April 29, 2024, 03:26:33 AM

Author Topic: Warriors staff, players still await salaries.  (Read 5567 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warriors staff, players still await salaries.
« on: December 07, 2010, 06:10:10 AM »
By: Nigel Simon (Guardian).

Amidst the recent revelations by the T&T Football Federations that its operation is under financial constraints, members of the senior national team and its technical staff are still awaiting salaries for 13 recent international matches. The matches run from July of this year to the just concluded Digicel Caribbean Cup Finals in Martinique.

During that period, the senior national players played matches against Antigua & Barbuda (two), Jamaica (two), Belize, St Lucia, Guyana (two), St Vincent and The Grenadines, Haiti, Cuba, Grenada and Martinique. The lone match for which the players and some staff members were paid was the away international friendly on September 7 away to Panama.

Three days later, T&T also played away to Belize but the players were not paid. During the 13 matches, some members of the technical staff have had to use monies from their pockets to cover team expenses.

Members of the technical staff have also gone close to a year without payments from the TTFF. The Guardian learned staff last received $10,000 each in September 2009 before the team was disbanded after T&T failed to qualify for the World Cup Finals. Four members of the staff, inclusive of coach Russell Latapy, manager David Muhammad, assistant manager, Peter Rampersad and Technical Director Lincoln Phillips have all been receiving monthly stipends.

Latapy has not received a full salary for over a year. While not wanting to make excuses for Latapy, his staff and the players for their failed Digicel Caribbean Cup Finals campaign, the source said the T&T Warriors must be commended for working under those circumstances.

He drew reference to the situation with the Jamaican players who threatened to withhold their services in Martinique if their wage demands were not met. The source noted the Warriors knew of the Jamaican protest but never thought about doing the same. “They were all committed to the team effort and doing their country proud.” The source added that there was never a chance of the T&T players striking.

“But you have to understand the technical staff has been working with limited resources for a very long time and they are expected to pull off miraculous results. “The guys were hoping with Mr Warner in Government and Anil Roberts at the Ministry of Sports it would have been easier to get support for the sport.

“They were told that they had to wait until a new board was put in place at the Sport Company of T&T (SporTT) but that has taken place over a month now and the guys are still awaiting payments.” “Mr Latapy continued to work with the players telling them to forget about the money situations and the conditions and that it would come once the results were being achieved on the field.

Yet after three consecutive wins in the Digicel Cup, the players were still left waiting. Not even a word of congratulations from the T&TFF. These things don’t go unnoticed by the players because they are human beings too and can be sensitive at times. And also you have to consider that all of our players in the current squad are not fortunate to have lucrative contracts in Europe like some of the others, so it cannot be a situation where the money should not matter.”
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors staff, players still await salaries.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 06:15:32 AM »
Doh pay dem! Dey being mercenary.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 06:20:28 AM »
So SPORTT responsible for paying the technical staff? I not sure how it works so i asking.

Cuz what was reported was:

By: Nigel Simon (Guardian).

“But you have to understand the technical staff has been working with limited resources for a very long time and they are expected to pull off miraculous results. “The guys were hoping with Mr Warner in Government and Anil Roberts at the Ministry of Sports it would have been easier to get support for the sport.

“They were told that they had to wait until a new board was put in place at the Sport Company of T&T (SporTT) but that has taken place over a month now and the guys are still awaiting payments.”
“Mr Latapy continued to work with the players telling them to forget about the money situations and the conditions and that it would come once the results were being achieved on the field.

Yet after three consecutive wins in the Digicel Cup, the players were still left waiting. Not even a word of congratulations from the T&TFF. These things don’t go unnoticed by the players because they are human beings too and can be sensitive at times. And also you have to consider that all of our players in the current squad are not fortunate to have lucrative contracts in Europe like some of the others, so it cannot be a situation where the money should not matter.”

I just trying to understand eh..so i say i go ask.

Am i to assume then that this is an issue only related to the TTFF? If other sporting bodies are affected in like fashion.....then how come no other organization making noise? How come the ministry sitting down on their hands with this issue like is an extradition so?

Where the money to go to Martinique came from then? The last of the money the TTFF had?

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 06:27:00 AM »
Nah man, dat is the way Jack like it.

They are faithful to their country.

Jack is ba$$king in the latest WC announcements for 2018/22.

He go find time for dem later.
He might even pay dem out of his own pocket. Make sure de Press know and get some good PR.

I wonder what the honourable Minister of Sport has to say on this.
After all he has an opinion on the 2006 players getting their settlement.
He has an opinion on Latas future.

Surely he has an opinion on men playing and not getting paid for a year.
Does a losing record mean you should be paid late?

Let me hear what JW number one ass licker have to say now.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 06:40:31 AM »
...the T&T Warriors must be commended for working under those circumstances.

Dat is why we go continue tuh be exploited.

And why Nigel Simon and dem doh go tuh de TTFF directly and start asking questions?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 06:45:45 AM by Tallman »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 07:07:54 AM »
No money for the playing staff and players
In fact, no staff cause is Latas alone hired and the rest of them it sounding like is Latas ask them to come out and help rather than them being appointed.

The National Stadium not always available as "we have other grounds"

No friendly matches (except against caribbean sides who owe Jck favours so he doh hadda pay them)

And I sure if we dig deeper we will find out we back to the days where players doh have things like ice for when they get a lil knock on the training ground and they paying for their own medical expenses and meals unless we away for a tournament.

Excellent programme we have going there for a side who expected to go to a World event.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 07:47:09 AM »
IT GOOD 4 DEMMMMMMM
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 08:34:03 AM »
If is one time i am in support of TTFF is now , do not pay them a cent .

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 08:36:02 AM »
If is one time i am in support of TTFF is now , do not pay them a cent .

Do they have a pay for performance clause in dey contract? What am I saying what contract.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 08:46:05 AM »
If yuh not gettin paid, withhold your services!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 08:52:12 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
It eh have no Shaka, Brent, Kelvin or Stern on dat team.  Only ah setta friggin cowards who fraid to say boo cuz big bad Jack goh do for dem......steups!!!

You go Jack, doh pay dem ah cent!!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 08:54:30 AM »
Wow these players are true warriors...  :applause: :applause:

all yuh have been playing for pride...  :beermug:

can't wait till WC qualifications begins in 2012... after all as Sam pointed out 2011 is like a lame duck season.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 09:01:24 AM »
That right latapy

Only give them 10% of your coaching because you only getting 10% of your pay.

If you want decent tactics and strategy you have to pay 100% ;)

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 09:09:00 AM »
Wait.. it have more to come out. Ah waiting to see who go change dey tune.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 09:19:03 AM »
The only time things would change with the Soca Warriors team is when they the players decide to join
FPATT so that they can be represented ,same goes to club teams .

A house divided would always fall when the big bad wolf huff and puff .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 09:23:32 AM »
Yet after three consecutive wins in the Digicel Cup, the players were still left waiting. Not even a word of

WHAT 3 WINS HE TALKING BOUT

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 09:39:12 AM »
Yet after three consecutive wins in the Digicel Cup, the players were still left waiting.

De games to qualify for de finals. St. Vincent, Guyana, and Haiti

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 09:44:12 AM »
Somebody call OWTU.

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2010, 10:05:02 AM »
After they beat up St Vincent, Haiti and Guyana they shoulda make noise. That was the best position they were in as far as bargaining. They woulda have time to work out a possible deal and if no deal work out then when they play shit (like they did) blame it on the fact that negotiations break down.

Instead they went on dey merry way and get dey ass buss.

They all ah bunch ah nincompoops.

Join FPATT cause these fellas clueless.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 10:33:38 AM »
Does FIFA support players in these situations???

AND...

How come a Special Adviser in TTFF who is a Vice President of FIFA... can not properly manage the fooball operations of a small country like Trinidad and Tobago???

AND...

Why doesn't the Minister of Sport step in and make the TTFF Special Adviser accountable for this mess???

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 10:41:09 AM »
uuuuuummmmm Coach, dem is a setta rhetorical questions yuh decide to throw out at we??   :-\
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warber
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 11:08:17 AM »
Warner slams Boyz for pay protest
The Reggae Boyz have come in for some stinging criticism from regional football boss Austin 'Jack' Warner for their stance against the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) during the just-concluded Digicel Caribbean Cup.

Additionally, he has promised to change current regulations to facilitate the replacement of players in future tournaments, should such a situation arise again.
After beating Antigua and Barbuda 2-0 in their opening match, the Jamaican team issued the JFF an ultimatum to be paid total per diem of US$1,200 plus 80 percent of any cash prize won, or they would have withdrawn.

However, Captain Horace Burrell, president of the cash-strapped JFF, used his own funds to meet their per diem demands.

Speaking to the local media here after Jamaica won the title, Warner, who is the CONCACAF and Caribbean Football Union president, said: "First of all, I congratulate Jamaica on their success."

Afterwards, he lambasted the Jamaica football team, saying, "national pride must take precedence over mercenary feelings."

"I have felt in many ways the pain of Captain Burrell, because what he had to go through to reach this stage, for me it was tough," said Warner.

"To be held to ransom, and in my humble view, to be blackmailed by a team is unacceptable, and I want to say to you that the pain he has felt I feel for him, for the Caribbean, because it is a precedent that will be set in the Caribbean, unless we begin to stop it at this point in time."

Continuing Warner, who is also a FIFA vice-president, said: "In fact, I have told him even the rules shall be amended to facilitate countries bringing in teams at the last minute that face this situation.

"National pride must take precedence over money. National pride must take precedence over mercenary feelings and in that context, therefore, I'm pained. But at the end of the day, Captain stood up as a big man and he has saved the day; and today, Jamaica and the whole Caribbean are happy, not because Guadeloupe have lost, but because in my humble view, a bona fide country has won and therefore football in the Caribbean has been saved, also."

Warner, who made the championship presentation, said: "Guadeloupe put up a very good game. In fact, I would challenge any country in CONCACAF to play against Guadeloupe and believe it is a walkover."

Jamaica earned US$120,000 for retaining the title - their fifth overall - and Warner says it will be disbursed to the JFF within 15 days.

"Normally it (prize money) takes 30 days, but I will pay in 15 days because all he (Burrell) has to get is about US$14,000, and if those guys were so desperate. And by the way, the guys who are desperate are the guys who make the most money in football, not local Jamaicans you know. Before they die, I will pay it in 15 days so as to save their lives," said Warner.

The Trinidad and Tobago Transport Minister also commented on his team's performance, saying they will have to 'restructure.'

Regional championship

With eight titles, the Trinidadians have won the regional championship the most, but they were eliminated in the group round-robin phase.

"We played badly and we paid the price for playing badly," observed Warner. "Trinidad and Tobago now has to sit down and restructure its football. A meeting has been called for December 11 with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation and I'll be there. We're going to look at the football and see what are the short-term and long-term plans."

He added: "We can't continue the way we are going, and we can't survive if even we get four places in the World Cup, as I believe we will get. We will not, of course, survive on the present team we have, or the structure or system we have, and therefore we have to sit down ..."
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 11:12:16 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 11:30:43 AM »
uuuuuummmmm Coach, dem is a setta rhetorical questions yuh decide to throw out at we??   :-\

ah thinkin he new...is real threads he hadda ketch up on

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 11:40:49 AM »
Does FIFA support players in these situations???

AND...

How come a Special Adviser in TTFF who is a Vice President of FIFA... can not properly manage the fooball operations of a small country like Trinidad and Tobago???

AND...

Why doesn't the Minister of Sport step in and make the TTFF Special Adviser accountable for this mess???

Coach come nah in de grand scheme of things in TT ruled by the PP government Jack is still boss over Anil...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2010, 12:21:06 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
It eh have no Shaka, Brent, Kelvin or Stern on dat team.  Only ah setta friggin cowards who fraid to say boo cuz big bad Jack goh do for dem......steups!!!

You go Jack, doh pay dem ah cent!!!!

They afraid because Jack Warner could ruin their careers.  If they could see some end to Jack's reign they would be bolder.  Jack need to get de f**k out of our football.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2010, 01:29:17 PM »
Somebody call OWTU.

:beermug:

DOOWTU U MEAN WIT DO meaning d old becasue d present OWTU gone through dem in d PP

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2010, 01:56:40 PM »
Alyuh really feel TTFF dunno what they doin? Think is a coincidence that the TTFF schedule the FA cup same time Latas wanted players to train? Think is a coincidence the scheduled friendly didnt materialise? Them men on head, just my opinion

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 02:00:21 PM »
None of those players joined the players union, now if they had joined the union maybe this would'nt have been an issuse  ??? ??? ??? ???
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2010, 06:03:01 PM »
Min 3:50 Anil talks about payment

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5MrXAcU3WIs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5MrXAcU3WIs</a>
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2010, 02:02:29 PM »
How can FIFA honestly allow this? What a joke
Hart for president

1]; } ?>