April 26, 2024, 11:10:39 AM

Author Topic: Russia & India?  (Read 1867 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Russia & India?
« on: January 01, 2011, 07:58:29 PM »
Could we be looking at a Russia as a country where our ballers can ply their profession or come to that even India.I noted that Indian football is fast improving and money is being spent on their youths with tours to many countries.The game is also big and crowds are massive with players from all over Europe and South America.I find it strange that their hasn't been one post about JW and what he may have brokered for TT for the support he gave them,come on lads especially the knowledgeble ones lets hear your take;yall know who you are.All the best for 2011 to all of TT,God Bless.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Russia & India?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 08:26:55 PM »
Well Kwame Wiltshire had a trial with Dynamo Kiev back in 2006 and Cyd Gray played with India's Pune FC in 2008
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

AirMan

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 11:26:08 PM »

:D Frico sure if you post any of your opinions about JW in relation to Russia and India over here you will get more responses...http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?board=1.0 

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 05:07:47 AM »
Thanks AirMan. 8)

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 08:35:06 AM »
Well Kwame Wiltshire had a trial with Dynamo Kiev back in 2006 and Cyd Gray played with India's Pune FC in 2008
That's Ukraine but i know wat u mean. I read somewhere that Spartak Moscow was interested in Shahdon Winchester. Cant remember where or if there's any truth in that

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 09:27:06 AM »
Our players should keep away from Russia ... 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 11:52:52 AM »
we cricket players could play world class oppostion and make $$$ in the IPL. football tho?...i would think the standard of the pro league better. they had one of their best sign with kansas city of the MLS and he couldn't even get a start in 2010.

we go see what they do in the asian cup starting on the 7th. they group with Oz, Japan and another also ran.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 06:13:07 PM »
we cricket players could play world class oppostion and make $$$ in the IPL. football tho?...i would think the standard of the pro league better. they had one of their best sign with kansas city of the MLS and he couldn't even get a start in 2010.

we go see what they do in the asian cup starting on the 7th. they group with Oz, Japan and another also ran.

Cricket and football. Two different kettle of fish!!! But the IPL has indeed open the way to make money in cricket. No doubt about that. But does that improve our Test team. No. 20/20. It appears so!!!!!!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 01:18:37 PM »

Cricket and football. Two different kettle of fish!!! But the IPL has indeed open the way to make money in cricket. No doubt about that. But does that improve our Test team. No. 20/20. It appears so!!!!!!

of course it improves our test team, its trini players who are the best in the world, pollard being the best in the world in 20/20, but can't get picked for tests

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 02:45:38 PM »
Andre,
India is heading in the right direction by sending their youth teams on tours in Europe and the USA,they are creating a solid foundation,  as their under 16 had a very good tour of the USA recently, India recently got beat by Thailand by 1 goal to nil,a few years ago that could have been 4 or 5 nil.India's league is bigger and have players from every part of the globe,this would surely improve their game and they also have massive crowds they could be on par with us in 10 years time,I look forward to seeing what they can do in the Asian Cup.Their young MLS player didn't get a start but did play,he wasn't satisfied with his debut but that is not unusual,I dont think he is the first Indian to play in the MLS,I'll have to check that to be sure.Regards.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 04:02:51 PM »
East begal is the hotbed of football in India. If they get a quarter of the money the cricket gets, they will indeed improve. Only time will tell.

1]; } ?>