March 28, 2024, 12:26:29 PM

Author Topic: Keon Daniel Thread.  (Read 42998 times)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Keon Daniel in 2012
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2012, 10:26:53 PM »
Professional athletes usually get a special type of visa to play sports in the US. I don't understand why he's having so much issues when he was a key contributor on the team, not like he was riding pine during his stint there. Only if he was playing and getting paid without having the proper work authorization but this is just speculation on my part.

Offline BrotherlyGame

• New Warrior
  • The Brotherly Game
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherly Game
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 08:16:51 AM »
I know all about the P-1 visa situation, but for a while the news was coming out of T&T, not the US. Was hoping something had been leaked through your side. I guess not. 'tis discouraging.
Managing Editor of the Brotherly Game. www.brotherlygame.com

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2012, 04:23:11 PM »
I know all about the P-1 visa situation, but for a while the news was coming out of T&T, not the US. Was hoping something had been leaked through your side. I guess not. 'tis discouraging.
Maybe it's an opportunity for you to do some investigative reporting with the club and shed some light to us on the matter.

Offline BrotherlyGame

• New Warrior
  • The Brotherly Game
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherly Game
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2012, 07:16:05 PM »
Maybe it's an opportunity for you to do some investigative reporting with the club and shed some light to us on the matter.

Club won't say anything, but I have been trying to look into things. Just tough since he's probably still in T&T and I don't have access to much outside of the US.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2012, 12:51:17 PM »
Keon needs assistance in this matter ,he maybe should seek out the Minister of Sport in this problem ,Anil might be able to help him .

Offline BrotherlyGame

• New Warrior
  • The Brotherly Game
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherly Game

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2012, 11:06:40 PM »
Keon and his "problems"  is a mystery to us. We just don't know!
He's another Kenwyne jones prototype, play great in one game and then drop ah stink bomb in the next.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2012, 03:16:49 PM »
Mwanga, Daniel arrive at Union preseason in Orlando
philadelphiaunion.com   

As the Union begin the second leg of 2012 preseason training in Orlando, Florida, forward Danny Mwanga and midfielder Keon Daniel have arrived in camp, while Supplemental Draft selections Thomas Brandt and Brandon Zimmerman have not been invited to remain with the club.

Mwanga spent 10 days training with English Premier League side Aston Villa. The first overall pick in the 2010 MLS SuperDraft was the seventh member of the Union to train abroad in the offseason. Mwanga scored five goals and added four assists in 2011 after scoring seven goals with four assists as a rookie in '10.

Daniel has joined the club for the first time since departing to play for the Trinidad and Tobago national team on August 26, 2011. In 2011, Daniel scored a goal and added two assists in 888 minutes over 18 appearances, including nine starts.

Brandt, a 21-year-old defender, was the 13th overall selection in the 2012 MLS Supplemental Draft out of the University of Pennsylvania.

Zimmerman, a 21-year-old midfielder, was the 52nd overall selection in the 2012 MLS Supplemental Draft out of UC Santa Clara.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline BrotherlyGame

• New Warrior
  • The Brotherly Game
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherly Game
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2012, 03:27:47 PM »
Should hopefully have info on what happened to him over the last six months soon.

http://www.brotherlygame.com/2012/2/6/2775936/keon-daniel-joins-union-in-florida-two-supplemental-picks-not-invited

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2012, 03:38:44 PM »
Its too bad, thought back when he was probably the best player in the second stage of the 2010 campaign (not necessarily saying much) he could do much better than the MLS, maybe at least Championship quality league if not higher (as I recall he went on trial with West Ham) though I think many would say he has gone backwards since then.  However, he is still young and could still be an important player for T&T.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2012, 04:01:55 PM »
Apparently the Union need someone to take their freekicks now that Le Toux has been traded. Hopefully KD gets a chance to show what he can do and takes it!!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2012, 04:59:08 PM »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2012, 07:40:44 PM »
he could do much better than the MLS, maybe at least Championship quality league
I know you're Bizarro Zeppo and everything, but it's generally accepted that, on average, there's not much difference between MLS and Championship standard any more.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2012, 07:49:43 PM »
Should hopefully have info on what happened to him over the last six months soon.

http://www.brotherlygame.com/2012/2/6/2775936/keon-daniel-joins-union-in-florida-two-supplemental-picks-not-invited

Finally a positive sign for Keon, glad he's back on track...the MLS pushes him above his comfort zone and keeps him assertive.

Didn't know his nickname was predator in Philly lol

Offline BrotherlyGame

• New Warrior
  • The Brotherly Game
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherly Game
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2012, 07:57:44 PM »

Finally a positive sign for Keon, glad he's back on track...the MLS pushes him above his comfort zone and keeps him assertive.

Didn't know his nickname was predator in Philly lol

I don't know who first coined it, but it was early into the '11 MLS season when it caught on as a nickname.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2012, 07:58:49 PM »
he could do much better than the MLS, maybe at least Championship quality league
I know you're Bizarro Zeppo and everything, but it's generally accepted that, on average, there's not much difference between MLS and Championship standard any more.
::) Generallly accepted by who?  MLS fans?

I don't want to muck up Keon's thread with this argument as you know I can go until I'm blue in the face on that one...if you want me to lay it out as I see it please PM me.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 08:29:49 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2012, 06:10:33 AM »
I live in Philly and was talking to some people...a man up here bawl KD should be playing Premiership ball yes. That one surprise me.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2012, 04:30:11 PM »
Keon Daniel is starting tonight!   

The last time he started was last month, and we got this...http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2012/06/30/goal-early-equalizer-daniel

I saw it in person and was Super happy I got to see it live.

Games at 7 Pm (EST) and if you need a link to see it, send me a message in my inbox

Let's go Soca Warriors!  :beermug:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2012, 07:56:33 PM »
Scored an OG
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2012, 07:05:19 AM »
Scored an OG

Def did, I love Keon but he doesn't really fit that Union system well if they're playing Hoppenot and Jack who are to really fast guys who just like big lobs over the top.  Keon plays too forward and would like to see him facilitate the midfield a little more.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Questions For Keon?
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2012, 09:42:42 AM »
Keon is gonna be on the radio today in Philly.  I know the host and was wondering did any of you guys have any questions for him.  I'll pass them along and post a link to the radio stream tonight.  :beermug:

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Questions For Keon?
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2012, 10:29:14 AM »
Ask Keon if he intends to represent T&T at the 2012 Caribbean Cup in order to help improve our chances of making the next Gold Cup

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2012, 10:31:32 AM »
Ask him which hand he does jock with ?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2012, 12:55:06 PM »
Can you elaborate on the reason for your 7-month (Aug 2011 - March 2012) absence from the Union?

During your time away from the Union, what did you do to stay in shape? Did you train with a local team?

What do you think were the main reasons for the Soca Warriors bowing out of World Cup 2014 qualification at such an early stage?

Will you be available for the Soca Warriors for the Digicel Carribean Cup competition later this year?

Sheanon Williams has indicated his willingness to represent Trinidad and Tobago? Have you discussed this topic with him, and if so, what sort of topics were discussed?

The Soca Warriors have been relatively inactive in 2012. What was the mood like when you all got together for the recent friendly against Canada?

The team played very well for the first 15-20 minutes of the match, but then things fell apart. What happened?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2012, 01:12:08 PM »
You have played on the left wing as well as in attacking midfield behind the striker for T&T. What is your favorite position on the field?

In your opinion, which aspects of your game needs improvement?
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2012, 09:18:51 AM »
So they screwed me over and barely asked any of the questions I sent over.... but it's okay. 
Here is the interview if you want to listen anyway.  http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/audio/953-angelo-cataldi-and-the-morning-team/?utm_medium=dl&utm_campaign=sportsradio-94-wip-podcasts

Keon appears at the 17:30 mark.

I have a podcast weekly on refinedhype.com called "Off The Bench" I will answer all your questions if I get him to appear in the future.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2012, 09:55:23 AM »
Ask him which hand he does jock with ?

sam, your interview technique a little different.

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2012, 10:01:26 AM »
Do you think your game has improve being on the team? What is you weakness on the field?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Daniel drops a gem
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2012, 07:57:07 AM »
Daniel drops a gem
By Andy Jasner (philadelphiaunion.com)

There have been some good moments for Keon Daniel in his two seasons with the Philadelphia Union.

This might have been the best, most complete effort in 38 career games.

Correction, it was the best.

“I do,” manager John Hackworth said of Daniel's effort being the best of his career following the Union’s 1-0 victory over the New England Revolution Saturday night at PPL Park. “I think he played both sides of the ball with class. He was really good in position going forward. He got forward a lot. He joined the attack. His service, especially on set pieces, was excellent. He did a lot of work to get back and his intensity was right. I think that’s been something Keon has struggled with, the intensity of our league.”

Daniel did anything but struggle against New England. In fact, he was arguably the best player on the field.

Daniel was crisp with his passing and sharp with his crosses. It was Daniel’s cross off a free kick which Jack McInerney headed home in the 73rd minute that made the ultimate difference in compiling three points against the Revolution.

When it was over, Daniel’s play had his manager smiling.

“Keon is a fantastic player,” Hackworth said. “He’s always been a fantastic player. But Keon, I think has shown in the last two games, is everyone in the locker room, everybody on that coaching staff, feels that way. Two consecutive games, he’s contributed in every possible way. He’s a class soccer player. I’ve watched him in the CONCACAF  qualifying for Trinidad and he was easily the best player on the field in so many games I’ve watched. I’m happy for him that he’s doing it for us as well.”

Last season, Daniel played 18 games and started nine with one goal. Daniel left the United States after a match in late August to join up with the Trinidad & Tobago national team, and wasn’t allowed back into the country because of visa issues.

Daniel returned this season and has scored once in 20 games. In recent games, he has become more confident in the midfield.

Check that, he’s been more confident in all aspects of his game – and his life.

“I’m just happier on the field and in my life personally,” Daniel told philadelphiaunion.com. “I’m becoming more and more confident on the pitch and the coaching staff has shown a lot of trust in me. I think my game has come along slowly and now, I’m feeling as good as I ever have. I’m happier than I ever have been and my family support has been great.”

Daniel referenced his two-year-old daughter who especially has given him a boost.

“It was tough when she was really young because I missed my family so much,” said Daniel, who has 51 caps and nine goals for Trinidad and Tobago. “She’s two now and I hope to have my family here soon. That would mean a lot. Over the past couple of years, I think I have grown as a person and as a player. But now, I’m trying to do it on a consistent basis. I feel great physically and mentally and I’m playing with a great deal more of confidence.”

So are the Union, who have suddenly won three of their last four matches. And Daniel has played a large role in the resurgence.

“We’re getting better every game,” Daniel said. “I’m trying to stay within my role on the club and contribute what I know I can. My confidence is very high and I’m going to finish the season like that. I think we have a lot of potential and we are starting to come together.”

« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 07:59:22 AM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Union's Daniel showing late-season fire
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2012, 07:59:40 AM »
Union's Daniel showing late-season fire
philly.com

After lauding midfielder Keon Daniel for having his best game of the year in Saturday’s 1-0 Major League Soccer win over the New England Revolution, Union team manager John Hackworth gave some insight into while there haven’t been more of these performances.

“He did a lot of work to get back (defensively) and his intensity was right,” Hackworth said. “That has been something Keon has struggled with a little bit, the intensity of our league. He is certainly stepping up in that regard.”

While MLS isn’t the most skilled league in the world, the players are known for their fire.

That’s not to say that the 25-year-old Daniel hasn’t hustled in the past, but there is a difference between showing intensity in spurts and doing it for an entire game.

“I am getting more comfortable,” said Daniel, in his second year with the team.

He said that a performance such as this was a true confidence builder.

Not only did he earn the assist on Jack McInerney’s goal with a service off a free kick, but Daniel also played a strong defensive game.

“I am glad it is going in the right direction,” Daniel said. “I think from here, for me it will be good and I will keep working hard and doing the things I can do to help my teammates.”

Hackworth feels that Daniel has put together consecutive strong games, which included Wednesday’s 3-1 win in Bridgeview, Illinois against the Chicago Fire.

“Keon is a fantastic player and he always has been a fantastic player,” Hackworth said. “Keon has shown in the last two games why everybody in the locker room and coaching staff feel that way.”

Hackworth said that Daniel has contributed in every possible way during the last two games.

The Union obviously need a bigger sample size to see if Daniel will be a prominent part of the Union’s future, but he’s certainly making a favorable late impression as this season winds down.

1]; } ?>