March 28, 2024, 03:37:34 AM

Author Topic: Greg Ranjitsingh Thread  (Read 58626 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: Greg Ranjitsingh Thread
« Reply #180 on: September 07, 2017, 08:18:03 AM »
I hope if they call him he flat out f**kin refuses!  Then of course many of the same assholes on here who thought it wasnt a good idea for varying reasons to bring him in will cuss him stink. I pray when they call him he say f**k allyuh, I change meh mind!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 07, 2017, 01:46:27 PM »
I hope if they call him he flat out f**kin refuses!  Then of course many of the same assholes on here who thought it wasnt a good idea for varying reasons to bring him in will cuss him stink. I pray when they call him he say f**k allyuh, I change meh mind!

I agree !!!!

I hope he say no, Bostock smell de coffee early.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 11, 2017, 10:00:47 AM »
Don't look now naysayers because GR just had another clean sheet yet again! Cah believe man didn't want this yute to get in the game fuh we smh! No disrespect to JMW but he have no competition and therefore no incentive to try to be better. But is so we like it anyway so  :banginghead:

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 11, 2017, 12:30:28 PM »
Small mind ..bad mind .. retarted mind...do I need to go on
If you intend to build for the next cup...the future begins now,give potential a chance because talent is like an improper fraction...it's all in thier heads not on the field
So Jan Marvin and company ...need to  move over  there is a new sheriff in town

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 11, 2017, 01:51:55 PM »
When I look at so many of our players, so many look like they got some Indo blood in them, and when I see so many Indian they look more Afro than Indo.I will be surprised if race comes into selecting our team.In another 25 years there'll be so many more Douglaz nobody will need to complain.I hope you people especially Indos and Afros keep the mixture going so in years to come race wont matter.
Tell Sat I say so!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ranjitsingh’s key saves keeps LouCity on top
« Reply #185 on: September 25, 2017, 01:41:25 PM »
Ranjitsingh’s key saves keeps LouCity on top
By Tate McGarvey (louisvillecityfc.com)

After a slow start to Sunday’s match, goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh earned his keep as Ottawa Fury recorded 15 total shots, 7 of which came late in the second half.

Ranjitsingh added to his 35 total saves on the year – some of which held Fury FC from taking three points from the boys in purple.

“I thought he made a couple of important saves for us,” said coach James O’Conor on his starting keeper. “I think there was one definitely that I thought was a big save.”

The Mercer University graduate added another save when Ottawa’s Sito Seoane nearly tied the match with a left-footed strike outside the box, but Ranjitsingh’s diving stop held the hosts in check.

Ranjitsingh, who left the season opener against Saint Louis FC with a hip flexor injury, has since come on to help his club record 7 of its 11 clean sheets.

“Again, with the goalkeepers that we have, we have tremendous belief in Greg and Tim (Dobrowolski) and Micah (Bledsoe) that have taken on underneath him,” added coach O’Connor. “So for us, it’s an area that we feel very fortunate to have such good goalkeepers and again, Greg is someone that we have tremendous belief in.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 25, 2017, 07:44:32 PM »
How can get this info to DL?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 26, 2017, 08:27:57 AM »
send a bluenote to DJW or 1/3 Ranji salary, sure pick   ;D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 08:29:40 AM by maxg »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 26, 2017, 07:48:39 PM »
send a bluenote to DJW or 1/3 Ranji salary, sure pick   ;D
Dem men really open for business :D

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #189 on: September 27, 2017, 07:38:52 PM »
Well he's in the 23 roster for Mexico

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2017, 08:28:53 PM »
Well he's in the 23 roster for Mexico
Ah send de blue note

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 04, 2017, 09:30:34 PM »
Greg Ranjitsingh's two stellar saves in the Eastern Conference Final shootout earns the keeper Man of the Match honors! Louisville City defeats New York Red Bulls II 4-3 on penalty kicks after a 1-1 draw through extra-time.

WATCH: Greg Ranjitsingh saves two penalties to earn Louisville City a 4-3 win on penalty kicks over New York Red Bulls II after a 1-1 draw in regulation time. Louisville City FC are now the Eastern Conference Champions and will meet Swope Park Rangers for the USL Championship on November 13th
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hZCIZBK-_4g?start=60" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hZCIZBK-_4g?start=60</a>
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 10:19:32 PM by Tallman »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 04, 2017, 11:50:11 PM »
"November 13th"
USL championships vs likely bench in a practice game against ammm..Messi, Ronaldo, Chelski, England...Grenada..maybe next trip,T&T
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 11:54:06 PM by maxg »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ranjitsingh earns penalty shootout redemption for Louisville City
« Reply #193 on: November 06, 2017, 01:38:11 PM »
Ranjitsingh earns penalty shootout redemption for Louisville City
By Nicholas Murray (USLsoccer.com)

A year ago, Louisville City FC goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh had to watch from the sidelines as his side entered a penalty shootout against the New York Red Bulls II with the Eastern Conference Championship on the line, a pulled groin aggravated early in the second half denying him the chance to make a difference for his side.

On Saturday night, with the two teams facing the exact same situation after finishing level 1-1 after 120 minutes of action in front of 10,047 fans at Slugger Field, Ranjitsingh was on the line, ready to make a difference.

“I wasn’t nervous at all,” said Ranjitsingh. “When it comes to penalties for a goalkeeper, you can only be the hero, you can never be the villain, so for me, I went in there like, ‘I’m going help my team out, save one if I can, save two if I can,’ and I made a couple of saves and helped the team win.”

Ranjitsingh’s pair of saves, the second on New York’s Ethan Kutler to open the fifth round reminiscent of the save made by Red Bulls II goalkeeper Ryan Meara a season ago on Louisville’s Ben Newnam, proved enough as Louisville earned its first trip to the USL Cup in the most dramatic fashion possible.

“It was an incredible, absolutely phenomenal game,” said Louisville Head Coach James O’Connor. “I’m just really proud of all the players, the owners, the supporters. It’s a really, really special night for us.”

With the second-highest attendance of the season on hand, things couldn’t have started out better for Louisville as they looked to turn their third consecutive trip to the Eastern Conference Final into the club’s first league silverware. In the 12th minute, Brian Ownby’s pirouetting shot from the top of the penalty area bent into the left corner of the net, sending the massive crowd into an early celebration.

“Luke [Spencer] did all the dirty work for me, won it twice,” said Ownby. “Somehow it just bounced around, I just swung at it and caught enough spin to sneak right in the corner. It was definitely a great feeling to score early.”

Louisville could have added to its lead as the Red Bulls II looked out of sorts in the opening half-hour, with Paolo DelPiccolo’s shot flashing wide of the right post in the 23rd minute. With the hosts unable to take their chances, though, there was always the danger New York could find a way back into the game, and just before the hour-mark the equalizer by Junior Flemmings started to cause some nerves.

Ownby’s third goal of the postseason was part of a strong all-around display by the winger upon his reintroduction to the starting lineup, and he appeared to have a strong claim for a penalty kick after bursting into the penalty area in the 74th minute, only for the pleas to be waved away by referee Sorin Stoica.

Instead, in extra time, it was Ranjitsingh who emerged as Louisville’s hero as a top-level save to deny Ethan Kutler’s fierce free kick from the top of the penalty area kept the game level. Then, with the game set to be determined from the penalty spot, the Trinidad & Tobago goalkeeper came through for the biggest win so far in club history, and set off a celebration that saw most of the fans who had been in the stands join the team on the field.

“It’s awesome,” said Ranjitsingh. “You had 10,000 fans rush the field when we’re hoisting that trophy up. The support is unreal, the city has just been so supportive of us from the beginning, since ’15, you can see that soccer has been growing in the city every year, attendance is rising, and mid-November to have 10,000 people in the cold watching the game, it’s a credit to the city for showing their support.”

Ranjitsingh even got caught up the celebration with the fans – “I think five Coopers jumped me a threw me up in the air, I had no control over that one,” he said. “That was my first time crowdsurfing.”

With one game left in the season, and the Western Conference champion Swope Park Rangers set to visit, the knowledge that the side’s work isn’t yet done was still at the back of most minds.

“This is special,” said Ranjitsingh. “Third time’s a charm, we were able to lock this up and now we’ve got Monday to look forward to.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 06, 2017, 02:09:22 PM »
WATCH: Post-match interview with Louisville City FC goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh after his two penalty saves earned his team a win over New York Red Bulls II and a place in the 2017 USL Cup Final.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/L-FXuHk-L50" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/L-FXuHk-L50</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 06, 2017, 11:01:04 PM »
Ranjitsingh declines Trinidad and Tobago call-up in favor of remaining with Louisville City FC for the USL Cup Final.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

what is so funny about that? I think he made the right decision. It is a championship final. He is their number one keeper, right? Remember he makes a living with the club.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2017, 12:48:39 PM »
Exactly
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 07, 2017, 01:32:08 PM »
I do hope he spoke to Dennis about his decision. I also hope that Dennis understands. Dennis himself has played in the lower division cup final in England. So he should understand.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2017, 01:36:49 PM »
Seems like he made the right decision to me.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2017, 02:18:13 PM »
I do hope he spoke to Dennis about his decision. I also hope that Dennis understands. Dennis himself has played in the lower division cup final in England. So he should understand.
There is nothing to understand. Stevie Wonder could see he will get a better workout, game and more prestige, besides putting TT on the paid foreign opportunities map. Not even further thought necessary, except if we getting it live on TV.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2017, 10:31:49 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/sports/2017-11-07/molino-garcia-hopes-high-tt

Published:
Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Trinidad and Tobago’s goalkeeper Marvin Phillip, left, makes a return to the national line up.
Minnesota United FC midfielder Kevin Molino, and Levi Garcia, who plays for Eredivisie club AZ Alkmaar have expressed high hopes ahead of this country’s two international friendly matches against Grenada and Guyana on the 11th and 14th of this month at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

Both players at a training session at the Hasely Crawford Stadium yesterday said they were happy to be part of coach Dennis Lawrence’s team that will attempt to conquer Caribbean football once again before it focuses on the Concacaf and FIFA World Cup.

Apart from their confidence, the players were also anticipating the emergence of young players in the upcoming international friendlies. ‘It’s an opportunity for the young players” Molino said, but Garcia who has just returned to full fitness, said he just wants to be back in the country’s starting eleven, staring with the two coming matches.

Both were joined by Point Fortin Civic FC goalkeeper Marvin Phillip, among other seniors in the squad. “It is a good mood in the camp everyone is jolly and we just want to go out there, work hard and finish the year off on a high,” Phillip said.

The trio also alluded to the match ups being instrumental in the players’ continued growth. The country will usher in a new era of football this week as it looks to re-establishing its long-relinquished claim as the powerhouse of the Caribbean. Beyond that, T&T will look toward qualifying for the Digicel Caribbean Cup and the CONCACAF Gold Cup.

Phillip’s recall is due to the unavailability of USA based Gregory Ranjitsingh who was originally selected for the encounters but is now excused due to his club’s qualification for the United Soccer League Cup Finals.

In congratulating Ranjitsingh, coach Dennis Lawrence said, “We had this discussion with Greg when he was selected for the friendlies regarding his team’s end of season expectations, so we were prepared to make adjustments. We are all professionals and I am not going to prevent a player from such an opportunity at this stage.”

Shahdon Winchester, the Murcielagos FC striker in Mexico will also be unavailable for the Grenada match due to his club’s crucial clash with Atlante on Saturday. Tickets for the matches went on sale yesterday at all NLCB outlets at $100.00 for covered stands and $50.00 for uncovered. Children under 12 years enter free. Football fans have also been given the option to see both matches with the purchase of one ticket.

Well folks, there it is. I guessed right.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:33:26 PM by Deeks »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 08, 2017, 12:50:57 PM »
fifa should create a mandate where on international breaks there should be no football related activities other than competitive or friendly international games. all these cup and conferences games in the usa should all be outside fifa dates.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #204 on: November 19, 2017, 05:45:59 AM »
Greg’s gameday ritual is conversations with God.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Recent national team call up Greg Ranjitsingh pulled off another solid performance in the USL Cup Final as his Louisville City defeated Swope Park Rangers 1-0 on Monday night.

Ranjitsingh saved two penalties in his team’s win over New York Red Bulls II the previous weekend to book their place in the USL Cup final.

The custodian, who missed out on T&T’s two friendlies with Guyana and Grenada after being initially selected, spoke about his work with club psychologist Kevin Chapman.

He spoke of cues that his teammates had developed for gameday, saying his was having internal “conversations with God” during the national anthem, as well as the feeling he gets while in the tunnel before the teams walk out.

“Nowadays when I go into games, I don’t have nerves at all because I’m always super happy,” he said. “Before games, I’m buzzing. (O’Connor) will tell us, ‘No one will die on that pitch tonight. Nothing bad is going to happen. Play like you’re a kid on the front lawn, 8 years old without a worry.’”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 08, 2018, 04:25:23 PM »
WATCH: The Best of Greg Ranjitsingh (2017)

2017 was a big year for Greg Ranjitsingh as he helped Louisville City FC claim the USL Cup. Ranjitsingh was a brick wall in goal for Louisville as he recorded 11 clean sheets and a 69.6 save percentage.

Ranjitsingh really excelled in the USL Cup Playoffs where he was a vital part of Louisville’s run to the USL Cup, most notably in a stunning performance in the Eastern Conference Final against the New York Red Bulls II. The 24-year-old claimed the Fan’s Choice Save of the Playoffs for his stunning save in extra time and then went on to make two decisive saves in the penalty shootout to send Louisville past the defending champions. Here's a look at some of Ranjitsingh’s best moments from 2017.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HDyUhDwsQzk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HDyUhDwsQzk</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 08, 2018, 05:49:53 PM »
Hope Lawrence call him up for the Martinique and Quadeloupe tour.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 07, 2018, 08:48:14 PM »
Greg Ranjitsingh is yet to concede a goal this season. Three games played, three clean sheets.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 08, 2018, 12:58:46 AM »
When on god’s green earth would the coaching staff of the nation team cap this player? Steven hart missed it now it looks like Lawrence is still procrastinating about capping this guy, why don’t they cap him before Canada grabs him up?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 08, 2018, 05:56:42 AM »
This game falls outside of the FIFA window. So his club is not obligated. But I do know if he was an American with the potential, they would have found a way to cap him. There may be forces in the current coaching who don’t want him for whatever reason. Or maybe he is holding out to get a call up by Canada. He is probably having 2nd thoughts. Like John Bostock.

1]; } ?>