March 28, 2024, 09:26:16 AM

Author Topic: Greg Ranjitsingh Thread  (Read 58638 times)

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Greg Ranjitsingh Thread
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2016, 07:53:16 AM »
I believe he's going to be the starting goalkeeper.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2016, 08:02:38 AM »
For the Guat. game?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2016, 10:47:08 AM »
People livin up to dey handle oui...leh de yute groom nah, oh gosh
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2016, 12:28:01 PM »
Congrats to Greg on his selection. When we win vs Guat., he may get his baptism of fire against the US. But that mere speculation. In due time.

I agree, said this on the other thread..

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2016, 03:50:04 PM »
 I will not start him against Guatemala. When we secure the three points I will start him against The USA.
  The Goalkeeper coach I guess will make the right choice. Best of Luck to the young man

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2016, 04:58:31 PM »
Unless he is head and shoulders above the rest, I would not start him in any of these games.
It is good to have him around the team and training with Maurice and Hart.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2016, 05:09:04 PM »
Unless he is head and shoulders above the rest, I would not start him in any of these games.

:applause: :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2016, 06:38:48 PM »
Taking in his game now against Bethlehem Steel. First half now finished they're up 1-0 he's made a few saves. His distribution looks solid.

If yuh have kodi its on castaways. Or I think its on the usl youtube channel. Second half about to start.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2016, 02:34:52 AM »
I will not start him against Guatemala. When we secure the three points I will start him against The USA.
  The Goalkeeper coach I guess will make the right choice. Best of Luck to the young man

I agree, too risky starting a goalkeeper in his first ever International in such an important world cup qualifier as the next one against Guat

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2016, 03:57:48 AM »
Taking in his game now against Bethlehem Steel. First half now finished they're up 1-0 he's made a few saves. His distribution looks solid.

If yuh have kodi its on castaways. Or I think its on the usl youtube channel. Second half about to start.

Bethlehem Steel. Wow! that is one of the oldest football clubs in the US. They have had various versions, but it started in 1907. Love to see legacy clubs in the mix.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2016, 03:59:48 AM »

I agree, too risky starting a goalkeeper in his first ever International in such an important world cup qualifier as the next one against Guat

That is a no brainer unless something tragic happen to the rest of the keepers.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2016, 04:08:25 AM »
If we beat Guatemala we could bring on G.Ranjitsingh against the USA for half an hour,a friendly before the games would have been good,but that don't look possible.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2016, 04:28:16 AM »
The fact that Coach brought in the mix is a good first step.. After the Guatemala game(hopefully a win), he could get a baptism of fire against the US. And that is left up to the coach.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2016, 10:57:36 AM »
He had a decent game yesterday  only one shaky moment with ball at his feet. Made a good save second half, was impressed with his distribution especially his quick throws to start the play.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2016, 05:22:33 PM »
If we beat Guatemala we could bring on G.Ranjitsingh against the USA for half an hour, a friendly before the games would have been good,but that don't look possible.

Like you have a friendly fete match in mind.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2016, 04:06:34 AM »
If we beat Guatemala we could bring on G.Ranjitsingh against the USA for half an hour, a friendly before the games would have been good,but that don't look possible.

Me know seh Hinglish hard fi unastan,gwan read di post again. ;D

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2016, 06:08:52 AM »

An wah mi ah seh iz .. dat nah mek nuh bloodclaat sens. Mi neva bawn wen mi mooma dey ah market.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 29, 2016, 01:24:33 PM »

An wah mi ah seh iz .. dat nah mek nuh bloodclaat sens. Mi neva bawn wen mi mooma dey ah market.
I note that you are quite adept in the Yardie lingo,bully for you old chap,but I still wish you understood what I wrote.The plain fact is,it's a very simple statement. :)

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2016, 02:51:39 PM »

Agreed!

When we beat Guatemala on Fri and head to the Hex, we'll have enough Friendlies in between to see what he's made of. No need to rush d Brush... Training with the team and building camaraderie is a start..

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 29, 2016, 04:09:42 PM »
Only one fifa window between end of 4th round and start of hex in November. Hope we make the most of the October international break and have at least 2 friendlies.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 29, 2016, 04:12:12 PM »
Only one fifa window between end of 4th round and start of hex in November. Hope we make the most of the October international break and have at least 2 friendlies.

We already have matches scheduled in October but not friendlies. I believe the qualifying round for the Caribeean Cup finals is during this window in October.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2016, 04:36:42 PM »
Clean forgot about this. Problem is you'd want to win these games to qualify for the Gold Cup so that might limit experimentation.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2016, 05:15:19 PM »
Clean forgot about this. Problem is you'd want to win these games to qualify for the Gold Cup so that might limit experimentation.

dais correct! we need to field a capable team for these games because Gold Cup qualification is important

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2016, 07:05:33 PM »

I note that you are quite adept in the Yardie lingo,bully for you old chap,but I still wish you understood what I wrote.The plain fact is,it's a very simple statement. :)

Frico, yuh cyah treat GK substitution in the same or similar manner as replacing other players. Also, although the importance of the US match is presently unknown, it is still a WC qualifier. As such, it merits a professional disposition and approach from minute 1 through the final whistle. Nothing you have stated treats or recognizes the occasion for what it is.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2016, 07:26:04 PM »
good luck kid! trust your time will come as long as you prove you deserve it.

--------------------------------------------->

"Mi neva bawn wen mi mooma dey ah market." :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 12:41:56 PM by Jumbie »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2016, 11:53:44 AM »
asylumseeker,
I fully understand what you are saying,that is why I don't want to see G.Ranjitsingh play while we are still not qualified for the Hex;I don't really see any problem  if we beat Guatemala,surely the last half hour against USA won't hurt,especially if we beat Guatemala.Oh,BTW I like your Yardie proverb,"me neva barn when me mooma a garn market,me hear plenty but neva hear dat one.
Best ah luck to we Warriors!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2016, 05:39:29 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VaX1wERa7wA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VaX1wERa7wA</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2016, 07:09:09 AM »
Ah like how he talk dey. Solid.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2016, 07:31:38 AM »
I think he is more seasonally than the other two goalkeepers because the TT pro league hasn't started yet. He has a good record with his club for the moment. Please look up his club and you can get an understanding why I think so.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2016, 03:27:38 AM »
Ranjitsingh excited at Soca Warriors call-up.
By JELANI BECKLES (Newsday).

NEWLY selected national goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh is excited to be part of the Soca Warriors squad for tomorrow’s crucial 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Guatemala.

Ranjitsingh, born in Canada to a Trinidadian father, has been included in the 24-man squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Guatemala and USA.

Trinidad and Tobago will play Guatemala at the Hasely Crawford Stadium from 7.06 pm tomorrow before travelling to Jacksonville, Florida where they will tackle USA on Tuesday.

A draw against Guatemala tomorrow will earn TT a spot in the final round of qualifying.

Ranjitsingh is looking forward to the experience of representing TT . He said, “it means a lot especially since my father was born here. I am excited to be able to represent his country because it’s really close to my heart and it’s something that my whole family would be proud of.” Ranjitsingh plays for Louisville City FC in the United Soccer League where he was scouted by the national team led by coach Stephen Hart.

“Coach Hart reached out to me a couple months ago saying that he has been watching me and he had some scouts watching me play. I knew if I kept playing at the level I was back at my club that eventually things would fall into place so I am definitely excited to get the call up and looking forward to the games.” The goalkeeper explained that he was fortunate to get a lot of first team action following the suspension of the club’s first choice goalkeeper.

“Our (first team) goalkeeper had a red card and a suspension and I stepped in and did well. The coach decided to keep me in and I have held on to the starting spot since then.” Ranjitsingh is happy the whole squad is now together and said the team is full of quality. “It is good that the whole squad is together here in Trinidad now. All the guys are in from overseas along with the local guys. It has been great to integrate with the guys and build some chemistry and I think the squad is looking good with a lot of quality and I am happy to be part of it.” Midfielder Kevin Molino said the team is going into tomorrow’s contest with an aim to seal a place in the final round of qualifying.

Molino stated, “first and foremost we are not going to take the game lightly. We have a job to finish and we need to go out there and work hard and continue sticking together as a team and build on the last performance.

We need to keep going and fight to the very end.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>