April 19, 2024, 06:45:44 PM

Author Topic: Caribbean Twenty20 2011  (Read 35536 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Caribbean Twenty20 2011
« Reply #300 on: January 23, 2011, 09:16:25 PM »
Lets go check d haters on caribbeancricket.com
sounds like a plan  ;D

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 23, 2011, 09:19:51 PM »
T&T CT20 Champions 2011 !!!

Not until we beat Hampshire. Leave no doubt.

Ahmmm....wha yuh was saying?

Now we could jump up!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 23, 2011, 09:20:19 PM »

:devil:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 23, 2011, 09:21:02 PM »

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 23, 2011, 09:21:35 PM »
Dat doh look like Dujon at all, he age pretty badly if I may so
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 23, 2011, 09:24:10 PM »

Ramdin has proved that Ganga the cappo is a overhyped traffic cop who tries to make it look like he making things happen when in fact he was not.

Hopefully TT will fire his rass and mek Ramdin or Bravo full time captain and help to wrestle the WI captaincy from that other over animated clown name Darren Scammy
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 23, 2011, 09:24:39 PM »

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 23, 2011, 09:26:11 PM »
 :rotfl:  at Tallman
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 23, 2011, 09:34:19 PM »

We didn't have to wait for the CLT20...

For the Titties to embarrass we......

They doing it right in de Caribbean....
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 23, 2011, 09:55:02 PM »

We made it to the CLT20 final last time .

Play unbeaten in this 20/20 and they still want us to fail.
what ah bunch of  :loser:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 23, 2011, 10:00:26 PM »

ENT so this talk bout dey representing d Cbb HELLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOO

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 23, 2011, 10:34:51 PM »
sounds like a plan  ;D
Everybody gone c**try.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 23, 2011, 11:42:15 PM »
T&T needs to start winning at 4 day games now.

T&T does not have a team to do that. only trinidad and Guyana kill them self over T20 cricket. most people in Jamaica are not interested, win or not. 4 day cricket is real cricket. and even tho Jamaica win the last three consecutive title, the sport now fall to fourth behind football, track and netball. T20 suck, look how short that garbage is,can any one take that serious.stueps.

A-hole that is why I said we need to start winning at four day.So we can be a more complete team. And also t-20 is where the money is. Maybe nobody in Jamaica interested but every where else around the world interest is high. Did espn and euro sport care that Jamaica won at 4 day? I hope you doh cry when T&T run out on the field in the CL. But then again yuh could always say that yard is champ of 4 days and see how much the rest of the world cares.

what you call world? India?, even tho they have a bash in Australia, people there is saying the same thing. money is what about to destroy cricket. less people watch cricket today. i don't care if 4 days is not shown internationally. that's why their is a west indies team. T20 cannot develop players for the future, there is a lot of players who wouldn't even get a chance to play. 4 days is what Barbados and Jamaica put their resource in. quiky cricket is good for money, but not for development.

as far as i am concerned cricket is a dying game in england and in the carribean. it is mostly popular only in india,pakistan, bangladesh, sri lanka, australia, newzealand, even in south africa it is loosing it’s popularity. cricket when originated in lords in england was basically played by the rich and the government officials who had lot of time for leisure during summer seasons. they would not play this game during winter as winters were very cold. Since, it was played by the rich and the so called lords it failed to have impact on the masses thus its popularity is not a big one in almost all the countries around the world barring some few. it is also a time consuming game with not much of physical activity thus common man with no time for long leisure coul not play this game making it very unpopular. in india it has recieved media hype because media was controlled by the rich and mostly rich would play it thus it became popular in india. if you ask any common indian who are slightly aged from rural areas they would not have played cricket at all when they were young. infact it is hockey that is more popular than cricket around the globe but since it has not recieved much of media attention in india it is a dying game in india itself just like cricket a dying game in england.

icc tried to popularise it by spending huge amounts of money but failed.It seems that cricket will be confined to very few countries.Eventually it may die out in 30-40 years.

do you think espn going to turn down that large amount of money the ICC is giving them to broadcast the game? hell no.

money will destroy the game, just look at the IPL only a few get pick to play, and the season is short.

the interest is just not in it in Jamaica to create players to swing bat for 6 or 7 overs and then say you are great. if that's the case, is better they develop  http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2010-03-07/jamaica-build-baseball-field-help-from-mlb
This 20 20 bs ,is our ticket my breddrin .Finally light shine on us ,for many years our players where never good enough to make the WI team ,never no matter what  .Now we have another outlet for international exposer ,our spinners would now be seen in the meccas of spin and judged there ,so all our players.They already had a hoot over the antics of Mohammed and the might of Pollards Hammer,.Lets see how great we really are ,cause according to the general populous of the West Indian diaspora ,we are lacking and ordinary .Let the world judge us ,where tired of your Caribbean Kangaroo Court ,who deem us never good enough.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 11:47:56 PM by Quags »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #313 on: January 23, 2011, 11:54:55 PM »
T&T needs to start winning at 4 day games now.

T&T does not have a team to do that. only trinidad and Guyana kill them self over T20 cricket. most people in Jamaica are not interested, win or not. 4 day cricket is real cricket. and even tho Jamaica win the last three consecutive title, the sport now fall to fourth behind football, track and netball. T20 suck, look how short that garbage is,can any one take that serious.stueps.

A-hole that is why I said we need to start winning at four day.So we can be a more complete team. And also t-20 is where the money is. Maybe nobody in Jamaica interested but every where else around the world interest is high. Did espn and euro sport care that Jamaica won at 4 day? I hope you doh cry when T&T run out on the field in the CL. But then again yuh could always say that yard is champ of 4 days and see how much the rest of the world cares.

what you call world? India?, even tho they have a bash in Australia, people there is saying the same thing. money is what about to destroy cricket. less people watch cricket today. i don't care if 4 days is not shown internationally. that's why their is a west indies team. T20 cannot develop players for the future, there is a lot of players who wouldn't even get a chance to play. 4 days is what Barbados and Jamaica put their resource in. quiky cricket is good for money, but not for development.

as far as i am concerned cricket is a dying game in england and in the carribean. it is mostly popular only in india,pakistan, bangladesh, sri lanka, australia, newzealand, even in south africa it is loosing it’s popularity. cricket when originated in lords in england was basically played by the rich and the government officials who had lot of time for leisure during summer seasons. they would not play this game during winter as winters were very cold. Since, it was played by the rich and the so called lords it failed to have impact on the masses thus its popularity is not a big one in almost all the countries around the world barring some few. it is also a time consuming game with not much of physical activity thus common man with no time for long leisure coul not play this game making it very unpopular. in india it has recieved media hype because media was controlled by the rich and mostly rich would play it thus it became popular in india. if you ask any common indian who are slightly aged from rural areas they would not have played cricket at all when they were young. infact it is hockey that is more popular than cricket around the globe but since it has not recieved much of media attention in india it is a dying game in india itself just like cricket a dying game in england.

icc tried to popularise it by spending huge amounts of money but failed.It seems that cricket will be confined to very few countries.Eventually it may die out in 30-40 years.

do you think espn going to turn down that large amount of money the ICC is giving them to broadcast the game? hell no.

money will destroy the game, just look at the IPL only a few get pick to play, and the season is short.

the interest is just not in it in Jamaica to create players to swing bat for 6 or 7 overs and then say you are great. if that's the case, is better they develop  http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2010-03-07/jamaica-build-baseball-field-help-from-mlb
This 20 20 bs ,is our ticket my breddrin .Finally light shine on us ,for many years our players where never good enough to make the WI team ,never no matter what  .Now we have another outlet for international exposer ,our spinners would now be seen in the meccas of spin and judged there ,so all our players.They already had a hoot over the antics of Mohammed and the might of Pollards Hammer,.Lets see how great we really are ,cause according to the general populous of the West Indian diaspora ,we are lacking and ordinary .Let the world judge us ,where tired of your Caribbean Kangaroo Court ,who deem us never good enough.

ENT so this talk bout dey representing d Cbb HELLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOO

been preaching to you guys for years, people don't like when TT do well, some men have no choice but to support bc its west indian and they don't want to be singled out.

as far as i am concerned, we should have at least 7 players on all west indies teams

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 24, 2011, 02:07:57 AM »
Now let me see....this is d 2nd time d fellas qualify for d Champions League(D World Club Cup of Cricket )

When D Soca Warriors qualify for d World Cup each player get 250,000 plus shares each from d Unit Trust if ah recall and still in the process of being compensated for other monies...

As for qualifying and placing 2nd in d Champions League in cricket ...i dont recall if any of them receive anything..

Whether they receive anything for representing TNT for the 2nd Champions League ...I believe they should....

What do you think?

« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 03:04:03 AM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #315 on: January 24, 2011, 06:35:04 AM »

I was taken aback by his looks too. Hard time aging going on. Ya check out fat boy Countney Walsh.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 24, 2011, 08:11:44 AM »
Now let me see....this is d 2nd time d fellas qualify for d Champions League(D World Club Cup of Cricket )

When D Soca Warriors qualify for d World Cup each player get 250,000 plus shares each from d Unit Trust if ah recall and still in the process of being compensated for other monies...

As for qualifying and placing 2nd in d Champions League in cricket ...i dont recall if any of them receive anything..

Whether they receive anything for representing TNT for the 2nd Champions League ...I believe they should....

What do you think?

Was discussed b4  and d esteem Min of Sport say we need a criteria 2 honour sportsmen. So leh we c what happen now. D different wit both sets of athletes is that 1 does get pay big bucks dem cricketers does get dey money while d footballers does have 2 hire lawyer and ting.

On a serious note  qualifyin 4 d WC 2006 was a special ocassion thus d fanfare. I do not feel it is correct 2 compare d both.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 24, 2011, 09:02:17 AM »

What do you think?

and what your point????

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #318 on: January 24, 2011, 11:29:03 AM »

What do you think?

and what your point????

his point is, our cricket is at a higher level than our football, but our cricket players not getting compensated like our football players who are underachievers.

pollard for example is the #1 20/20 batsman in the world.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 24, 2011, 04:31:32 PM »
Yes, Pollard is the best 20/2o batsmen and he gets his money from his club team. Which is correct. Well 20/20  just started recently and when TT win I have no issue with the gov't giving them gratuaity for winning.

You think Dwight made his millions playing for TT. His money came from Villa, Manu and Sydney. Them footballers were lucky Patos decided to give them something for the brief limelight on the world stage. For one brief moment the whole world get to know TT. All yuh could talk all the crap about the footballers does get more than cricket. karma is a bitch. We (footballers and fan) are paying for jack sins. the higher he get to fifa the worse we become. The irony is we have good indidviduals.  And I will keep saying, as long as he is there we ain't going nowhere. We need a f--king change. If jack so good why the cricket fraternity don't allow him in their circle.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 24, 2011, 06:26:47 PM »
Please allow Ganga his last days of glory and after the AirTel in India he could be replaced,there is no doubt that he has been a great success as TT captain over a long time,that is not easy to do.Ramdin did well against a sub standard Hampshire team,anybody on the TT team could have done what Ramdin did,dont deny Ganga his "last hurrah".Our next captain must be Pollard not Bravo.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 24, 2011, 07:17:45 PM »
Well Deeks yuh know..when Patos was in govt...dem cricketers did also qualify for d Champions League and dem wasnt as fortunate as d footballers to see ah cent...

If YOrke is your argument thenhe was reciprocated just like all the other footballers with UNit Trust...
Dem Cricketers qualify for d Champions League 2nd time round even bettering d 1 WorldCup in football we make.....

Your argument about Jack and he footballl is baseless....we taking cricket here...
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 24, 2011, 09:17:26 PM »

except for Bravo, they still not good enough. 20/20 is not cricket. no wonder they cant make runs in the longer version of the game.

I was taken aback by his looks too. Hard time aging going on. Ya check out fat boy Countney Walsh.

other than lara how many great cricketer trinidad have?, :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  and remember jamaica is not a big cricket loving nation like Guyana, trinidad or Barbados.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:20:05 PM by jahkingdom »
Hard work is the key to success

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 24, 2011, 09:56:39 PM »

except for Bravo, they still not good enough. 20/20 is not cricket. no wonder they cant make runs in the longer version of the game.

other than lara how many great cricketer trinidad have?, :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  and remember jamaica is not a big cricket loving nation like Guyana, trinidad or Barbados.

OK so we produce 1 gr8 cricketer lets us all cry ourselves 2 sleep. All yuh produce plenty sure u can sleep betta 2nite and we cyah sleep because of it.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 25, 2011, 01:48:52 AM »

Shame on alyah ,or no shame ! And you have the audacity to lecture us on cricket ,when you dont even care or love it as much !

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 25, 2011, 02:03:32 AM »

larry gomes, gus logie, bernard julian, derreck murry, ian bishop, jeff stallmire just to name ah few, and last but not least brian lara the king of all cricketers, broke sobers record , came and lose the record and allyuh jamaicans jump for joy when the aussie broke his record only for him tuh make allyuh cry by breakin the record again!

ah never forget when allyuh jamaicans was routing for austrailia in the world netball tourney in 1979 when we lose to australia but still won the tourney in ah three way tie. from that day i know allyuh hate any other caribbean island tuh do better than allyuh!

the same way allyuh does find it hard to congratulate ah fellow caribbean country for any kind of accomplishments, mean while when jamaica does well, every caribbean nation does be happy tuh see a fellow caribbean country representing the region.

and about trini's lovin cricket, that's ah big lie! bajans, antigans and guyanese real love cricket and that's their first love, even jamaicans love cricket more than us, every body knows that trinis sport of choice is football, and the best cricketers in the world is bajans by two country mile.

i hate tuh talk this tribal talk, but it seems to me like"MOST" jamaicans does drink haterade yes!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #326 on: January 25, 2011, 03:13:16 AM »

larry gomes, gus logie, bernard julian, derreck murry, ian bishop, jeff stallmire just to name ah few, and last but not least brian lara the king of all cricketers, broke sobers record , came and lose the record and allyuh jamaicans jump for joy when the aussie broke his record only for him tuh make allyuh cry by breakin the record again!

ah never forget when allyuh jamaicans was routing for austrailia in the world netball tourney in 1979 when we lose to australia but still won the tourney in ah three way tie. from that day i know allyuh hate any other caribbean island tuh do better than allyuh!

the same way allyuh does find it hard to congratulate ah fellow caribbean country for any kind of accomplishments, mean while when jamaica does well, every caribbean nation does be happy tuh see a fellow caribbean country representing the region.

and about trini's lovin cricket, that's ah big lie! bajans, antigans and guyanese real love cricket and that's their first love, even jamaicans love cricket more than us, every body knows that trinis sport of choice is football, and the best cricketers in the world is bajans by two country mile.

i hate tuh talk this tribal talk, but it seems to me like"MOST" jamaicans does drink haterade yes!

Yeah  ! yuh bring back some serious memories dey. I remember what you speak of in 1979, during those days it was the tork in Trini that they hated us. I eh know wha wrong do them jakans nah.. not until they start putting lime in all dey meats before they season them, maybe then and only then the lime might do something to their brain to change for the good of Jamaica.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 03:21:14 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #327 on: January 25, 2011, 01:02:56 PM »

bajans use to produce the best cricketers, now its trinidad and the mere fact is, the other islands and mostly yard cannot take we have all the best player now  :D

trinidad was always a football nation and have richer legacy than ja, but our infighting is making our football a laughing stock

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 25, 2011, 01:15:46 PM »

bajans use to produce the best cricketers, now its trinidad and the mere fact is, the other islands and mostly yard cannot take we have all the best player now  :D

trinidad was always a football nation and have richer legacy than ja, but our infighting is making our football a laughing stock

why dont we just call it Jack on this one ?

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 25, 2011, 02:39:01 PM »

just cool. what type of garbage that you just type. those are no cricketers to talk about :rotfl: :rotfl:. i was supporting lara when he broke the record so that  non-statement. jamaicans do not love cricket like the other islands. lara is the only great cricketer trinidad have.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 03:07:29 PM by jahkingdom »
Hard work is the key to success

1]; } ?>