March 28, 2024, 04:11:55 AM

Author Topic: National Primary School Atlantic Football League Thread.  (Read 28197 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: National Primary Schools Football League Thread.
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2013, 03:05:05 AM »
Mason Hall whip St Mary’s Home.
T&T Express Reports.

Tobago champions Mason Hall showed their quality when they easily defeated St George East Under-15 winners St Mary’s Home 4-0 in the quarter-final round of the Atlantic Primary School Under 15 competition on Tuesday.

Mason Hall led 2-0 at half time and confirmed their place in the semis with two more strikes in the second half. The national title looks to be staying in Tobago based on this display.

Port of Spain champions, Carenage Girls Government, fell to Caroni giants and former national champs Longdenville Government. Longdenville went into the lead in the 10th minute when the Carenage custodian misjudged a shot from Abeola Abraham and watched it roll into the net. Aaliyah Adams made it 2-0 three minutes later.

The Carenage team squandered away at least five more chances before the half ended.

In the second period it was all Carenage as they bombarded the Longdenville goal but continued to miss the target. However, Natisha Jules finally got her name on the scoresheet in the 30th minute before Abraham converted to give her team a two-goal cushion.

Carenage fought on bravely but missed another five chances to walk off the field 1-3 losers.

Meanwhile, Moruga RC atoned for their boys’ defeat by Sacred Heart Boys with a 4-0 drubbing of Penal RC, while Vos Government kept up the great form of the Victoria schools with a polished display in dismissing Manzanilla Government 3-0.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2013, 03:20:16 AM »
Yorke scores for Arima
T&T Guardian Reports.

Tobago under-15 champions Whim Anglican marched on to the semifinal round of the Atlantic National Primary School Football League when they defeated La Brea RC 2-0 at Guaracara Park, in Marabella on Thursday.

Whim Anglican went into the lead in the 17th minute through Ajahne Tony before stretching their lead in the second half through a strike by Tareek Richards, as the quarterfinal round of the Atlantic Primary School Under-15 competition concluded.

At the Arima Velodrome, Dwight Yorke fired in the first goal for Arima Boys RC in their 2-0 victory over Mayaro RC. The former champion got their second item from Jael Manson in the 40th minute. Port-of-Spain Champions Eastern Boys Government rained goals on Victoria Champion Vos Government.

The former national champions who have not won a championship since the late ’70s now look set to return to the winner’s enclosure. Jaheem Cudjoe scored three for Eastern Boys with Jahil James getting two and Kidane Lewis netting once. In the final game of the quarter-final Valencia RC outplayed Couva South Government 3-0, to race into the semifinal.

Results

1. Whim Anglican (2) Vs La Brea RC (0)

2: Valencia RC (3) Vs Couva South Gov't (0)

3. Mayaro RC (0) Vs  Arima Boys RC (2)

4: Eastern Boys Govt (6) Vs VOS Gov't (0)

Mason Hall whips St Mary’s

Tobago girls champion Mason Hall showed why they are the champions of the sister isle when they easily defeated St George East under-15 champion St Mary Home by 4-0 in the quarterfinal round of the Atlantic Primary School Under 15 competition.

Mason Hall led 2-0 at the half and looked certain to go on to the semifinal with another two strikes in the second half. The national title looks to be staying in Tobago based on this display. Port-of-Spain Champions Carenage Girls’ Government fell to Caroni giants and former national champions Longdenville Government.

Longdenville went into the lead in the 10th minute when the Carenage custodian misjudged a shot from Abeola Abraham and watch it roll onto her net. Aaliyah Adams made it 2-0 three minutes after.

The Carenage team began to march forward and squandered away at least five chances before the half ended. In the second half it was all Carenage as they bombarded the Longdenville goall but continued to miss with Natisha Jules being the main culprit.

Jules finally got her name on the scoresheet in the 30th minutes before Abraham converted to give her team a two-goal cushion. Carenage fought on barvely but missed another five chances to walk off the field 1-3 losers.

Moruga RC atoned for their boy’s defeat by Sacred Heart Boys with a 4-0 drubbing of Penal RC while Vos Government kept up the great work form of the Victoria Schools with a polished display in dismissing Manzanilla Government 3-0. The Under 15 Boys will take to the field tomorrow at three venues over T&T.

Today’s Fixtures

1. Whim Anglican vs La Brea Rc—Guaracara Park—10.00am
2: Valencia RC  Vs Couva South Gov't—Arima Vel—10.00am
3. Mayaro RC  Vs  Arima Boys RC—Arima Vel—11.15 am
4: Eastern Boys Gov't  Vs VOS Govt—H C Stadium—10.00am

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2013, 03:05:23 AM »
Mason Hall strolls into U-15 girls final.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Kelisha Grant scored three goals to guide Mason Hall to the Girls Under-15 final of the Atlantic National Primary School Championship yesterday after a 4-0 victory over Vos Government in the semifinals at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo.

Grant opened the scoring for the team from the sister-isle firing past the Vos custodian in the seventh minute. Three minutes later, she double the score which remained 2-0 until the half.

In the second session, Andrea Sylvan slotted in another for Mason Hall before Grant ended the demolition of Vos.

Two days ago, Moruga RC won its way to the final when they defeated Longdenville Government 2-0 at Guaracara Park, in Marabella. National favourites and Tobago champions Mason Hall defeated Vos Government 4-0 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Last year, the title was won the Tobago’s Pentecostal Light Ministry and this year Mason Hall looks a ‘cert’ to continue the winning tradition of the teams from Tobago.

Results [Under 15 Girls]

Mason Hall 4 (Kelisha Grant 3, Andrea Sylvan) vs Vos Gov't 0

Today’s Semifinals [Under-15 Boys]

Whim AC vs Arima Boys RC, Shaw Park, Tobago, 10 am
Valencia RC vs Eastern Boys, Hasely Crawford Stadium, 10 am

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2013, 03:03:59 AM »
Eastern Boys, Whim advance in Atlantic football.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Eastern Boys Government School, yesterday continued its triumphant march toward the national final of the 2013 Atlantic National Primary Schools Football League, when the team thrashed Valencia Government RC, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

The Port-of-Spain team, which eased to victory, raced into an early lead when Kidane Lewis struck his free kick past the Kelvern Celestine in the Valencia Gov’t RC post in the opening minutes of the encounter. Giovanni Gordon doubled the score in the 23rd minute with a well placed shot to put his team in the ascendency.

On the resumption, Valencia pressed forward and should have pulled one back goal due to poor defensive work by the Eastern Boys but the chance was wasted.

Though pressed by Valencia, the champion of the capital city responded with a quick break, before Jahlil James scored to make it 3-0. James was again on the mark in the 50th minute when he got his double by placing the ball in the left corner of the net.

The second semi-final in Tobago saw a postponement as the venue, Shaw Park was waterlogged. After the Fire Service arrived to pump water off the surface, host Whim Anglican faced Eastern giant Arima Boys RC, for the second spot in the final. In the end, Whim reigned supreme, winning the match 6-3 to book a spot in next Wednesday’s title match against Eastern Boys Goverment.

Read More

« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 03:15:30 AM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2013, 02:47:29 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/E5nIlDkEE4Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/E5nIlDkEE4Q</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Any one else saw the primary schools national finals today?
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2013, 07:11:18 PM »
Went up to the Stadium to view the top teams in primary schools football and was a bit dumbfounded at what is happening at that critical age group. That said the young Tunapuna team has some promising players for sure. On a positive note, saw both Anton and coach Hart up there checking it out. Great to see the big men in our football checking out the youths...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Any one else saw the primary schools national finals today?
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2013, 08:11:07 PM »
You have not told us what you were dumbfounded about.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2013, 05:08:20 PM »
TTFA presents 'one world' footballs to primary schools.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association commenced its distribution process of the indestructible  footballs to local schools at the Finals of the Atlantic LNG Primary Schools Finals at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Wednesday.

Twenty-one schools received twenty footballs each which TTFA Technical Director Anton Corneal says will aid in the development of the game at the respective schools. Corneal conducted “C’ License Coaching Courses for several Primary School Coaches this year in a collaborated effort with Atlantic LNG.

Representative from each of the schools received boxes of footballs from a presentation party that included Corneal, National Senior Team head coach Stephen Hart and TTFA General Secretary Sheldon Phillips. The distribution process will continue in coming weeks at various points in the country.

“This will go a long way in promoting the sport and the playing of the game at the various schools throughout the country,” Corneal told TTFA Media.

“What we noticed was there was an obvious need for more equipment at this level and these balls through an initiative between One World Futbol and the TTFA came at an ideal time as it falls directly in line with our youth development program.

”I think it’s going to help in a lot of ways. Some of the schools had two or three footballs which was not enough.

It’s a first where we have ever given so many balls to schools or communities, These balls will also be used in our grassroots program, In a few weeks we have a shoreline program where we go to places like Mayaro, Icacos. Toco and other areas will receive manuals and coaching courses will be conducted in these areas,” Corneal added.

The partnership with One World Futbol came out of an initial discussion between the organization and former Technical Director Lincoln Phillips after which One World presented 15,000 balls to the TTFA.

“It was a fantastic opportunity today with the Atlantic LNG Primary Schools Finals at the Hasely Crawford Stadium and with our offices now on location, for us to introduce the ball program to the schools and to have the students actually present here at the grand finals. Fifteen thousand balls were received from One World Futbol through the efforts of former Technical Director Lincoln Phillips,” General Secretary Phillips added.

Atlantic LNG  Primary Schools League coordinator David Thomasos commended the TTFA for its contribution.

“This will be of tremendous benefit to the primary schools and will go a long way to developing the talent at the Primary schools level. I was pleasantly surprised by this great initiative from the TTFA and I hope we can continue working in this way towards developing the game at this level,” Thomasos said.

Among the schools that received footballs on Wednesday were San Fernando Boys RC, Valencia RC, Sacred Hearts Boys RC, La Romain RC, Whim AC, Moruga RC, Eastern Boys Government, Cowen Hamilton, St Gabriel’s Boys RC, Mason Hall Government, Longdenville Government, St David’s RC, Chaguanas RC, Santa Flora AC, Tunupuna Boys FC, Petit Valley Boys RC, Vos Government, Carenage Girls Government, Richmond Street Boys AC, Arima Boys RC and St Agnes Anglican AC.

The One World Futbol is a nearly indestructible ball that never needs a pump and never goes flat—even when punctured multiple times. Whether for use at the beach, on the street, at home or on the roughest landscapes in the world.

The One World Futbol Project and Chevrolet have partnered to bring the joy of soccer and play to youth around the world. Chevrolet has pledged to donate 1.5 million One World Futbols over three years through our network of organizations working with disadvantaged communities around the world.

“Together we share the belief that soccer not only brings people together through the excitement of the game, but also helps heal and rebuild communities impacted by war, disasters and poverty. We’re excited to welcome Chevrolet as our founding sponsor–together we can positively influence millions more lives with the simple power of a durable ball” One World Futbol stated.

The One World Futbol Project, of which Chevrolet is a founding sponsor, was inspired in 2006. One World Futbol inventor Tim Jahnigen was watching news footage about traumatized refugee youth in Darfur playing soccer on dirt using a ball they had made by tying trash together with twine.

In that instant, Tim saw that these kids had such strong, indestructible spirits and felt they deserved better. He realized there was a global need for a nearly indestructible ball that could withstand the harsh conditions often faced by youth living in refugee camps, disaster areas and other disadvantaged communities.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2013, 07:58:23 PM »
Keep up the good work fellas
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2013, 10:27:18 PM »

Let's just say that the quality of the teams and the overall display is something that should be of great concern to anyone who is interested in youth development. These kids are suppose to represent the best that we have to offer and it astounding what happening on the pitch. I doh want to be like plenty people who criticize for no reason, that is not my thing, but something needs to be done. Like I mentioned Tunapuna was nice and the Eastern team had one or two kids who showed great little flashes, but overall - it was difficult to see something positive. Coaching also appears to be big problem and I not talking players unable to break down a team in the final third or whatever, ah talking the ball in the opposing teams' six yard box and all of the defender standing in their own 18 yard box kinda thing. Nevertheless, congrats to the all the teams that eventually got that far. These are moments that you never forget as young footballers...

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2013, 06:15:04 AM »

Let's just say that the quality of the teams and the overall display is something that should be of great concern to anyone who is interested in youth development. These kids are suppose to represent the best that we have to offer and it astounding what happening on the pitch. I doh want to be like plenty people who criticize for no reason, that is not my thing, but something needs to be done. Like I mentioned Tunapuna was nice and the Eastern team had one or two kids who showed great little flashes, but overall - it was difficult to see something positive. Coaching also appears to be big problem and I not talking players unable to break down a team in the final third or whatever, ah talking the ball in the opposing teams' six yard box and all of the defender standing in their own 18 yard box kinda thing. Nevertheless, congrats to the all the teams that eventually got that far. These are moments that you never forget as young footballers...
     Although i appreciate your thoughts and views,i think you were looking a bit to far ahead,it's T&T kids we taking about,i thought you  would be dumbfounded at the level of skills of these kids,i always say at this age the emphasis must be basic skills,how are we going to deal with tactics if kids have no skills.   

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2013, 12:31:08 PM »
When 90 percent of the kids out there are content to simply swing dey foot at the ball for 90 percent of the game, it's not about "looking to far ahead." The comment about kids being in their own area when the ball in the next teams 18 yard area on a full
size pitch speaks to the possible lack of coaching, not really that important I suppose, but the last game in the finals included the U15 age group which would have consisted of boys over 12, some of them look like they could have been about 15. If players who have reached a national final are being told that its okay to neglect their technique, then that's a problem. Hell I went up looking to see some "just raw talent" and nothing more...as I mentioned
Tunapuna was nice, played with confidence, had players who could take on when necessary and their little sweeper was very composed and made great decisions. I was told that both Ancil Elock and Travis work with
this group and it shows ( I believe that most of them train in his Academy). If you saw they games, you might feel a bit different. Anyway, this is exactly what I did not want to do which is sound like I being overly critical because I understand the constraints that affect the development of our players...but I am just expressing genuine concern. The
Big Man in the football also agrees that something has to be done as well, I also hope that Anton has a plan as well, I know he doh have money to run programs etc. but we have to come better than this.
Maybe he may have to hire ah salesman to sell his programs to corporate Trinidad for funding. There are people out there willingly to fund football as I am coming to find out, however, they want a little assurance that their money is being well spent...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 12:35:49 PM by amwood »

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2013, 08:33:54 PM »
Creating a team to win and youth level is different from football development

To assume that the best players will be on the best teams will be in the finals would seem obvious to most

When in fact it is not even close to being true

The bigger question is can we find 50 or so players from the 50 or so teams and then expose those players to advanced training with the home that one day they might contribute to the youth team.

Primary schools playing against different primary schools is a waste of time.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2014, 07:27:38 AM »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Atlantic commits $300,000 to primary schools football league.
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2015, 07:24:35 AM »
Coach Mulvey impressed with talent pool
By JOEL BAILEY (NEWSDAY).

EAMON MULVEY, coach of the Manchester United Football Club Foundation Phase, admitted yesterday that he is impressed with the talent he has seen here in Trinidad and Tobago, during the Atlantic Football and Life Skills Development Camp.

Following a session at the Queen’s Park Oval in St Clair, Mulvey, who conducted the camp along with compatriot Kevin Ward, said, “every time we come, we see lots of raw potential, athleticism in players - girls and boys.” He continued, “technically, you can see they’re trying to develop and get more structure in place.

At Man United, we’re lucky because we have the boys four times a week and we can do a lot more with them. You can see the development in a short space of time and you can see they’re improving as we go along.” Concerning the 2015 Development Camp, Mulvey related, “this weekend has been really good.

One of the reasons why we come back is because it’s organised.

It’s not about the monies, it’s about the camps, giving opportunities for children - to play football, to go into a hotel, to have life skills which can help them (with) fundamentals for when they get older.

“I just think the camp each year runs well. This year has been fun, the kids are having a great time and, after a full weekend of football, it’s a lot going on.” He pointed out that this trip was his “(fifth) time with the Atlantic Development Camp but I’ve been here for the last eight years.

“I came over the first two years with Dion La Foucade School and I had a really good time, I enjoyed it. I’ve had experience working with the children and I’m enjoying it really.” There were a few football matches which took place on the main field at the Oval. The Atlantic Boys team hammered Dunross 6-0 and won a high-scoring affair against Queen’s Park 13-6. The Atlantic Girls team were not so lucky, as they lost 1-0 to both the Bartholomew Coaching Academy and St Agnes Primary School.

Camp official Kelvin Nancoo was also high in praise of the programme.

“All and all, (there were) very good performances,” he said.

“I hope they keep these teams for the benefit of Trinidad and Tobago football. The TTFA (Trinidad and Tobago Football Association) should do something.”

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2015, 03:43:15 AM »
It's discouraging that after all these years that these coaches have been coming to Trinidad they have never once invited a single player to England to experience the training environment at MAN U...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2015, 03:54:08 AM »
It's discouraging that after all these years that these coaches have been coming to Trinidad they have never once invited a single player to England to experience the training environment at MAN U...

I said the same thing on facebook.

They fooling we dotish people.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2015, 07:37:48 AM »
"on yuh oil and natural resources, dem foreign parasites dwell" Brother Valentino
He Is Highly

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2015, 02:26:12 PM »
Inviting players was not the purpose of this programme.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2015, 04:12:31 PM »
Inviting players was not the purpose of this programme.

While it might be true it wasn't the intention, given how enamored they seem to be with our raw talent it isn't beyond reason to feel like an invitation is well past due.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2015, 11:25:18 AM »
they were pleased with a few of the players.
nice attitude etc

But they would probably have to recommend when they go back and depends on if the heads at Man U interested in taking up that idea.

Good to see programs like this tho where corporate Trinidad have utilized the links made by coaches such as Lafoucaude in the past

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2015, 07:03:00 AM »
Primary School footballers learn the ‘Man United way’ at Atlantic camp
T&T Newsday Reports.

After a weekend of training with two coaches from Manchester United Academy, which also included motivational lectures by two local Olympic athletes, the top 50 primary school footballers of Trinidad and Tobago have learned the “Manchester United way” – becoming more skilled in problem-solving in both football and their everyday lives.

The 25 boys and 25 girls were taking part in the annual Atlantic/Manchester United Football and Life Skills Development Camp, which was held December 11-14 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium and the Queen’s Park Oval, and concluded in a Prize-Giving Ceremony at the Digicel IMAX Cinema. The camp aims to develop the football skills of the top fifty players in the annual Atlantic National Primary Schools Football League and additionally targets the children’s life management skills. This year’s life management sessions were facilitated by the Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee (TTOC) and focused on respect, integrity and teamwork.

Camille Salandy, Head of Sustainability and Corporate Communications at Atlantic, said the annual camp brought each season’s top players together under the tutelage of experienced international- level football coaches who helped to strengthen the foundation for the children’s future success in the sport and their school careers.

“The Football and Life Skills Development Camp runs over three days, and it is a solid exposure for the children which is both intensive and fun, imparting long-lasting lessons that they can take back into their game, into their class rooms, and even into their families,” Salandy said. “Atlantic has partnered with the Manchester United coaches, the Primary Schools Football League and the Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee to create this opportunity, and this camp helps to build up the talent pool of footballers who will advance to more senior levels of the game.”

Lead Coach for the Camp, Eamon Mulvey, who has been on Manchester United’s coaching team for over ten years, said the Camp was a genuine programme of development for the children, which was obviously bearing fruit, given the fact that some of the inaugural Camp’s participants from 2009 were now playing at the national level.

“One thing that we found that works on the Camp is that we give the children empowerment, not just tell them what to do,” Mulvey said. “So what we try and do is we encourage them to try make the decisions and problem solve. We give them responsibility and let them learn from their own mistakes. That’s what we do with the players in our club: make decisions about how you’re going to play, and learn from those decisions.

You end up with problem solver players.” Manchester United Assistant Coach Kevin Ward further described the “Manchester United way” as “coaches in the shadows”, rather than being at the forefront dictating actions to players.

“Rather than dictate – do this, do this – we ask: what do you think? Why do you think you should do that?” Ward said.

“We’re finding out what’s inside the children, and they come up with some great ideas, and then we get 50 coaches and not just 50 players. It becomes based on the ideas of the children.” This year’s camp featured motivational lectures by two of Atlantic Sports Ambassadors: Olympic and World Champion swimmer George Bovell III; and Olympic sprinter Richard Thompson. Both Olympians detailed how they overcame adversity to achieve their sporting goals and Olympic success.

This year’s Camp also featured Special Exhibition Games played at the Queen’s Park Oval. For these games, the Camp’s participants challenged some of the leading teams in this year’s Atlantic National Primary Schools Football League. In the stands cheering on the children were Bovell, Thompson and two other Atlantic Sports Ambassadors: cricketers Merissa Aguilleira and Sunil Narine.

The Manchester United coaches’ training method was endorsed by participants Emmanuel Thomas (Eastern Boys Govt) and Queen Jacent (Vance River RC). Thomas, who was awarded the Camp’s prize for Most Outstanding Player, called the coaches “very kind men”.

“I liked when they taught us how to dribble and pass the ball in the correct way and I also liked how they showed us how to play against each other,” Thomas said.

Jacent, named the Girl Player with the Best Personality, also praised the patience of the coaches, and explained that she liked the interaction with children from other schools. “The coaches taught us things that we did not know before, like taking the time to learn the correct thing, and taking the time to do it,” she said.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
St. Agnes win two, lose one
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2016, 08:37:20 AM »
St. Agnes win two, lose one
T&T Express

IT took 24 penalties to stop St Agnes Anglican School of St James, from writing themselves into the annals of primary schools football history yesterday, when the Port of Spain & Environs Education District Atlantic Football League finals were contested at Fatima College Ground in Mucurapo.

St Agnes Anglican were attempting to become the first team to win all the categories in the Atlantic sponsored football competition but faltered at the final hurdle, the boys Under 15 final.

Earlier in morning, with over 400 cheering fans and supporters, St Agnes won the Under-12 Boys finals over defending champions Dunross ‘Prep’. Jelani Cox got the winning goal in the 11th minute when blasted the ball past Ethan Hong in the Dunross citadel.

St Agnes also won the Under-15 Girls title for the sixth time in seven years, when a ninth minute Mariah Williams goal proved to be the winner.

With two victories under their belt, St Agnes went into the final game against Carenage Boys Government School confident of victory, but found themselves trailing 2-0 at the interval. Hakim Farray and Kelon Edwards were the marksmen for the eight-times Port of Spain champions.

However, in the second session, St Agnes Anglican came alive and hit back with two goals from Dante Goddard and Jelani Cox. This forced the game into extra time and that did little to change the result. But it took 24 penalties to give the Carenage school the Atlantic Under-15 Boys trophy.

RESULTS:
Under 12 Boys Final
St Agnes AC 1 Dunross ‘Prep’ 0

Under 15 Girls Finals:
St Agnes AC 1 Diamond Vale Gov’t Primary 0

Under 15 Boys Final
St Agnes AC 2 Carenage Boys Gov’t 2 (FULL TIME)
Carenage Boys Gov’t won 9-8 on penalty kicks.

WATCH: Carenage Boys disappoints St. Agnes Anglican’s plans for treble in the Atlantic Primary Schools Football League

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iV61y-nHIhw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iV61y-nHIhw</a>

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2016, 03:10:05 PM »
They should let theses kids play with smaller goals
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2016, 07:01:27 PM »
Agree!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: National Primary School Atlantic Football League Thread
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2016, 04:43:58 PM »
Sando Boys, Siparia impress.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Last year’s Atlantic Under 12 Boys Champions San Fernando Boys RC, started their title defence in impressive fashion when they whipped Sangre Grande Government School 3-0 at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella yesterday, when action in the National Primary School Atlantic Football League quarterfinals kicked off.

Last year, San Fernando Boys RC captured its first title after winning the Under-12 trophy at the expense of Enterpise Government in a thriller.

In an effort to regain their honours a year later, Sahri Mitchell put the reigning champions into the lead in the 11th-minute and the scores remained unchanged at the interval.

However, after the resumption San Fernando Boys went into overdrive and scored two more times through Quasi Vincent in the 27th-minute and Gerrard Cooper added another four minutes later to put the match beyond Sangre Grande reach and secured the South team place in the final-four.

Earlier, Siparia Boys edged Fifth Company Baptist 2-1 to earn the right to move on to the semi-final phase.The goal-scorers for Siparia Boys RC was Levi Jones and Vaughn Clement with Nathaniel John pulling one back for Fifth Company Baptist.

At the Marvin Lee Stadium in Macoya, Whim Anglican of Tobago had to pull out all the stops to beat the St George East Champions La Pastora Government in what was an exciting contest.

At half-time the score was goalless. In the second session each scored a goal and the score was tied at 1-1 at regulation time. Extra -time could not break the deadlock and it was sudden death penalty kick which gave the team from the sister isle the win after penalty kick saw them dead-locked at 2-2.

In the final match of the double-header, Port of Spain Champion St Agnes Anglican romped to a comfortable 3-0 victory over last year's finalist Enterprise Government. Jebari Cox put the Port of Spain Champions ahead in the fifth-minute before Jardel Goddard doubled the score five minutes later. In the second session Donte Goddard added the third to secure his team’s semi-final appearance.

Today, the Under-15 girls are in action at two venues in Trinidad.

Vance River RC will play Bon Air Gov't at 9:30am in the first game of the double-header at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium.

Mon Repos RC of Victoria will play Moruga RC of South Eastern Education District in the second game of a double header at Manny Ramjohn Stadium at 11:00am.

St Agnes Anglican will host Sangre Grande Government at Fatima Ground at 10:00am.

YESTERDAY’S RESULT

n Whim AC 1 Vs La Pastora (0) Penalty Kicks

n San Fernando Boys RC (3) Vs Sangre Grande Gov't (0)

n Siparia Boys RC (2) Vs Fifth Company Baptist (1)

n St Agnes AC Vs Enterprise Gov't (0)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Goals galore in Atlantic Football
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2016, 10:19:27 AM »
Goals galore in Atlantic Football
T&T Newsday

CHAMPIONS Bon Accord Girls’ Government blasted their way into this year’s semi-finals of the Atlantic- sponsored National Primary Schools Football League with a 12-0 victory over Chaguanas RC.On a day when 37 goals were scored, the Tobago girls, playing at home, never allowed Chaguanas RC into the game with Delicia Nicholson firing in four goals, Jennifer Maxime four, Diamond Arthur two and Treselle Thomas the other. The Bon Accord boys also advanced, but had to work hard for a 3-1 triumph over Carenage Government.

The Tobago boys took the lead aafter 21 minutes when Damian Forde found the nets, but shortly after the halftime interval, Hakim Farray drew the Port of Spain team level.

It was all Bon Accord in the final 20 minutes, however, as Nigel Burnett and Tyreke Carrington scored.

At the Marvin Lee Stadium, Arima Bnoys RC swamped St Thomas RC of Mayaro 11-0 to also advance.

Tyrise Frontin netted a hat-trick, Kerron Hodge two while O’Neil Hepburn, Kyle Lalloo, Sherlon Lynch, Kylon Marcelle, Ashwold Rosado and Damiel Hamilton added one each.

In the second game of a double header, San Fernando Boys RC shut out Sangre Grande Government 3-0 on a double by Tyrise Griffith and another from Keon Edwards. And at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Enterprise Government marched into the semi-finals with a 6-0 drubbing of St Dominic’s RC of Penal.

Tobago champions Whim Anglican meet San Fernando Boys in one semi-final while Bon Accord take on Bon Air Government in the Under-12 category.

And Under-15 defending champions Bon Accord face Arima Boys RC at the Marvin Lee Stadium.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Whim, Sando boys tangle in Atlantic U-12 semi finals
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2016, 08:03:18 AM »
Whim, Sando boys tangle in Atlantic U-12 semi finals
T&T Guardian

Tobago Under-12 champion, Whim Anglican, will take on last year’s runner-up San Fernando Boys RC in the semi-finals of the Atlantic Primary School Football League which kicks off today at two venues in T&T. This will be at the Coaching School ground in Bon Accord, Tobago.

Back in Trinidad at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella, St Agnes Anglican School will take on Siparia Boys RC beginning at 10 am.

Tomorrow, we will see the “Clash of the Giants” when defending champion Bon Accord Government will meet Bon Air Government at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium in the second match of the U-15 girls’ double-header at 11 am. Earlier at 9.30 am, Moruga RC will meet Sangre Grande Government at 9.30 am.

On Thursday, the  U-15 boys defending champion, Bon Accord, will meet Arima Boys RC at Marvin Lee Stadium in what promises to be a thriller. This game is carded for 11 am.

In the opening match of the double-header, Enterprise Goverment challenges San Fernando Boys RC at 9.30 am.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
James’ hat-trick puts Whim into Atlantic U-12 final
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2016, 12:22:33 PM »
James’ hat-trick puts Whim into Atlantic U-12 final
By Rachael Thomspon-King (T&T Guardian)

Orlando James slotted in a hat-trick to help Whim Anglican secure a place in the Boys’ Under-12 final of the Atlantic Primary School, upsetting last year’s runner-up San Fernando Boys RC 4-1 in their semifinal match, yesterday at the Coaching School Ground in Bon Accord, Tobago.

James opened with a beauty when he beat the San Fernando custodian from 10 metres out, to give his team a 1-0 lead at the interval. The scores remained unchanged at 1-0 at the halfway mark.

On the resumption, Whim Anglican came out running and James continued his good form by adding two more items to his tally before brother Kyle sealed the deal with his strike in the 31st.

Christopher Weekes replied moments later, netting a consolation item for the San Fernando Boys RC team.

Whim Anglican will enter the title match as the favourite to take the national crown, which is set to take place at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on next Wednesday.

The Tobago U-12 champion will meet St Agnes Anglican, who edged Siparia Boys RC 2-1 in the other semi-final at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella.

Striker Jelani Cox put the Port of Spain champions in front in the 11th minute before Jovian Alexander doubled the score before the half-time whistle.

However, in the second session the St James based outfit began to get sluggish and lost focus giving the Siparia Boys RC team an opening for which it was able to pull one back through a strike by Leroy Jones.

Today, the eagerly anticipated match-up between defending U-15 girls champion Bon Accord Government meet Bon Air Government at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium in the second match of a double-header at 11 am.

Earlier at 9.30 am, Moruga RC will meet Sangre Grande Government.

Tomorrow, the reigning U-15 boys winner Bon Accord Government will meet Arima Boys RC at Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya in what promises to be a thriller. Kick off is at 11 am, soon after opening match between Enterprise Goverment and San Fernando Boys RC at 9.30 am.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bon Accord sneaks into the Atlantic Primary Schools U-15 final
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2016, 12:33:37 PM »
Bon Accord sneaks into the Atlantic Primary Schools U-15 final
T&T Guardian

Sadiq DeNoon became the hero of Bon Accord yesterday at the Marvin Lee Stadium in Macoya, Tunapuna when he scored in the final minute of the game to give his team Bon Accord Government a surprise victory over Arima Boys RC.

In front of some 600 cheering Arima Boys RC Students, Bon Accord Government was first to strike in the ninth minute when Nigel Bennett put the champion ahead. However, Jaheim Suhuny equalised for the East St George champions. Suhuny put the home team further ahead in the 26th minute to send Arima Boys into the interval with the lead.

On the resumption, Bon Accord equalised through Kyran Melville in the 38th minute before the Arima Boys was brought to tears by the strike of DeNoon in the final minute.

In the opening game of the double header Enterpsie Government got the better of San Fernando Boys Rc in a thriller by 2-1.

On Wednesday will be Whim Anglican taking on St Agnes Anglican in the U-12 Boys final at 11.15 am.

The Girls Final will be between Bon Accord Govt and Sangre Grande Government at 10.30 am.

In the opening match Champions Bon Accord Government will meet Enterprise Government in the U-15 Boys Championship at 9.15 am.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OC9e4Qf1kv0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OC9e4Qf1kv0</a>
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 01:10:24 PM by Tallman »

1]; } ?>