March 28, 2024, 10:37:22 PM

Author Topic: McComie slams poor attitude  (Read 2257 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
McComie slams poor attitude
« on: October 20, 2010, 09:15:21 PM »
McComie slams poor attitude by players following First Citizens Cup exit
www.ttproleague.com

Defeated semi-finalist head coach Michael McComie of Ma Pau SC has criticized his players’ poor performance which led to the team’s 1-0 defeat against defending champions Defence Force on Friday night at the Marvin Lee Stadium.

Ma Pau conceded the lone item of the match in the 34th minute from a corner headed in by Defence Force’s Aklie Edwards.

“It’s disappointing because of the fact that one goal defeated us,” McComie said over his team’s semi-final exit.

“We have been working on set pieces both for and against us but our players went asleep in that situation.

“Besides the set piece I don’t think Army really threatened us. They came out on the night and did nothing that we thought they would have done.

“But hats off to Army for winning,” he continued. “As I’ve said before, the team that wanted it the most will win and unfortunately Army wanted it more. We didn’t even reach up to average. Any team that played us that night would have defeated Ma Pau because of the attitude of the players.”

Ma Pau SC captain Curtis Gonzales reiterated McComie’s remarks admitting that his team didn’t give its best.

He told www.ttproleague.com, “The feeling isn’t really good right now because we prepared really hard for the game against Defence Force.

“We aren’t guaranteed to win every game,” he added. “But we were supposed to go out and play hard and we didn’t do that. And in the end we suffered a defeat.”

Ma Pau reached last weekend’s semi-final round after being awarded a win over San Juan Jabloteh [who violated competition rules regarding away kits] in the quarterfinal round.

The disgruntled McComie promised changes in his team as he looks to “tighten the screws” at the club.

“We invested in a camp and a lot of money was spent to prepare the guys for this competition in particular and they are fully aware of that,” he said. “But we have reached a stage where we are not getting the effort in return from the players.

“I’m disappointed in the attitude in my players and we need to tighten the screws at the club.”

McComie believes that the situation experienced by his club it’s a saddening trend in Trinidad and Tobago football.

“There is a trend in Trinidad (and Tobago) where players take the sport for granted,” explained the former T&T U23 coach and former TT Pro League Coach of the Year.

“They take the fact that it’s a job for granted and they are still coming out with the mindset that it’s a sweat or a just a game. It’s a sad reality that I’m experiencing and I’m sure other coaches are experiencing it at their clubs as well and at the end of the day it affects the National teams.”

“There are players who take the job seriously but too many of them are not doing it,” he exclaimed.

McComie further stated that players who don’t play the part will be replaced and already has his eyes on a few teenaged options.

“I can say now that my players will have to work extremely hard. I have no problem with the skill level of my squad but it’s the professionalism I’m having a problem with.

“The ones that fall at the waist-side will be the ones that are not prepared.

“I’m already eyeing about four to five teenagers because we will get more hunger from them. But we need to make room for these positions. So the current guys will have to play for their places in the team,” said McComie.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rA4D-fbWYuw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rA4D-fbWYuw</a>
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 09:17:42 PM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: McComie slams poor attitude
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 12:00:05 AM »
D Pot callin d Kettle Black.......
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 05:12:58 AM »

wayside ???
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 06:06:08 AM »
McComie, always entertaining ... interesting perspective though.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 06:12:56 AM »

wayside ???

:rotfl: thats a good one... start off meh morning nice lol
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline rastarocket7

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 08:23:46 AM »
this is dope. i dunno much bout the coach but he always drops some serious knowledge. listen up warriors. taking your football more seriously is only gonna improve the football in trinidad

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 08:31:17 AM »
this is dope. i dunno much bout the coach but he always drops some serious knowledge. listen up warriors. taking your football life more seriously is only gonna improve the football in trinidad

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 08:37:51 AM »

wayside ???

Dai'z just slackness.  To McComie's credit is not he who say that... that is the fault of the transcriber. 

Most would know by now that I ent no fan, but giving credit where credit is due he makes some very valid points in this interview (shocking even to me)... I particularly like his idea of month-to-month contracts to keep players properly motivated.

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 09:18:02 AM »
As a coach once said to my team, Its not about quantity but its about quality. :) I agree with most things McComie said.
All American

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 09:29:11 AM »
better the waist side....than the waste side.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 10:43:38 AM »

wayside ???

We doh watch face....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 06:33:43 PM »

wayside ???

I just scroll up the page and is the first thing I see.

Father put a hand...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 06:37:58 PM »
teams only as good as d head
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 09:35:28 AM »
Well the bald headed idiot does have a point!
However what does he expect if he sets the example it must come back back and bite him in the butt.
Retarded ass!

1]; } ?>