April 18, 2024, 10:41:44 PM

Author Topic: Donald Brashear jumping into Mix martial arts  (Read 1169 times)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Donald Brashear jumping into Mix martial arts
« on: May 31, 2011, 02:14:35 PM »
Brashear ole like me....whey he tink he goin to take some kick from dem young guns ::)...he feel men droppin gloves in de ring or wha?

Former NHL Enforcer Donald Brashear Readies for MMA Debut

During an 18-year career in the National Hockey League, Donald Brashear earned a reputation as one of the sport’s top enforcers due to his willingness to rip off his gloves and throw down. Now, though, he is getting to strap on some gloves and change his fighting arena from a rink to a cage when he makes his mixed martial arts debut at Ringside MMA 11 on June 4.

The 39-year-old will face an opponent yet to be determined in his adopted hometown of Quebec City, Quebec, and his first prizefight will come on very short notice. During a recent edition of The MMA Hour, Brashear said that he decided to take the fight after being approached by the event’s promoter just around one month ago, and with no previous MMA experience. If that sounds like a rash decision, Brashear can’t exactly argue.

“The most I know is from the people I see fighting,” he said. “The only knowledge of fighting I have is boxing and playing in the NHL, so I’ve got a lot of stuff to learn.”
MMA Fighting

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Brashear jumping into Mix martial arts
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 06:16:40 PM »
well if Herschel Walker have a 2-0 MMA record ...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Brashear jumping into Mix martial arts
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 02:16:30 PM »
well if Herschel Walker have a 2-0 MMA record ...

really? he in dat too?
dem fellahs bored oui

daryn ah had was to google dat ............man pushin 50 and still ripped!! doh mind it was ah powder puff fellah he handle
I goin and renew muh gym membership

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PSsgbMpD_fw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PSsgbMpD_fw</a>
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 08:44:15 AM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>