March 28, 2024, 09:30:18 AM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 63 - Play-off for third place (10 July): Uruguay vs Germany  (Read 54317 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This British commentator says that NED goalkeeper Maarten STEKELENBURG text his teammate @ Ajax  Suarez, to congratulate him for being the tournament's best Goalkeeper.He seem to enjoy saying it.Think he and Harks
are still grieving for the perfectly good cutt arse USA received from Ghana.Dey hearts bleed.

Maybe he was responding to this...

“The ‘Hand of God’ now belongs to me — mine is the real ‘Hand of God,’ ” Suárez said. “I made the best save of the tournament. There was no alternative but for me to do that, and when they missed the penalty I thought, ‘It is a miracle and we are alive in the tournament.’ Now we are in the semifinals, although I was very sad because no one likes to be sent off.”

This is the man some people want me to feel sorry for??

Steups.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This British commentator says that NED goalkeeper Maarten STEKELENBURG text his teammate @ Ajax  Suarez, to congratulate him for being the tournament's best Goalkeeper.He seem to enjoy saying it.Think he and Harks
are still grieving for the perfectly good cutt arse USA received from Ghana.Dey hearts bleed.

“The ‘Hand of God’ now belongs to me — mine is the real ‘Hand of God,’ ” Suárez said. “I made the best save of the tournament. There was no alternative but for me to do that, and when they missed the penalty I thought, ‘It is a miracle and we are alive in the tournament.’ Now we are in the semifinals, although I was very sad because no one likes to be sent off.”

Steups.

wow.......just wow...
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile

Steups.

yuh unders! fork suarez

well done to d crowd for booin his stink ass
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
Suarez shame ah nation wid ah rich footballing pedigree... but dais he weight now to carry... Jus' like Terry Henry...

STUB IT OUT!!!
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If yuh man enough tuh cheat and show no remorse yuh hadda be man enough tuh take some boo...

Yuh could vex with whoever yuh want...Suarez is a big man- take boo...

3 black players in the starting line up for Germany today- the world is changing.  
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile

Steups.
Yuh rite bout that.Imagine,dis forker missin he catechism class @ school cuz he scrimmage went into OT !
Observer was correk when he say,' He sell he Sold @ de crossroads !
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile

Steups.

yuh unders! fork suarez

well done to d crowd for booin his stink ass
Oh Gaad !    :rotfl:
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
If yuh man enough tuh cheat and show no remorse yuh hadda be man enough tuh take some boo...

Yuh could vex with whoever yuh want...Suarez is a big man- take boo...

3 black players in the starting line up for Germany today- the world is changing.  

All part of d game as far as i see it. The laws of the game were enforced.

Every pro has to be prepared for hostile environments. I actually thought Suarez played well today.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Dumplingdinho

BNS,

this was boateng first game as right back..he played left back after replacing bastuder who started the tournament...he looked better in this position but then again this game was open.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
BNS,

this was boateng first game as right back..he played left back after replacing bastuder who started the tournament...he looked better in this position but then again this game was open.

I stand corrected then... but yeah, he looked really comfortable in that RB position today.  His crosses into the box led to one goal and created several opportunities in the second half.  I thought both he and Agogo, filling in at left back, looked really good today.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is Boateng naturally right footed?  His crosses looked dangerous today.

Lahm used to play a right footed left back (in previous German squads) who always had to cut back to cross- it works for some but I always find it to be a little in efficient unless you're an attacking player cutting in to shoot. 

Dumplingdinho

BNS,

I stand corrected then... but yeah, he looked really comfortable in that RB position today.  His crosses into the box led to one goal and created several opportunities in the second half.  I thought both he and Agogo, filling in at left back, looked really good today.

yeah boateng sent in a lot of good crosses...RB might be his spot since lahm prefers left back but their coach prefers lahm as the RB...this german team will be one of the top contenders in 2014 but a lot happens in 4 yrs, ppl get injured, coaches do $hit, etc

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Is Boateng naturally right footed?  His crosses looked dangerous today.

Lahm used to play a right footed left back (in previous German squads) who always had to cut back to cross- it works for some but I always find it to be a little in efficient unless you're an attacking player cutting in to shoot. 

He is right-footed but a very two-footed player. He play the left-back without looking out of place but I remember him still shooting with his right from distance when he had a chance in the England or Argentina game.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
I'm back, Germany 3rd again, steups. But congrats to them anyway. That's why I start a 2014 thread already. Looking to the future. Only thing is we'd need to be the first European team to take it in the Americas - new history to write  ;D

Anyway belated goal celebrations:

3:2!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I am Bakes, and I approve of this message  :beermug:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Willkommen back E-Man  ;D  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Great Stuff E-man!! Glad you are back on form!!  And congarts on your team's 3rd place, nothing to sneeze at! ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
dat blasted suarez. evertime i see him i get sick

an now uruguay appealin heavy heavy for a hand ball. forkin hypocrites  >:(

why u vex with suarez....vex with gyan for missing the penalty.

right???? let the boo birds haul they stinkin asses....Gyan is ah effin GOAT...if he did score de kiss-meh-tail penalty life woulda go on, nobody woulda be talkin no stupidness bout changing rule and all kinda sh*&.....score de frickin penalty for yuh team and Africa, and all non-racist.
Yuhs ah kinda c@nt or what!!! FYI, how many players have the fortitude tuh miss ah penalty and five mins later had the nerve tuh kick another one??  i seen the best strikers in the world miss penalties, so hush yuh mudda c@nt wid yuh suarez worship, BC he's ah forkin scumbag and yuhs ah scum bag for bigging him up yuh c@nt!!

you probably never played one single professional football game in yuh life, but have the audacity tuh call big players goat.  sssttuueepppsss!!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 01:29:17 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
hear nah ah wonder if men woulda be so bent outta shape if dis handball was in a game between two european or south american..or any team dat wasn't ah african team...and if i get back into coaching, i would advise my young charges to do de same damn thing senor Suarez did...or as Small Mag said (words to de effect), "fly and wrap it up like m*&ther c*&t Buffon!!)
You really from fyzo, BC yuh sound like ah real country bumkin corn husk eatin racist moron!! yuh can't even contain yuh bias, it spillin all out ah every hole in yuh body. even yuh a$$ and yuh mouth merge wid all the sh!t yuh spuring.   carry on moron!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
hear nah ah wonder if men woulda be so bent outta shape if dis handball was in a game between two european or south american..or any team dat wasn't ah african team...and if i get back into coaching, i would advise my young charges to do de same damn thing senor Suarez did...or as Small Mag said (words to de effect), "fly and wrap it up like m*&ther c*&t Buffon!!)
You really from fyzo, BC yuh sound like ah real country bumkin corn husk eatin racist moron!! yuh can't even contain yuh bias, it spillin all out ah every hole in yuh body. even yuh a$$ and yuh mouth merge wid all the sh!t yuh spuring.   carry on moron!!
oh the irony  ;D
btw Fyzo is a black rasta if I remember right, not a Coolie Spik if thats what yuh was implying lol
and yes I belive if it wasn't an African team involved most people here wouldn'tve really cared.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I belive if it wasn't an African team involved most people here wouldn'tve really cared.

Good talk, but that doh change what it is. 

Some injustices unfortunately require an unrelated impetus for people to stand up and take note. 

If there was no oil in the middle east the U.S. wouldn't care about Iraq- doesn't render what was happening over there unworthy of critique.     

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
I belive if it wasn't an African team involved most people here wouldn'tve really cared.

Some injustices unfortunately require an unrelated impetus for people to stand up and take note. 

If there was no oil in the middle east the U.S. wouldn't care about Iraq- doesn't render what was happening over there unworthy of critique.     
Point taken Kicker

What Suarez did was unsportmanlike plus his celebrating wasn't the best move either.
but he was given the maximum punishment allowed within the laws of the game
This shows that FIFA has work to do to prevent another similar situation happening again in the future
Feliz

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Great game yesterday I really enjoyed the dish served by both teams.  :applause: :applause:

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

This shows that FIFA has work to do to prevent another similar situation happening again in the future

Either that or we just accept the harsh reality of life...something tells me that neither will happen and that we'll be arguing about stuff like this until the end of time.  

:beermug:

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile

a puzzling analogy. what injustice was going in iraq before de USA get involved? ???  yuh saying that if it wasn't for the handball in the uruguay-ghana match, people woulda leff de game alone instead of trying to 4k it up with ever more needless rule changes.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

a puzzling analogy. what injustice was going in iraq before de USA get involved? ???  

Never said there was injustice in Iraq (never said there wasn't either  ;D )- the injustice related to what happened in the match...the impetus in the match was sentiment toward Africa.  The impetus in the U.S.- Iraq scenario is arguably the price of oil. the analogy isn't that puzzling unless you're hung up on the word "injustice" when instead the point I'm making is really about the impetus (which is what Feliz was talking about).

I doh wanna get involved in political debate and totally derail the thread but many Americans will argue that one of the reasons for invading Iraq was in the interest of social and political reform.  Many would rebut that notion by saying that if there was no oil over there, Americans wouldn't care about the social or political climate over there... Even if such is true, it doesn't necessarily render the social/political climate in that country unworthy of critique or even reform...Note: I am not expressing an opinion on whether social/political reform was/is actually necessary in Iraq...so lewwe doh start that conversation  ;D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 09:10:21 AM by kicker »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation

a puzzling analogy. what injustice was going in iraq before de USA get involved? ???  yuh saying that if it wasn't for the handball in the uruguay-ghana match, people woulda leff de game alone instead of trying to 4k it up with ever more needless rule changes.
I for one don't want to see too many rule changes cause I like de bacchanal  ;D
Feliz

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
cannot remember any such backlash towards the German player or team in 2002, when one of their players did the exact same thing versus the USA. What is worst is he got away with it! Ok, he was more suttle in preventing the goal with his hand, but does that make it acceptable!

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
cannot remember any such backlash towards the German player or team in 2002, when one of their players did the exact same thing versus the USA. What is worst is he got away with it! Ok, he was more suttle in preventing the goal with his hand, but does that make it acceptable!

Observer, you not seeing the same reaction because:

1. More people were emotionally invested in this game than in the Germany-US game back in 2002 when Frings handled the ball.  More people invested this time so you're hearing more outrage at the play.

2. Frings didn't go on to crow and gloat in the aftermath did he?

1]; } ?>