April 18, 2024, 12:56:28 AM

Author Topic: SIA Shocker  (Read 69610 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
SIA Shocker
« on: January 21, 2011, 08:36:23 AM »
Hmm

A new Director has been appointed to head the Security Intelligence Agency (SIA).

President George Maxwell Richards, acting on the advice of Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, earlier this week issued the instrument of appointment to 31-year-old Reshmi Usha Ramnarine.

Ramnarine has been attached to the SIA for the past four years where she held the post of communications technician. She was among the employees sent home when the SIA was busted in October last year.

Her appointment is expected to last for six months.

The SIA came into public glare last year when Attorney General Anand Ramlogan announced that the SIA was illegally spying on citizens of T&T.

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, in addressing Parliament, called the names of several people, including members of her Cabinet, Opposition MPs, journalists and trade unionists upon whom the SIA was spying.

Following the announcement, Director of the SIA, Nigel Clement was fired. Clement succeeded Lynne Ann Williams, a former soldier, who ran the unit for close to 14 years.

Williams is now the executive director of Caricom Implementation Agency for Crime and Security (IMPACS).

Sources say Ramnarine's appointment has left a sour taste in the mouths of SIA personnel, since she lacks the educational background and expertise to run the agency which deals with intelligence gathering information and security issues with regards to the country.

"She has no training whatsoever in the field of security and intelligence," a source said.

Stating that Ramnarine will be exposed to "extremely sensitive material on national security issues," the source added that employees at SIA were officially informed of the appointment on Wednesday, when Ramnarine called a meeting displaying her instrument of appointment. Calls to several government ministers on the issue were dodged as many of them expressed surprise at the appointment.

One Minister, who did not wish to be identified, said: "I am now hearing of this. It probably happened and we (Cabinet) did not know."

Sources said Ramnarine, a past student of John Donaldson Technical Institute, entered the SIA as a junior support staff member and earned a monthly salary of $5,000.

With this promotion, Ramnarine's salary has now been pushed into the $40,000-$45,000 range. She will also receive transportation, travelling and other allowances. Should she be required to travel, she will be entitled to business class.

Sources further say following the SIA fiasco last year, Persad-Bissessar had appointed Trevor Ganpat, 33, to head the agency. Ganpat, sources say, is a senior intelligence analyst and was in charge of the Threat Assessment Group during the Caribbean Heads of Government Conference (CHOGM) held in 2009, which saw United States President Barack Obama and world leaders visit Trinidad.

Ganpat has been attached to SIA for the past ten years and is currently awaiting results from the University of the West Indies, having completed his Masters in Criminology.

Ganpat is also an intelligence analyst on the National Security Council.

Sources say that Ganpat was given his instrument of appointment to head the agency within 24 hours after a recommendation was made for him to be at the helm, but this was rescinded, weeks after.

Two weeks ago, Ganpat and another senior analyst— Julie Browne—were given their instruments of appointment to the post of Deputy Directors of SIA.

They received their instruments from Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of National Security Jennifer Boucaud-Blake.

Repeated efforts to get a response from Ramnarine proved unsuccessful, as calls to her cellphone went unanswered and voice messages were not returned.

Calls to Minister of National Security John Sandy and Minister in the Ministry Subhas Panday, also went unanswered.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SIA Shocker
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 08:38:34 AM »
T&T sweet too bad...

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 08:42:30 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce you to......The Peoples Partnershit.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 09:08:18 AM »
T & T's first "Double Agent"  :beermug:
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 09:15:10 AM »
I looking for a Sugar Mama. I feel I go vibes she.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 09:20:43 AM »
Hi Reshmi....nice to meet u...if yuh get this email...please PM me...i would love to have tea with you....I have ah friend called TT.....he sometimes ah little tottlebay but he means well...if yuh have ah friend ...we would like tuh have tea together....at your convenience of course.......look forward to hearing from you soon....

Rotatopoti
Ah say it, how ah see it

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 09:53:27 AM »
Yuh know Sasha Mohammad?  Dat is Reshmi good fren.

I hope yuh get de picture now.

Racism alive and well with dis government.

I changing my name to Vishu Anand Gopissing.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 10:07:46 AM »
Patrick Manning is you to blame for having we in this for curry.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 10:14:02 AM »
How the ass Ganpat who have 10 years of experience and training and qualified in criminology get Deputy and some junior support with no technical training get Director ? Kamla on shit.   

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 10:14:12 AM »
Yuh know Sasha Mohammad?  Dat is Reshmi good fren.

I hope yuh get de picture now.

Racism alive and well with dis government.

I changing my name to Vishu Anand Gopissing.

:rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 11:03:23 AM »
How the ass Ganpat who have 10 years of experience and training and qualified in criminology get Deputy and some junior support with no technical training get Director ? Kamla on shit.   

oooooohhhh guuuuudddd Jah  :o, dis is not your normal eloquent self....things real bad for trute dread..... :(

Whey Sammy??  Hey Sammy, yuh still think that 83% of the country being dissatisfied should be dismissed because it was the result of a poll conducted on a  "PNM" radio station?? ??

Steups!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 11:12:07 AM »
This is really really sad, disappointing, frustrating and any other word that comes to mind.  The PP is really turning into a papi show.  I know it points to racism but I wouldn't say that yet (although it starting to look that way eh).  It's more of a friends and family thing.  There was so much promise, yet still, the PP taking advantage of the people's godwill.  Shall we say One and Done!!!

Arimian to meh heart

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 11:25:43 AM »

oooooohhhh guuuuudddd Jah  :o, dis is not your normal eloquent self....things real bad for trute dread..... :(

Whey Sammy??  Hey Sammy, yuh still think that 83% of the country being dissatisfied should be dismissed because it was the result of a poll conducted on a  "PNM" radio station?? ??

Steups!!!
That’s the best I could do with this news. Nepotism is found in many organizations and in government in particular it is par for the course. I believe in meritocracy and accountability but I am willing to accept that somewhere along the line partycard holders, friends and family bound to get a lil wok.  What I can't deal with is brazen unfairness and irresponsilibity on the part of elected officials. This isn’t some middle management post in a government bureaucracy. This is the head of the country’s national intelligence institution. A bligh can’t work for that position.  The Prime Minister is squarely to be blamed for this appointment. Yes, she on shit.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 11:34:27 AM »
Patrick Manning is you to blame for having we in this for curry.

He provided d gun nuff peeps pull d trigger.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 11:47:14 AM »
This appointment smelling like a reward bonanza

Chick was making approx 5k a month now 45k

An increase of 40k over a 6 month period amounting to about 240k give or take a few ks

I wonder what type of information Ms Ramnarine was exposed to leading up to and after the election, and who she was talking to that may have set off the whole SIA bachannal from day one.

This is the only sense I can make of the whole thing. Perfectly legal appointment and payout, the position was vacant before and will probably become null and void after the 6 months as the gov't continues to restructure the intelligence agencies.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 11:52:26 AM »
This is really really sad, disappointing, frustrating and any other word that comes to mind.  The PP is really turning into a papi show.  I know it points to racism but I wouldn't say that yet (although it starting to look that way eh).  It's more of a friends and family thing.  There was so much promise, yet still, the PP taking advantage of the people's godwill.  Shall we say One and Done!!!

With an undercurrent of race... not racism, mind you.  They putting in power people they know and comfortable with, and I sure when all ah we look at we circle of acquaintances, those we "know and comfortable with", chances are a majority look like us.  But all that rationale aside... people getting rewarded fuh dey support.  Ah fella I went primary school with, Kevin Ramnarine get ah Independent Senator chair for being no more than a PP loyalist.  Mind you he have advanced degrees in Petroleum Engineering and Business so I have no business with his other appointment to the Min. of Energy... but then yuh give him ah next salary on top of that by making him Senator too? lol.

Anyways... as fuh dis story, my gyul went from Communications Tech (whatever that is), tuh calling de shots on National Security.  A couple words come to mind... but mind-boggling is the most immediate.

PP playing with house money... dem ent care, lol

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 11:53:34 AM »
Is ANYBODY getting put on state boards too.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 11:54:56 AM »
I am reliably informed that Ms. Ramnarine has an Associate Degree in Criminal Justice.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 12:00:27 PM »
I am reliably informed that Ms. Ramnarine has an Associate Degree in Criminal Justice.

Nuff police I know have dat qualification.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2011, 12:02:00 PM »

With an undercurrent of race... not racism, mind you.  They putting in power people they know and comfortable with, and I sure when all ah we look at we circle of acquaintances, those we "know and comfortable with", chances are a majority look like us.  But all that rationale aside... people getting rewarded fuh dey support.  Ah fella I went primary school with, Kevin Ramnarine get ah Independent Senator chair for being no more than a PP loyalist.  Mind you he have advanced degrees in Petroleum Engineering and Business so I have no business with his other appointment to the Min. of Energy... but then yuh give him ah next salary on top of that by making him Senator too? lol.

Anyways... as fuh dis story, my gyul went from Communications Tech (whatever that is), tuh calling de shots on National Security.  A couple words come to mind... but mind-boggling is the most immediate.

PP playing with house money... dem ent care, lol
Imagine how you feeling if she is your boss?  Yuh know she not qualified and is all about who know she.... Doh get meh wrong, that does happy everyday but I don't know that someone could go from a tech to the boss of intelligence?  If this woman is not removed from this post or at least they give the reasoning behind the hire, I'm afraid the PP will lose whatever credability they have left (and it eh much).....  Hey at least they giving Spalk a break now, we have something else to talk about.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2011, 12:09:38 PM »
I wonder if this could be the straw that break the camel back .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2011, 12:12:53 PM »

I don't believe that qualifies her to hold such a high post.  Although I gather Jah Gol was being sarcastic....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2011, 12:13:56 PM »
I wonder if this could be the straw that break the camel back .

Dat Camel back broad.  Trinidad birth dat bastard chile, now dey have to raise it.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2011, 12:17:38 PM »

I don't believe that qualifies her to hold such a high post.  Although I gather Jah Gol was being sarcastic....
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic I was trying to emphasize that she isn't qualified. An Associate Degree is a very low qualification.

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2011, 12:25:40 PM »
somehow ah feel sandy ent know one arse about this either....
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2011, 12:26:01 PM »

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic I was trying to emphasize that she isn't qualified. An Associate Degree is a very low qualification.
Well it's sarcasm... 
Arimian to meh heart

truetrini

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2011, 12:28:31 PM »
I hear she is de one who find de missing grand paino..so she well qualified!

Afterall the PM, could NOT find it,
Gary Griffith could NOT find it,
Anand could NOT find it,
None ah Kamla frens and family coulda find it....

truetrini

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2011, 12:33:38 PM »
Soon TI go come here and say de PNM do se same ting...lol

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2011, 12:36:30 PM »
dese ladies an' gentlemen takin dotishness to new heights.............or is it lows ??? :-\
I pity the fool....

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2011, 12:43:09 PM »

well she holding some high man post.. could this me JACK again?? :devil:
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

1]; } ?>