April 26, 2024, 05:51:50 PM

Author Topic: Ataulla Guerra Thread.  (Read 55310 times)

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ataullah "Bow" Guerra.
« Reply #150 on: June 07, 2014, 09:21:30 AM »
Much ado bout lil bit.....if so much.
Agree with you totally, Palos! My take on Guerra's gesture is that he was merely jesting with Messi as one footballer to another. They both probably had a good chuckle over it. It is rather amusing to hear reactive remarks such as "as an African.....", "he representing the country...", "^^^f**king embarrassing", etc, etc....

Hats off to Guerra for having/displaying a sense of humour!!!!

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
President made own way to Argentina; touched by Guerra’s bow to Messi
« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2014, 02:09:32 PM »
President Carmona made own way to Argentina; touched by Guerra’s bow to Messi
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Trinidad and Tobago President Anthony Carmona, despite being the patron of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA), did not travel with the Ministry of Tourism’s chartered flight to Buenos Aires.

Theron Boodan, the Information Officer for the Office of the President, told Wired868 today that, contrary to reports in this website, Carmona took a commercial trip to Argentina to watch the “Soca Warriors” tackle the host team in an international friendly on June 4. Argentina defeated Trinidad and Tobago 3-0 at the Estadio Monumental in Buenos Aires.

The mix-up occurred because the TTFA sent a shot of Carmona’s arrival in Argentina alongside photos of members of the Government’s chartered flight.

Boodan said that Carmona landed in Buenos Aires at roughly the same time as the Warriors and was photographed at the airport with the Government’s delegation. However, the information officer claimed that the President took a commercial flight to Argentina, specifically because he did not want to displace any supporters.

“When they invited him, he said that, from experience, he knew a lot of people would want to go and about five or six people would be displaced because he would need his security detail,” Boodan told Wired868. “So he told them that he appreciated the gesture; but he made his own arrangements via a commercial flight and even spent four hours in transit in Panama.”

Two members of the Trinidad and Tobago national football technical staff, goalkeeper coach Michael Maurice and therapist Dave Isaac, did not leave Piarco with the “Soca Warriors” as they were told, at the airport, that there was no room for them on-board. There were, according to TTFA press officer Shaun Fuentes, over 100 fans on the flight to Argentina.

Boodan said Carmona would never have allowed his trip to negatively impact upon the team.

“Even if he said he was going on the flight and found out another fan would be displaced,” said Boodan, “he is the type of person who would have said ‘take that person’.”

According to Office of the President, Carmona turned his excursion into an “official trip” by visiting Argentina President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner during his stay. However, the highlight of his time in Buenos Aires was said to be the high profile football match and, in particular, Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Ataullah Guerra’s unusual greeting to Argentina football captain and global superstar Lionel Messi.

“(Carmona) is a passionate football fan,” said Boodan. “His cousin is former Trinidad and Tobago player Selwyn Murren (who was a defender during the country’s 1974 World Cup qualifying campaign)…

“The Excellencies paid an impromptu visit to the players at their hotel, on the evening before the game, to offer words of encouragement. And he said after that he felt it was a touching moment when Ataullah Guerra gave Messi a slight bow and a hug.”

« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 06:09:52 PM by Flex »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: President made own way to Argentina; touched by Guerra’s bow to Messi
« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2014, 08:46:52 PM »
Wha ah tell yuh?!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ataulla Guerra Thread.
« Reply #153 on: July 12, 2015, 12:46:58 PM »
Meet Trinidad and Tobago national midfielder, Ataulla Guerra
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hQ1OaMpG2cc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hQ1OaMpG2cc</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 07, 2016, 09:00:54 AM »
WATCH: Midfielder Ataulla Guerra scores his first goal for Charleston Battery in a 2-1 loss to Glasgow Rangers

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 07, 2016, 10:00:09 PM »
That's a good goal, creative and well executed.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 31, 2016, 08:47:27 PM »
Charleston Battery midfielder Ataulla Guerra named to the United Soccer League Team of the Week (#23). USLsoccer.com said “Guerra was strong in midfield all game, and notched the assist on Maikel Chang’s winner in a 1-0 victory against the Charlotte Independence.”

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 31, 2016, 09:27:58 PM »
Good. Keep it up. You may be in play for the Hex.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 11, 2016, 09:12:26 AM »
WATCH: Ataulla Guerra scores a goal in Charleston Battery’s 2-1 win over Bethlehem Steel. He also provided the assist on the first goal.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Nr_S8Zb4jB4?start=37" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Nr_S8Zb4jB4?start=37</a>

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 11, 2016, 09:23:20 AM »
Keep your head up my youth
Good things will be added

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 11, 2016, 09:22:03 PM »
WATCH: Ataulla Guerra scores a goal in Charleston Battery’s 2-1 win over Bethlehem Steel. He also provided the assist on the first goal.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Nr_S8Zb4jB4?start=37" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Nr_S8Zb4jB4?start=37</a>
too little too late.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 12, 2016, 12:29:29 AM »
the other attacking midfieders playing at a higher level.... i think the spot on the 23 for the back up to molino is between him hector and cummings

who knows what hart will do for the cfu games tho
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ataullah "Bow" Guerra.
« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2017, 10:11:26 AM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2017, 06:23:32 AM »
WATCH: Midfielder Ataulla Guerra scores his first goal of the season in Charleston Battery’s 2-1 loss to Pittsburgh Riverhounds

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tx8Z7M0GNLw?start=1085" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tx8Z7M0GNLw?start=1085</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2017, 07:25:33 AM »
He has all the attributes. Maybe is a mental thing. I really doh know.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 10, 2017, 10:54:09 AM »
He has all the attributes. Maybe is a mental thing. I really doh know.

Then he cannot have all the attributes
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2017, 11:34:58 AM »
He should be selected again and given another shot .... he's far above hyland in terms of skill which includes dribbling, passing and playmaking

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 10, 2017, 12:22:24 PM »
He should be selected again and given another shot .... he's far above hyland in terms of skill which includes dribbling, passing and playmaking

Guerra and Hyland don't perform the same role Contro

He would be in competition with the likes of Molino and Cummings,

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #168 on: April 10, 2017, 12:35:45 PM »
Hyland is the only one out of these three to 'make it.': http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/2665828/bhoys-target-tt-trio
Pretty sure that's why he stay on Contro mind so much.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 12:37:50 PM by Dinner Mints »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #169 on: April 11, 2017, 04:23:48 AM »

Guerra and Hyland don't perform the same role Contro

He would be in competition with the likes of Molino and Cummings,

I'm aware of that Palos but guerra imo can fill that role much better if he was given the opportunity to do so..

Hyland commits too many fouls and loses posssesion too much, he doesn't add anything substantial to the mid imo

I think guerra would defend better than hyland and make our mid a lot more fluid , cohesive ...I don't think he's fully suited to a Molino or Cummings role as he has now matured

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #170 on: April 11, 2017, 04:25:27 AM »
Hyland is the only one out of these three to 'make it.': http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/2665828/bhoys-target-tt-trio
Pretty sure that's why he stay on Contro mind so much.

No, I'm happy for him, he plays well for his club, but he's not a good international..

He has never impressed me in the slightest.. some players are good at club football but not at international ball and vice versa

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 11, 2017, 06:42:57 AM »
Guerra cant even make Joe Public side.

One good game in every 20 is not a baller.

De man does play like he running with a bata.

Get real bra. Yuh picking man because they from ova de hill by you...

« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 06:50:43 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 11, 2017, 10:09:50 AM »
I think guerra would defend better than hyland

We completely disagree on this

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #173 on: April 11, 2017, 12:23:06 PM »

Most would and I wouldn't blame them for thinking that way, because we've never tried him in hylands role...it would be an experiment yes but why not ...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 11, 2017, 03:08:55 PM »

Most would and I wouldn't blame them for thinking that way, because we've never tried him in hylands role...it would be an experiment yes but why not ...

Contro, not even Guerra wants Hyland's role.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 11, 2017, 03:27:02 PM »
Well let's experiment with Guerra in the next friendly. That is if he is chosen.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #176 on: April 12, 2017, 03:23:50 AM »

He wants it more than hyland, I'll say that

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 12, 2017, 04:21:32 AM »

you all have time with this mad brute? it's quite obvious that this man needs psychiatric help pronto. the forum was very much at peace when this wanker took the week off to let our nerves rest.

it's also quite clear that he has not a clue of the modern game by the way he is constantly on hyland who happens to be the best defensive midfielder we had in years......him and kevan George. had it not been for these two we would be getting blown out like we used to when we faced teams the like of Mexico and Costa Rica. so let the jackass bray when he's tired he will eventually stop........hopefully.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #178 on: April 12, 2017, 12:18:04 PM »

you all have time with this mad brute? it's quite obvious that this man needs psychiatric help pronto. the forum was very much at peace when this wanker took the week off to let our nerves rest.

it's also quite clear that he has not a clue of the modern game by the way he is constantly on hyland who happens to be the best defensive midfielder we had in years......him and kevan George. had it not been for these two we would be getting blown out like we used to when we faced teams the like of Mexico and Costa Rica. so let the jackass bray when he's tired he will eventually stop........hopefully.

Boucaud and George are the best defensive mids we have had in years, hyland excels against smaller nations and doesn't show up against bigger nations...he plays well for his club but does not play well for his nation..

That is my personal opinion.. that's not a psychiatric problem, if your mind is not complex enough to comprehend creative solutions or experiment you will deem it as madness..

People with simple minds would think like you do but that's okay, I never took you for a person with an above average iq or could debate a topic logically...

Actually I'll ask you a relevant question, what is the skill set needed to be a defensive mid? What is their role in the formation Tallest is currently employing .....

« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 12:25:40 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #179 on: April 12, 2017, 12:29:16 PM »
Further to this, you have men on here calling for Cyrus to play striker, he plays defense for us nationally.. did you call them mad men?

Make sure to stay consistent pull stones or you will forever be a pull stones ....
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 04:47:54 PM by Controversial »

1]; } ?>