April 26, 2024, 12:38:26 PM

Author Topic: SERIOUS TALK ONLY: WTF IS UP WITH OFFICALS IN THE EPL?  (Read 1608 times)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
SERIOUS TALK ONLY: WTF IS UP WITH OFFICALS IN THE EPL?
« on: March 02, 2011, 10:20:44 AM »
it is clear as day regarless as to who you support in the EPL that the officiating is substandard

this thread is not about conspiracies, who getting the call vs who not

over time it clearly shows that manu... nah joking

but seriously over time the reffs linos and even 4th officals are missing something

there needs to be clear accountabilty

why do we leave parts of the game to opionins and interpretations of individuals?

things like goalline tech and time keeping should be handled by technology no excuses in this day and age, very simple for the 4th offical to do, stop clock when reff blows whistle, start it back when he blows again, non of this approximate shite! with the time being told to the reff via his ear piece thus giving him final say on blowing whistle and if there is a discrepancy between factual time keeping and his blowing of the whistle he then becomes culpable

goal line tech, nuff said its ready now, FIFA do yuh job!

Offside, always will be tricky, and i dont think we are ready for instant replays for officals to make or break the call, even if it involves a goal

off the ball fouls, seen or unseen by officals. FA being hamsturng by if the ref see and reports it as gospel is a sticky wicket.

this leads to the question, why is the reffs interpretation of the LAWS inconsistent? A reff number one responsibility is to up hold the SPIRIT of the game
which is a very noble attirbute to expect but not realistic in todays game

people do what you inspect not what you expect

trinis drive terribly because no one is constantly correcting thier actions
players dive, pull shirts, tackle with two feet studs up etc and will continue to do so until the officals call it every single time and exact the correct punishment for it, be it just making the call or carding etc

give away a foul everytime you pull a shirt i bet you stop doing it
carded for diving everytime ppl will stop

reffs have too much power and show too much inconsistency in weilding that power

but until i kidnapp sepp, and go in disguised as him (a la missionimpossible sytlee) and slap up the FIFA members and an extra kick in the balls for Jack. it wont happen in my lifetime

god i cant wait for new blood and life to be breathed into each countries football associations and eventually into FIFA

long live the beautiful game

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SERIOUS TALK ONLY: WTF IS UP WITH OFFICALS IN THE EPL?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 11:34:19 AM »
Part of the natural problem is that you have referees that have probably never played the game and can't tell the difference between a foul that is committed and a foul that is sold........then, of course, there's the manu problem, then there is the EPL agenda.  All of this contributes to the poor refereeing we se in the EPL.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 11:57:29 AM »
Refs are human... watch any league long enough, often enough and I'm sure you'll be able to say the same about the game in the other top leagues/top-flight competitions.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 12:06:36 PM »
Refs are human... watch any league long enough, often enough and I'm sure you'll be able to say the same about the game in the other top leagues/top-flight competitions.
I happen to like some of the practices in the English league that try to keep the game running.

I always say sometimes defenders get away with murder in the Premeirship but that is just my opinion on the way the English think about contact in the sport. By and large I don't find it any less fair or balanced than other top leagues in Europe.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 12:12:53 PM »
ok i can only talk about what i have knowledge of
therefore i only watch epl games and international tournaments

and experience of refs in trini and playing in college in UK

all i can say is this because of refs in games i played i went and did the ref course in trini just so i can know exactly where they coming from

and you are right it takes a player to reff the game
but not just any player a player who up holds the integrity of the game and puts the game before themselves

how i wish i thought of becoming a reff in my early 20's instead of bullishly trying to play on sweating with a shitty knee

i mighta been setting the bar, oh well dream away

all i am asking for is:
consistency
technical support for them
real simple
pull ah shirt etc its tweeeeet! foul everytime
anyone who bawls the shit fuh brains excuse that it will kill the game and be a foul every two minutes is ignorant and lives by the rules of get away with what you can
you will see how fast players stop pulling shirts, diving, cussing reffs, throwing elbows etc. the players will start to straighten up of be penalised and negatively affect thier team

but asking the clubs to instil that and you will end up with arsenal the last few years, looking for protection and not getting it then being called soft
so what did arsenal do? they got shit for having bad disciplinary record when wenger first came in, so they worked on it got all the top fair play awards while being kicked off the park and into hospitals (3 broken legs)
now they balancing between old record and new ways, i mean you can get a red card for being last man and pulling a down a forward, is that a malicious foul compared to say a late challenge that catches the player, injures them and you only get a yellow?
then ppl will point to how many cards the team has this season and say they are getting tougher? no it all has to be taken into context

man yuh see how much this officiating shit gets to me

refs need th eball to constantly blow for the foul and players will fal in line or suffer the consequence

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 12:18:59 PM »
I happen to like some of the practices in the English league that try to keep the game running.

I always say sometimes defenders get away with murder in the Premeirship but that is just my opinion on the way the English think about contact in the sport. By and large I don't find it any less fair or balanced than other top leagues in Europe.
i can only really talk about the EPL
and yuh right typical generic everyday lowclass english majority will say go on son get stuck in there, and thats fair but dont stick yuh boot up the player arse or studs in his shins
going in for a tackle is the game, but pulling shirts, elbowing, diving, timewasting, creeping up to shorten the 10yards on a free kick, running into box during pk, etc should be called everytime

i dont care that idiots think the "flow" of the game will be stopped. guess what the flow was stopped by the players
ref ref is controling the players not the flow
the players control the flow
dont foul, dont do the petty cheating crap and the game will flow the reff wont have to call it as often if the just dont do it because they know he will call it out

i mean shit man, stick yuh hand in fire you will get burned, the ref the to smack you up side the head everytime you stick yuh hand in fire eventually you will stop sticking yuh hand in fire

or lose enough brain cells and be too stupid to play

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 12:28:53 PM »
I'm as frustrated with the officiating as any and can cite several notable examples to point to how "poor" the officiating is in the EPL... but on the flip side you have bribery scandals in the Bundesliga and Serie A the past several years (and you know it's happening in S. America), wildly inconsistent officiating in Champions League and World Cup games etc.

The point being, the EPL only stands out because we watch it perhaps more than we do the other European (or even South American) leagues.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 12:42:41 PM »
ok ok

but who runs football on this rock? FIFA ent

but FA can control thier officals and demand better from them

i just want to see justice and fairplay

fairplay isnt just for the players its for the reffs to uphold too

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 03:07:46 PM »
nothing wrong with them
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 01:36:51 AM »
The FA run refs but the EPL run the refs used in the league. 

The player thing is a factor but less so in the EPL as the refs are "professional refs" and paid a fairly decent sum and are for the most part full time.  This includes reviews, DVD's, marking and training regimes.  So this should take out a lot of the player stuff as they are trained to see the gamemanship.

The problem for the majority of fans in the EPL is the bias on a weekly basis shown by the refs, to the top 4/5 teams.  This was highlighted again this week with Manu - Wigan / Chelsea - Manu. When the big 4/5 play eachother decisions can go either way, normally if it favours anyone its usually the home team.  When these play everyone else, decisions only tend to go one way.  These teams not only get away with fouls that other teams would be punished for, it also includes penalties, bookings and red cards.  The taems also get punished more severly for "softer fouls".  I know people will argue that Manu / Chelsea / Liverpool etc. get even more help than the rest but if you support any of those teams its impossible for the event most fervent fan to deny they get preferrential treatment over the rest. 

Without doubt this helps them to more points over a season, more goals scored, less conceded and less players sent off / suspended.  It has and does had the opposite effect at the other end and has / will get teams relegated. 

I don't think the EPL help when they come out and vigorously defend refs when they are applying "The Letter of Law" but say nothing when the refs are wrong.  There is certainly a us and them attitude.

Things I would like to see.

Technology - FIFA

Removal of the stupid rule can't reref a game, hence if the ref seen it can't do anything about it.  I don't understand this as its rereffing the game if you do something about the ref didn't see surely?

At the minute you can't appeal a yellow card but can a red, yellows lead to suspensions so should be changed.

If players get away with a red card offence and are later punished an extra game on top of the automatic ban to make up for the match he should of been sent off in.

Offside is difficult, I disagree with the commentators taking 3 goes with a line across the pitch to help them to eventually decide the player was offside/onside by a midgeys widge, how can a linesman tell that and get it right all the time in real time.  However decisions like the league cup one against Brum are just plain poor.

I read a bit on the Arsenal forum about refs and made the point that there are too few so they get to know players / mangers etc. especially of the big clubs too well, which I think is true and need more refs. 

How we stop the refs being star struck and giving teams an advantage I don't know.

How much pressure th EPL put on them so don't spoil the product, I don't know.

For the fans of the other teams and probably a fair few neutrels there isn't a sense that its a fair and level playing field at the minute which is just plain wrong and needs to be changed.

1]; } ?>