April 24, 2024, 10:04:54 PM

Author Topic: Who was the first Professional team in T&T.  (Read 2991 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Who was the first Professional team in T&T.
« on: October 26, 2010, 05:32:36 PM »
 ;D
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Who was the first Professional team in T&T.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 05:38:13 PM »
First professional team to visit TT or from TT?

If it's the latter, I would say ASL, Aviation Services Ltd. owned by Arthur Suite in the 1980s.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 07:26:10 AM »
First pro team from T&T.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 11:02:50 AM »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 11:44:58 AM »
either jab or defence force.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 03:38:22 PM »
I want to say the TT Regiment but they fall in the category of a state instution sports club. But I will say Pro-Pioneers. Under the table pro teams I will say Paramount and Singing Guns of the Eddie Hart league.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 06:54:08 AM »
I want to say the TT Regiment but they fall in the category of a state instution sports club. But I will say Pro-Pioneers. Under the table pro teams I will say Paramount and Singing Guns of the Eddie Hart league.

Correct. !!!

Pro Pioneers - in the 70's

Euadne Gordon a Lawyer who sponsored the team.

Kenrick "Foots" Belcon took over from Gordon.

Some of the members are Noel Llewellyn, Everald Cummings, Desmond "Baby" Headley and Ulric "Buggy" Haynes.

Coached - Arthur "Jap" Brown.

The team was dismantle by Jack Warner and the TTFF who didn't want any Pro teams in T&T at the time.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 05:22:26 PM »

Correct. !!!

Some of the members are Noel Llewellyn, Everald Cummings, Desmond "Baby" Headley and Ulric "Buggy" Haynes.

The team was dismantle by Jack Warner and the TTFF who didn't want any Pro teams in T&T at the time.

LORD FADDER
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 08:21:42 PM »

Correct. !!!

LORD FADDER

Pro-Pioneers used to go up the islands and play exhibition games and some teams used to reciprocate.  They had to play a team from Haiti(I stand to be corrected) at the then Lever Bros. ground which is now the centre of disexcellence. As the 2 teams took to the field, Jack came out and read the riot act. He said if the game was played all the players would be banned for life from international football. Euadne had to refund all the money back to the spectators which was quite a bit. Better than what the pro-league can ever have. She left in tears. That is the saga of the minister of transport. That is why quite a few people have so much venom for that bloodsucker. Sorry if some are offended.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 12:27:46 AM »

Correct. !!!

LORD FADDER

Pro-Pioneers used to go up the islands and play exhibition games and some teams used to reciprocate.  They had to play a team from Haiti(I stand to be corrected) at the then Lever Bros. ground which is now the centre of disexcellence. As the 2 teams took to the field, Jack came out and read the riot act. He said if the game was played all the players would be banned for life from international football. Euadne had to refund all the money back to the spectators which was quite a bit. Better than what the pro-league can ever have. She left in tears. That is the saga of the minister of transport. That is why quite a few people have so much venom for that bloodsucker. Sorry if some are offended.

This is some of the history I'm trying to piece together. There was a 'Tapia' movement in the 70's that had a newsletterthat Keith Smith, Ruthven Baptiste and Earl Best used to write sports related stuff for. They were always fighting for professional football, and railing against Eric James for the most part. JW didn't get mentioned in there. I think the articles I have go up to 1976.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010, 07:12:53 AM »

Correct. !!!

LORD FADDER

D bible say d truth does offend so doh study it.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>