March 28, 2024, 05:25:04 AM

Author Topic: Bermuda sink Soca Warriors.  (Read 12968 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Bermuda sink Soca Warriors.
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2011, 12:14:50 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fDj5SS9JeDU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fDj5SS9JeDU</a>

He talking rel shyte. 20 secs and already with excuses. We missing 3 key players to play BERMUDA  ???  You have to be joking. YOU (de coach man) pick ah team and then saying 3 of the players meet for the first time in a game and that you never see them play in a game before. What a F@#king joke of a response from a TOP coach.

I'm beginning to feel we have another Maturana on our hands!!
Maybe he's passed his best and is just in T&T to collect his last paycheck before full retirement?!
I think T&T taxpayers deserve a better explanantion for that performance and his player selections so far!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2011, 12:17:28 PM »
We only edged them 1-0 at home with all of our players... And from the sounds of it, it wasn't the most convincing display...so losing 2-1 away from home is not that far fetched. 

I think we have to look in the mirror and concede that we lack quality, and quit it with the superiority complex.  We're stuck in a mindset that we're supposed to beat teams like Bermuda just by showing up...that's obviously not the case - they beat us at home a few years back, so this is not exactly a new development - so it really confuses me to hear the heads bark in shock at this result.  How many awful results is it gonna take?   

The shirt doesn't win games by itself - We have plenty plenty work to do...and I fear that all the work in the world isn't going to be enough.  We need our players to exhibit true quality, and there's nothing so far to suggest that that quality even exist.... 

Sense.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2011, 12:29:32 PM »
I think we have to look in the mirror and concede that we lack quality, and quit it with the superiority complex. We're stuck in a mindset that we're supposed to beat teams like Bermuda just by showing up...that's obviously not the case

Exactly.

I wonder if the players think like that too and go into these game overconfident/complacent.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2011, 12:44:57 PM »
@Socapro the soca warriors doesn't have the talent to play good football, we had a handful of coaches in the past and it seems like its the same results. the federation is not putting money to develop a good team. it needs to start from young until senior level in trinidad and tobago. the media of trinidad and tobago need to love the game so that it can b aired. Trinidad comes like US once upon a time, it was difficult to c football on any major network in the us, but now, it's soccer like crazy, trinidad is going backward never forward in the development of the game. THIS MUST STOP!!!!!

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2011, 01:26:18 PM »
I think we have to look in the mirror and concede that we lack quality, and quit it with the superiority complex. We're stuck in a mindset that we're supposed to beat teams like Bermuda just by showing up...that's obviously not the case

Exactly.

I wonder if the players think like that too and go into these game overconfident/complacent.
I does wonder myself u know. Despite all recent results alot of forumites seem to still think we are the team we once were back in the late 80s-mid ninety's. Even when Beenhaker was coaching it took the eventual return of Latapy for us to really start looking dangerous. That alone shows me that we didn't then and don't now have all the tools for a top regional team.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2011, 01:48:23 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fDj5SS9JeDU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fDj5SS9JeDU</a>

He talking rel shyte. 20 secs and already with excuses. We missing 3 key players to play BERMUDA  ???  You have to be joking. YOU (de coach man) pick ah team and then saying 3 of the players meet for the first time in a game and that you never see them play in a game before. What a F@#king joke of a response from a TOP coach.

Maybe he's passed his best and is just in T&T to collect his last paycheck before full retirement?!
I think T&T taxpayers deserve a better explanantion for that performance and his player selections so far!

How many games has Pfister had? Four? At least two things could resolve this: 1) have Mourinho guest coach for 4 games or 2) play a series of friendlies versus Moldova (one of the least competent UEFA squads) on four match dates with Pfister at the helm.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2011, 02:53:53 PM »

How many games has Pfister had? Four? At least two things could resolve this: 1) have Mourinho guest coach for 4 games or 2) play a series of friendlies versus Moldova (one of the least competent UEFA squads) on four match dates with Pfister at the helm.

If Mourinho dont do well men on this board will come and say Mourinho is a shit coach who past he best and we need a local coach etc. etc...even he said if u want a great omelette u need great eggs

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2011, 03:01:57 PM »
This performance is consistent with our form in the last 2 years or so.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2011, 03:08:13 PM »
dis is real too too...........plenty madness here with T&T football......the glory days done before dey could even start

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2011, 04:01:14 PM »
We only edged them 1-0 at home with all of our players... And from the sounds of it, it wasn't the most convincing display...so losing 2-1 away from home is not that far fetched. 

I think we have to look in the mirror and concede that we lack quality, and quit it with the superiority complex.  We're stuck in a mindset that we're supposed to beat teams like Bermuda just by showing up...that's obviously not the case - they beat us at home a few years back, so this is not exactly a new development - so it really confuses me to hear the heads bark in shock at this result.  How many awful results is it gonna take?   

The shirt doesn't win games by itself - We have plenty plenty work to do...and I fear that all the work in the world isn't going to be enough.  We need our players to exhibit true quality, and there's nothing so far to suggest that that quality even exist.... 

Well said my brother!!

You take the words out of my mouth! The gap has closed tremendously!! The writing was on the wall when we couldnt qualify for the Gold Cup.  If we cyar make it as one of the top four in the Caribbean, then why should we think that we can seriously challenge for a top 3 spot in Concacaf.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2011, 07:22:24 PM »
T&T set up 4-3-3.  Throw away a set of goals.  Anyone who is fighting down this coach is obviously a football dunce. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2011, 08:21:34 PM »
WHile we ketch we arse to beat Bermuda, Costa played Brazil in a friendly, and "A" Brazil team and lost 1 -0. We WILL NEVER reach the level of Mex, USA, Costa Rica and Honduras. NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline santacruz

• Full Warrior
  • This year is the Dutch year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2011, 09:14:28 PM »

Well said my brother!!

You take the words out of my mouth! The gap has closed tremendously!! The writing was on the wall when we couldnt qualify for the Gold Cup.  If we cyar make it as one of the top four in the Caribbean, then why should we think that we can seriously challenge for a top 3 spot in Concacaf.

ah love it!!

it aint think the gap close nah. if yuh check the rest of the qualifying matches you will see teams that deserve tuh get 5 and 7 get exactly that. trinidad and tobago football has just regressed tremendously. as kicker say, we simply dont have the quality to convincingly compete in concacaf. simple as that!
Fatima old boy graduate in '95 from Form 5, '97 from Form 6, lived in Santa Cruz.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2011, 09:34:56 PM »
This forum is pure kicks. Bermuda beat us so the coach and players are shit. So all of a sudden dis Bermuda nobody coach better than Pfister? All of a sudden the same players we were bigging yesterday now shittier than these Bermudans?

Wim get fired and we hire Maturana. We get licks from Grenada and kick out the gold cup. We fire Mats and hire Latapy. We get licks and get kick out the gold cup again. We fire Latapy and hire Pfister. If we get beaten by Guyana under Jamal Shabazz then we will fire Pfister and hire another coach.

As for the players, not one of them gave any indication of being overconfident. And hands down they are better than Bermuda ON PAPER and we dominated possession in the game.

So coaches have come and gone, players have come and gone, but the results are the same. So what's the problem?  If we players so shitty why are we wasting time, money and resources trying to qualifiy? Here's a hint...there is one organization whose members have not come and gone in any meaningful way. It happens to be the same organization that has not given our team a game for a almost a year, then fed us India. INDIA! Then no further preparation for World cup Qualifying.

Allyuh does cuss Socapro and others for 'negative vibes' but the fact remains that T&T will NEVER TRULY SUCCEED with Camps  et al in power. We may win a few battles here and there, but the cost has been and always will be tremendous and crippling to us. They are serial loosers, nothing they do or have done will ultimately be long lasting or of future benefit.

The TTFF are masters of the 'hope springs eternal' technique. They cynically appeal to our patriotism and love of the game to relieve us of our money, and we fall for it every damn time.  Technical staff and players have not been paid for months, but you can be damn sure Caps getting compensated. Like a good woman, we tell ourselves its the lot of us fans to endure. Hell no.

Until we rid ourselves of these people, get off the FIFA qualifying hamster wheel, stop reaching for carrots and begin to build structures to develop football, until we pay our respect to the game, NOTHING WILL CHANGE. Lets keep supporting the players but like kicker said, doh fraid to look in the mirror.

Carry on.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2011, 09:47:44 PM »
This forum is pure kicks. Bermuda beat us so the coach and players are shit. So all of a sudden dis Bermuda nobody coach better than Pfister? All of a sudden the same players we were bigging yesterday now shittier than these Bermudans?

Wim get fired and we hire Maturana. We get licks from Grenada and kick out the gold cup. We fire Mats and hire Latapy. We get licks and get kick out the gold cup again. We fire Latapy and hire Pfister. If we get beaten by Guyana under Jamal Shabazz then we will fire Pfister and hire another coach.

As for the players, not one of them gave any indication of being overconfident. And hands down they are better than Bermuda ON PAPER and we dominated possession in the game.

So coaches have come and gone, players have come and gone, but the results are the same. So what's the problem?  If we players so shitty why are we wasting time, money and resources trying to qualifiy? Here's a hint...there is one organization whose members have not come and gone in any meaningful way. It happens to be the same organization that has not given our team a game for a almost a year, then fed us India. INDIA! Then no further preparation for World cup Qualifying.

Allyuh does cuss Socapro and others for 'negative vibes' but the fact remains that T&T will NEVER TRULY SUCCEED with Camps  et al in power. We may win a few battles here and there, but the cost has been and always will be tremendous and crippling to us. They are serial loosers, nothing they do or have done will ultimately be long lasting or of future benefit.

The TTFF are masters of the 'hope springs eternal' technique. They cynically appeal to our patriotism and love of the game to relieve us of our money, and we fall for it every damn time.  Technical staff and players have not been paid for months, but you can be damn sure Caps getting compensated. Like a good woman, we tell ourselves its the lot of us fans to endure. Hell no.

Until we rid ourselves of these people, get off the FIFA qualifying hamster wheel, stop reaching for carrots and begin to build structures to develop football, until we pay our respect to the game, NOTHING WILL CHANGE. Lets keep supporting the players but like kicker said, doh fraid to look in the mirror.

Carry on.

:applause: :applause: :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2011, 10:21:31 PM »
So we continue to play terribly and lose matches under the last four coaches.  And people keep blaming the coach.  Who do you all really want?  Let's face it!  The TTFF has done nothing to develop talent for the last 20 years.  It is only by accident that we had a few natuarally gifted players that came together at the same time and they were developed overseas - Yorke, Latapy, Dog, Stern, Hislop.  Coincidence and Fate smiled on us and we got lucky.  The last time we were very successful we had a Brazilian coach that developed several players at San Fernando Technical in the 60's and a few other talented players - De Leon, Cummings, Archibald, and a few others.  We recently had a team that went to the Under 19 World Cup and we have not heard about them since.  We have not played a decent Friendly in more than two years, so we have players but no team.  This is a team game where players have to learn to play with each other.  Meanwhile the US plays quality competition every month with games against Spain, Mexico, Italy, Costa Rica, Brazil, Argentina, etc.  What is the TTFF doing? Nothing, but fleecing the game.
Whether we change coaches or not, change players or not, we will achieve nothing until we have a soccer administration that cares about the development of the ganme rather than stroking their own egos and liniing their own pockets.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2011, 10:54:22 PM »
TTFF argument valid.  But you can't blame TTFF when you line up out there.  Our team throw away the match.  I did not see the game but from what I heard we were given the opportunity to succeed.   They need to dig deeper.  They can do it.  They will do it.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2011, 12:36:57 AM »
TTFF argument valid.  But you can't blame TTFF when you line up out there.  Our team throw away the match.  I did not see the game but from what I heard we were given the opportunity to succeed.   They need to dig deeper.  They can do it.  They will do it.

They will do what Preacher, beat B'dos and Guyana? At full strength, no doubt. But people acting like they EXPECT this particular T&T side to beat Bermuda with NO PREPARATION and minus Jones, Roberts, Birchall and Carlos Edwards. On top of that we could have a B side with JLloyd, Carlyle Mitchell, Andre Toussaint, Theobald, Leon, Daniel Cyrus, Joevin Jones, Jamal Gay, Kerry Baptiste and plenty more MIA.

The federation supposed to secure our preparations. As storeboy pointed out in the last two years the US has played Czech Republic, England, Netherlands, Colombia, Turkey, Poland, Chile, Parguay, Argentina, Mexico, Spain, Brazil. They playing Ecuador next Tuesday.

In the last year Mexico played Columbia, Ecuador, Bolivia, the US, Uruguay, Peru, Chile, Poland and Costa Rica. They playing Brazil in Mexico Tuesday.

Honduras has played South Korea, Guatemala, JA, Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia and Paraguay.

We play India...

To say this T&T side just supposed to line up and magically win every game against so-called minnows regardless of preparation is plain wrong. And its doubly wrong when you realize its not just one game. Loosing to minnows has become the norm for us.

Maybe we have unrealistic expectations of these players and coaches. Maybe the lack of preparation, poor morale, fighting between local and foreign, coaching merry go-round, not paying players and staff is taking its toll. I believe it is, and if so these are issues the federation, not the players and coach, have to address before we can move forward.

The problems dogging the team for years, but instead of genuinely seeking solutions Jack, Camps and the boys sweeping dirt under the carpet and throwing pee out the window to fool us into thinking everything 'normal'. Football is a mental game. How motivated would you be to play for the same men who blatantly tief from you, causing you to loose money, endangering your career, offer no help if you get injured, calling you a mercenary. If you not 100% in yuh head that makes a big difference on the field.

Not making excuses, just my speculation as to why we went from world cup heroes to a laughing stock.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 12:45:05 AM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2011, 01:17:40 AM »

Sense.
move yuh table and chair ahead of the class
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2011, 02:49:13 AM »
Don't want to lose against minnows? Want to protect the national team rep? Then don't play minnows!

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2011, 05:24:29 AM »
Can I ask football lovers on this forum a question? Who really is the top dog at the TTFF? Jack Warner is out of the picture now in all capacities, so we will no longer assume it is him pulling the strings behind the scenes. I've been reading these forums for around ten years now, and I still can't tell you guys who your federation president is (outside of Jack Warner). Is it Camps or LookLoy? Or Lincoln Philips. Who is your General Secretary? Who is your National Technical Director? Is it Pfister or is he senior national team coach only? Putting a 70 year old coach at the helm of your football program to do the job on his own in my mind is questionable.  It becomes even more questionable when for the first 3 months or so of his job, he basically collected his paychecks without having to do any work at all, then your federation gives the guy a game to kick off his appointment against India of all teams to give him a false sense of where the team is. And who is he accountable to? Who is the one who will eventually fire him if he doesn't get the job done? Dont tell me its the minister of Sports (I believe he threatened to fire Latapy,and eventually did)

So, back to the question, who is the man that is responsible for negotiating international friendly games and all that? Because I think this is always going to be the most crucial role in the development of any national team programme. You cant do well in international sport in general without a solid Administration behind the team. And while my own JFF is not at the level we would like them to be, Horace Burrall and Horace Reid are beacons in the Caribbean when it comes to managing the football at all levels, hiring and firing of coaches, and liasing with regional and international Football Federations to arrange friendly games on FIFA match dates.

I think you guys should give this Pfister guy a decent friendly game at some point to test his true mettle. You cant just assume that because he's coached Cameroon etc with good success he's going to get the same results here. These African teams are blessed with more natural talent than the average team in CONCACAF, so coaching them might be a little bit different than coaching a Caribbean team.

I expect you guys to win this group, but even with Kenwyn Jones in the starting lineup, I feel you will struggle in the later rounds...of course i say this in the context of your results so far.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 05:38:05 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2011, 07:06:38 AM »
Friendlies to test his mettle? That would be like asking Warren Buffet to prove his worth by showing he could run a corner rum shop. All this conflating and confusing and equating coaching competence with player ability is bullshit.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2011, 09:36:50 AM »
We were actually missing 4 key players, Roberts, KJ, Carlos and Birchall.

No...the 5th is Jlloyd Samuel.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Guyana, Antigua march on
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2011, 11:06:00 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Guyana__Antigua_march_on-131403953.html

Guyana, Antigua march on
Story Created: Oct 9, 2011 at 12:40 AM ECT

T&T, only the second English-speaking side to qualify for a World Cup finals after reaching Germany 2006, were a shadow of themselves and lost 2-1 in Hamilton on a cool and blustery night at the National Sports Centre.

After a goal-less first half in the Group B contest, Antwan Russell fired Bermuda ahead in the 53rd minute and ten minutes later Nahki Wells doubled their lead before

Kevin Molino pulled a goal back in the 81st minute.

Guyana had no such problems but left it late before they could dispose of hapless Barbados 2-0 at the National Stadium in Bridgetown.

Substitute Anthony Abrams put the visitors ahead in the 73rd and captain Christopher Nurse added a second three minutes from time to send Guyana to the top of Group B on nine points.

The defeat for Barbados was their third straight and it virtually eliminated them from the qualifying series.

Elsewhere, Haiti swamped the US Virgin Islands 7-0 on the road to remain unbeaten and head Group F on nine points.

Impressive Antigua and Barbuda also remained unbeaten, edging Curacao 1-0 in Willemstad through a Tamarley Thomas 74th minute strike, to keep pace with Haiti in Group F.

Grenada were also in winners' row, beating Belize 4-1 in Belmopan, but there were heavy losses for other Eastern Caribbean countries as Dominica were thrashed 5-0 by Panama in Roseau and St Lucia were swamped 7-0 by Canada in Gros Islet, with Jamaica-born striker Simeon Jackson netting a hat-trick.

–CMC

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bermuda stuns Soca Warriors 2-1
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2011, 11:18:17 AM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2011/10/09/bermuda-stuns-soca-warriors-2-1

Bermuda stuns Soca Warriors 2-1
Published: Sun, 2011-10-09 05:05

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior footballers put themselves in a familiar position having to win all three remaining matches in the current CONCACAF group phase if they are to realise their ambitions of qualifying for Brazil 2014. And that’s all it took to cause some discomfort for Otto Pfister’s men who went down 2-1 to Bermuda at the National Sports Centre, Hamilton on Friday night. The lost left T&T second in the group on six points behind Guyana (9 pts after beating Barbados 2-0) with Bermuda third on three and Barbados pointless. John Nusum did the damage to T&T, back in 2008, and his return to the Bermuda line-up on Friday night brought back the winner’s luck as the hosts took their chances perfectly with Antwell Russell hitting home past Marvin Phillip in the 53rd minute and Bradford City striker Nahki Wells; punishing them with a blistering shot following an error at the back ten minutes later. The game itself seemed odd from the start as the Bermudan anthem was never played but instead the sounds of United States’ own started playing shortly after T&T’s anthem. That was the second time of such an occurrence at the same venue at a meeting between both teams.

Added to that, there was an announcement over the PA system that the game time would be pushed back because fans were still trying to get into the stadium which seats just under 3,000 fans. The game eventually kicked off 18 minutes late. The Bermudans showed spirit on the pitch against a T&T team that was missing five regular starters but still managed to move the ball around with some zip early despite struggling to create clear cut chances on goal. When Kevin Molino pulled a goal back in the 81st minute, T&T could not complete a comeback despite their valiant efforts in the closing stages. Lester Peltier had an effort on 12 minutes and Stern John’s low drive from a free kick went wide two minutes later. Bermuda slowly got into their own and once they realised they were in a position to challenge for result their spirits lifted and they began to believe. Skipper and mainman Khano Smith, playing in the left wingback position, forced a corner with a good effort and Kwame Steede shot into the side netting soon after.

Pfister played Hayden Tinto on the left and Peltier on the right but the former never settled and forced the German to replace him with Hughtun Hector in the 34th. John was up top with Khaleem Hyland, Molino and Keon Daniel in the middle. Seon Power and Julius James played in central defence with Akeem Adams on the left and Osei Telesford on the right. Lashun Dill caused a scare for T&T when his effort rocked the crossbar in the 36th minute and Bermuda’s confidence kept growing. All the while T&T appeared comfortable despite not mounting countless pressure on the Bermudan  goal. As the second half started, Bermuda went in early search of a goal with Wells’ shot saved by Phillips. They got the go ahead item when a soft exchange between Daniel and Telesford allowed Andre Manders to pick up possession and he found Russell who clinically got the ball past Phillips. The goal certainly woke T&T up with Hector proving to be a force on the left side but it wasn’t too long before Bermuda put a further dent on T&T.

Another lapse at the ball saw the end result being Wells picking up and unleashing a rocket which left Phillip hapless between the sticks. The Bermudans celebrated  like never before. John had a header denied and his replacement Devorn Jorsling brought some additional force up front for T&T. Molino brought back some hope for T&T when he bundled the ball over the line for a 2-1 scoreline after Kevaughn Connell played one in that caused some mayhem in the box. T&T pressed and hustled after every ball, keeping Bermuda on the backfoot for much of the remaining half but could not force an equalizer. Julius James had a header cleared on the line and Peltier also muffed an opportunity inside the box while Hector curled one wide of the far post  late in the game. When the final whistle came after three minutes injury time, the result hurt the T&T team. But Bermuda began partying with what maybe the team’s biggest ever victory on home soil. Pfister will hold a session on Saturday morning prior to the team’s departure to Port-of-Spain where they will face Barbados from 5 pm on Tuesday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Pfister: No reason to press panic button
Head coach Otto Pfister said this was no time or reason for pressing the panic button as this country heads into its next three 2014 World Cup qualifying matches needing to win to stay ahead in the race for a semi-final round spot. Speaking after Friday’s 2-1 defeat to Bermuda in Hamilton, Pfister said: “Bermuda were a good team today. Okay, I never look for excuses but we had three or four key players that didn’t play today and we had three players that played for me for the first time today. This was difficult for the co-ordination. “No need to press the panic button. In football you have three possibilities. You draw, you win or you lose. Today we lose. The first two games we win and now we have to try and win again. “The weather was the same for the two teams. They had two opportunities and they took them. This is football.”

Teams

Bermuda:  Frederick Hall, Khano Smith (captain), Taurean Manders (Seion Darrell, 85th), Keman Tucker, Devrae Tankard, Tyrell Burgess, Kwame Steede, Lashan Dill (Damon Ming, 65th),John Barry Nusum, Antwan Russell,Nakhi Wells (Chris Casey, 68th).

Subs not used:  Tahj Bell (Red 37'), Quadir Maynard, Angelo Simmons, Jesse Seymour.

T&T: Marvin Phillip,Seon Power, Julius James,  Akeem Adams, Osei Telesford, Lester Peltier, Khaleem Hyland,  Keon Daniel (Kevaughn Connell, 65th), Hayden Tinto (Hughtun Hector, 34th),Kevin Molino, Stern John (capt) (Devorn Jorsling, 60th).
 Subs not used: - Jan-Michael Williams, Andrei Pacheco, Clyde Leon, Mekeil Williams.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2011, 12:15:50 PM »
Reggae Fan I agree with your comments. we the fans have to take the blame too! We take anything that is given to us without question!I doubt whether Jamaica would have accepted that decision to bring a 73 year old in charge of their team with qualified ex national players or coaches around! Jamaicans are a proud people but we are fool-fool as they call us! Too much crap going on in Trinidad and Tobago football and we are talking about who shittier than we! t &t inspired Jamaica to go to the World Cup after our outstanding performane in 1989 and the whole of Jamaica including Patterson at the time supported us! Now we struggling in the preliminaries ! It is such a shame!
I like what Jamaica is doing with their local coach and I wish them all the best! Because the way it is looking even if we squeeze through it would not be easy in the next round!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2011, 12:25:19 PM »
So dahis it now? Scapegoat Pfister because of his age? Ridiculous.

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2011, 12:50:53 PM »

They will do what Preacher, beat B'dos and Guyana? At full strength, no doubt. But people acting like they EXPECT this particular T&T side to beat Bermuda with NO PREPARATION and minus Jones, Roberts, Birchall and Carlos Edwards. On top of that we could have a B side with JLloyd, Carlyle Mitchell, Andre Toussaint, Theobald, Leon, Daniel Cyrus, Joevin Jones, Jamal Gay, Kerry Baptiste and plenty more MIA.

The federation supposed to secure our preparations. As storeboy pointed out in the last two years the US has played Czech Republic, England, Netherlands, Colombia, Turkey, Poland, Chile, Parguay, Argentina, Mexico, Spain, Brazil. They playing Ecuador next Tuesday.

In the last year Mexico played Columbia, Ecuador, Bolivia, the US, Uruguay, Peru, Chile, Poland and Costa Rica. They playing Brazil in Mexico Tuesday.

Honduras has played South Korea, Guatemala, JA, Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia and Paraguay.

We play India...

To say this T&T side just supposed to line up and magically win every game against so-called minnows regardless of preparation is plain wrong. And its doubly wrong when you realize its not just one game. Loosing to minnows has become the norm for us.

Maybe we have unrealistic expectations of these players and coaches. Maybe the lack of preparation, poor morale, fighting between local and foreign, coaching merry go-round, not paying players and staff is taking its toll. I believe it is, and if so these are issues the federation, not the players and coach, have to address before we can move forward.

The problems dogging the team for years, but instead of genuinely seeking solutions Jack, Camps and the boys sweeping dirt under the carpet and throwing pee out the window to fool us into thinking everything 'normal'. Football is a mental game. How motivated would you be to play for the same men who blatantly tief from you, causing you to loose money, endangering your career, offer no help if you get injured, calling you a mercenary. If you not 100% in yuh head that makes a big difference on the field.

Not making excuses, just my speculation as to why we went from world cup heroes to a laughing stock.

Yeah Z we didn't prepare as we should have no doubt.  But hopefully we can get a peak at the game because from what i heard we should have won that game.  It's not like we got out played.  We give up two goals and throw away 5 or 6.  What you expect?  With the match summery I think the expectations of beating Bermudas were valid for the players and the coaching staff.   

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2011, 02:04:04 PM »
We must have standards and expectations but we have to put in the work to achieve it. The team will still get support til the end. Either way its all good (1)It would be a great accomplishment for the guys to make it with all the odds against them (2) If we bow out the federation will done. No way Ollie and dem sticking around for another 6 years. (3) Anil Roberts stated any money left over from the campaign/future monies will be directed to development. If we don't install competent people and immediately invest in the U-15, U-17 and U-20 teams, come 2017 we will find ourselves back to the mindless cussing of yet another set of 'shitong' players and coaches.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2011, 03:05:11 PM »
So dahis it now? Scapegoat Pfister because of his age? Ridiculous.

Interviews like this doh help his case!!

1]; } ?>