March 28, 2024, 10:58:22 AM

Author Topic: Greg Ranjitsingh Thread  (Read 58646 times)

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
Re: Greg Ranjitsingh Thread
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2017, 06:00:12 AM »
To be fair guys, let's not forget Hart did call him up and left him on the bench for the USA game when we had already qualified for the Hex. He should have started in that game and ah really cyah understand why Hart did that. So it's not much of a difference to Tallest not calling him up at all. Hopefully, the call comes sooner than later.

Jan wouldn't have taken the bench tbh and Hart didn't want to disrupt the team chemistry as Jan has a big say on the team

So it wasn't all Hart on that imo

I could be wrong of course

Well maybe..... just maybe Tallest is of the same view. Deep into the campaign do we really need that risk at this stage?
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2017, 06:29:25 AM »
The main problem is we are too racial in this country are men pushing this player because he has an Indian surname and not his ability.  Cause even before he was starting for his USl side when he was a backup keeper.  Men were screaming for him to be on the national side.  If he is so Good why no MLS club has not snapped him up. Probably if that happens and he starting Game in and Game out for his club then we can call for his inclusion.  But for the record he is not the only Trinidad keeper to play in the USL and yet none of the rest it had any uproar for them to be on the squad.  Put race aside and be consistent

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 23, 2017, 06:35:13 AM »
Just imagine if Richard Goddard had this same support

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 23, 2017, 08:07:35 AM »
The main problem is we are too racial in this country are men pushing this player because he has an Indian surname and not his ability.  Cause even before he was starting for his USl side when he was a backup keeper.  Men were screaming for him to be on the national side.  If he is so Good why no MLS club has not snapped him up. Probably if that happens and he starting Game in and Game out for his club then we can call for his inclusion.  But for the record he is not the only Trinidad keeper to play in the USL and yet none of the rest it had any uproar for them to be on the squad.  Put race aside and be consistent

So you have to be in de MLS to make T&T side?

How mach players we have in de lower leagues in de US, Central America and Europe...

Ah hope Glenn, Ceaser, Guerra, Gomez, Hackshaw, Julius, Moses, George, Britto,Jomal, Plaza, etc, etc he get pick if that de case

De USL better than de Pro League.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 23, 2017, 08:15:59 AM »

Level ass talk. He was a backup that once inserted could not be replaced.  Because of injury he initially lost his place and since returning he picked up right where he left off.  Pro League, team for team not better than USL so if nothing else he's been playing at a higher level regularly and performing superbly long enough that he should have been called.  Only one bring race into this is you.  I could be wrong but I willing to bet most of us arguing for his inclusion look like and identify as black (even if we might have ah lil indian in we blood).  So stop yuh shit!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 23, 2017, 08:16:27 AM »

There are two problems with this statement. It's easier to deal with the last part first. He has started consistently for his club. That club need not be a MLS club. The USL provides a satisfactory standard for national team selection. In addition to starting for his club, he has on more than one occasion had to establish/re-establish himself as the starting GK in the USL (after injury etc.). Not an easy thing to do consistently.

There is clearly something noteworthy about the quality of this GK, other than his race. On more than one occasion we have heard/read firsthand accounts of his exceptional play in games . In the US, no one is going to get that "because he has an Indian surname".

Can he play at a reasonable pro level? Yes.

Is he better than the national team players who compete for his spot? There are only a handful of persons whose opinions I would trust with that and I have not heard them weigh in publicly on the matter.

Is he better than players who have filled in for Marvin or Jan? Without a doubt, he is of better quality than at least one of them.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 23, 2017, 08:23:49 AM »

Level ass talk. He was a backup that once inserted could not be replaced.  Because of injury he initially lost his place and since returning he picked up right where he left off.  Pro League, team for team not better than USL so if nothing else he's been playing at a higher level regularly and performing superbly long enough that he should have been called.  Only one bring race into this is you.  I could be wrong but I willing to bet most of us arguing for his inclusion look like and identify as black (even if we might have ah lil indian in we blood).  So stop yuh shit!

What you said.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #157 on: August 23, 2017, 08:32:41 AM »
Man say we racial, yes. De team done 99.92% black already. But we racial checking for a Indian player of merit. Kicks.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 23, 2017, 08:52:28 AM »
I see that you all miss the point.  If you are begging for a USL players then make the same case for Atullah Guerra.  I have no problem asking for Greg but ask for all based on the same argument you used

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 23, 2017, 08:56:06 AM »
The team is 100% Trinidadian.  Why does ethnicity even matter.  These statement brings race into it. Forget ethnicity and talk that the player merits a position.  When u talking about the percentage makeup that is bringing race.  Plus have you not read the comments above which stated if his hair was not straight he would be selected.  You never call that out as a racist statement but labeling my statement as racist. 

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 23, 2017, 09:00:10 AM »
I see that you all miss the point.  If you are begging for a USL players then make the same case for Atullah Guerra.  I have no problem asking for Greg but ask for all based on the same argument you used

Dan Guerra only now seem to be regaining and displaying his abilities that originally endeared him to us.  Most of us have always liked the player but for a moment he wasn't doing anything meritorious of being selected.  In recent times however he seems to be playing himself back into the conversation which is great.  Who does he instantly replace among the regulars in midfield? George, Boucaud, Hyland, Molino, who exactly?

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 23, 2017, 09:05:28 AM »
The team is 100% Trinidadian.  Why does ethnicity even matter.  These statement brings race into it. Forget ethnicity and talk that the player merits a position.  When u talking about the percentage makeup that is bringing race.  Plus have you not read the comments above which stated if his hair was not straight he would be selected.  You never call that out as a racist statement but labeling my statement as racist. 

Take Sam with a grain of salt eh fella. Now while is tongue in cheek, it does raise a question that we always visit from time to time as to whether any of the other ethnicities that comprise our sweet T&T does get overlooked simply based on race. However with GR what you pointing out is actually counter to your argument as Sam insinuates that he may actually not be getting the attention he deserves because of his race. Not really congruent with your argument that we seek to have him included because of it. The 2 "pongkin vine" related but is a big stretch trying to make them one in the same.  Hard luck dey hoss!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #162 on: August 23, 2017, 09:42:50 AM »
The team is 100% Trinidadian.  Why does ethnicity even matter.
That's an easy platitude for the well-represented to say. But this eh the thread to go in on that.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 23, 2017, 11:33:53 AM »
is that damage control you are emploring after being the only one to seriously invoke race, dude have you watched any of our last 10 games with Marvin or jan in goal? in our last 10 games we had one clean sheet (panama march 25th) and for this campaign alone we have conceded 12 goals thus far which are horrid  stats for any goalkeeping crew coach included.

have you ever wondered why Jan and Marvin has never made it out of trinidad/the pro league for any length of time? I happened to believe that if we had an andre blake a navas or a tim howard we would actually be in contention for a place in the top three. Jan and marvin suffers from serious goal keeping anxiety, very bad on set pieces more so Marvin than jan, another glaringly obvious flaw is the constant incident of them charging off their line at attacking players when they are engaged by a defender instead of allowing the defender to deal with the problem and most of our goals were conceded in that fashion.

the bottom line is these guys are not staters and should only be used in a back up situation. suffice to say that they are incapable of being effective on this level especially marvin slippery fingers phillips. we desperately need a first team capable goalie and we're sick of losing due to goal keeping errors of this magnitute that's why we want greg, not because of his race or nationality but based on his stats and club performance he might be the best man for the job and a much better option.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 11:39:38 AM by pull stones »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 23, 2017, 12:00:03 PM »

Who were our national goalkeepers at the time when Richard was plying his trade in the A-League?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #165 on: August 23, 2017, 04:46:52 PM »
I did query about Greg and David John said he do not interfere with team selection.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 23, 2017, 05:14:17 PM »
I did query about Greg and David John said he do not interfere with team selection.

Haha  :devil:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 23, 2017, 05:20:19 PM »
I would like to see Greg get called up. But with the next four games, unless the two current keepers get injured, I don't see him starting. I know our keepers have deficiencies. Our real problem is the 10 guys in front of them. They not playing well. They not in sync. They play good football for the first 45 mins, and then things fall apart in the second half.  Midfield/forwards play is disjointed. Midfield/defence play is shakey. Until we resolve these issues and can play a full 90 mins of good football, no GK stand a chance to save TT.

We must inquire why the Tallest has not call him up. I think he should be on the squad for the next CFU championship. We also need more friendlies. But as you see how much takalang that does cause. Clubs don't  even want to release players  in the Fifa window. What the TTFA should do  is to ask for an invite to the Winward Island football championship. And only pick the guys who don't play regularly for the national. So guys like Greg, Powder and a couple of fringe players(home and abroad) get to show their abilities.

If football is being blamed for discriminating(which I don't), then TF, hockey, rugby, basketball, netball all should fall into that category. Look, Guyana and Suriname are almost the same as TT and their national teams are just as top heavy with Afros as TT.  The real issue is how to encourage Indo-Trini kids to stay the course in football. They do for cricket. Why not football and the other sports
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 06:18:54 PM by Deeks »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 23, 2017, 07:21:34 PM »
Thank you Deeks. That point about encouraging more Indo kids in Trinidad to play has a lot of truth. People let me ask all yuh a question. Where was GR developed? Canada.. not TT. So what Deeks saying hit it right on the head.

I hope he get a call up sometime in the very near future.. I believe he does have another option. His mother is Guyanese.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #169 on: August 24, 2017, 01:55:00 AM »
The reason Greg is not being selected has nothing to do with ethnicity or the invented race construct that people are brainwashed by, but mostly to do with sabotage and internal team politics

Remember who issued the statement on behalf of the players to the ttfa as to which coaches were on the shortlist for the players.. you guessed it, Jan..

The players support him and Marvin in goal, regardless of their results, we won and drew with them once the dictator was not in the picture

Is Greg better, yes he is, I've seen two of his games, he is our number one choice right now, will he ever get selected, well that's like asking if john will ever play for us?

I love how brainwashed some men does be with this pnm and unc chain up lol men still dunce on divide and conquer politics

The motherland is Africa, the first migrants out of Africa went to India ...understand that and you will understand how European colonialism has rewired your perspective ...

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 01:57:34 AM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #170 on: August 24, 2017, 02:00:13 AM »

Guerra?

There's probably very few men on here that don't want tullah on the team...

You're acting like Greg is the only man from the usl that is wanted on our national team lol

Come on brother

You also do realize that once he becomes a national he will then have Mls and other higher leagues looking at him which may trigger a move to a bigger league and club

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 24, 2017, 04:45:22 AM »
Interesting discussion

I have seen Ramjitsingh play once and i have seen him in training live once.  He seems a very competent keeper.  Very good on crosses and pretty decent positionally.

I agree that he should at least be in our national set up as a worse case scenario 3rd string keeper, even tho i think he is better than Marvin.

Jan is still our undisputed number one keeper! He commands the respect of the rest of the team and he is one of the leaders in the squad. 

I asked a member of the technical staff about Greg and i was told that Hart liked him alot, but he wasnt good enough to risk the possible impact on team chemistry, especially the defensive team chemisrty. 

However Jan and Marvin are both around 32.  So i expect this to be their last campaign.  Hopefully, the technical staff will see Greg's value sooner rather than later and start integrating him into the national team so that we wont have the chemistry issues by the time the next campaign rolls around.

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 24, 2017, 05:41:57 AM »

Biggest joke for de year ...

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Good post Andre

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 24, 2017, 08:35:06 AM »
But Richard Goddard did play for the national team

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ranjitsingh’s organization keeps pressure off in goal
« Reply #174 on: September 06, 2017, 03:12:58 PM »
Ranjitsingh’s organization keeps pressure off in goal
By Dan Karell (louisvillecityfc.com)

One of Louisville City FC’s most important players gets only a few touches of the ball per game — and that’s how the club prefers it.

Goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh has consistently led and organized one of the United Soccer League’s best defense, with LouCity’s 1-0 win Saturday over the Charleston Battery his sixth clean sheet — fifth in the Eastern Conference.

“I think with our team, defensively we’re really strong, not only in our back four but in front of them,” Ranjitsingh said. “We work really hard, and we really limit the opposition’s chances. I think for us, the goalkeeper on our team, it’s going to come down to maybe one moment in the game or two moments in the game where you have to come up big and make the save, and that’s how it’s been because the rest of the game, they’re going to shut it down for you and keep it clean.”

Ranjitsingh only had to make two saves against the Battery, and they were both game-saving stops.

The first came in the 11th minute, when Charleston’s Maikel Chang fired a strike across goal from the right side of the box. Ranjitsingh quickly reacted to the blast and palmed the shot just over the far post.

The keeper’s second save came five minutes later as Heviel Cordoves tried his luck from outside of the box, and Ranjitsingh was up to the task.

For goalkeepers though, the stats don’t tell the whole story. There’s no stat to track how Ranjitsingh organizes the defense in front of him, making sure they are positioned in the right places to cut out passes and prevent shots.

Consider that, for instance, Ranjitsingh has faced 42 shots in 14 games played. FC Cincinnati’s Mitch Hildebrandt has faced a stunning 116 shots in 25 games, good for more than 4.6 shots on-target per game. Hildebrandt has saved nearly 70 percent of those, but the defense in front of him keeps one of the USL’s other top keepers busy.

Organizing the defense, and the team in front of a goalkeeper, is a skill that requires intense focus and constant communication.

“I think it’s all mental,” Ranjitsingh said. “With goalkeeping, everything is all about mentality and confidence.”

What the statistics do say is that Ranjitsingh is one of the best at his position. It’s why he earned a call last year to the Trinidad and Tobago National Team.

He’s saved two-thirds of the shots he’s faced, made 13 catches, seven punches and 19 clearances. Those are better numbers than Hildebrandt and Orlando City B’s Earl Edwards Jr. They’re similar numbers to Charlotte Independence’s Cody Mizell and Toronto FC II’s Angelo Cavalluzzo.

Having a capable second goalkeeper in Tim Dobrowolski has kept Ranjitsingh on his toes in training. Added are Ranjitsingh’s intangibles: setting up a wall for a free kick or making game-saving stops. Having moved past an injury in the season opener, Ranjitsingh’s living up to the hype in 2017.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #175 on: September 06, 2017, 03:14:39 PM »
Now that we eliminated from the 2018 WC, you guys feel Greg might finally get the call?

:devil:

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 06, 2017, 03:50:47 PM »
Now that we eliminated from the 2018 WC, you guys feel Greg might finally get the call?

Perhaps "the one that doesn't interfere with team selection" can answer that  ;)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #177 on: September 06, 2017, 06:06:06 PM »

Perhaps "the one that doesn't interfere with team selection" can answer that  ;)

:rotfl:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 06, 2017, 07:35:44 PM »

He should. Even if he doesn't play, he can start getting familiar with the team.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:46:34 PM by soccerman »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 07, 2017, 01:33:56 AM »
did you know the main the reasons for our crashing out the hex is because of our goal keepers and their silly errors? maybe someone should keep an eye on those guys for fear of rigging games because I can't believe experienced keepers making such woeful mistakes in very important matches. all two goals on friday were as a direct result of positioning, if jan had stayed on his line his chances of saving the first goal would have been 80% but instead he stood at the top of the six yard box and conceded, but he he been on his Line he could have pushed it over for a corner. same with the second goal very bad positioning giving himself no chance to save the shot.

last night Marvin did the same rubbish. Panama went on the offensive with a one on one situation Gonzales is beaten for pace and instead of him fouling taurez he runs along side him not even putting a body on him then if that was t bad enough the next idiot ( Kevan george) rushed out and got beaten instead of fouling torez, then the third idiot mr Marvin Phillip instead of staying on his line and leaving the defender the space to deal with the attacker he too came out to the edge of the box and collides with his defender real text book errors. I think it's time for a new goal keeper. come on Dennis wake up, how much more you have to see if these guys to know that they aint ready for this level? isnt it strange that these two keepers never made it outside of TT, you want to know why? because they never impressed and that's why they bounce around the local league from connection to central FC to north east star........they never impressed no clubs outside of the pro league. just wait and see jan would be back home before you know it. co e on Dennis give Greg a chance please.

1]; } ?>