April 23, 2024, 12:26:31 PM

Poll

Which T&T team had/has the best chemistry?

2005 Soca Warriors
4 (22.2%)
1989 Strike Squad
7 (38.9%)
1973 team
7 (38.9%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Which T&T team had/has the best chemistry?  (Read 2835 times)

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Which T&T team had/has the best chemistry?
« on: October 21, 2005, 04:17:51 AM »
Which team had or have the best chemistry of these three Trinidad world cup seeking teams?

Was it the 73 team which was robbed in Haiti?

Or the 89 team that could not manage a draw to move on to the next level?

Or is it the 2005 high blood pressure unit?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 07:36:59 AM by Tallman »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Best chemistry
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 04:26:35 AM »
shoulda make this ah poll but i'll go with 89 :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 06:35:53 AM »
89'Mainly home bound and was in Camp a lot. Plus most of the team came through the under17, 20 ranks.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 07:13:10 AM »
i ain't see 73 i say 89, together for a longer time men wasn't in and out as much, played more friendlies.

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
Re: Which T&T team had/has the best chemistry?
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 08:04:28 AM »
Fellahs:

Ah from ole school...Fatima supporter for life...ah seen dem alll...but...ah wish allyuh coulda see dem St. Benedicts boys who were the life of the 74's team.  Foregone conclusion.  74 by ten furlong!

Class is class...form is temporary!

Luv U T&T

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 11:11:11 AM »
Ah go have to say '89.  It was the end product of producing fine youth players for a generation who were allowed to pass through the line and graduate to the senior team.  That's where we need to get back to, in terms of developing players.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 10:02:07 PM »
73 team hands down.  Dem fellas actually qualified but for the robbery in Haiti.  To this day, I cannot believe they send Haiti to the WC and then ban them afterwards.  Ah truly strange remedy.  What's in it for us?  Allyuh people dat walking round wit dat Strike Squad shirt like is some Rest In Peace Outfit style eh begin to know de pain of 1973.  When we qualify for de WC, ah hope allyuh bun dem jersey...we doh need to reminisce over pain...but rather enjoy the success when we ge there...and give back some redemption to de fellas who had qualified legally in 1973...and those who almost qualified in 89.  73 squad beat man left and right...and it wasn't no 3 automatic spots in dem days and dem home and away business and dat squad was boss.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2005, 01:04:11 AM »
Ah didn't want to get into this but I got a little nostalgic.
I saw all the teams and what I realised is that age makes a difference in how you see even football teams.
I was a small man, youth , kid whatever you want to call it inthe seventies,
at that time local football was at the biggest in my memory (could it be because I was small?). The crowds that would turn out to watch TECSA vs Malvern or Caroni vs Defence Force were unbelievable.
You could actually go up to your heroes after the game and talk to them, I remember asking Leroy Spann why he does not drink not even a guinness, and he said he had never drunk alcohol in his life and after a game he would settle for orange juice and a banana.
That team was made up of STARS all of them, gally, twinkle toes, steve david, archibald (who pele said was the best player in the world at that time!), selris figaro,sammy lewllyn, rondon,gamaldo, phillips (the original long throw man), .
This team was going to be knocked out of the first round in the playoffs in Haiti and ended up beating mighty Mexico 4-0 imagine that 4-0.
In the final agianst Haiti, I think it was 5 yes 5 goals the officials disallowed, one I remember was Steve David collecting a ball on the right and blowing past three Haitians as if they were just standing and blasting a right footer into the roof of the net and then the referee blew for an infringement against him.
Also imagine two clean headers were scored off of throw ins, ball from phillips hand to man head and into goal, the referee blow for offside !
T&T lose 2-1, after the game papa doc gave all the players on the T&T team gold rolex watches and the officials were banned for life.
That team had qualified for the WC but were robbed!!
So you realise where my sentiment lies.
But as the man said that is in the past and life goes on.
This team (2005) qualifying will definitely have my vote, but they have to get there first.
Footnote: In his heyday Dwight Yorke is the best I have ever seen with Latas and Spanners running a close second.
Ah want de woman on de bass

1]; } ?>