March 29, 2024, 06:32:43 AM

Author Topic: Busquets making Spain forget Senna  (Read 2411 times)

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
Busquets making Spain forget Senna
« on: July 09, 2010, 11:50:36 PM »
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1271383/index.html#busquets+making+spain+forget+senna

Two years ago when Spain lifted the European title in Vienna, a Brazilian-born defensive midfielder was widely regarded as the team's unsung star.

With all the focus on the goalscoring feats of David Villa and Fernando Torres or the silky skills of Andres Iniesta and Xavi, Marcos Senna still managed to attract as many plaudits for his vital role in helping the rest of the team tick. He was also named in UEFA's squad of the tournament.

But after a poor and injury-plagued season in Spain, the 33-year-old was left out of coach Vicente Del Bosque's FIFA World Cup™ squad. Instead, Del Bosque turned to 21-year-old Barcelona midfielder Sergio Busquets and neither player nor coach have looked back since.

click the link for more...
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Busquets making Spain forget Senna
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 09:35:11 AM »
I refuse to click on that link to 'read more'..

Busquets cant shine Senna boots, first to begin he cant even shoot from outside the 18.

In fact Busquets couldnt shine Yaya boots at Barca, he lucky they give him a bligh for the season because they pushing Spain under nationalistic vibes.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 09:57:10 AM »

Busquets cant shine Senna boots, first to begin he cant even shoot from outside the 18.

In fact Busquets couldnt shine Yaya boots at Barca, he lucky they give him a bligh for the season because they pushing Spain under nationalistic vibes.
I couldn't agree more. He's not a bad player but he's not good as either of those guys.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 10:59:21 AM »

Correct!!

I does watch YaYa languishing on the bench and want to know how the hell Busquets starting in front of him.

Més que un club.

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 01:03:43 PM »
fellars....

I really not on Spain yuh know, I just bein' impartial...

I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 05:44:36 PM »
Busquets is a good player- especially considering that he's only 21.  Senna was great but he's 33 and struggled with injury this past season.  I don't think the article is saying that Busquets "can shine his boots".  If anything they are saying that he's better than Xabi Alonso (which I'd also disagree with)...Overall though the point is that he slipped into the holding role in the nat'l set up and Spain hasn't really missed a beat. 

Senna was really the rock though- sad that he's not there for a chance to win a World Cup. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

1]; } ?>