March 28, 2024, 11:32:57 PM

Author Topic: Khaleem Hyland Thread  (Read 54750 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Khaleem Hyland Thread
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2015, 08:51:26 PM »
Any new news on Hyland?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2015, 09:00:16 PM »
Any new news on Hyland?

Same old, same old. Genk tell him to look for another club.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2015, 10:09:01 PM »
Thx TM, best of luck Hyland
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2015, 09:45:29 AM »
Khaleem Hyland has signed a one-year contract with Belgian Pro League club, KVC Westerlo
http://www.kvcwesterlo.be/a-kern/nieuws/item/1076-kvc-westerlo-strikt-khaleem-hyland

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 12, 2015, 09:51:02 AM »
Westerlo are currently a feeder club to Premier League club Chelsea.

Just FYI  ;D
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 12, 2015, 10:35:31 AM »
Westerlo are currently a feeder club to Premier League club Chelsea.

Just FYI  ;D
bottom feeder

leech, or in other words a total lack of responsibility to provide for oneself. Relies heavily upon friends, neighbors or anyone really for sustenance. a slacker through and through.

Bart wakes up and thinks to himself, "dang, i dont have any money still" so he leaves his wallet at home on purpose and later says to his friends, "Whoops, I forgot my wallet today again, could you please buy my lunch again?" what a bottom feeder.

Oops..that would be TTF...ahh forget it..joke not coming off   :devil:

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 12, 2015, 10:36:18 AM »
Congrats Hyland! Cement yuh place in dat midfield!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 12, 2015, 11:13:34 AM »
Yes!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 12, 2015, 11:18:06 AM »
Had a feeling he would stay in Belgium, was hoping he would join OH Leuven so he would help persuade Bostock to join up. Good move now hopefully he gets consistent minutes.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 22, 2015, 06:18:24 PM »
scored today in 3-2 win

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 22, 2015, 06:55:34 PM »
Nice. Well done Khaleem. Build your worth in your new club and bring that confidence to the National team
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2015, 09:10:47 AM »
WATCH: Khaleem Hyland scores during KVC Westerlo’s 3-2 win over Cercle Brugge in the Belgian Cup (Round of 16)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/j_RnwFWD_Yg?start=142" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/j_RnwFWD_Yg?start=142</a>

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2015, 09:20:17 AM »
Well executed by Hyland!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2016, 01:38:33 PM »
Today was the final game day of the Jupiler League season and Hyland and Westerlo escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth, with a 1-0 victory against 12th place Waasland-Beveren. They were at the bottom of the league for most of the season and needed nothing but a win to stay up. Unfortunately the win came at the expense of Soca Warriors prospect John Bostock's team. OH Leuven needed just a tie to avoid relegation, but were defeated 1-0 at home by league leaders Club Brugge.   
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 01:40:18 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 09, 2016, 03:33:40 PM »
Thanks again for the goal yuh scored in Guatemala. Very crucial goal. Breakthrough goal that set the path to gehhin 2 additional points and minimizing the possibility of gehhin none.

Need I remind everyone, 20 minutes into the second half we were on a diet of mud and water. The going was not easy. Hyland's goal created turmoil in the stands and changed the circumstances on the pitch. On top of that, his wicked ball to KJ was an assist. Had none of this occurred, we wouldn't have been on route to where things stand.

If allyuh want to complain about something it should be the chances we spurned versus the US. Why? Like Mexico, we would have been on 12 points and in the Hex securely.

Yuh know what that goal and assist did? Remind us all of the player's utility. And, provide us the opportunity to see his thought process under adversity in advanced positions. Certainly got my attention.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 09, 2016, 04:06:10 PM »
Thanks again for the goal yuh scored in Guatemala. Very crucial goal. Breakthrough goal that set the path to gehhin 2 additional points and minimizing the possibility of gehhin none.

Need I remind everyone, 20 minutes into the second half we were on a diet of mud and water. The going was not easy. Hyland's goal created turmoil in the stands and changed the circumstances on the pitch. On top of that, his wicked ball to KJ was an assist. Had none of this occurred, we wouldn't have been on route to where things stand.

If allyuh want to complain about something it should be the chances we spurned versus the US. Why? Like Mexico, we would have been on 12 points and in the Hex securely.

Yuh know what that goal and assist did? Remind us all of the player's utility. And, provide us the opportunity to see his thought process under adversity in advanced positions. Certainly got my attention.

That was Joevin.

That aside, agree that he is a crucial part of our team toward achieving the ultimate goal of qualifying for Russia, '18.   :beermug:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 09, 2016, 04:32:35 PM »

That was Joevin.

That aside, agree that he is a crucial part of our team toward achieving the ultimate goal of qualifying for Russia, '18.   :beermug:

The facts don't help my narrative. :)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 25, 2016, 01:43:20 PM »
I think Hyland just set up a goal to take the lead in the 85th minute.

Yeah it look like Hyland with the run and deep cross to win 2-1. Nice man
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 01:52:05 PM by Peong »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 25, 2016, 03:24:57 PM »
WATCH: Khaleem Hyland provides the assist on the game-winning goal in KVC Westerlo’s 2-1 win over RSC Anderlecht.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ASEsJiVpb1Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ASEsJiVpb1Y</a>

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2016, 06:20:27 AM »
What a pass!! Well done Khaleem!!

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 26, 2016, 08:03:13 AM »
Well I guess, so much for the "he can't pass" line of thinking  ;D

Well done dude!  :beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2016, 08:29:17 AM »
@Mose... Men say "he cyah pass"..but look. "he cyah defend/attack", then he git MOTM performance against USA at home. "he cyah score" but remember Guatemala. One man say he "stupid", another called him "dunce", more say "inconsistent". And guess what he's always in the team sheet for his club playing the same position that he plays for country. Big up yourself Khaleem. Clearly your club and country managers know and appreciate your worth than some of the armchair pundits on SWO.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2016, 10:10:32 AM »
@Mose... Men say "he cyah pass"..but look. "he cyah defend/attack", then he git MOTM performance against USA at home. "he cyah score" but remember Guatemala. One man say he "stupid", another called him "dunce", more say "inconsistent". And guess what he's always in the team sheet for his club playing the same position that he plays for country. Big up yourself Khaleem. Clearly your club and country managers know and appreciate your worth than some of the armchair pundits on SWO.
I think, at a certain point, people felt like he had the potential to be great (along with Peltier and Guerra). We buy into that hype. And now that he's older and just kinda 'dependable', people judging him based their expectations instead what he actually is.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 26, 2016, 10:29:30 AM »
By "great" I suspect you mean an attacking midfielder who plays in the final third. In the beginning he more or less suited that role and it was their that he was deployed. However when he move abroad to Belgium he was converted to a deep lying defensive midfielder. Most likely because of his size, height and power. A similar thing with John Obi Mikel before his arrival at Chelsea. So you are right if I interpreted "great" correctly.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #145 on: September 26, 2016, 11:11:49 AM »
By "great" I suspect you mean an attacking midfielder who plays in the final third. In the beginning he more or less suited that role and it was their that he was deployed. However when he move abroad to Belgium he was converted to a deep lying defensive midfielder. Most likely because of his size, height and power. A similar thing with John Obi Mikel before his arrival at Chelsea. So you are right if I interpreted "great" correctly.
By great I mean playing top flight ball. Highly sought after, etc. That's what we were being sold on those 3 youths when they was getting big trials all over and Redknapp was fighting up to sign them. He hit Gerrard a nice beats and we start to believe.

Instead, he playing mid flight ball at an unheralded team in an unglamourous position. Which is a better standard than most of our players, but some fans ain't judging him like that. They still looking for a Prem type player, not seeing that and fighting him down.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 26, 2016, 05:13:56 PM »
So what happened in the Guatemala and USA games that just passed?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Khaleem Hyland admits crying over failed Celtic move
« Reply #147 on: October 31, 2016, 01:41:19 PM »
Khaleem Hyland admits crying over failed Celtic move
By Aiden Cusick (hitc.com)

Trinidad & Tobago midfielder Khaleem Hyland has admitted to Voetbal Niews that his failed moved to Celtic left him in tears.

Hyland impressed while on trial at Parkhead in 2007, prompting the Bhoys to offer £450,000 for his services.

However, San Juan Jabloteh, the 27-year-old's club at the time, asked for more money and the deal collapsed, with Portsmouth landing him a year later.

Celtic, meanwhile, signed Dundee United's Barry Robson the following January, having had already bolstered their midfield with Scott Brown and Massimo Donati prior to Hyland's trial.

"When I was eighteen I was able to go on trial with Celtic," Hyland said, as quoted by Voetbal. "They offered £450,000 but my club in Trinidad and Tobago wanted more. I shed tears over it. I had already the tasted the fantastic atmosphere in the stadium."

Work permit issues scuppered Hyland's chances of ever turning out for Portsmouth, who were a Premier League club at the time, and the player was loaned to Zulte Waragem - the start of a seven-year spell in Belgium.

Now of Westerlo, via a stint at Genk, the 53-cap international has reiterated his desire to play in English football.

"As long as I keep playing football that English dream remains alive," he added. "But now all my focus is on Westerlo."

Hyland's current side prop up the Belgian Pro League table, having taken nine points from a possible 39 so far.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hyland vows to give 100% under the new man in charge
« Reply #148 on: December 10, 2016, 04:03:15 PM »
Hyland vows to give 100% under the new man in charge
TTFA Media

Belgium-based Midfielder Khaleem Hyland is anticipating his return to the National Men’s Senior team under the new period of guidance of head coach Tom Saintfiet.

The two men have football whereabouts in common as Hyland currently plays for KVC Westerlo, the same club that Saintfiet represented as a player between 1990-1992. Saintfitet also underwent his UEFA Pro Licence at the club of which he lives less than 15 minutes away from.

Speaking on Saturday, Hyland, age 27,  said it was important that he and the rest of the selected players adapt quickly to Saintfiet as the man in charge of the team ahead of the upcoming matches. He also mentioned that Westerlo Technical Director Wim Van Hove had already spoken to him about Saintfiet as the two are well acquainted.

“The manager Wim said to me a couple days ago that he knows coach Saintfiet well and that he was here at Westerlo and they are good friends. I had a conversation with coach Saintfiet  today and he spoke well of Wim whom he said was one of the first persons that sent him a note of congratulations when he got the job,” Hyland told TTFA Media.

“We have our task ahead with our new coach. We have a job to do which is the same job we had from the start of the campaign which is to go to the World Cup and we as players really want to go to a World Cup. We as players have the job to do. The coach is only there to guide the players. We have to perform on the field and it doesn’t matter what the situation is, the coach cannot come out on the field and he can only guide us from the sidelines.

“The player has to make the final decision when he is on the field and give his one hundred. I as a player always give my full hundred and will continue to do so once I have on the Red,White and Black.

“It has always been my dream to represent my country and I will always give my best because I am not playing for myself only but also the entire country. We want to put back Trinidad and Tobago football on the map and by trying to do so we have to qualify for the World Cup and this means we have to play and give the support to whoever the coach is and right now Tom is the man in that position,” added the former Jabloteh player.

“I know a lot of people expressed their disappointment with the situation over the last few days but that is part of life. We wish coach Hart the best of luck. I personally sent him a message. We know what he wanted to achieve and what he gave for T&T football and the mindset he instilled in us. I know he wants the best for us which means we have to overlook all the negatives right now and focus on the bigger picture which is the success of the national team and our football in general,” Hyland said.

Hyland suffered a hamstring injury in the Honduras game and felt a slight tinge after 40 minutes in his return game for Westerlo last month. He has since undergone further rehab and is back in the Westerlo squad for Sunday’s encounter with Standard Liege in which he will be hoping to make his full return to play.

T&T faces Nicaragua in two international friendlies in Nicaragua on December 27th and 30th before returning home to square off with Suriname on January 4th and Haiti on January 8th in CFU Gold Cup playoff matches at the Ato Boldon Stadium. The next two CONCACAF Final Round qualifiers are against Panama and Mexico at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on March 24th and 28th.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2016, 03:10:14 PM »
He scored today in a 3-1 loss to Standard Liege.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

1]; } ?>