April 19, 2024, 04:57:07 PM

Author Topic: When will FIFA act?  (Read 8331 times)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
When will FIFA act?
« on: October 04, 2010, 07:38:12 AM »
FIFA have are never proactive in the game in terms of officiating. period

pet peeves of mine

1. Break leg tackles, men like de jong, shawcross, et al breaking another players leg and get away with it with brit press saying these are committed full blooded professionals, bs they get away because the reffs let them and all they suffer is a red card at best.
wont stop till refs stamp it out

2. same for shirt pulling, contact sport yes girl fight no. wont stop till reffs blow it every time in the box or last man.

3. time keeping, no longer leave the time to the reff, let the 4th official have the time and a buzzer or "whistle"

we need to eliminate human error from the game, it wil make it more fair and actually bring more ppl to the game

truetrini

Re: When will FIFA act?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 09:15:15 AM »
Manchester City's Nigel de Jong dropped by Netherlands 

Manchester City's Nigel de Jong (right) tackles Newcastle's Hatem Ben Arfa
Manchester City midfielder Nigel de Jong has been dropped from the Netherlands squad for the upcoming matches against Moldova and Sweden.

De Jong was involved in a tackle which which left Hatem Ben Arfa with a double leg-break during City's 2-1 Premier League win over Newcastle on Sunday.

Netherlands coach Bert Van Marwijk told the Algemeen Dagblad newspaper: "It was a wild and unnecessary offence.

"I have a problem with the way Nigel needlessly looks to push the limit."

It is not the first time the 25-year-old De Jong has been in the spotlight for aggressive tackles.

Bolton's United States midfielder Stuart Holden suffered a fractured right fibula on international duty in March after a challenge from De Jong.

606: DEBATE
Surely the Premier League has to investigate this incident

geordieade
Then in the World Cup final in July he was fortunate to receive only a yellow card after planting his studs into the chest of Spain's Xabi Alonso.

Van Marwijk revealed his decision to drop De Jong on the Dutch FA website, saying: "I just informed the squad and told him I saw no other possibility.

"In the near future I will discuss this matter with Nigel but right now we have to focus on the upcoming two matches."

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 09:49:13 AM »
not because the man break a foot means fifa must act.

that is what the cards is for
man jamming hard

jump

unfortunately break foot is part of the game.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 09:52:31 AM »
Get stuck in lads !

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 10:16:13 AM »
It's not FIFA but the local FA that would have to rule on this. It's a difficult call for the English FA because if they do anything then they will be seen as usurping the authority of the refs who have to rule on the intent of the tackle. The problem, if you choose to call it that, is that the speed of play in the english game is so fast that when a player is committed to a tackle it becomes all or none thereby making the tackle seem reckless.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 10:17:05 AM »
Steups...they rob me a penalty, give them a ghost penalty and injure my star player...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 11:10:07 AM »

man jamming hard

jump

De Jong break two foot in less than a year, and FIFA should not do anything? Well I guess the Holland coach will do it for them. Send that Elijah guy home too. Unnecessary tackles like those this weekend have no place in football. Hard tackle FINE but break foot tackle NO!
All American

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 11:55:49 AM »
It seems that a broken ankle/leg comes every weekend in de epl...
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 12:04:40 PM »

man jamming hard

jump

How high could you jump when they coming for your chest but i agree jumping helps.When you say that is what cards for what do you mean,they prevent you from getting jam?no i don't think so,it have situations where a player would not mind taking a Yellow or even a Red card for the team.I know you don't mean that literally.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 12:26:54 PM »
anybody have a video of DeJong tackle?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 12:40:41 PM »
anybody have a video of DeJong tackle?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MRq0r9dkeiU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MRq0r9dkeiU</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 12:42:27 PM »
Admirable stance by Van Maarwijk...

Nigel de Jong dropped by Netherlands after tackle

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/euro2012qualifying/story/Dutch-drop-De-Jong-after-wild-tackle

Netherlands coach Bert van Marwijk dropped Nigel de Jong from his squad Monday after the Manchester City midfielder was involved in a tackle that left Newcastle winger Hatem Ben Arfa with a broken left leg.

Van Marwijk said he saw "no alternative" but to drop De Jong from his squad to play Moldova and Sweden in two European Championship qualifiers.

"I will shortly speak to Nigel again, but now I am concentrating with the players and staff on the two important qualifiers coming up," Van Marwijk said in a statement released by the Royal Dutch Football Association.

Van Marwijk told Dutch daily Algemeen Dagblad that the tackle was "unnecessary and wild," adding that he has "a problem with the way Nigel needlessly looks to push the limit." The paper's football columnist Hugo Borst in a Sunday night television show called De Jong "a repeat offender, a criminal."

De Jong has a history of hard tackles, including a chest-high challenge on Spain midfielder Xabi Alonso in the hard-fought World Cup final in South Africa that Spain won 1-0 after extra time.

In March earlier this year, United States midfielder Stuart Holden was left with a fractured leg after a challenge by De Jong in a friendly international, leaving Holden sidelined for six weeks.

Ben Arfa, who is on loan from Marseille, is expected to be out for a prolonged spell after x-rays confirmed he suffered a broken tibia and fibula of his left leg in the third minute of Sunday's match, which City won 2-1.

The forward underwent surgery at Manchester Royal Infirmary on Monday. Newcastle said the operation was a success but it was not possible to confirm how long Ben Arfa would be out for.

The tackle was not given as a foul, and De Jong escaped punishment from the referee.

Van Marwijk called up midfielders Urby Emanuelson of Ajax and FC Twente's Wout Brama to cover for De Jong and two injured players, Theo Janssen and Vurnon Anita.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 02:34:59 PM »
That tackle not that bad.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 02:41:44 PM »
3. time keeping, no longer leave the time to the reff, let the 4th official have the time and a buzzer or "whistle"

Why is the 4th official's opinion any better than the ref's?

truetrini

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 03:16:38 PM »

You need glasses. de man delibrately brought his other leg to bear!  And that resulted in the breaking of a leg.

Some may LOOK worse but have lesser consequences...

steups

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 03:43:04 PM »

You need glasses. de man delibrately brought his other leg to bear!  And that resulted in the breaking of a leg.

Some may LOOK worse but have lesser consequences...

steups

The man was not even off the ground. The 2nd leg coming in was to make sure the ball eh go past him. It not like a scissors tackle. First leg play ball and man and 2nd leg trail to ensure that the ball and/or the player get by. I thought was a malicious tackle  like the chest stamp vs Spain.

The result of the tackle causing people tp over-react.  That's a routine tackle, it is however, unfortunate the outcome.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 03:45:42 PM »

pet peeves of mine

1. Break leg tackles, men like de jong, shawcross, et al breaking another players leg and get away with it with brit press saying these are committed full blooded professionals, bs they get away because the reffs let them and all they suffer is a red card at best.

2. same for shirt pulling, contact sport yes girl fight no. wont stop till reffs blow it every time in the box or last man.

we need to eliminate human error from the game, it wil make it more fair and actually bring more ppl to the game

4. no scoring as one team scoring more that the other could hurt the feelings of the losing team.

5. If one player is really fast he should give the slower player at least 5 yards head start

6. If you are Didier Drogba you must let Arsenal defenders win a tackle at least once in 90+ minutes.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 04:56:16 PM »

pet peeves of mine

4. no scoring as one team scoring more that the other could hurt the feelings of the losing team.

5. If one player is really fast he should give the slower player at least 5 yards head start

6. If you are Didier Drogba you must let Arsenal defenders win a tackle at least once in 90+ minutes.

steups..... u real stupid yes........hehhehaahahae  :rotfl:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 05:46:46 PM »
Van Marwijk is being disingenious here acting all saintly by calling out De Jong etc.

If he was consistent, he woulda drop de entire Dutch team at half time during de last world cup final.

De Jong is jes a convenient scapegoat.  I eh condonin what De Jong does do, but Van Marwijk should be de last to talk after he play he brother in law every game to do nutting but kick down man whole forkane world cup

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 08:58:20 PM »

Because he have less to be bothered with/distracted by during a game. It shouldn't be a matter of opinion.

The man was not even off the ground. The 2nd leg coming in was to make sure the ball eh go past him. It not like a scissors tackle. First leg play ball and man and 2nd leg trail to ensure that the ball and/or the player get by. I thought was a malicious tackle  like the chest stamp vs Spain.

The result of the tackle causing people tp over-react.  That's a routine tackle, it is however, unfortunate the outcome.

"2nd leg to ensure that the player doesn't get by" and it "malicious" but it is a routine tackle?

The problems with that tackle are numerous. Just the lunge with the left foot is a disgrace because is his studs make contact and he leave his feet. He had no way to control what happen next and Ben Arfa coulda just as easily get his right foot break.

How was Ben Arfa supposed to avoid getting scythed down without jumping out of the way? De Jong practising intimidation and want the player to pull out of the tackle by being a wild man. Something wrong with that fella. To me once yuh break a man leg before yuh would be mindful of your fellow pros but De Jong have no conscience.

I was one of the "bad things does happen in tackles brigade" and I still feel the Eduardo tackle was more hard luck than malice but something wrong now.

Between Karl Henry antics at Wolves and that Wilkinson tackle on Dembele and now this the wild men making football much less fun to follow.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 09:29:32 PM »

Because he have less to be bothered with/distracted by during a game. It shouldn't be a matter of opinion.

"2nd leg to ensure that the player doesn't get by" and it "malicious" but it is a routine tackle?

The problems with that tackle are numerous. Just the lunge with the left foot is a disgrace because is his studs make contact and he leave his feet. He had no way to control what happen next and Ben Arfa coulda just as easily get his right foot break.

How was Ben Arfa supposed to avoid getting scythed down without jumping out of the way? De Jong practising intimidation and want the player to pull out of the tackle by being a wild man. Something wrong with that fella. To me once yuh break a man leg before yuh would be mindful of your fellow pros but De Jong have no conscience.

I was one of the "bad things does happen in tackles brigade" and I still feel the Eduardo tackle was more hard luck than malice but something wrong now.

Between Karl Henry antics at Wolves and that Wilkinson tackle on Dembele and now this the wild men making football much less fun to follow.

No wonder we defenders are sieve. It's a good crunching tackle. In this game people will get hurt it's the nature of the beast. In this case I think De Jong is preceded by his prior infractions. Rooney consistently make tackles like this when he gets frustrated, but because he has never broken any player leg it's no problem.

So you are saying that De Jong went into that tackle with ulterior motives? He did not go to win the ball but to take out Ben Afra?

If ah man driving in your lane head on on the interstate yuh will keep going becuase he not suppose to be in that lane?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 09:39:16 PM »
No wonder we defenders are sieve. It's a good crunching tackle. In this game people will get hurt it's the nature of the beast. In this case I think De Jong is preceded by his prior infractions. Rooney consistently make tackles like this when he gets frustrated, but because he has never broken any player leg it's no problem.

Precisely.  All you have highlighted there is human nature.  All of us speed I'm sure, but none of us will curb that behavior until we start to suffer consequences.  Speaking for myself, I rarely drive the speed limit, and I especially love to corner aggressively.  However, I also try to moderate my speed (above the speed limit) because every now and then it would pop into my head... "what would happen if you suffer a blowout at this speed?"

To bring the talk full circle, people tolerate the tackles because by and large the injuries have been minimal (when you consider how many potential break foot tackles/plays (Essien on Diaby this past weekend comes to mind) occur on a regular basis.  Because the injuries have been minimal there's the assumption that either the defenders are exhibiting enough control as to not cause serious injury... or that targets of the tackle know how to ride them to avoid injury.  Well when injuries start to rise then those assumptions go out the window.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 10:16:04 PM »
Rooney consistently make tackles like this when he gets frustrated, but because he has never broken any player leg it's no problem.

It IS a problem.  It's just not a problem for the english officials, media and fans.  Rooney is a dirty player and he's also an "untouchable".

Same goes for Steven Gerrard.

Shearer used to be the same and he got the same bligh from the English refs, press and fans.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2010, 06:54:24 AM »

So you are saying that De Jong went into that tackle with ulterior motives? He did not go to win the ball but to take out Ben Afra?

If ah man driving in your lane head on on the interstate yuh will keep going becuase he not suppose to be in that lane?

Our defence is not good because our defenders, team and entire setup is bad. Tackling like De Jong does not make them better players or improve a defence. It might iintimidate a plyer or two but teams like Mexico and US would circumvent that wildness with ease, especially when we down to 10 men.

I not one for this team bias BS. I very happy to admit that Rooney is an untouchable. Likewise for Gerrard, Shearer, Keane, Scholes These are men who does lose a ball and get a free pass for "exuberance" or "competitiveness" or "inability to tackle". In most of these cases these players get a pass because they add something on the creative side so it is much easier to class a destroyer like De Jong as a pure thug. But saying that they do it too, apart from being unquantifiable doesn't do anything to justify De Jong's tackles.

Also I am for tackling the behaviour not the outcome. I find too many people does focus on the outcome when game in game out the tackles are shockingly bad. I remember the week after Eduardo get injured Carvalho make a far worse, more cynical tackle when Chelsea was losing to Burnley (or Barnsley) in an FA Cup game and because the man ride it nobody make a fuss.

As for De Jong. He went for the ball BUT there is no consideration for the player. Anybody could throw their entire body in front of ball and player and get one of the two everytime but it is reckless play.

Your last analogy kinda proving my point that De Jong's attitude is to be wrong and strong and expect to gain an advantage by having everybody give him a wide berth.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 06:59:41 AM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2010, 09:47:44 AM »
To bring the talk full circle, people tolerate the tackles because by and large the injuries have been minimal (when you consider how many potential break foot tackles/plays (Essien on Diaby this past weekend comes to mind) occur on a regular basis. 

This doesn't belong in this thread.

truetrini

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 10:05:40 AM »
anyone seeing that De Jong tackle and saying it is routine needs to get ah check up.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010, 10:24:20 AM »

Of course not... you also think that play by Bosingwa on Benayoun in yuh signature is "kicks".  Essien step clear over the ball to put his foot on the other side to shield it from Diaby... except he land with he full weight on he ankle and turn it 90 degrees.  He come in with enough momentum that he actually skate on Diaby ankle a little bit.  Diaby was lucky to even walk off after that, let alone play the second half.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2010, 10:34:17 AM »

Of course not... you also think that play by Bosingwa on Benayoun in yuh signature is "kicks".  Essien step clear over the ball to put his foot on the other side to shield it from Diaby... except he land with he full weight on he ankle and turn it 90 degrees.  He come in with enough momentum that he actually skate on Diaby ankle a little bit.  Diaby was lucky to even walk off after that, let alone play the second half.

I dunno what game you was watching, but they both were going for the ball and stretch, Diaby foot reach a fraction of a second before and Essien reach after and mash his foot. That was a hard luck challenge, a run of the mill play in any game..

None of the commentators in the game suggested any malice, but you pulling that out to relate that to a De Jong break foot tackle.

Ok fellah...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2010, 11:03:15 AM »
I dunno what game you was watching, but they both were going for the ball and stretch, Diaby foot reach a fraction of a second before and Essien reach after and mash his foot. That was a hard luck challenge, a run of the mill play in any game..

None of the commentators in the game suggested any malice, but you pulling that out to relate that to a De Jong break foot tackle.

Ok fellah...

The immateriality of yuh "malice" angle notwithstanding... you yet again demonstrate your inability to comprehend simple English.  Sorry ah don't have stick figures and crayons to better help yuh understand.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2010, 02:52:19 PM »
Since when Rooney getting free pass? Everyone know to look out for the wild tackle when he get vex... some English commentators have him down as a sure red card when things not going his way and they don't ever see the wrong things English players do.

I agree with JDB that too often we wait until the outcome is bad to then call for a clamp down on bad tackling. Too many weekly examples going on now that need to be "stamped" out.

1]; } ?>