April 23, 2024, 10:40:25 PM

Author Topic: Women's World Cup  (Read 224264 times)

AirMan

Re: Women's World Cup
« Reply #1980 on: July 21, 2011, 07:11:02 PM »
thats where you getting tie up..cause you watch a game with Mexico vs USA and see alot of mexican supporters make you believe that this generation of mexican americans living in the US are not USA supporters..

Whether they support the US or not is besides the point... the original issue was the (lack of) support of the US MNT by immigrants, Mexicans being a prime example.  I bet you that more Mexican immigrants (and their American born children) support El Tri before they support the US. That is evident by just looking at the stands whenever the teams play.  Unless yuh argument is that Customs and Border Patrol relaxes the entry restrictions for Mexicans whenever there's a game.  It only stands to reason that the vast majority of supporters of El Tri that we see in the stands are resident here in the US.

Uhmm that is the point..I made sure and quote the poster who said Mexican americans do not support the US and that is my argument...the whole Mexican americans supporting El Trini is your own argument you wish to have

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: July 21, 2011, 08:15:23 PM »
thats where you getting tie up..cause you watch a game with Mexico vs USA and see alot of mexican supporters make you believe that this generation of mexican americans living in the US are not USA supporters..

Whether they support the US or not is besides the point... the original issue was the (lack of) support of the US MNT by immigrants, Mexicans being a prime example.  I bet you that more Mexican immigrants (and their American born children) support El Tri before they support the US. That is evident by just looking at the stands whenever the teams play.  Unless yuh argument is that Customs and Border Patrol relaxes the entry restrictions for Mexicans whenever there's a game.  It only stands to reason that the vast majority of supporters of El Tri that we see in the stands are resident here in the US.

Uhmm that is the point..I made sure and quote the poster who said Mexican americans do not support the US and that is my argument...the whole Mexican americans supporting El Trini is your own argument you wish to have

You obviously need to learn to read for understanding... YOU claimed "this generation" of Mexican Americans, implying the younger generation... supports the US.  The argument was about immigrant Mexicans period.  So whether "this generation" (younger Mexican Americans) supports the US or not is besides the point.  Nobody limiting the argument to "this generation"... the discussion deals with all Mexican Americans, whether this generation or older generation Mexican Americans.  Additionally I said nothing about "El Trini"... I don't even know who that is.  I said "El Tri" as in El Tricolor.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: July 21, 2011, 09:29:48 PM »
why allyuh fellas doh go get a room and pillow fight .. allyuh facking up a good thread..

war

:rotfl:

WAR!!!!!
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: July 21, 2011, 09:35:55 PM »
Like this thread gone downhill

:D I dunno if its because America losing a world cup final is not enough for the haters. Its hard for some to accept that the US is now a respectable football (soccer) playing nation regardless how popular the sport is in the US and regardless of their US media using their own american terms to describe the game...I guess the hate will grow becuase the team will only become better.. :D

Better ? hah ! whatever makes you feel better  :devil: When the USA mens teams win a world cup we go talk.

Doh mind he it's gonna take that team 100 years.  That is only 2 generations of players.  US need 2 more fresh generations before they could seriously threaten that Cup.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: July 22, 2011, 12:10:37 PM »

Dude, you not making any sense. Is either the support the US or they don't. I should you and example, a perfect one at that, that when it matters, Mexicans (whatever generation) would support Mexico over US any day! You will find a few who would support the US, maybe because they are citizens and have no other connection with Mexico apart from their heritage. I am arguing the point that you and WAR saying that because you LIVE here (not born) HAVE to support the US and I am disputing that!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: July 22, 2011, 12:35:38 PM »
I don't think that Airman and War are saying that you HAVE to support them as though it's some kind of mandatory thing...They are saying that it makes sense to support the country that butters your bread, and I think that's a logical thing to say - but fan support is obviously not logical.

Highlighting that Mexicans in the U.S. support Mexico over the U.S. is just another example of immigrants who chose to hold on to their roots instead of their adopted home land...  Even so it's a poor example, because the point being made by the Trini "haters" is not about supporting the T&T over U.S. but supporting ANYBODY against the U.S. which is kind of the pattern shown by the "haters"... so the real questions is who do Mexican Americans or Mexicans based in the U.S. support when the U.S. plays someone other than Mexico.

Also I don't think the hate is so blind as all that - there is the Nov.19/Concacaf grudge that we hold against the States, and there is the perception that Americans don't respect the game, and that they display an arrogance, coulpled with ignorance towards football... right or wrong it doesn't come from a completely imaginary place....and of course the U.S. is just the global and economic big bad wolf that everyone likes to see lose...it's a natural human thing...

Both sides of the coin are grounded in some kind of "reason" - this eh really bound to be an argument. 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 12:37:38 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: July 22, 2011, 12:59:41 PM »
I don't think that Airman and War are saying that you HAVE to support them as though it's some kind of mandatory thing...They are saying that it makes sense to support the country that butters your bread, and I think that's a logical thing to say - but fan support is obviously not logical.

Highlighting that Mexicans in the U.S. support Mexico over the U.S. is just another example of immigrants who chose to hold on to their roots instead of their adopted home land...  Even so it's a poor example, because the point being made by the Trini "haters" is not about supporting the T&T over U.S. but supporting ANYBODY against the U.S. which is kind of the pattern shown by the "haters"... so the real questions is who do Mexican Americans or Mexicans based in the U.S. support when the U.S. plays someone other than Mexico.

Also I don't think the hate is so blind as all that - there is the Nov.19/Concacaf grudge that we hold against the States, and there is the perception that Americans don't respect the game, and that they display an arrogance, coulpled with ignorance towards football... right or wrong it doesn't come from a completely imaginary place....and of course the U.S. is just the global and economic big bad wolf that everyone likes to see lose...it's a natural human thing... 

Both sides of the coin are grounded in some kind of "reason" - this eh really bound to be an argument. 

Ding ! Ding! Ding!  Dais where all their hate is rooting from.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: July 22, 2011, 01:17:39 PM »
Kicker look like you is di only man who have som brains here boi.. anyway I have 4 mexican born american bredda in laws and they all support mexico . But they do not support  every other country whoplays against USA.. There second country is USA they support and so is many many of my mexican friends I have..  Am never gonna be concidered an American by certain individuals but I dont care I support Jamaica TNT and USA.. One of the reasons I started supporting uSA because I see how much Born african americans and Caucaisian hate the sport..  For me not to support theese Born americans who playing the sport is like siding with dem dumb fackers who call the sport a sissy sport.
I love USA and will keep on supporting there Football program.. Not many ppl in here could say they over come people pissing in there locker and writing NIGGER on there locker and still be proud to be a Trini American .. I can say dat... because If am not , those f**kers win and I loose.

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: July 22, 2011, 02:08:19 PM »
Dear green carded yankees, please stop debating with such venom amongst yourselves... when you argue the terrorists win

Iran, Libya and Syria love soccer ergo soccer is a terrorist sport

Let us all enjoy our baseball in peace the way the founding fathers intended.

anyway I goin and watch de latest installment of epic meal time
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: July 22, 2011, 03:27:50 PM »

It's an 'argument' because you're eliding over some facts/statements and throwing together two unrelated issues:

1) Irrational "hate" for the US national teams; and

2) The assertion that there is something wrong with you if you're living in the US and don't support the US national teams. 

There appears a sizeable majority of us in the middle who can recognize the irrationality of both positions while not feeling beholden to either camp.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 03:29:45 PM by Bakes »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: July 22, 2011, 03:45:58 PM »
The US football is some shyte. Looking at T&T at the World Cup show that the US is nothing special. The US for all the organization, resources and finances pumped into the game has failed over and over to come up with anything substanial. Where is their big star in world football, 1 anyone? Name any of their player that was world famous and a top league club face? T&T got Yorke, whether by luck or not T&T got him and what he did, whether luckily or not. The US is unique as people pay to play this game and from a young age has coaches who are "qualified" coaching them and working with them, yet they are still to develop a team of players who are REAL threats on the world stage.

No team in the world will send a B team to play another team as great finances are involved here. Brazil showed the US that they are still nothing much and Mexico reinfoced this. The USA will not qualify every WC if they played in any other region than CONCACAF - well maybe ASIA. In today's game with a bit of organization, discipline and decent players, satisfactory results can be achieved.

Hate is the order of the day, with that shyte football and dumb as rocks commentary which seek to fool sheep into buying that crap.

Support for soccer is still moreso about the country than it is for the game. After all they are the most patriotic country in the world, for sure more that Trinbagonians.....right?  If the USA took on another country in freaking hopscotch you will have 30000 fans signing that most creative chant of "U.S.A, U.S.A, U.S.A......"
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: July 22, 2011, 03:59:18 PM »
Solo look good on here dread, anyway check out near de end
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AktZd6FH5Yc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AktZd6FH5Yc</a>
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 10:26:28 PM by soccerman »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: July 22, 2011, 04:04:46 PM »
Lord look at dem jeans hugging that  :angel: , and look at ...... hmmm let me shut it now  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: July 22, 2011, 04:11:38 PM »
Solo look on on here dread, anyway check out near de end
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AktZd6FH5Yc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AktZd6FH5Yc</a>

Dais de best post in this whole thread  :)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: July 22, 2011, 04:14:46 PM »
Where is their big star in world football, 1 anyone? Name any of their player that was world famous and a top league club face? T&T got Yorke, whether by luck or not T&T got him and what he did, whether luckily or not. The US is unique as people pay to play this game and from a young age has coaches who are "qualified" coaching them and working with them, yet they are still to develop a team of players who are REAL threats on the world stage.

Doh discount mih boy McBride (still one of mih favorite players all time)... may not have been world famous, but for years was the face of Fulham... whose latest poster boy is none other than Dempsey.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: July 22, 2011, 05:04:06 PM »
The US football is some shyte. Looking at T&T at the World Cup show that the US is nothing special. The US for all the organization, resources and finances pumped into the game has failed over and over to come up with anything substanial. Where is their big star in world football, 1 anyone? Name any of their player that was world famous and a top league club face? T&T got Yorke, whether by luck or not T&T got him and what he did, whether luckily or not. The US is unique as people pay to play this game and from a young age has coaches who are "qualified" coaching them and working with them, yet they are still to develop a team of players who are REAL threats on the world stage.

No team in the world will send a B team to play another team as great finances are involved here. Brazil showed the US that they are still nothing much and Mexico reinfoced this. The USA will not qualify every WC if they played in any other region than CONCACAF - well maybe ASIA. In today's game with a bit of organization, discipline and decent players, satisfactory results can be achieved.

Hate is the order of the day, with that shyte football and dumb as rocks commentary which seek to fool sheep into buying that crap.

Support for soccer is still moreso about the country than it is for the game. After all they are the most patriotic country in the world, for sure more that Trinbagonians.....right?  If the USA took on another country in freaking hopscotch you will have 30000 fans signing that most creative chant of "U.S.A, U.S.A, U.S.A......"

If USA football is shyte I want TNT football to be di same shyte.. ley we qualify for every wrld cup since italy 1990.. I go tek dat type a shit any facking day...

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: July 23, 2011, 09:48:32 AM »

Tough assessment Elan. When you look at US Soccer and really put it into perspective you may have a different view.
First to begin though the US had NASL it was primarily a foreign player dominated league. US born players, playing in the league were few and far between. What the league did was give rise to a generation of interested US youth. These players began to come to the forefront around 1986. So the development of footballers really did not start until the late 70's early 80's. We talking about developing players over a 35 year span. Haiti, T&T and mamy of the Latin countries were way ahead in this respect, the game did not have to fight for acceptance and respectability. Now you are right the US has not produced a genuine superstar in the game. Maybe DiRossi is that player but he made a choice to play for Italy, similar to Canadian, Hargraves. None the less developed & formed in the US/ Canada system. But you have to look at a system that was designed primarily to raise college players, not pro soccer players.
Having said all that from a team perspective they are a dominant force in CONCACAF and though we may have had a head start, they have advanced beyond us (their record speaks for itself). Now I speaking about men here. US women produced some of the finest players the game has seen, Akers Stal, Jennings, Fondy, Hamm etc.
It is only a matter of time before  the same happens for the men.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: July 23, 2011, 09:55:03 AM »

If USA football is shyte I want TNT football to be di same shyte.. ley we qualify for every wrld cup since italy 1990.. I go tek dat type a shit any facking day...

war

Try reading properly before yuh yap nah man.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: July 23, 2011, 11:26:18 AM »

Exactly. . .
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: July 23, 2011, 12:30:11 PM »
How much shots you think you'll need to dunk Lopez?   ;D   Strong possibility I using up my 10 and he'll still be up there.  lol

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: June 03, 2015, 02:12:08 PM »
... and SO, here we are again. The hour draws near.

In light of the times, it seems appropriate to kick things off with a Blatterchism:

Let the women play in more feminine clothes like they do in volleyball," said the Fifa chief. "They could, for example, have tighter shorts." ... "Female players are pretty, if you excuse me for saying so, and they already have some different rules to men - such as playing with a lighter ball.

On to the business.

Top 50 players 2015 WWC

Opening match: Canada v. China. Saturday, June 6.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 02:15:56 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: June 03, 2015, 05:40:45 PM »
Seriously Pesantes from Ecaudor is on the bleacher report list. :o
She couldn't even tie King's , Cordner or Mollon's boots
Am still numb from that fateful day.
It will be tough to watch Ecaudor in the WC and Pan Am's

Canada versus China on Saturday

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: June 03, 2015, 07:36:17 PM »
19 ... Cheer up! Yuh hadda be in the WC to make the list.  :P We feel your pain.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: June 03, 2015, 10:15:13 PM »
Germany, France, Japan, USA.

1]; } ?>