April 17, 2024, 11:40:49 PM

Author Topic: Pfister picks squad to face Bermuda.  (Read 6088 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pfister picks squad to face Bermuda.
« on: October 01, 2011, 12:35:50 PM »
Pfister picks squad to face Bermuda.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago’s squad for the upcoming 2014 World Cup qualifier versus Bermuda has been finalized by head coach Otto Pfister and includes eight players that will be playing under the German-born coach for the first time.

With skipper Kenwyne Jones and strike partner Darryl Roberts out with injury, Pfister has included Orlando City duo Devorn Jorsling and Kevin Molino, as well as Belgium-based defender Radanfah Abu Bakr, Kendall Jagdeosingh of Rochester Rhinos and Puerto Rico Islanders’ Osei Telesford who was in the line up when T&T defeated Bermuda 2-0 in their previous qualifier in Hamilton in 2008.

Stern John, who netted the decisive second goal is also in the current squad.

There are eleven overseas-based players in the squad with Slovakia-based winger Lester Peltier and Belgium-based midfielder Khaleem Hyland both included along with US-based trio Keon Daniel, Chris Birchall and Julius James as well as Clyde Leon who returned from Colombia last week.

Two of the others are W Connection defender Mekeil Williams, a former member of the National Under 20 team that played at the 2009 FIFA Under 20 World Cup in Egypt, and DirecTV North East Stars’ Kevaughn Connell, who had a short stint before under Francisco Maturana. W Connection goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams is also back in the fray.

Pfister will be without Carlos Edwards as well who has been excused due to a family emergency and Anthony Wolfe will miss the encounter due to injury sustained during the past week while in action for North East Stars

"It’s a good group. There are players here with good quality," Pfister told TTFF Media.

"We have two games again to play within a week and just like we did with first two matches, our aim will be to win both matches so that we can move to a maximum twelve points from our four matches. Okay, maybe we have a one or two players missing because of injury but this is football and we will find a way to go forward from here."

Orlando’s Jorsling is back in the team after not playing since the Digicel Caribbean Cup campaign in 2010. And he’s looking to make up for his missed time.

"As a striker you always want to score goals and help your team win. We all know Jonesy (Kenwyne Jones) is the number one striker but my focus is to come in here now and give the coach more options. I want to play my part, score goals and help bring home winning results," Jorsling said.

And Leon, who skippered the team for much of 2010, is optimistic despite what appears to be a somewhat new look team for these two upcoming games.

"I think we have the chance to show that our pool of players is large enough so that we can use other players when the regular starters are out.

I believe these guys have what it takes to bring home a win. We just need to really come together as a team. We’ve had a few good sessions so far and it’s just up to us to go there and put the pieces together now," Leon said.

Caribbean Airlines fly ‘Warriors’ directly to Bermuda.

Caribbean Airlines, who recently signed on as a partner with the TTFF to support the "Soca Warriors" for the 2014 World Cup campaign, followed through on their pledge, by accommodating the team’s request for an arranged trip to and from Bermuda.

Caribbean Airlines will fly the team directly to Bermuda on Sunday and then back to Port of Spain on Saturday which means the team will avoid longer hours, not having to stop off in the United States en route to Hamilton.

Caribbean Airlines Sales Executive Janelle Gangoo presented the airline tickets to team T&T team manager Peter Rampersad at its Nicholas Tower offices on Friday evening.

The Airline will continue to liaise with the team management to assist with whatever courtesies that may need to be extended to ensure the "Soca Warriors" have smooth travels for all their overseas assignments.

T&T Squad

Goalkeepers
Marvin Phillip (Joe Public), Jan Michael Williams (W Connection).

Defenders
Seon Power (North East Stars), Mekeil Williams (W Connection), Akeem Adams (T&TEC), Radanfah Abu Bakr (Olympic Chaleroi), Osei Telesford (Puerto Rico Islanders), Julius James (Columbus Crew).

Midfielders
Kevaughn Connell (North East Stars), Hughtun Hector (W Connection), Clyde Leon (Itagui Ditaires), Kendall Jagdeosingh (Rochester Rhinos), Christopher Birchall (LA Galaxy), Khaleem Hyland (Racing Genk), Lester Peltier (AS Trencin), Hayden Tinto (Joe Public), Keon Daniel (Philadelphia Union), Kevin Molino (Orlando City).

Forwards
Stern John (North East Stars), Devorn Jorsling (Orlando City).
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 05:15:22 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
Re: Pfister picks squad to face Bermuda.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 12:45:44 PM »

Caribbean Airlines, who recently signed on as a partner with the TTFF to support the "Soca Warriors" for the 2014 World Cup campaign, followed through on their pledge, by accommodating the team’s request for an arranged trip to and from Bermuda. Caribbean Airlines will fly the team directly to Bermuda on Sunday and then back to Port of Spain on Saturday which means the team will avoid longer hours, not having to stop off in the United States en route to Hamilton. Caribbean Airlines Sales Executive Janelle Gangoo presented the airline tickets to team T&T team manager Peter Rampersad at its Nicholas Tower offices on Friday evening. The Airline will continue to liaise with the team management to assist with whatever courtesies that may need to be extended to ensure the "Soca Warriors" have smooth travels for all their overseas assignments. 

Now that is a good thing..one less thing to stress about
well yes

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 12:56:44 PM »
Interesting there is no Boucaud or Thomson.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 12:58:44 PM »
Interesting there is no Boucaud or Thomson.

he is using these games to look at players
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 01:33:15 PM »
good team

will be another 2 wins for us :beermug:

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 01:39:48 PM »
What will the back four look like? Will Abu and James be the central backs? 

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 01:46:13 PM »
phillip

power   james   teleford/abu bakr   adams

birchall

tinto            hector/molino   daniel

john           jorsling

then you have peltier, hyland, leon and jaggy off the bench, its a hard decision in the central mid, hector may get the bligh over molino, i guess we will see, its tough to call, even at center back as well, daniel and tinto seem to be a shoe in for the wing positions

i believe leon will be the cover for birchall at a holding mid position, i guess it depends what strategy pfister goes with

btw what happened to the line-up button? ???
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 01:48:25 PM by Controversial »

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 01:55:54 PM »
no tousaint anyway glad to see abu bakr back and look i did clean forget bout telesford anyway way hope to see rell promise from these new call ups cause e need good fire power on d bench to
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 02:48:52 PM »
phillip

birchall

john           jorsling

then you have peltier, hyland, leon and jaggy off the bench, its a hard decision in the central mid, hector may get the bligh over molino, i guess we will see, its tough to call, even at center back as well, daniel and tinto seem to be a shoe in for the wing positions

i believe leon will be the cover for birchall at a holding mid position, i guess it depends what strategy pfister goes with

I think Peltier will get de nod ahead of Jorsling upfront, because of his club form. He may also end up on de LW if Daniel is not fully fit (due to illness).  Telesford has not played in defense since de days of Wim, so it will be interesting to see if he will end up there ahead of Abu Bakr.

With all our missing starters this squad should still be able to handle Bermuda and B'dos. I will even go as far to say we might even score more goals than we did in our first 2 games.

Phillip
Adams
James
Teleford
Power
Daniel
Leon
Hector
Tinto
Peltier

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 08:06:13 AM by FireBrand »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 02:58:09 PM »

It's now back. Second row, third button from the right.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 03:00:06 PM »
hey de team will look good guys. i would like to c the training session with does new boys. i wish they score more goals.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2011, 03:24:03 PM »
That team look ok.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 03:30:59 PM »
That team look ok.

Yes but that team need to get stronger even with the inclusion of Jones & Roberts  to beat Costa Rica  and get something the Mexico game ... 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 03:35:06 PM »
Power staying as a CB

Hard luck fuh Thomson and Boucaud, and well we know that the keeper wasnt coming back
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011, 03:49:12 PM »

phillip

power   james   teleford   cornell

birchall

tinto      molino   daniel
         john
                jorsling

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 03:54:45 PM »

phillip

birchall

john
                jorsling

Hey FS, I know Kevaughn use to play in midfield and even as a striker, but how does he look at LB compared to other leftbacks in the League like Joevin Jones and Akeem Adams? Bias aside of course.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 05:12:29 PM by FireBrand »

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 04:27:08 PM »
Can anybody tell me why Hector isn't playing abroad> This guy is a real number 10 and would develop way faster in Europe. His agent really need to get going on marketing him abroad.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 04:37:32 PM »

It's now back. Second row, third button from the right.

bless :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 04:38:31 PM »
phillip

birchall

john           jorsling

I think Peltier will get de nod ahead of Jorsling upfront, because of his club form. He may also end up on de LW if Daniel is not fully fit (due to illness).  Telesford has not played in defense since de days of Wim, so it will be interesting to see if he will end up there ahead of Abu Bakr.

With all our missing starters this squad should still be able to handle Bermuda and B'dos. I will even go as far to say we might even score more goals than we did in our first 2 games.

Phillip
Adams
James
Teleford
Power
Daniel
Birchall
Hector
Tinto
Peltier

ah like this team breds :beermug:

it would be interesting to see peltier play with john up front, interesting combo

and i also agree with the point you made, i believe we may even see more goals, because hector brings that creative presence in the mid and the service needed for the strikers
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 04:42:44 PM by Controversial »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 04:46:31 PM »

phillip

birchall

john
                jorsling

Hey FS, I know Kevaughn uses to play in midfield and even as a striker, but how does he look at LB compared to other leftbacks in the League like Joevin Jones and Akeem Adams? Bias aside of course.  ;D

I think Pfister wants an attacking wing back. If you look at how he played Wolfe at right back, I think he's looking for balance. Cornell is not a great defender, but I think Pfister wants an ashley cole style attacking left back.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 05:04:50 PM »
Phillip
Adams
Power
James
Telesford
Peltier
Birchall
Hector
Molino
Stern
Jorsling

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 05:15:04 PM »

phillip

birchall

john
                jorsling

Hey FS, I know Kevaughn uses to play in midfield and even as a striker, but how does he look at LB compared to other leftbacks in the League like Joevin Jones and Akeem Adams? Bias aside of course.  ;D

I think Pfister wants an attacking wing back. If you look at how he played Wolfe at right back, I think he's looking for balance. Cornell is not a great defender, but I think Pfister wants an ashley cole style attacking left back.

maybe, maybe not, pfister wants zero conceded and going with a natural left back like adams seems a logical choice, but hey i could be wrong

we will see next week

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 06:28:05 PM »
I'm surprised so many people are leaving Hyland out of their starting 11.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2011, 06:29:05 PM »
I'm surprised so many people are leaving Hyland out of their starting 11.

he needs to prove himself from that poor display previously, he will have to do that as a sub

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2011, 08:16:40 PM »
eight newbies....so much for the gelling as a unit with games...

given the situation, logical i guess.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2011, 09:55:29 PM »
That team look ok.

Yes but that team need to get stronger even with the inclusion of Jones & Roberts  to beat Costa Rica  and get something the Mexico game ... 

True, but to be honest I like the pace we developing at.  Slow and steady keeps us discipline.  If all the players were back, knowing us we might have gotten reckless and over confident.  Let some new boys prove themselves and build the depth. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2011, 11:07:28 PM »
That team look ok.

True, but to be honest I like the pace we developing at.  Slow and steady keeps us discipline.  If all the players were back, knowing us we might have gotten reckless and over confident.  Let some new boys prove themselves and build the depth. 

good point

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2011, 12:07:19 AM »

Caribbean Airlines, who recently signed on as a partner with the TTFF to support the "Soca Warriors" for the 2014 World Cup campaign, followed through on their pledge, by accommodating the team’s request for an arranged trip to and from Bermuda. Caribbean Airlines will fly the team directly to Bermuda on Sunday and then back to Port of Spain on Saturday which means the team will avoid longer hours, not having to stop off in the United States en route to Hamilton. Caribbean Airlines Sales Executive Janelle Gangoo presented the airline tickets to team T&T team manager Peter Rampersad at its Nicholas Tower offices on Friday evening. The Airline will continue to liaise with the team management to assist with whatever courtesies that may need to be extended to ensure the "Soca Warriors" have smooth travels for all their overseas assignments. 

Now that is a good thing..one less thing to stress about

Would have been even better if we could have flown over a TV/camera crew as well to cover the game live and beam it back over to C-TV for live streaming via the internet!

When we get to that stage and our 2006 WC warriors get their money and Camps is gone then I 'll be a happy T&T football supporter knowing that our football has a bright future!!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2011, 02:50:23 AM »
I dont understand why we are developing teams in these types of matches,personally I dont think that is the case coz its not like we could afford to lose we just have to win.This team will probably do much better than the teams did in their first 2 matches,the only good thing was we won both matches.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2011, 04:57:47 AM »
Phillip
Adams
Power
James
Telesford
Peltier
Birchall
Hector
Molino
Stern
Jorsling

Now I like dis set up more. It makes use of the Molino / Jorsling connect without losing Hector and Peltier. It go be hard benchin Tinto and K. Daniel but having both of them coming on as the super subs in these games will be better than it vice versa. (they could go straight to work) I'd bring in hyland for birchall when he bun since I have more faith in Hyland that Leon. Plus hyland need to find his legs whereas Leon is busy losing his legs!
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>