April 25, 2024, 04:04:17 PM

Author Topic: Theobold sets sights higher  (Read 5704 times)

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Theobold sets sights higher
« on: January 19, 2006, 03:18:17 PM »
http://www.soccer365.com/EUROPEAN_NEWS/Scottish_News/page_111_113325.shtml

Densil Theobald believes he can use Falkirk as a stepping stone to one of Europe's most glamorous leagues.

The Trinidad and Tobago midfielder has joined the Bairns on an 18-month deal from Caledonia AIA after being granted a work permit on appeal. Theobald is set to play for his country in this summer's World Cup in Germany and knows a starring role on football's biggest stage could attract attention from bigger clubs.

But before any of Europe's elite come calling, he first aims to impress for Falkirk as they strive to stay in the SPL. Theobald said: "Falkirk is a stepping stone for me to move onto greater things, no disrespect to Falkirk. Falkirk is a small club and one day I would like to move on and be successful."

He added: "I have come over here to get into the best possible shape physically and mentally to go into the World Cup and to produce the results for Falkirk.

"This move is like a dream come true thanks to God. It keeps a smile on my face and makes me happy.

"I want to continue to work hard as I know the sky is the limit. I have both feet on the ground and I will continue to work hard and after the world Cup you never know, maybe a Manchester United, Real Madrid or Barcelona will come knocking - or I could be straight back to Trinidad."
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Theobold sets sights higher
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 04:16:29 PM »

Densil Theobald believes he can use Falkirk as a stepping stone to one of Europe's most glamorous leagues.

The Trinidad and Tobago midfielder has joined the Bairns on an 18-month deal from Caledonia AIA after being granted a work permit on appeal. Theobald is set to play for his country in this summer's World Cup in Germany and knows a starring role on football's biggest stage could attract attention from bigger clubs.

But before any of Europe's elite come calling, he first aims to impress for Falkirk as they strive to stay in the SPL. Theobald said: "Falkirk is a stepping stone for me to move onto greater things, no disrespect to Falkirk. Falkirk is a small club and one day I would like to move on and be successful."

He added: "I have come over here to get into the best possible shape physically and mentally to go into the World Cup and to produce the results for Falkirk.

"This move is like a dream come true thanks to God. It keeps a smile on my face and makes me happy.

"I want to continue to work hard as I know the sky is the limit. I have both feet on the ground and I will continue to work hard and after the world Cup you never know, maybe a Manchester United, Real Madrid or Barcelona will come knocking - or I could be straight back to Trinidad."

Maybe its just me, but if I was in Falkirt management and I read this, it would rub me the wrong way.  I now sign you up, yuh aint kick a ball for me yet but already you looking past me and my club.  That would not sit right with me.
Falkirk is a small club and one day I would like to move on and be successful
I am a very nice guy, but sometimes I could be real badmind and that right there would earn you a spot on the reserves,  not even to be more successful, but to be successful.
Now I cant give Theobold wrong for setting his sights high, but sometimes you have to be careful how your words come across to others.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 04:28:22 PM by Mr Mc »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 04:21:15 PM »

The boy young and ambitious.

If anything it will raise the fans eyebrows and they will want to see what he can do to back up that talk.

But he better back it up!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 04:33:41 PM »

If anything it will raise the fans eyebrows and they will want to see what he can do to back up that talk.

But he better back it up!

yes he better back up them talk and dont pull of a rahim cause rahim get sign to ah same 18 monht contract and flop in ah lower division.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 04:51:45 PM »

As Mr MC said it will also raise the management's eyebrows.
It kinda fooliish to make comments like that.
Hopefully they just say he over-excited.

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 05:15:02 PM »

Maybe its just me, but if I was in Falkirt management and I read this, it would rub me the wrong way.  I now sign you up, yuh aint kick a ball for me yet but already you looking past me and my club.  That would not sit right with me.
Falkirk is a small club and one day I would like to move on and be successful
I am a very nice guy, but sometimes I could be real badmind and that right there would earn you a spot on the reserves,  not even to be more successful, but to be successful.
Now I cant give Theobold wrong for setting his sights high, but sometimes you have to be careful how your words come across to others.

Meh Boy Falkirk is ah selling club, dem doh care what he say, as long as a buying club come along with de right price dey will sell him.
That is de nature of de football business, especially in Europe.

There are buying clubs and there are selling clubs.
They are a selling club so they invested in him to make a profit, not to win de SPL alright.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 06:24:45 PM »

I also second what Mr. MC is saying. It would not digest well with me either if I was on the management committee. Is True he young and ambitious but in the football world you need to be careful what you are saying because, he ain't kick a ball for them yet and making those statements as much good intention as they may be may not be to expedient.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 10:36:27 PM »
That real poor. That statement right there is a case of foot in mouth disease. You ain't sweat yet and see how u acclimatize and done have pie in the sky dreams. I wish him luck. If I was a Falkirk fan I would have already not like him. I just hope men like Dwight could give him some pointers on what to say and not to say.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 11:28:42 PM »
 big up to my boy denzil. he have real ambition and i real happy he get this opportunity and tanks for latas for linking him also.

i hope this is just a spepping stone for him and other trini footballers in the near future.

we have too much talent to waste.

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2006, 07:08:10 AM »
"Falkirk is a stepping stone for me to move onto greater things, no disrespect to Falkirk. Falkirk is a small club and one day I would like to move on and be successful."

He talking real mess.  First of all he's on a team with Russell, who can hold his position until the 18 months are up (even at his age).  He just get signed, and eh score one goal and talking 'bout move on to greater things, and small club?  What club did he come from to call Falkirk a small club?  Russell and Yorke (Yorke especially because he knows about manager bad vibes well) better rescue this man from his mouth quickly, because he go pull a return ticket before he start. 
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2006, 09:05:24 AM »
In his defense, I hope that what was stated in the article was the usual British media changing things around from what was really said.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2006, 09:15:48 AM »
It is all good tuh be ambitious, but ah think some things are better kept to yourself and yuh immediate family, and not said in public like that. Ah just hope Falkirk management don't take his statement the wrong way. Best of luck Theobold.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 10:03:57 AM »

I would like to hear what the Bairns on the board think of his comments.

I eh see nuttin wrong with it.  Time will tell.  But his performances will be the ultimate determining factor.

As far as I see it all he has done is set expectations higher and if he delivers it will pay off.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2006, 10:36:55 AM »
I'm quoting part of what one Bairn said:

Quote from: falkirk_daft
personally i agree with what he said look where he wants to go, ask yourslef how he is going to get there? by hard work and proving himself! and where does he now have the chance to prove himself? FALKIRK! [/size]

The other view:
Quote from: SimonStainrodsfoot
I think Densil has cursed himeslf with his comments in today's paper. He'll now likley turn out a huge flop or move on to a 'bigger' team e.g Kilmarnock or Dundee UTD.
I remember a certain Colin Samuel saying the same thing after the 4-0 Hearts game- Arsenal, Man UTD etc. and look what's happened to him!!!
Why couldn't he just have kept his mouth shut??

Other views here:
Theobold ready to move on already?

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2006, 10:55:16 AM »
Dem comments uncalled for... I like his ambition, but contribute to your clubs performance first and then talk... Theo yuh might not even start in the world cup... so your window is very small, so careful dem bridges yuh trying to burn.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2006, 11:20:44 PM »
I think densil need to shutup and play ball he's obviously not the most tactful when it comes to verbal expressions ....he needs to zip it and kick it...not the smartest of statements

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2006, 12:43:16 AM »
I think it's all new to him..man now leave home, whey fellas like to talk they mind...he no custom to all this interview ting...I'M SURE latapy would train him in more ways than just football.....uhh..uhh Doh smoke dem ting boy...doh as ah say, not as ah do...aight?

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2006, 04:29:52 AM »
I'd like to have heard Bleeder say it rather than read it , he could've said that with a bit of humour and it wouldn't carry over to a written quote - he saves a lot of face by adding "or I could be straight back to Trinidad."

Densill's made the right move , he'll get a game at Falkirk and if he's good enough he'll earn a move we know that , I'd much rather he said "hopefully this will be good for both myself and Falkirk , I'd like to do enough to earn a move to England"

incidently , in addition to the link to the Falkirk board above you'll get a fair bit if info here Pie and Bovril it's an SPL board but the locals are outnumbered by Falkirk supporters .

there are a few relevant threads , including - Denzil Theobold, work permit........

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2006, 07:12:03 AM »
Hey Brother- Let the Foot do the talking , then everyone will be talking.
 Keep ambition under cover- English fans can be cruel, and will call your play RUBBISH very early as after that interview they will be looking for something special.

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2006, 05:24:24 PM »
Hey Brother- Let the Foot do the talking , then everyone will be talking.
 Keep ambition under cover- English fans can be cruel, and will call your play RUBBISH very early as after that interview they will be looking for something special.
do you have any idea how big an insult that is  :-\

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2006, 05:31:35 PM »
verbal diahoerra is wht it is ...I guess he can now kiss any attempt to hold on to him goodbye !! Nice job Densil ......and they say we sportsmen doh need any preparation before they go abroad ...once dey could play ...
falkirk supporters would really love these comments from tyhe top star that he is !! he could have gone to Real madrid but he chose us !!!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2006, 07:23:53 PM »
How many of allyuh actually went and read the comments of the Falkirk fans before mouthing off?

Ned...what do you think?

Is this the end of Densill's career as some are forecasting?   :rotfl:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 07:26:02 PM by dcs »

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2006, 07:32:46 PM »
How many of allyuh actually went and read the comments of the Falkirk fans before mouthing off?

Ned...what do you think?

is it a prerequisite that one must seek out the Falkirk view before forming their own opinion of his comments?

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2006, 07:58:22 PM »

Ned...what do you think?

Anyone I've spoken to about it has just shook their head in mock disbelief , I think it's being seen as a bit of nievity on his part .

Apparenty he made the comments at a press conference which was held to welcome Falkirk's three new signings - Bleeder was sitting in the middle of the three and when he said the bit about Falkirk being a stepping stone the other two guys hid behind their hands . I've also been told the comment about straight back to Trinidad was made by someone other than Densill .

Offline Collin Mcsamuel

• New Warrior
  • My band
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/mon_the_joe
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2006, 08:23:54 PM »
Put it this way. If a Trinidad international said he was more concerned about something like....I dunno maybe playing for their club rather than their country I'm sure you would be pissed. Just in the same way that a die hard Falkirk fan would feel betrayed by comments like that. It's not the most offensive thing ever but it is quite ungratefull to a good club who are offering him a chance at a decent level. The SPL isn't all that bad.
Punk Rock will never die.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2006, 08:28:18 PM »

Ned...what do you think?

is it a prerequisite that one must seek out the Falkirk view before forming their own opinion of his comments?

I'm talking about the perceived repercussions or reaction of the Falkirk camp that have been expressed.

Not opinions on whether it was wise or not.

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2006, 08:35:34 PM »
Put it this way. If a Trinidad international said he was more concerned about something like....I dunno maybe playing for their club rather than their country I'm sure you would be pissed. Just in the same way that a die hard Falkirk fan would feel betrayed by comments like that. It's not the most offensive thing ever but it is quite ungratefull to a good club who are offering him a chance at a decent level. The SPL isn't all that bad.
like I've already said , Densill's comments have largly been put down to nievity on his part by myself the majority of fans I've spoken to about the 'incident' .

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2006, 06:22:59 AM »

Gosh I wonder how latas must be feeling now boy ? Imagine getting invited to lunch by a modesty breds and before yuh start eating yuh talking about lunch at hilton and how dis food Ok but ......
Big mouth trinis ... shoe size !  Reminds me of our local coaches .... they aways ready for the opposition before de tournament and could tell you why de lorse after ! I look foward to a promotion for Shabazz a la Look Loy ... didn´t he do a good job ?

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2022, 11:47:59 AM »
Where is Densil now? Did he ever make it to Barca?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 12:12:26 PM by lil damo »

1]; } ?>