March 28, 2024, 06:28:58 AM

Author Topic: Muslims  (Read 6124 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Muslims
« on: August 26, 2010, 11:14:45 PM »
N.Y. man charged with stabbing cab driver for being Muslim
By Terence Corcoran, The (Westchester, N.Y.) Journal News

NEW YORK — A Manhattan cabbie who was stabbed Tuesday night by a Putnam County man questioned Wednesday whether the attack stemmed from the contentious debate over creating a mosque near ground zero.
Ahmed H. Sharif, 43, of Queens, was stabbed several times by Michael Enright, 21, of Southeast, N.Y., after Enright had asked Sharif if he was Muslim and the cabbie responded that he was, a police spokesman said.

When officers responded to the scene around 6:15 p.m. Tuesday, Sharif was outside the vehicle, suffering from stab wounds, after attempting to lock Enright inside the cab, a police spokesman said. Enright escaped but was captured nearby by police.

The charges against Enright include attempted murder as a hate crime.

In a statement Wednesday the from New York Taxi Workers Alliance, Sharif warned his fellow cabbies.

"Right now the public sentiment is very serious" because of the ground zero mosque debate, he said. "All drivers should be more careful."

Sharif, who was treated at Bellevue Hospital for stab wounds to his arms, throat and face, said the incident made him sad.

"I have been here more than 25 years. I have been driving a taxi more than 15 years. All my four kids were born here. I never feel this hopeless and insecure before," he said.

It was Sharif's first fare of his shift.

Enright, a 2007 graduate of Brewster High School and an aspiring filmmaker, recently returned from Afghanistan, where he filmed Marines as part of a project for the School of Visual Arts in Manhattan, where he is a student. In Afghanistan, he was embedded with a Marines Corps crew that included his fellow Brewster High graduate, Cpl. Alex Eckner.

Enright was highly intoxicated when he hailed the cab, the police spokesman said. Once inside the cab, Enright asked Sharif whether Sharif was Muslim. When Sharif responded yes, Enright stabbed him several times with some type of utility knife.

According to the statement from the Taxi Workers Alliance, Enright's conversation with Sharif started out friendly, with Enright asking the cabbie where he was from, how long he had been in America, if he was Muslim and if he was observing Ramadan.

Enright then went silent before suddenly cursing and screaming, the statement said.

He then shouted "'Assalamu Alaikum,' common among Muslims as a wish for peace, before pulling out the knife and slashing Sharif across the neck and stabbing several more times as Sharif tried to knock it out of Enright's hands, the alliance said.

Enright was charged with attempted second-degree murder as a hate crime, first-degree assault, felonies, aggravated harassment and fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon, misdemeanors. He is awaiting arraignment.

Enright also worked with Intersections International, a Manhattan-based, multifaith and multicultural effort that seeks to promote justice and peace. Messages left with the School of Visual Arts and Intersections International were not immediately returned.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-08-25-cabbie-stabbing-muslim_N.htm
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

truetrini

Re: Muslims
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 12:04:03 AM »
people in NY eh have guns or what?

Offline Ray Agostini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 12:49:24 AM »

Enright was highly intoxicated when he hailed the cab, the police spokesman said. Once inside the cab, Enright asked Sharif whether Sharif was Muslim. When Sharif responded yes, Enright stabbed him several times with some type of utility knife.

Unfortunately, a Muslim workmate of mine (I'm a cab driver) was recently physically assaulted under almost identical conditions. He was asked if he was a Muslim, and when he answered in the affirmative, was punched in the head.

I think those circulating vicious emails about Muslims, may have contributed to things like this.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 02:50:56 AM »
Really really really sad oui.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 03:33:59 AM »
people in NY eh have guns or what?
I never thought it was possible for you to EVOLVE into more of ah classless jacka$$ , but i was ultimately wrong.

PS: what if this was ah family member who converted or an inlaw out there working tirelessly tuh put food on yuh nieces and nephews table, would you still wish this devil dog had ah gun instead of ah knife tuh kill yuh muslim relative?

not every muslim is ah terrorist, nor do most muslims support or agree wid hardline so called islamic rhetoric. but of course you would'nt know anything about that now, would you?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 05:32:46 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 03:53:55 AM »
Really really really sad oui.
Allyuh favorite bleeding heart liberal sweet heart trinity cross better known as true trini didn't seem tuh share the same sentiment with you, as ah matter of fact it seemed that he ardently wished the redneck had ah gun tuh shoot this man instead of ah knife, apparently only BC he was muslim. and he says he's ah civilized human being " who supposedly believe that ALL human blood is sacred regardless of race, and is against the taking of INNOCENT LIFE"! what ah crock!!

PS: if anyone was ever innocent, was this hard workin fella who was out there trying tuh feed his family in and honest decent way, but you wished him dead BC he was ah muslim.                       classy bloke isn't he ppl.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 05:40:08 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 06:10:54 AM »

not every muslim is ah terrorist, nor do most muslims support or agree wid hardline so called islamic rhetoric. but of course you would'nt know anything about that now, would you?

check out this article by  CLIFFORD D. MAY: August 26, 2010 4:00 A.M.

Muslims + Mainstream Media = Madness

Clifford D. May is president of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, a policy institute focusing on terrorism and Islamism.

Source

Here are two quotes from the Article:

Let’s say it one more time loudly for the media moguls in the cheap  seats: Most Muslims are not terrorists. But in the 21st century, most of those slaughtering women and children in the name of religion are Muslims. This is a movement. This is a reality. And it is a problem. It ought to be seen by Muslims as very much their problem — a pathology within their community, within the “Muslim world,” within the ummah.

Instead, the richest and most powerful Islamic organizations — often financed by oil money from the Middle East — incessantly play the victim card. Daisy Khan tells ABC’s Christiane Amanpour that in America, it’s “beyond Islamophobia. It’s hate of Muslims.”

"Time [Magazine] does cite a poll that finds 46% of Americans believe Islam is more likely than other faiths to encourage violence against nonbelievers.

Goodness, why would anyone think that? Could it have something to do with the fact that there have been close to 16,000 terrorist attacks carried out in the name of Islam since 9/11? Just last month, Time had on its cover the photograph of an 18-year-old Afghan woman whose nose and ears were sliced off by members of the Taliban because she had violated Islamic religious law as they interpret it by “running away from her husband’s house.”

I have to agree with May.  It is time for the mainstream Muslims to lance the cancer in its midst.   With a few exceptions, most Muslim organizations do not seem to be actively opposing the terrorists. Perhaps they are doing it behind the scenes.  But I do not see it in my casual day-to-day perusal in the media.

So while TC aka TI comment may be seen as offensive, and this attack on a Muslim was sad, it is also sad that most terrorist acts today are committed by people who call themselves Muslims.

btw, half my family is Muslim.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 06:14:40 AM by pecan »
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 06:23:06 AM »

Clifford D. May is president of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, a policy institute focusing on terrorism and Islamism.

Source

Let’s say it one more time loudly for the media moguls in the cheap  seats: Most Muslims are not terrorists. But in the 21st century, most of those slaughtering women and children in the name of religion are Muslims. This is a movement. This is a reality. And it is a problem. It ought to be seen by Muslims as very much their problem — a pathology within their community, within the “Muslim world,” within the ummah.

Instead, the richest and most powerful Islamic organizations — often financed by oil money from the Middle East — incessantly play the victim card. Daisy Khan tells ABC’s Christiane Amanpour that in America, it’s “beyond Islamophobia. It’s hate of Muslims.”

"Time [Magazine] does cite a poll that finds 46% of Americans believe Islam is more likely than other faiths to encourage violence against nonbelievers.

Goodness, why would anyone think that? Could it have something to do with the fact that there have been close to 16,000 terrorist attacks carried out in the name of Islam since 9/11? Just last month, Time had on its cover the photograph of an 18-year-old Afghan woman whose nose and ears were sliced off by members of the Taliban because she had violated Islamic religious law as they interpret it by “running away from her husband’s house.”

I have to agree with May.  It is time for the mainstream Muslims to lance the cancer in its midst.   With a few exceptions, most Muslim organizations do not seem to be actively opposing the terrorists. Perhaps they are doing it behind the scenes.  But I do not see it in my casual day-to-day perusal in the media.

So while TC aka TI comment may be seen as offensive, and this attack on a Muslim was sad, it is also sad that most terrorist acts today are committed by people who call themselves Muslims.

hahahah that eh go help yuh yuh mudda ass...doh breaks now :D
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 06:50:19 AM »

hahahah that eh go help yuh yuh mudda ass...doh breaks now :D
[/quote]

I know ... my right of centre right wing tendencies is get in the way sometimes.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 07:13:54 AM »

*steups* you an all take dat chain up from TC?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 07:23:56 AM »

Source

So because the acts are carried out in the name of Muslims means that they are all muslims? Even so, how does that rationalise us to behave in a similar manner? This is my problem, the ability of grown folks to objectively look at the facts and decide for themselves. The television spew out a bunch of garbage about muslim and many people take it as Gospel. When the radicals cause us to change the way we do things and live in fear they are winning. They do not have to bomb somewhere to win, just cause us to act like the writer here or the guy who attacked the cab driver.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-august-25-2010/tennessee-no-evil
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 07:29:45 AM »

*steups* you an all take dat chain up from TC?

ahahahahahahaha muhahahahaaahahaz

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 08:41:54 AM »

So because the acts are carried out in the name of Muslims means that they are all muslims? Even so, how does that rationalise us to behave in a similar manner? This is my problem, the ability of grown folks to objectively look at the facts and decide for themselves. The television spew out a bunch of garbage about muslim and many people take it as Gospel. When the radicals cause us to change the way we do things and live in fear they are winning. They do not have to bomb somewhere to win, just cause us to act like the writer here or the guy who attacked the cab driver.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-august-25-2010/tennessee-no-evil

elan, you lorse me here.  i dont think  I or the writer rationalised that we can "behave in a similar mannner". 

the maint point i took from the article is that main stream muslims must stop playing the victim.  They have responsibility to change public perception instead of complaining about why they are being lumped into the same category as those bad apples -  remember, perception is 90% and reality is 10%.

we are beginning to see strong condemnation when an innocent muslim is attacked because of his faith - and rightly so.

but i do not see strong and public condemnation by mainstream islam when fudamental muslim sects hijack their religion.

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 10:00:59 AM »
The FACT that "mainstream" Islam does NOT condemn the attacks by the so-called radicals is becasue they cannot say that it is um-Islam as it is very Islamic.

That religion was born of blood!  Blood shed that is!

Thanks to Queen Macoomeh:

‎"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg

:

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 05:30:08 AM »
The FACT that "mainstream" Islam does NOT condemn the attacks by the so-called radicals is becasue they cannot say that it is um-Islam as it is very Islamic.

Look like you and I getting proving wrong .. at least in Canada ... It looks likes mainstream Muslims are speaking out.

Source: The National Post Aug 31, 2010 Editorial

Yesterday, the Islamic Supreme Council of Canada said it “strongly condemns the recently discovered terrorist plot in Canada.” Two weeks prior to the arrests, to mark the beginning of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, the Canadian Council of Imams (CCI) issued a seven-point declaration of values that strongly condemned violence.

It said:

The best Muslim is the one who is good to his/her family and neighbours and one who avoids harming others with his/her hand or tongue.

Islam does not permit the killing of innocent people, regardless of their creed, ethnicity, race, or nationality.

The sanctity of human life overrides the sanctity of religious laws. Islamic rulings do not — and should not — contradict natural laws.

According to the imams, this is the first time any national Islamic council has so forcefully and succinctly stated its opposition to killing in the name of Allah. Signed by nearly 50 prominent imams, the declaration was read out at hundreds of mosques across the country on the first Friday Sabbath of Ramadan.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 05:34:46 AM »

‎"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg

Where is the scientific proof to support that last sentence?

You mean they don't have "good" atheists who turn to evil?

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 07:55:38 AM »

Where is the scientific proof to support that last sentence?

You mean they don't have "good" atheists who turn to evil?

Good atheists are too busy making scientific contributions to better mankind's lot in life.

truetrini

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 08:10:39 AM »
Brigitte Gabriel's speech delivered at the Intelligence Summit in Washington DC

We gather here today to share information and knowledge. Intelligence is not merely cold hard data about numerical strength or armament or disposition of military forces. The most important element of intelligence has to be understanding the mindset and intention of the enemy. The West has been wallowing in a state of ignorance and denial for thirty years as Muslim extremist perpetrated evil against innocent victims in the name of Allah.

I was ten years old when my home exploded around me, burying me under the rubble and leaving me to drink my blood to survive, as the perpetrators shouted, 'Allah Akbar!' My only crime was that I was a Christian living in a Christian town. At 10 years old, I learned the meaning of the word 'infidel.'

I had a crash course in survival. Not in the Girl Scouts, but in a bomb shelter where I lived for seven years in pitch darkness, freezing cold, drinking stale water and eating grass to live. At the age of 13, I dressed in my burial clothes going to bed at night, waiting to be slaughtered. By the age of 20, I had buried most of my friends--killed by Muslims. We were not Americans living in New York , or Britons in London . We were Arab Christians living in Lebanon.

As a victim of Islamic terror, I was amazed when I saw Americans waking up on September 12, 2001, and asking themselves 'Why do they hate us?' The psychoanalyst experts were coming up with all sort of excuses as to what did we do to offend the Muslim World. But if America and the West were paying attention to the Middle East they would not have had to ask the question. Simply put, they hate us because we are defined in their eyes by one simple word: 'infidels.'

Under the banner of Islam 'la, ilaha illa Allah, muhammad

rasoulu Allah,' (None is god except Allah; Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah) they murdered Jewish children in Israel, massacred Christians in Lebanon, killed Copts in Egypt, Assyrians in Syria, Hindus in India, and expelled almost 900,000 Jews from Muslim lands. We Middle Eastern infidels paid the price then. Now infidels worldwide are paying the price for indifference and shortsightedness.

Tolerating evil is a crime. Appeasing murderers doesn't buy protection. It earns one disrespect and loathing in the enemy's eyes. Yet apathy is the weapon by which the West is committing suicide. Political correctness forms the shackles around our ankles, by which Islamist's are leading us to our demise.

America and the West are doomed to failure in this war unless they stand up and identify the real enemy: Islam. You hear about Cahaba and Salafi Islam as the only extreme form of Islam. All the other Muslims, supposedly, are wonderful moderates. Closer to the truth are the pictures of the irrational eruption of violence in reaction to the cartoons of Mohammed printed by a Danish newspaper. From burning embassies, to calls to butcher those who mock Islam, to warnings that the West be prepared for another holocaust, those pictures have given us a glimpse into the real face of the enemy. News pictures and video of these events represent a canvas of hate decorated by different nationalities who share one common ideology of hate, bigotry and intolerance derived from one source: authentic Islam. An Islam that is awakening from centuries of slumber to re-ignite its wrath against the infidel and dominate the world. An Islam which has declared 'Intifada' on the West.
America and the West can no longer afford to lay in their lazy state of overweight ignorance. The consequences of this mental disease are starting to attack the body, and if they don't take the necessary steps now to control it, death will be knocking soon. If you want to understand the nature of the enemy we face, visualize a tapestry of snakes. They slither and they hiss, and they would eat each other alive, but they will unite in a hideous mass to achieve their common goal of imposing Islam on the world.

This is the ugly face of the enemy we are fighting. We are fighting a powerful ideology that is capable of altering basic human instincts. An ideology that can turn a mother into a launching pad of death. A perfect example is a recently elected Hamas official in the Palestinian Territories who raves in heavenly joy about sending her three sons to death and offering the ones who are still alive for the cause. It is an ideology that is capable of offering highly educated individuals such as doctors and lawyers far more joy in attaining death than any respect and stature life in society is ever capable of giving them.

The United States has been a prime target for radical Islamic hatred and terror. Every Friday, mosques in the Middle East ring with shrill prayers and monotonous chants calling death, destruction and damnation down on America and its people. The radical Islamist deeds have been as vile as their words. Since the Iran hostage crisis, more than three thousand Americans have died in a terror campaign almost unprecedented in its calculated cruelty along with thousands of other citizens worldwide. Even the Nazis did not turn their own children into human bombs, and then rejoice at their deaths as well the deaths of their victims. This intentional, indiscriminate and wholesale murder of innocent American citizens is justified and glorified in the name of Islam.
America cannot effectively defend itself in this war unless and until the American people understand the nature of the enemy that we face. Even after 9/11 there are those who say that we must engage our terrorist enemies, that we must address their grievances. Their grievance is our freedom of religion. Their grievance is our freedom of speech. Their grievance is our democratic process where the rule of law comes from the voices of many not that of just one prophet. It is the respect we instill in our children towards all religions. It is the equality we grant each other as human beings sharing a planet and striving to make the world a better place for all humanity. Their grievance is the kindness and respect a man shows a woman, the justice we practice as equals under the law, and the mercy we grant our enemy. Their grievance cannot be answered by an apology for who or what we are.

Our mediocre attitude of not confronting Islamic forces of bigotry and hatred wherever they raised their ugly head in the last 30 years, has empowered and strengthened our enemy to launch a full scale attack on the very freedoms we cherish in their effort to impose their values and way of life on our civilization.

If we don't wake up and challenge our Muslim community to take action against the terrorists within it, if we don't believe in ourselves as Americans and in the standards we should hold every patriotic American to, we are going to pay a price for our delusion. For the sake of our children and our country, we must wake up and take action. In the face of a torrent of hateful invective and terrorist murder, America 's learning curve since the Iran hostage crisis is so shallow that it is almost flat. The longer we lay supine, the more difficult it will be to stand erect.

This is all coming true.

Brigitte Gabriel is an expert on the Middle East conflict and lectures nationally and internationally on the subject. She's the former news anchor of World News for Middle East television and the founder of AmericanCongressforTruth.com

truetrini

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010, 11:25:05 PM »
3 September 2010 Last updated at 19:41 ET Share this pageFacebookTwitter ShareEmail Print Radical Islam is world's greatest threat - Tony Blair
Tony Blair has been making the rounds following the publication of his memoirs Former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair has described radical Islam as the greatest threat facing the world today.

He made the remark in a BBC interview marking the publication of his memoirs.

Mr Blair said radical Islamists believed that whatever was done in the name of their cause was justified - including the use of chemical, biological or nuclear weapons.

Mr Blair, who led Britain into war in Afghanistan and Iraq, denied that his own policies had fuelled radicalism.

Continue reading the main story
Related stories
Blair memoirs 'break sale record'
Blair takes tough line on nuclear Iran
Asked about the argument that Chechens, Kashmiris, Palestinians, Iraqis and Afghans were resisting foreign occupation, he said Western polices were designed to confront radical Islamists because they were "regressive, wicked and backward-looking".

The aim of al-Qaeda in Iraq was "not to get American troops out of Baghdad [but] to destabilise a government the people of Iraq have voted for", he told the BBC's Owen Bennett Jones in a World Service interview.

'Stronger will'
 The former British leader - who now acts as the Middle East envoy for the international Quartet - said that Iran was one of the biggest state sponsors of radical Islam, and it was necessary to prevent it by any means from developing a nuclear weapon.

"We need to give a message to Iran that is very clear - that they cannot have nuclear weapons capability, and we will stop them," he said.

Mr Blair said he was not advocating military action, but simply saying no option could be taken off the table.

Iran denies pursuing a nuclear weapons programme, and insists its atomic work is for civilian purposes.

Mr Blair told the BBC his view of foreign policy had changed as a result of the 9/11 attacks: "After 11 September, rightly or wrongly, I felt the calculus of risk had changed.

"There is the most enormous threat from the combination of this radical extreme movement and the fact that, if they could, they would use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons.

"You can't take a risk with that happening."

Mr Blair said he agonised over how to respond to radical Islam and still had doubts that he was right.

These are really difficult issues, he said, but added: "This extremism is so deep that in the end they have to know that they're facing a stronger will than theirs."

Mr Blair has also expressed optimism about the prospect of peace in the Middle East. Direct talks between the Israelis and the Palestinians began in Washington on Thursday.

Speaking in Dublin, on the prime-time entertainment programme The Late Late Show, Mr Blair said he believed the Middle East peace process was similar to Northern Ireland - and would be successful.

He said: "I feel it can be settled. You just have to carry on."

There was a small anti-war protest outside the Dublin studio where the interview took place.

Mr Blair also told the Late Late Show that his successor as prime minister, Gordon Brown, remained a friend.

In his autobiography, Mr Blair said Mr Brown was "maddening", had "zero" emotional intelligence and sought to frustrate key reforms.

However, Mr Blair said there were many things he admired about Mr Brown and would "probably" still go for a drink with him.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 11:49:13 PM »
Not to stray from the topic or anything but isn't it amazing that Tony Blair could come out in the public and reveal that Gordon Brown is not one of his favourite persons but he still respects his contribution and what he has to offer..When will we ever see that level of maturity in our politicians?? Will we ever know what really transpired in that room that lead to Rowley being fired?? I highly doubt it. They don't respect our intelligence enough...That's the only way a man could come out and tell the public that he fired one of his most respected and hard working ministers in a government already lacking experience, for being a 'wajang."

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2010, 12:57:45 PM »
Not to stray from the topic or anything but isn't it amazing that Tony Blair could come out in the public and reveal that Gordon Brown is not one of his favourite persons but he still respects his contribution and what he has to offer..When will we ever see that level of maturity in our politicians?? Will we ever know what really transpired in that room that lead to Rowley being fired?? I highly doubt it. They don't respect our intelligence enough...That's the only way a man could come out and tell the public that he fired one of his most respected and hard working ministers in a government already lacking experience, for being a 'wajang."
please dude! let me randomly pick a quote from your guy:
The aim of al-Qaeda in Iraq was "not to get American troops out of Baghdad [but] to destabilise a government the people of Iraq have voted for", he told the BBC's Owen Bennett Jones in a World Service interview.
think two seconds...okay I'll give you a full minute list some reasons why al-qaeda would want to destabalize a gov't people in iraq voted for.

(time's up)
now measure up the reasons you came up with against what blair said their aim was NOT.

Did blair not try to insult your intelligence?

truetrini

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2010, 10:25:12 AM »
Schoolchildren killed in Pakistan suicide attack
At least 17 people slain in latest incident to shake nation recovering from floodsMap
 Conflict in Pakistan .Advertisement | ad info

.NBC News and news services
updated 6 minutes ago
Share Print Font: +-LAKKI MARWAT, Pakistan — A suicide bomber struck a school van, then rammed his car into a police station in northwest Pakistan on Monday killing at least 17 people, including children, police said.

Local TV footage showed emergency workers using heavy machinery to move the rubble of the mostly destroyed police station, in the strategically vital town of Lakki Marwat in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.

Books and a schoolbag could be seen in the wreckage and the twisted frames of a motorcycle and a car sat nearby. The blast also partly destroyed a neighborhood shop and a mosque.

There were conflicting reports of the death toll, with The Associated Press and NBC News reporting 17 dead, and Reuters saying at least 19 were killed.

Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province's information minister Mian Iftikhar Hussain told Reuters by telephone that among the 19 he reported dead were nine policemen and two children.  He added that the attack wounded 34 people, including 20 policemen.
..The AP reported that the incident killed nine police officers, four adult civilians, four children going to school and wounded about 40 people.  Police official Liaquat Ali told the AP that 45 police were in the building when the bomber struck.

Lakki Marwat sits on the main road and rail link between Punjab Province, Pakistan's largest and most prosperous, and the lawless North and South Waziristan tribal regions, known as major sanctuaries for militants loyal to al-Qaida and the Taliban.

A Pakistani army offensive pushed many militants out of South Waziristan in October. The militants still control much of North Waziristan, where U.S. drone aircraft have been conducting a campaign of targeted killings.

A suicide bombing several months ago killed the police chief of Lakki Marwat district, and militants have carried out a string of attacks in the area since then.   

Attacks in wake of deadly floods
Monday's incident is the latest in a wave of attacks by al-Qaida-and Taliban-linked militants that ended a relative lull in militant violence, and added to pressure on a government struggling to cope with the crisis that has displaced millions and caused widespread destruction.

The deadliest attacks targeted minority Shiite Muslims. A suicide bombing killed at least 43 Shiites at a procession in the southwestern city of Quetta on Friday. Two days earlier, a triple suicide attack killed 35 people at a Shiite ceremony in the eastern city of Lahore.

Only on msnbc.com Democrats can maintain control, Plouffe says
Laughs from the road: Readers' funny travel pics
Family of copper heiress asks court to protect her
Some cities sink boozy parties on public waters
What can Mickey Mouse teach you about yourself?
..The Pakistani Taliban, which the U.S. government officially labeled a foreign terrorist organizations last week, claimed responsibility for the bombings. The group's commander, Qari Hussain Mehsud, threatened Friday that his group would wage imminent attacks in the U.S. and Europe.

On the same day, Pakistani intelligence officials said two suspected U.S. missile strikes had killed at least seven people in North Waziristan, which is largely controlled by the Haqqani network, one of the main groups battling Americans in neighboring Afghanistan.

Aside from its battles against homegrown militants, Pakistan is under U.S. pressure to tackle Afghan Taliban fighters who cross the border from Pakistan's tribal areas to attack U.S.-led NATO troops.

Reuters and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Story continues below More below

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Innocence of Muslims
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 11:47:53 AM »
Has anybody seen the vid that cause all the uproar in middle east? 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MAiOEV0v2RM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MAiOEV0v2RM</a>
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 11:52:24 AM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Innocence of Muslims
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2012, 11:53:45 AM »
Boy you lookin for some men to cyber bun dong Flex and TM embassy or wha?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 11:58:57 AM »
  ;D Well ah wanted to get people views on it. But they can delete or edit the thread as they want too
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 03:36:06 PM »
I saw it. Fit for Saturday Night Live. Then again, I am not a Muslim. I have seen enough stuff made about Jesus and Christian saints. I would not even blink an eye. My mantra is freedom of religeon and freedom from religeon. If everybody follow that, we will be singing Kumbaya in the long run.

I remember seeing a movie called the Agony and the Ecstacy. Pope Julius2 on horseback in full battle gear and sword in hand riding with calvary and "pooyahing" all those against him. He is also the pope who commissioned Michalangelo to do the paintings in the Sistine Chapel. He also had a child out of wedlock.

In the film The Agony and the Ecstasy about the life of Michelangelo, Julius is vividly portrayed as a soldier-pope by Rex Harrison. The film is a dramatization based upon the book of the same name by Irving Stone.

In the TV series The Borgias, the then-Cardinal della Rovere is portrayed by Colm Feore.

In the video game Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Pope Julius II orders the arrest of Cesare Borgia for crimes of "murder, betrayal, and incest."[23] He also appears in a bigger role in the novel of the same name, appointing the main character Ezio Auditore da Firenze as a counselor and allying himself with the Assassin Order.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:50:34 PM by Deeks »

AirMan

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2012, 05:22:08 PM »

Muslim sensitivies around Prophet Mohammed

Violence over depictions of the Prophet Mohammed may mystify many non-Muslims, but it speaks to a central tenet of Islam... http://myvoicetv.net/ambassadors-killing-shines-light-on-muslim-sensitivities-around-prophet-mohammed/

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2012, 05:36:07 PM »
I saw it. Fit for Saturday Night Live. Then again, I am not a Muslim. I have seen enough stuff made about Jesus and Christian saints. I would not even blink an eye. My mantra is freedom of religeon and freedom from religeon. If everybody follow that, we will be singing Kumbaya in the long run.

I remember seeing a movie called the Agony and the Ecstacy. Pope Julius2 on horseback in full battle gear and sword in hand riding with calvary and "pooyahing" all those against him. He is also the pope who commissioned Michalangelo to do the paintings in the Sistine Chapel. He also had a child out of wedlock.

In the film The Agony and the Ecstasy about the life of Michelangelo, Julius is vividly portrayed as a soldier-pope by Rex Harrison. The film is a dramatization based upon the book of the same name by Irving Stone.

In the TV series The Borgias, the then-Cardinal della Rovere is portrayed by Colm Feore.

In the video game Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Pope Julius II orders the arrest of Cesare Borgia for crimes of "murder, betrayal, and incest."[23] He also appears in a bigger role in the novel of the same name, appointing the main character Ezio Auditore da Firenze as a counselor and allying himself with the Assassin Order.

This is a good education for muslims and nonmuslims, not the movie but the intent. the fact that they could paint muhammad in such a light, there's no telling how far the zionist and christian missionaries would go to portray islam in a horrible light.

these muslims who making ah stink over this played right into the hands of the schmucks who purposefully made this antagonistic movie, the intent was to antagonize and out rage the thin skinned "so call" muslims so they could go berserk, it's just what the doctor ordered.

according to brando, the zionist love to portray every one in ah facked up light with their stereotypes, except the jew himself. the fact is that since the jews entered palestine as early as the twenties, they never stopped making mischief especially with muslims.

they wanted the land for themselves and they would do whatever it took even if it meant showing up the muslim world to the rest of the world as horrendously as possible.

right now the jews wants to show the world that they have a right to the land they stole and by showing up the original occupants of the land as savages (hmmmm, where did i see that before?) unfit to govern themselves they should be supervised! by God knows who? the zionist regime themselves of course.

two groups in particular have an interest in destabilizing the mideast which happens to be predominantly muslim, the jews (zionist) who wants the whole land of al kuds for themselves and would stop @ nothing to achieve their goal, and the christian west, who over the yrs have seen the number of christians dwindle to an all time low due to the number of converts from christian to muslim,

that and the fact that the fertile crescent have a great amount of resources under their soil that the west wants to exploit. if allyuh feel is just oil under the arabian soil, then think again! it have gold diamond and other minerals waiting to be exploited.

from the yemen all the way to iran is nothing but goodies that the zionist and western powers can't wait to put their hands on it, and would stop @ nothing until they have it in their hands.

as for the movie about muhammad, if i was those muslims i would not lose an ounce of sleep over the guile of the foolish, after all in the quran there's a verse that says, when the ignorant (foolish) address you (in an ignorant manner) say to them "peace" (and keep it moving).

every muslim know that all they say about muhammad was a lie. they (the west) make these pre islamic arabs seem like they were innocent god fearing people who was hopeless victims of a mad deranged murderous power hungry womanizing over lord, when in truth the pre islamic arabs were a vicious wicked vile race of ppl who lived by the sword with their clandestine inner circles and all out rivalries and sub tribal wars.

being idol mongers was the least of their haneous traits, they robbed, murdered for the smallest of infringements, buried their young daughters alive, they raped, kept slaves and pillaged and robbed on the highways, these people were not saints as the west would make them out to be.

when muhammad came with the message of islam, the ppl who followed him (the muslims) were picked on, victimized , chased off their land and in most cases lost all their possessions, some even moved as far as abbyssinia to escaped prosecution.

muhammad himself had to run to yathrib after the death of his uncle who was the chief of the qurysh tribe (which he belonged), muhammad no longer had the protection of his uncle so he migrated (made hijra) to yathrib where he was accepted. mind you, all this muhammad did without lifting a sword to fight or defend himself.

the vicious meccans pursued him all the way there to yathrib in order to assassinate him ( they even went to abyssinia to bring home the followers who moved there so they could kill them or subject them to torture ), that's when the commandment came down to him to "fight the unbelievers and kill them where soever you find them until persecution is no more and diin is purely for allah (religion, right way)".

now the non muslims and zionist love to make muhammad the monster, but they forget to tell the whole story, of how the jews of his time plotted with the meccans qurysh to assassinate muhammad, they even went as far as to poison him, and to some extent, implored witch craft.

same with these american so called christian, they fail to teach of their horror filled pass, but bring everyone elses to light.

now that the whiteman of today is free of his pass, so he finds it OK to air someone elses dirt. but the truth will always out shine false hood no matter how hard they try.

OH OH i think i spy true trini coming on his big white horse with silver sword in hand to cut through the crap and set the record straight!   brace for cusspack......aaaaah mean impact.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:54:27 PM by just cool »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2012, 05:10:53 AM »
Deeks yuh being unfair to SNL. That piece of shit video has no art, humour or intelligence to it. It just mean spirited and dopey.

That being said the reaction to is is inexcusable. JC you can’t label it as “so called muslims” because it is not about the individuals. It is about whole societies that include religion as a central theme of governance and daily life having systemic issues with education and tolerance that will always have this type of reaction.

I have been fairly equivocal in the past on the religion thing because I understand it fills an important gap in people’s lives and is intensely personal. But it should,stay personal and should never have any impact on public life. When you reference 2000 year-old texts written by people with a a fraction of the historical, scientific and sociological knowledge that we have today you will end up with a dopey, uneducated society with lack of freedom, opportunity and a low standard of living. Full stop.

This is not a Muslim thing. The christian right would have the US in the same state of idiocy if you let the Bible be the foundation for government. You just have to look at the state of education, healthcare and economics ion Bible belt states compared to more secular parts of the US.

Or you could also look at Turkey, a “westernized” mainly Muslim country  to see how well it works compared to all the others.

There is no middle ground on this shit for me anymore.

Once you come to me debating some structural societal or government issue and I referencing original thought, accumulated scientific thinking, human history and sociology and you referencing a 2000-year old book of ‘nansi stories I telling yuh franckoment to ride to f**k out.

Make some room on that wagon TT because I jumping on.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 05:25:00 AM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2012, 05:16:47 AM »
I just wasted 13 mins and 51 seconds of my life.....steups!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>