April 16, 2024, 11:38:11 AM

Author Topic: Kamla in Wonderland... (c'mon, you knew it was inevitable)  (Read 520 times)

Offline Die_Hard

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Kamla in Wonderland... (c'mon, you knew it was inevitable)
« on: January 23, 2011, 10:24:54 PM »
Kamla in Wonderland... (c'mon, you knew it was inevitable)
.by Phillip Edward Alexander on Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 2:25pm.So here we are, eight months into the experiment called the People's Partnership and no one is quite sure what it all means; The agreement that was signed bringing it to life has never been made public so no one other than a select few have any clue as to what was signed to.

The PNM supporters, entrenched and unmovable as little as one year ago, are walking around dazed in circles.

Soundly beaten by the antics of their own former Leader, they are busy trying to regroup and rally around their new Leader who, while appearing comatose for a while, seems to finally be finding his voice if not his feet.

You can tell that, even though he has not yet lived up to the promise of himself and that he has not yet captured their hearts and minds, the enemy of my enemy remains my friend; and while he is not the best port to their current liking (all things can change in politics), like it or not he is their only port at present and will have to be loved either until he grows into his role or until the opportunity to replace him arrives.

The UNC supporters, happy to be in charge of the cash register again are in their glee as more Indo Trinidadians getting opportunities that they believe were unfairly enjoyed by Afro Trinidadians for too long not that long ago.

Happy to see their Afro brothers and sisters lose their ill gotten gains, the UNC have stowed away the pretty face adopted for the campaign and are in full on attack mode against all that is perceived to be PNM.

The COP supporters, responsible in no small part for the curious and hitherto unpredictable turn of events have found themselves in a no man's land, not sure if they're in between the devil and the deep blue sea or a rock and a hard place and are standing motionless, stunned, and mumbling their displeasure to each other.

Playing the role of the mad hatter to the hilt, they continue to enable the Queen's excesses, if only as a way to save themselves.

Kamla, elected Queen of the rabbit hole is making herself a quiet riot in our politics and suggests that if these zany decisions are really hers then she is not Prime Ministerial material and ought to be fired.

If they aren't then who commands the Prime Minister?

What manner of real life madness is this where the true Leader of the country is masked and controls who we think leads?

And what of us, the electorate, the population, the people.

What part do we play in this crazy political fairy tale.

Are we supposed to stand by and look on in wonder, or are we destined for more than just tea and crumpets at the mad hatter's table?

These are actual quotes from the story Alice in Wonderland, they bear such similarity to events taking place daily in our bit of the garden I thought I'd attribute them to events and characters, just so you understand why I think we're all living in Wonderland:

The King

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. - Dr. Keith Rowley's apparent plan post Patrick Manning

The Queen

Sentence first -- verdict afterwards. - Anand Ramlogan, in dealing with everything since being appointed Attorney General

Alice

If it had grown up, it would have made a dreadfully ugly child; but it makes rather a handsome pig, I think. -  An excellent description of the UNC under its current Leadership according to Basdeo Panday

The Mock Turtle

We called him Tortoise because he taught us. - Roodal Moonilal on Basdeo Panday

Alice

You're nothing but a pack of cards! - As Jack Warner said to the CAL Board, which immediately turned around and ignored him.

The Duchess

That's nothing to what I could say if I chose.  - as concise a comment as possible if Kamla ever chose to be completely honest with everybody.

Alice

It would be so nice if something made sense for a change. - COP supporters, fed up of the political mudslinging and the nothingness emanating from Parliament.

Mad Hatter

No wonder you're late. Why, this watch is exactly two days slow. - Winston Dookeran trying to explain the state of the economy.

Alice

I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.- The thinking electorate, those with genuine love of country, depressed at their condition, damned if they don't, damned if they do.

The Duchess

If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does. - Suruj Rambachan's media policy.

The Cat

We're all mad here. - I leave this one up to you....

1]; } ?>