March 28, 2024, 08:46:43 AM

Author Topic: Khaleem Hyland Thread  (Read 54713 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Khaleem Hyland Thread
« Reply #150 on: December 14, 2016, 03:15:09 PM »
WATCH: Khaleem Hyland scores a consolation goal in KVC Westerlo’s 3-1 loss to Standard Liège

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wq8tH7iou8I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wq8tH7iou8I</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 14, 2016, 08:16:28 PM »
that was a serious toepee

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2017, 05:52:21 PM »
WATCH: Khaleem Hyland scores the game-winning goal in KVC Westerlo’s 2-1 win over KV Mechelen

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sQMmQVJEYOM?start=392" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sQMmQVJEYOM?start=392</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 22, 2017, 09:53:39 PM »
Nice finish

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #154 on: February 10, 2017, 03:59:06 AM »
Hyland ready to play for Lawrence.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Belgium-based midfielder Khaleem Hyland is pledging his full commitment and support to new national senior team head coach Dennis Lawrence.

The former Racing Genk midfielder played with Lawrence on the senior team during the 2010 World Cup qualifiers.

“I want to congratulate Dennis on the new job. I was fortunate to have played with him and he was a great contributor to our national team. He talked to you a lot as a more experienced player and made you feel confident as a young player on the national team, giving you the confidence to play at that level,” said Hyland. “And I expect he will bring that same approach to the team as head coach which will be good for the younger players in the squad currently.

“Now that he (Lawrence) is the man at the helm of the team I am looking forward to playing under him. I know he will need us as players to give him that confidence with our commitment and dedication to the national team and I am sure he will get that,” added the ex-Jabloteh player.

Hyland said he was satisfied with the selection by the TTFA and somewhat relieved that the coaching job situation had been ironed out following the exit of Stephen Hart.

“I was not able to play under the last coach (Tom Saintfiet) but everything happens for a reason and I am just happy that we’ve sorted out the situation of the coach for the national team and now we can move past the last episode. I think we are all just looking forward to giving 100 per cent under Dennis for the national team and giving it everything we have for the next two games in March against Panama and Mexico,” added Hyland.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 14, 2017, 01:11:30 PM »
KVC Westerlo midfielder Khaleem Hyland has been suspended for three matches and fined €800 for violent conduct toward Racing Genk midfielder Jean-Paul Boëtius. On another note, Westerlo has been relegated to Belgian First Division B after finishing the 2016/17 Belgian First Division A season in last place.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 14, 2017, 03:55:22 PM »
Wayy them was in the driver seat to avoid relegation for the last couple months. Pop down the last two weekends yes.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 09, 2017, 05:25:59 PM »
Khaleem Hyland has signed with Saudi Arabian club, Al-Faisaly FC

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 10, 2017, 08:44:48 AM »
Get dem Saudi chips yute!!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #159 on: July 11, 2017, 01:41:32 AM »
Hyland hyped for new switch to Saudi Arabian club.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago international Khaleem Hyland is off to join teammates Carlyle Mitchell and Willis plaza on the Asian continent. And yes, it’s another football deal for a local player. Hyland agreed to a two-year deal with Saudia Arabian top flight club Al-Faisaly Harmah with a one year option this week, leaving Belgium club KVC Westerlo.

Hyland joined the European professional ranks in 2008 when he signed with Zulte Waregem from San Juan Jabloteh, later moving to Racing Genk in 2011 where he spent four years, appearing in the UEFA Champions League for the Belgium giants. He joined Westerlo in 2015.

His move to Al Faisaly comes after strong interest from the club and after it was announced recently Saudi Arabia will increase the quota of foreign footballers in its pro league by 50 percent, as part of broader efforts to develop sports in the kingdom.

Six foreigners instead of four will be allowed per team in the Abdul Latif Jameel League, the Saudi Football Federation decided. The ruling applies to the 14-team league from next August when the new season begins.

“I feel good about this move,” Hyland told TTFA Media on Monday.

“It’s a new challenge for me at this stage of my career. I am 28 at the moment and with a lot of football left in me but I felt the time was good and the opportunity came at the right time for me to move on from Belgium where I’ve had a wonderful nine, close to ten years, in my career.”

“My aim is to remain humble and maintain my standards in life and to play to the best of my ability at a high level which I believe will happen in the Kingdom. The League there is getting bigger every season and there is a growth in the number of international players entering the league which I am happy to be part of.

“I played there in 2013 with the National Team and the experience was great. We got a win against the host country in the third placed playoff so there are memorable experiences for me in Saudi Arabia and I am hoping to add to that,” added the former San Juan Jabloteh player.

Al Faisaly currently has two players with Saudi Arabia national team experience, Mohamed Al-Bishi and midfielder Ahmad Abbas, as well as Brazilian Igor Rossi Brancho, a former player with Scottish club Hearts.

Oman national team captain and Reading FC goalkeeper Ali al Habsi is set to join another Saudi club, Al Hilal this month.

Additionally, The English Premier League’s high-profile referee Mark Clattenburg is leaving the league to take up a position in Saudi Arabia, where he will replace Howard Webb, another former Premier League referee, as head of refereeing at the Saudi Arabian Football Federation.

Revenue from TV broadcast of the domestic league has helped – in 2014 the regional media conglomerate MBC Group paid about US$1.1 billion for TV rights for 10 years. But reports have indicated that the annual distribution of these funds along with those from league sponsors and game-day ticket sales are not enough to keep clubs financially stable.

With all that is happening in the league, Hyland will be looking to get active as quickly as possible as the club prepares for the the start of the season in August. And T&T’s two crucial World Cup qualifiers against Honduras on September 1st and Panama on September 5th will be high up on Hyland’s agenda.

“Yes it’s important to start well and get down to business here with the club because obviously I want to be in the best possible shape for the two qualifying matches in September. Those games are extremely important for us as I think we have a very good chance to keep our chances alive with two positive result against Honduras and Panama,” Hyland added.

Note: Willis Plaza and Carlyle Mitchell recently signed with Indian I-League club East Bengal.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA extends condolences to Khaleem Hyland on his mother’s passing
« Reply #160 on: December 06, 2017, 09:57:32 PM »
TTFA extends condolences to Khaleem Hyland on his mother’s passing
TTFA Media

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association extends deepest condolences to National Senior Men’s Team captain Khaleem Hyland and his family on the passing of his mother Carol. She passed away earlier today on her 65th Birthday after ailing for the past few months.

Hyland is currently at home, arriving home on Friday and was able to spend time with his mother before her passing. The current Saudi-Arabia based midfielder enjoyed a close, loving and supporting relationship with his mother whom he described as his “number one fan”.

“My Mom found I was too young to play with the older guys,” Hyland recalled in a previous story as he spoke of her “cutting his tail” whenever he chose to run away from home to play the game as a young boy.

“Elder folks in the community saw my capability, and my Mom eventually realised my talent,” Hyland said. “I am thankful for her support. She sacrificed herself for me to make it in life to achieve my goal.”

TTFA President David John-Williams added, “Our prayers and thoughts are with Khaleem and his close ones in this extremely difficult period. Khaleem has been a faithful servant to the country and our national teams and I am certain he would have made her tremendously proud with his accomplishments.”

Hyland suffered the loss of his brother Kwasi who lost his life after sustaining gun shot wounds in 2009.

Funeral arrangements for Carol Hyland will be announced by the family in due course.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 06, 2017, 10:59:27 PM »
Sorry to hear Hyland, sincere condolences.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 06, 2017, 11:00:22 PM »
My Deepest Condolences on the lost of Your Moms. God Bless!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 07, 2017, 01:27:25 AM »
Guidance and strength, Khaleem.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 07, 2017, 06:33:43 AM »
deepest condolences to the family 

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 09, 2017, 08:18:51 AM »
Hang in there brother Khaleem!
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 19, 2017, 11:58:38 AM »
WATCH and listen to Khaleem Hyland unplugged.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EakkbxQZyCc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EakkbxQZyCc</a>
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 07:30:38 PM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 21, 2017, 08:30:05 PM »
WATCH: In the second of a two part interview, Soca Warriors football star Khaleem Hyland talks about what it means to represent the red, white and black kit and how he is motivated by his murdered brother, Kwesi.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tmuT2JPTw1M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tmuT2JPTw1M</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 24, 2018, 05:50:33 PM »
WATCH: Khaleem Hyland scores an absolute screamer in Al Faisaly’s 3-1 loss to ASAC Concorde (Mauritania) in an Arabian Club Championship Group A Playoff match

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0ccZeC-JdSs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0ccZeC-JdSs</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 24, 2018, 10:55:09 PM »
Man what a strike. But the stands empty!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 25, 2018, 03:01:57 PM »
Deft left foot.  :applause: And awareness!

(A Saudi club shouldn't be losing to a Mauritanian club).

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #171 on: January 02, 2019, 08:04:13 AM »
Captain Hyland looks ahead to ‘intense’ 2019.
TTFA Media.

With 2019 calendar promising to be an event-filled one for Trinidad and Tobago on the international football stage, National Senior Men’s team captain Khaleem Hyland is heading into the new year with an intense anticipation which he hopes will transform possibility into reality.

On the agenda is the CONCACAF Gold Cup in the United States in June to be followed by the Nations League later in the year and before that, T&T will travel to Racecourse Ground in Wrexham to face Wales on March 11th.

Hyland wants T&T to stake a claim at the confederation’s showpiece event after missing out in 2017.

“I hope we can continue to get good games in 2019 as we did in 2018 and we can give our best for the upcoming Gold Cup,” Hyland told TTFA Media on Monday.

“The Gold Cup is a great competition. We made it to the quarter finals consecutively in 2013 and 2015 and we all know this competition gives us the chance to come up against teams like Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama and USA and therefore it will be important for us to have good preparation with games and camps in order to be ready for the tournament,” added the Saudi Arabia-based midfielder.

“I hope we can put Trinidad and Tobago back on the map football wise and I think by doing well in the Gold Cup and striving to even win it will do a lot for us but we need our people to support us like other countries do and bring back the love in the country through sport especially football. We have what it takes but we need everyone on board,” Hyland said.

Reflecting on 2018 during which T&T earned victories over United Arab Emirates and Guadeloupe in two of its six international friendlies which includes classes with Iran, Panama and Thailand, Hyland said “2018 was good with both country and club as a player. I picked up a few more things in my career and developed more as a player both for Al Faisaly and the national team as captain. We the ‘Warriors’ played a lot of good countries in 2018 and we took a lot on board from those games.

“Any player’s dream is to represent for there country and once we are called upon we will do what it takes to be the best at it,” Hyland concluded.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #172 on: February 23, 2019, 01:26:43 AM »
Hyland backs Lawrence’s extension… says Wales game could be a life changer for players.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago Senior Men’s team skipper Khaleem Hyland is expecting this country to maximise the opportunity to prepare for the Concacaf Gold Cup by warming up against a team such as Wales which he expects to present a quality test for his side.

Hyland also expressed his satisfaction on Friday over  Dennis Lawrence’s contract extension as head coach of the Men’s Senior Team.

“It’s a great opportunity for the country to play games like these. I think it’s a dream come true for the younger players to play against players like Gareth Bale and others. I think the training camp leading up to the game hopefully will be good one . The conditions will be a bit colder than normal. The players who have experience playing abroad should be at home with regards to the conditions,” Hyland told TTFA Media on Friday.

“We have to make use of the opportunities we get and lessen down on the unnecessary free kicks and set pieces against them. I am positive that we can have a solid game against Wales and hopefully we can all be healthy and fit for the game

Regarding Lawrence’s post as head coach, the former Racing Genk midfielder stated, “I played with him and I know him as a player and now as a coach and I think I have a full view of what his ambitions are. He is someone who is ambitious and i think it is a great opportunity for him to be the boss and the coach of his country.

“He took us to the World Cup in 2006 and now he has the opportunity to start fresh again and compete in major tournaments. I can only wish the best for him and I think everyone is willing to work. It is something we all need to do together. We need to be together as one country and take everything as a stepping stone into the major competitions.

Hyland, who played against England in a 2008 friendly at the Hasely Crawford Stadium at age 18, feels that the Wales encounter could open doors for players on the international market.

“I was a young player as well getting the opportunity to play against England and that changed my whole life at that point in time so it’s a great opportunity for the younger ones to take this game very seriously because you never now who his watching you and when your life can change.

“Hopefully we can have some good training sessions at good facilities across there. I also think it is a great opportunity to play a game like this leading up to the Gold Cup . We missed out on the last Gold Cup even though we did great in the two other tournaments before. And now we have another chance to return to the tournament that is such a big one in the region. We want to show everyone what we are capable of,” Hyland continued.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 24, 2019, 01:48:19 PM »

You never know how good African clubs are,Muratania boarders Senega,Mali and Algeria and as we know these countries have produced brilliant footballers in the past and still do.They were colonised by the French with french as their main language,the country is a mix of Africans ,Arabs and Berbers a mixture of both.I would not be surprised if they beat a Saudi club,they must be just as football mad as the rest of Africa.

I was checking their players and they have more players in Europe than we have,Turkey,Spain and Greece to mention some,and not in low divisions too.Their best FIFA ranking was 85 in 1994...present 101.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 02:04:04 PM by frico »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 24, 2019, 05:29:36 PM »

You never know how good African clubs are,Muratania boarders Senega,Mali and Algeria and as we know these countries have produced brilliant footballers in the past and still do.They were colonised by the French with french as their main language,the country is a mix of Africans ,Arabs and Berbers a mixture of both.I would not be surprised if they beat a Saudi club,they must be just as football mad as the rest of Africa.

I was checking their players and they have more players in Europe than we have,Turkey,Spain and Greece to mention some,and not in low divisions too.Their best FIFA ranking was 85 in 1994...present 101.

I included in my consideration, much of what you excluded and at least half your post focuses on Mauritania's national team.

Have you seen the budget for a Mauritanian club?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2019, 03:14:37 PM »
Have a read, frico.

“These images are important for us because they show how far we’ve come,” says Hachim El Yamani, an ex-footballer who has been covering the local game as a pressman for more than twenty years.

He tells Joy News that eight years ago, this country’s football was as barren as the desert, which covers approximately three-fourths of the country.

The top flight, or Ligue 1, which had just nine teams, was erratic. They had just two divisions. They had – and still have – never qualified for a major continental competition. They had no Fifa standard stadium. They did not have a single player in the whole country – which is four times the size of Ghana – on a standard salary or insurance.  The football association operated out of a rented structure.

Meanwhile, the top flight has been expanded to 14 teams, and a salary is mandatory. No player goes home at the end of the month without pay, a function of a strict $78,000 budget limit enforced for Division 1 and 2 sides back in 2010.

Not long after these steps were taken, Tevragh Zeina became the first Mauritanian club to advance to the second round of the African Confederations Cup since 1994. But the national team needed a shot of experience, so the Federation began approaching eligible players.

https://www.myjoyonline.com/sports/2018/February-22nd/lowly-mauritania-teaches-ghana-africa-a-football-lesson-with-photos.php

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 28, 2019, 09:36:25 AM »
asylumseeker: Thanks for that nice bit of history,I would like to see them in the not too distant future in the Africa Nations Cup,seems like they would catch up fast,remember they have players in Europe although their football was so disjointed.When they have things sorted we could be hearing more about them,thanks again mate.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 20, 2020, 11:59:04 PM »
WATCH: Khaleem Hyland nets a brace in Al-Faisaly's 2-2 draw with Al-Hilal. The first goal is exquisite.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sXSAkzMUnPw?start=59" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sXSAkzMUnPw?start=59</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2020, 06:42:49 AM »
So that's where Giovinco disappeared to.  :)

First goal from typical Hyland range. He's scored several quality goals from that distance + about 15 to 20 meters.

Of course the Saudis have $ for VAR implementation. We need to catch up  in terms of training,  implementation  and playing/officiating under those conditions.

Congrats to Khaleem. 

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2020, 12:15:50 PM »
Is it just me or is it that all T&T boys scoring since the new Admin take over? :whistling:
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

1]; } ?>