April 17, 2024, 07:31:08 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T U-23 vs Mexico U-23 Game (03-23-2012).  (Read 43807 times)

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Pick your line up for the olympic squad
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2012, 09:00:02 PM »
                                                        Marchan
Bateau                                   Cyrus                   Gonzalez                               Jones

Mikeil Williams               Jomal Williams

Cato                                                 Molino                                          De Silva

J.Gay

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pick your line up for the olympic squad
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2012, 09:03:23 PM »
marchan

bateau       cryus    willams     jones

george    jomal

lewis               molino          de silva

gay
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Hebaldo

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 09:08:52 PM »
I feel lewis should start on that right wing, he's been performing extremely well and his chemistry with molino is serious

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T U-23 vs Mexico U-23 Game (03-23-2012).
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 09:21:45 PM »
lets go tnt

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 09:23:07 PM »
anyone....

from this 20 man squad... how much players from the U17 world cup squad  ???
and also ...how much from the u20 world cup squad ??

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 09:25:23 PM »
1st game vs Mexico:
Marchan
Jones
Cyrus
Williams
Bateau
Cato
George
Molino
Jeromie
Lewis
Gay

last 2 games:
Marchan
Jones
Cyrus
Williams
Bateau
De Silva
George
Molino
Cato
Gay
Lewis

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2012, 09:30:05 PM »
if we make it to the semis, matches streaming in HD on universal sports.

http://www.universalsports.com/soccer/events/event=US0100856/viewers-guide/index.html

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2012, 09:41:20 PM »
Has anyone ever seen George play ? Or is it word of mouth

Offline Hebaldo

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2012, 09:52:41 PM »
Haha I was wondering the same thing, I saw him train once but I'm excited to see how good he really is in this competition

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2012, 03:53:23 AM »
Eve apparently is very impressed with him..According to people he has alot of Quality.. sort of like when Jake Thompson came in and you could see the higher level

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2012, 07:47:06 AM »
Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness.  When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it — George Santayana.

You have played well enough to make it to the elite group of 8. Every team in this tournament has a great chance of winning, you are no different. Your journey has just begun. Every team in your group and probably in the entire tournament knows you have a history of starting slowly. If you come out of the starting blocks like you don't know your own history you will be trailing by 3 — 0 at the end of the half of all of your games in your group. I hear you talking but talk is cheap.

0 wins — 3 loses = You are going home
3 draws — 0 wins = You are going home
2 wins — 1 draw = Change & You are moving on to the next rounds
3 wins — 0 loses = Progress & You have changed history
Be one of the last two teams standing and you have become history. It's a very tall order but it can be done.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Hebaldo

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2012, 07:50:50 AM »
Well I guess we'll have to see but to be quite honest although I am excited to see how he does, I don't think that he has the quality that Leston Paul does in that same given position and it's unfortunate that he's injured right now

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2012, 10:30:25 AM »
We said King DEES - Well said. They have been around for some time and they have been exposed to bigger teams in the PanAmerican Tournament. So it is a question of belief. You have to believe for the miracle to happen. Blood , sweat and  Passion and they can Qualify. They need that swagger like Viv Richards- Ato Boldon_ Hasley Crawford- Brian lara and Russel Latapy. - Nobody could beat we attitude. It is all in the mind

Offline Hebaldo

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2012, 03:18:38 PM »
We said King DEES - Well said. They have been around for some time and they have been exposed to bigger teams in the PanAmerican Tournament. So it is a question of belief. You have to believe for the miracle to happen. Blood , sweat and  Passion and they can Qualify. They need that swagger like Viv Richards- Ato Boldon_ Hasley Crawford- Brian lara and Russel Latapy. - Nobody could beat we attitude. It is all in the mind

I agree about the attitude aspect of it, I feel if we go in with the right mind set then we could definately cause some havok but it has a lot to do with the personnel too and I feeling good about this squad. Big up to DeSilva

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2012, 05:12:14 PM »
Level fackin licks as usual. when would you ppl learn that trinibago eh ready fuh the rest of the hard working ded serious competent world.

ps: in todays world of sports, talent is just half the ingredients needed to ensure success. hope these old boys finally learn.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:15:17 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Hebaldo

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2012, 05:28:42 PM »
hahaha well we'll just have to wait and see. I is a man of faith

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2012, 06:26:54 PM »
Pan Am champs lead Mexico U-23s
By Joseph D'Hippolito (CONCACAF.com)

Eight members of Mexico's team that won last year's Pan American Games lead the 20-man roster that will represent El Tri in the CONCACAF Olympic qualifying tournament.

Six of those gold-medal winners are defenders: Nelson Araujo, Darvin Chavez, Hiram Mier, Diego Reyes, Hugo Rodriguez and Sacramento-born Miguel Ponce.

The other two are midfielders: Javier Aquino and forward Jeronimo Amione, who scored the only goal in the 1-0 triumph over Argentina that gave Mexico the gold mdeal.

Joining them are Guadalajara's two offensive sensations, Erick "El Cubo" Torres and Marco Fabian, and two members of UANL Tigres' team that won the Apertura 2011 championship, defender Israel Jimenez and forward Alan Pulido.

Also included among coach Luis Fernando Tena's selections are midfielder Nelson Calderon and goalkeeper Liborio Sanchez. Calderon won two league championships with Toluca and was named the best rookie for the 2008 Apertura season. Sanchez made the roster for Guadalajara's team that finished second in the 2010 Copa Libertadores.

"They're very conscientious, very intelligent players," Tena said. "They understand what it takes to be here, in a tournament like this. They understand what it means to wear the national jersey."

Tena also said that his roster reflects his tactical philosophy: "to possess the ball as much as possible with fast distribution, and to attack with lots of people without losing shape in the back."

Amione said he welcomes the pressure that comes with being one of the sides favored to claim one of two berths from CONCACAF for the 2012 London Olympics.

"It's really a good thing," Amione said. "It's important because it gives us confidence. All we have to do is know how to play each game at 100 percent. Step by step, we'll earn a berth."

Mexico U-23 Roster

GOALKEEPERS: Liborio Sanchez (Queretaro), Antonio Rodriguez (Veracruz), Hugo Gonzalez (Club America).

DEFENDERS: Israel Jimenez (UANL Tigres), Hiram Mier (Monterrey), Nestor Araujo (Cruz Azul), Hugo Rodriguez (Atlas), Diego Reyes (Club America), Darvin Chavez (Monterrey), Miguel Ponce (Guadalajara).

MIDFIELDERS: Jorge Enriquez (Guadalajara), David Cabrera (UNAM Pumas), Hector Herrera (Pachuca), Javier Cortes (UNAM Pumas), Javier Aquino (Cruz Azul), Nestor Calderon (Toluca), Marco Fabian (Guadalajara).

FORWARDS: Jeronimo Amione (Atlante), Alan Pulido (UANL Tigres), Erick Torres (Guadalajara).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 06:32:07 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2012, 10:06:31 PM »
JC... what was your vibes when they were trying to Qualify for U 17 WC and U20 WC  ??  hope its the same vibe you had..I taking dat

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2012, 02:04:54 AM »
NOTE - W Connection left back Joevin Jones is unavailable for this first game due to a double yellow card suspension.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2012, 10:17:39 AM »
As much as I love to see a fellow Caribbean team to win, I am sorry to say it's not going to happen guys..Mexico team is made up of world champion players and Pan-American game champion players. From what I understand the team is made up totally of the last U17 world champion and of the U-21 Panam champions...It will be a monumental task for T&T to beat Mexico..

I hope and I'll be happy if T&T proves me wrong

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2012, 11:35:51 AM »
As much as I love to see a fellow Caribbean team to win, I am sorry to say it's not going to happen guys..Mexico team is made up of world champion players and Pan-American game champion players. From what I understand the team is made up totally of the last U17 world champion and of the U-21 Panam champions...It will be a monumental task for T&T to beat Mexico..

I hope and I'll be happy if T&T proves me wrong

I know you're just trying to be realistic, but there is no need to doubt that this side will play a great brand of football and make all the Caribbean proud. This group of young men is arguably one of the most successful Caribbean teams in history. They have held their own in FIFA competition against big youth sides like like Italy, Uruguay, Paraguay, Ecuador, and the core of this same Mexico team (the last three games I mentioned were all draws at the most recent Pan Am games with a relatively unprepared T&T side, due to circumstances). This may be one hell of a Mexico side, but I have absolute confidence that our team will pull out a result.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2012, 01:03:17 PM »
If you guys can re-discover the form you showed in the Pan-am games, you will have a real shot at qualifying. Result vs Mexico will set the tone. good luck.

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2012, 02:25:05 PM »
Good luck boys (men) win lose or draw just play with heart and give it all yuh best. FULL SUPPORT

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2012, 04:58:09 PM »
On a side note, the U.S. U-23 just crush Cuba 6-0.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2012, 05:24:32 PM »
Huge task....... good luck young warriors make tnt proud

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2012, 05:55:16 PM »
JC... what was your vibes when they were trying to Qualify for U 17 WC and U20 WC  ??  hope its the same vibe you had..I taking dat
You acting like yuh eh know me by now.  i eh getting tie up wid all the hype nah boss, yes i would like us to win, but pedigree and fine tuning does always beat out hope and well wishing, and we trinis like to do a lot of hoping and praying.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2012, 05:59:50 PM »
The fellas and dem confident , and we will work hard ....expect to see a hard fought organised game from our young warriors. Give De Silva d rock!!!!!!!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2012, 07:14:02 PM »
Good luck T&T and keep dem boys focused Angus. You've been doing a great job as a passionate leader with a good eye for talent and guts.
Hol' it dong Marchan, Bateau, Molino, Gay and crew.
This team has tremendous potential and it is still like David fighting Goliath
T&T be at your best and keep it together.

Go T&T ..... win, lose or draw.
Remember there is more than 1 game and we are playing after Panama & Honduras so we go see what they are up to.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2012, 07:46:43 PM »
so we have to wait until 11:30 to watch dis game on concacaf tv? So dem boys really playing at 11:30 at night? I thought this was live feed?
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>