Sports > Football

Foreginers in T&T Pro League 2002 - 2010.

Pages: << < (2/7) > >>

100% Barataria:

Am I seeing right, a man really name Happy?  :o

Coop's:

This could never be good for the Pro League or Football in T&T,i tend to agree with what Sam said about stipulating each team to 4/5 foreigners.We often complain about our local players not up to international standards but yet still we don't have enough of them playing in our number one league,this is a problem with all our national team players,they don't play consistently at a high enough level so it's always a wake up call when ever they compete in major tournaments.This could also be a reason why peeps not coming out to support the league,they want to see more locals,i'm not against foreigners but a good mix i think will help.     

reggae-fan:

--- Quote from: kicker on November 02, 2010, 07:45:05 AM ---
--- Quote from: reggae-fan on November 02, 2010, 07:27:32 AM ---This is a league that over the years, has taken more players in that it has exported.   :o

--- End quote ---

Do you mean than it has exported?

Do you mean taken in from other leagues, or just from other countries?

And how do you know that? What records do you have to back that up?

And if it has taken in more than it has exported, what does that imply to you?  Depending on how you look at it, this might actually say something good about T&T, and the pro-league, though I doubt that you were trying to imply anything complimentary.

--- End quote ---
Yes, the T&T league, over the years, has taken in more players than it has actually exported...you are smart enough to figure out what i'm saying Kicker.
The list shows roughly 150 non-T&T nationals that have played in the league since inception. For argument's sake, lets say that the league has exported 30 pleayers to leagues overseas in that same time, that is still a very shocking ratio for a league that is very low on actuall crowd support.  From a financial angle,  I would assume that the majority of the players salary (small as they might be) and accomodations, transportation etc would be paid directly by sponsors, as opposed to being paid by the clubs themselves. Since the crowd support is lacking, gate reciepts would not be a sustainable source of income, nor would there be any significant revenue from merchandising. So how excactly does the league stay afloat?

I'd assume the Brazilians and Colombians on the list are the elite of the lot...so would be interesting to see the stats on how many of these players ended up moving on to bigger things after playing in the T&T leagues. I would imagine that in a country like Brazil with its many professional and even more semi-professional teams, most of which has youth and reserve teams, any decent enough footballer can make a good enough living playing football at a decent level there, where demand for football is VERY HIGH.

I fail to see how this situation has helped develop football in T&T...trying to find something positive about this model.

reggae-fan:

--- Quote from: Sam on November 02, 2010, 07:42:54 AM ---On de other hand, we employ a lot of Caribbean players with Guyana and Jamaica topping the list, glad they could come to T&T to make a decent living.

--- End quote ---

Most of the better Jamaica players that played in the T&T Pro-league (Lamey, Hue, Scarlette etc) has done so as part of loan arrangements between clubs in T&T and clubs in Jamaica, particularly the top two Jamaican clubs Harbor View and Portmore. Thats a known fact. These players normally end up back in Jamaica . Players like Jermaine Hue, Robert Scarlet returned to their respective Jamaican clubs, and has played in Europe since returning home. I recall Robert Scarlett (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Scarlett) sitting on the bench for CSKA Moscow ina champions league game after going there on a 3 months loan deal from Harbor View). Just trying to figure out the model of the T&T league...do they sign players with the intentions of selling them to bigger club for profit, or do they sign players solely to win trophies? or is it all about player development. anhd how does this model help with the national team development?

palos:

--- Quote from: reggae-fan on November 02, 2010, 11:57:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: Sam on November 02, 2010, 07:42:54 AM ---On de other hand, we employ a lot of Caribbean players with Guyana and Jamaica topping the list, glad they could come to T&T to make a decent living.

--- End quote ---

Most of the better Jamaica players that played in the T&T Pro-league (Lamey, Hue, Scarlette etc) has done so as part of loan arrangements between clubs in T&T and clubs in Jamaica, particularly the top two Jamaican clubs Harbor View and Portmore. Thats a known fact. These players normally end up back in Jamaica . Players like Jermaine Hue, Robert Scarlet returned to their respective Jamaican clubs, and has played in Europe since returning home. I recall Scarlette sitting on the bench for CSKA Moscow ina champions league game after going there on a 3 months loan deal from Harbor View). Just trying to figure out the model of the T&T league...do they sign players with the intentions of selling them to bigger club for profit, or do they sign players solely to win trophies? or is it all about player development. anhd how does this model help with the national team development?

--- End quote ---

Like u hupset jamaican's playin in de T&T Pro League

Pages: << < (2/7) > >>

Go to full version