.

Not sure what happened with the goal and where the breakdown occurred....BOTH Pique AND Puyol had FREE HEADERS on that play.  Who lapse in de German defence?

Yeah but both of you miss the main point, Germany did not chase the ball. They took space away. Germany only started chasing after the goal was scored. Germany played the shyte football that Brazil played.
When the Germans pushed up and moved the ball around in the top of the mid 1/3 Spain was chasing (that's what they do) to win the ball back and Germany did well in keeping the ball. Spain looked dishevled in the midfield whenever Germany pressed them, even give the ball back. As long as Germany gave them the space they looked good, which is expected, but under pressure they did nothing spectacular.

As much as Puyol should have converted the 1st header, so to should have Klose converted the volley. Understanding what both teams was trying to do, the game was nothing saved for the goal.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #174 on: July 07, 2010, 04:12:45 PM »
sport is a cruel thing yes!

who wuda thought after d run germany was havin, dey wuda lose like dis  :-\

Well guess what, i got news fuh yuh!!! they lorse!!
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #175 on: July 07, 2010, 04:37:00 PM »
Well fellas.... ah still in it!!!

Check this, midway first page.

Just like i called it:      http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=49645.0#lastPost
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 04:43:54 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 07, 2010, 05:25:18 PM »
Yeah but both of you miss the main point, Germany did not chase the ball. They took space away. Germany only started chasing after the goal was scored. Germany played the shyte football that Brazil played.
When the Germans pushed up and moved the ball around in the top of the mid 1/3 Spain was chasing (that's what they do) to win the ball back and Germany did well in keeping the ball. Spain looked dishevled in the midfield whenever Germany pressed them, even give the ball back. As long as Germany gave them the space they looked good, which is expected, but under pressure they did nothing spectacular.

As much as Puyol should have converted the 1st header, so to should have Klose converted the volley. Understanding what both teams was trying to do, the game was nothing saved for the goal.

Dude, you realize that once Germany start to press Spain lookin fuh de equalizer, how vulnerable they were on the counter from Spain?  De one Pedro fork up.....a nex when Torres was one on one wit Friedrich etc.  Dat is EXACTLY why Germany played the game plan they did...and every other team that plays Spain as well.  Because they know if they press dem, one of Spain's strengths is playing when they DON'T have the ball, regaining possession, and ketchin de opposition out of position in de process.

Low did what he had to do.  It didn't work.  That happens in football.  Germany were beaten by a CLEARLY SUPERIOR team on the day.  No shame in dat. 

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 07, 2010, 05:27:23 PM »
As much as Puyol should have converted the 1st header, so to should have Klose converted the volley.

Huh?  We obviously eh watchin de same game.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 07, 2010, 05:36:39 PM »
"They have been playing together for several years, they are very cohesive, their moves come automatically," German striker Miroslav Klose said. "They were simply the better team."

SOURCE

NUFF SAID.  PUNTO FINAL!

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 07, 2010, 05:37:14 PM »
sport is a cruel thing yes!

who wuda thought after d run germany was havin, dey wuda lose like dis  :-\

Well guess what, i got news fuh yuh!!! they lorse!!

horse, i was talkin generally. never was i backin germany
my team dis world cup was ghana
so relax nah  ::)
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

1]; } ?>