March 28, 2024, 03:37:43 PM

Author Topic: Football alert — watch for Shaquell Moore  (Read 28472 times)

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Football alert — watch for Shaquell Moore
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2014, 04:25:05 PM »
Good luck in all of your future endeavors.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2014, 05:01:47 PM »
Fyzo (or TM) ... who was the "guilty" coach?

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2014, 05:35:02 PM »
Asylum yuh done know ah was coming???

I honestly not too sure who it was, Eve/Cornmeal-The-Younger/Tallman Alma Mater coach?/some other CLOWN (!!!!)...I'm sure somebody on here knows though.

Good to hear it, 'from the horses mouth' though and best of luck to him!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2014, 05:42:40 PM »
Asylum yuh done know ah was coming???

I honestly not too sure who it was, Eve/Cornmeal-The-Younger/Tallman Alma Mater coach?/some other CLOWN (!!!!)...I'm sure somebody on here knows though.

Good to hear it, 'from the horses mouth' though and best of luck to him!

But, of course ... ah hear de bugle sounding.

P.S. There's a reason ah put TM in (TM) form. My next move is PM form. :devil:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:47:49 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2014, 05:44:32 PM »
This yuteman is class. Just watching him against Honduras from the qualifiers. The man understanding of his position is brilliant. Technically advanced and has very, very, very good timing in going forward. His speed is real.

Honestly I haven't seen a Fullback on our senior team for a while with this fella qualities......matter of fact he look like he could give Catillo some good competition for a fullback position on the USMNT.

elan why yuh ha to come and try to spoil my morning :)

As everybody on here know (and probably fedup wid me?) this is ah man we REJECTED and mere months later he went on to CAPTAIN (!!!!) the USA US-17 (or one ah dem team)!!!!

So everytime I see did dis youth play, apart from admiring his poise/touch/skill/man everything man (!!!!) it just irks me that we allowed him to escape >:(

But yeah he is absolute class!!!!!
From my information we did not reject this player.....it was his older brother who was trying out for the U20 team. Shaquell was always going to play for the US Team.

In addition to this, he played in a training scrimage in Tobago, along side my son who was at the time training with the U17 team and i can tell you that i saw nothing special in him. Coaching, and playing in a better team is what made the difference.

So ... am, Rastaman ... what say you iyah?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2014, 09:04:33 PM »
T&T coaches quickly gaining a reputation of not seeing the diamond in the rough. In many case they not seeing de diamond.

Something wrong......
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2015, 05:40:31 PM »
he playin in this game.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2015, 10:51:34 AM »
Shaq Moore off to another WC.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2015, 09:35:40 AM »
US Under-20 World Cup call-up Shaquell Moore goes pro with Huracan Valencia in Spain's third division
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/05/10/us-under-20-world-cup-call-shaquell-moore-goes-pro-huracan-valencia-spains-t

United States Under-20 international Shaquell Moore, bound for the 2015 U-20 World Cup in New Zealand this month, will travel with a professional contract in hand after signing with Spanish outfit Huracan Valencia on Saturday. Moore broke the news via his Twitter account

Moore, an 18-year-old defender from Powder Springs, Georgia, linked up with the Spanish third division outfit earlier this season. He originally trained with the club's Juvenil A (U-19) team, but has recently been training with the first team by request of head coach Toni Seligrat.

LISTEN: Tab Ramos joins ExtraTime Radio to discuss U-20 World Cup roster
Moore has been a regular presence at right back under US U-20 head coach Tab Ramos. He started and went the full 90 minutes in five of the United States' six games in January's CONCACAF U-20 Championship, including the 2-0 win over El Salvador that sent them to the World Cup.

Huracan are a recently-established team, having been founded in 2011, and are based in Torrent, a suburb of the city of Valencia on Spain's Mediterranean coast. They have finished in the top half of Spain's Segunda Division B, Group 3 in each of their three seasons of existence and are currently in the running to claim a playoff place in the 2014-15 season, which could in turn yield a spot in the Segunda Division – one level below La Liga.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2015, 03:17:40 PM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2016, 07:38:42 AM »
Excerpt about Shaquell Moore:

Moore won a contract with Huracan, a team in Spain’s third tier, but the club soon hit financial problems that would ultimately lead to its demise as a professional club in late 2015. Moore then won a deal with Real Oviedo, playing for its reserve team, before he signed with Levante at the end of the recent August transfer window.

“Huracan, and not getting paid, was one of the times when I asked, do I really want to be here?” Moore says. “But those experiences do make you stronger.”

Moore as dropped off the national team radar after signing for Huracan and not playing for its first team. Speaking via phone from Valencia (after taking a Spanish lesson), he says he has no regrets about shunning MLS and moving to Europe. His education is not just tied to language classes.

“The culture here is soccer, soccer, and soccer,” he explains. “The people are crazy about it and everyone is enthusiastic – even at the reserve team games. Spain is a soccer country.

“The other difference with the US is the technical ability of the players. At home, the focus is on bigger players and who can run the fastest and be the most physical. Here, you can be physical but you also have to have a brain for the game and good technique. It’s more competitive because there are a lot of players and everyone is good. Even in the lower divisions.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/28/americans-abroad-us-soccer-pros

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2017, 02:50:25 PM »
Taking in the Barca game today, all of a sudden the commentator Phil Schoen start talking about this player. He said he's a right back for Levante's reserve team and is on the verge of breaking in to the first team. He he does, he might be the first US (Trini :devil:) player in La Liga.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2017, 03:12:00 PM »
Wishing him all the best, he deserves all the success coming his way.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shaq Moore bucks the odds to make debut for La Liga's Levante
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2017, 04:22:57 AM »
 Shaq Moore bucks the odds to make debut for La Liga's Levante
by Paul Kennedy @pkedit, Yesterday
Spain has been a difficult move for Americans, and players who started out in the lower divisions have often had a particularly difficult time of navigating them.

But 20-year-old Shaq Moore has hung in there and debuted for La Liga's Levante in its 2-0 win at first division rival Girona in the first leg of their Copa del Rey series on Thursday.

Moore is a product of the U.S. U-17 residency program. He captained the team that failed to qualify for the 2013 U-17 World Cup and played for the USA at the 2015 U-20 World Cup. Shortly before heading to U-20 World Cup tournament he signed with Spanish Segunda A Division (third level) club Huracan Valencia.

Moore lasted half a season at Huracan Valencia, moving after the club stopped paying its players. He spent the rest of the 2015-16 season at Real Oviedo Vetusta, Real Oviedo's B team, in the Tercera Division (fourth level). His third club was Levante II, another Segunda A team.

"It’s hard to be an American playing in Europe," he told Marca in December 2015 after leaving Huracan Valencia, "and this mess complicated things. It’s not what I expected and it is a shame that happens at a big club like Huracan Valencia. But this exposes me to what you can happen in the football business, and that will help me in the future if I go again.”

Moore played 27 games in the third division last season and joined the first team for the 2017-18 preseason. Since right back Ivan Lopez was injured in September, Pedro Lopez has started at right back for Levante and Moore dressed as his backup in the last three games.

Moore -- or "Shaq" as the Spanish simply call him -- was one of four players who earned their first starts of the season for the Gi
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline RichGFootball

• ....formerly Richard G. I'm not a newbie. Just new-ish from since Mpurcell days
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2017, 02:01:42 AM »
http://sbisoccer.com/2017/10/who-is-shaq-moore-the-young-american-making-strides-in-la-liga

Who is Shaq Moore? The young American making strides in La Liga

Trinidad and Tobago 1st
Everyone else is 2nd

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2017, 05:24:39 AM »
I've met and spoken to him before. Seems to be a humble youth.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2017, 08:35:42 AM »

Would he reconsider representing the red black and white? I mean the TTFA is a shitttt storm eh...not expecting him to say yes, he hv a good thing going, but you never know!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2017, 09:28:07 AM »

Would he reconsider representing the red black and white? I mean the TTFA is a shitttt storm eh...not expecting him to say yes, he hv a good thing going, but you never know!

Look we should get pass Shaq. When Shaq interviewed, the TTFA was in shambles. And the association still in shambles. We could not even get Bostock. Bostock came down and practice. He could not get a run because of some misunderstanding. He refused to come back. Why would Shaq come back to TT, when there is no solid ongoing program for the future. The US is all geared to retool their entire system. His chances of making the US national team  much better, seeing that he is playing in LaLiga. If the US don't include him in their upcoming friendlies, then  TTFA should put out a serious request. But they must have a serious 4year program. Otherwise, doh waste the young man's time.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 09:31:09 AM by Deeks »

Offline RichGFootball

• ....formerly Richard G. I'm not a newbie. Just new-ish from since Mpurcell days
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2017, 03:02:41 PM »
Started his first match for Levante at right back. Levante 2 vs Las Palmas 0.

Trinidad and Tobago 1st
Everyone else is 2nd

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2017, 11:42:44 PM »
Started his first match for Levante at right back. Levante 2 vs Las Palmas 0.
:beermug:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2017, 04:27:17 AM »
T&T miss out on La Liga defender Moore.
By Jelani Beckles (Newsday).

Former national Under-17 coach Shawn Cooper said he has no regrets over snubbing then 14 year old Shaquell "Shaq" Moore who now plies his trade in La Liga against global stars such as Barcelona’s Lionel Messi and Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo.

Shaq, now 21, was born in the US to Tobagonian parents Wendell and Michelle Goddard-Moore who migrated to the United States several years ago.

Shaq, who playd with Levante, is believed to be the first player with TT roots to play in Spain’s top flight – one of the best football leagues in the world.

The defender has switched allegiances though and has captained the US Under-17 team and played for their Under-20s. He made his fourth appearance for the Levante senior team in a 5-0 loss to Spanish powerhouse Atletico Madrid on Sunday.

As a 14-year-old, the talented player returned to TT to try out for the national Under-15 team that was preparing for the upcoming Under-17 World Cup cycle, but he did not make the cut.

Cooper, who was the coach of the national youth team at the time, said he saw the talent in Shaq but felt he was too frail in stature to make an impact.

“He came as a 13-year-old on the Under-17 team so he was a bit young then but had some potential. When he came, physically he was a bit small compared to the other guys. At 13, he definitely would not have made the team then,” Cooper said.

Asked if he believes T&T could convince Shaq to reconsider playing for his parents’ country, Cooper said those chances are slim to none.

“I don’t think so, because we had other youngsters playing for our youth teams (who switched allegiances). I think Aaron Maund was one who went to the World Cup with our Under-17 team and then when approached to go with the Under-20 team, he chose to go with the US team. I think when the boys get a little older and they live and they get in the system up there, they will tend to gravitate to the US when they get the opportunity at a senior level.”

Shaq, a right-back with Levante, returned to the US and continued working on his game under the guidance of his father and some TT coaching colleagues who resided in their Georgia neighbourhood. He was also a member of the Lauderhill Youth Programme in Ft Lauderdale.

As his progress continued, Shaq received an invitation based on the recommendation of the youth programme’s directors, to try out for the US Under-17 residency programme, in Florida, and was successful. He later represented and was named captain of the US squad in the CONCACAF Under-17 championships in Panama. He was selected for the Under 20s that participated in the Under-20 CONCACAF Championships in Jamaica 2015. The US won the championships and defeated T&T in the process to qualify for the FIFA Under-20 World Cup finals in New Zealand in 2015.

As Shaq continued to develop, his manager and agent Paul Maye was successful in arranging for him to play in a tournament in Manchester, England. There were a number of scouts from English Premiership League teams interested but work permit issues were a challenge. His agent then decided to take his charge to Spain and the rest is history.

After approximately one year in Levante, he is now in contention to be a regular on the first string team as he continues to develop his craft. Shaq’s father had an illustrious football career. He was one of the standouts with Dwight Yorke, Rensl Dillon, Colvin Hutchinson and others, who, under the guidance of coach Bertille St Clair, made Signal Hill Secondary a force in national football. He had stints with the national senior and youth teams.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 04:56:10 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2017, 06:50:57 AM »
He's not coming back, he wanted to play for us before and wasn't given the chance, now look at him. We have a small pool of players compared to other countries, EVERYONE should get a chance, it doesn't matter how "frail" a player is. For me in this game, talent over strength.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2017, 07:54:38 AM »
So he came as an under 13 to try out for our under 17

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2017, 08:52:36 AM »
So he came as an under 13 to try out for our under 17
Not under 13...he came as a 13 year old.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2017, 09:00:12 AM »
I was around this team at the time and I can vouch for the coach......AT THAT TIME he could not make the team. What has happened since is due significantly to the fact that he was in a better development program since then. Take any school boy from Trinidad and Tobago and put them in the development program that he was exposed to and the results would be the same.

Remember that this is the same coach and team that harnessed and developed the skill of Levi Garcia......look where he is now.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2017, 09:41:42 AM »
I was around this team at the time and I can vouch for the coach......AT THAT TIME he could not make the team. What has happened since is due significantly to the fact that he was in a better development program since then. Take any school boy from Trinidad and Tobago and put them in the development program that he was exposed to and the results would be the same.

Remember that this is the same coach and team that harnessed and developed the skill of Levi Garcia......look where he is now.

I eh know Shawn Cooper develop him...

Levi came from Siparia Spurs, T&TEC FC and Shiva Boys Hindu College, Shawn wasn't there.

Levi played under Derek King at Under 20 level.

He played with Dexter Cyrus for T&TEC

Dennis Cox help Levi develop.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2017, 09:58:47 AM »
So Shaq couldn't make we under 17 team at 13, but then a couple years later he play for de US under 20 team that knocked out de same T&T U17 team (at Under 20 comp) he was trialing with.

Levi was 15/16 years ole and playing for de under 16/17 and under 20 teams at de same time.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:00:38 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2017, 11:29:06 AM »

De ting is, Shaq was trying out for de T&T U-15 team. He was called up to the USA U-17 team in 2011. He was the captain of the USA squad at the 2013 CONCACAF Championship. The same T&T squad he got rejected from, was also at that tournament.

Let's say for argument sake he had a terrible tryout, yuh mean tuh say dey couldn't leave de doors or keep tabs on him? At that age, Shaq was already known in the US circles. It wasn't just somebody appearing out of nowhere. His father is Trini, one of his developmental coaches is Trini. There could and should have been communication.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2017, 12:49:14 PM »
Well put TM :applause:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2017, 01:50:07 PM »
Look all of allyuh hear  to dissing  the association because the man playing for Levante. You win some and you lose some. Allyuh know I eh no mouth piece for the TTFA. At the youth level, is a hit or miss with young players. And seeing the ineptitude of the football association, many good players are discarded. Look how many good local players dropped out because of the short comings of the TTFA. Shaq good where he is right now. He don't have to deal with a cash-trapped TTFA. Can't get warm-up games,etc.  He will just be wasting his time. Ask his father how "wonderful" it was when he played for TT. I for one is happy for the yute. He getting to do what I  or any of us dream about doing when we were his age. We just were not good enough. We have plenty yute in TT who could achieve. But all parties involve in football have to be in sync. Is the same old thing. Why would he want to be in that?

1]; } ?>