April 25, 2024, 10:55:37 AM

Author Topic: De latest Bobol and Bacchanal in T&T track and field  (Read 5176 times)

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
De latest Bobol and Bacchanal in T&T track and field
« on: February 29, 2012, 01:06:40 AM »
http://www.trackalerts.com/index.php/news/latest-stories/6500-tat-federation-worry-stadium-will-not-be-ready-for-carifta-trials

T&T federation worry stadium will not be ready for Carifta Trials

By Clayton Clarke, tobtrackmed@gmail.com |
    Wednesday, 29 February 2012 01:29

Print
    Email

Your Ad Here

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad - NAAA Secretary Allan Baboolal is wary that the Hasely Crawford Stadium may not be ready in time for this weekend's Carifta trials.Ads

>

In an interview, on a local radio station on the weekend, Baboolal said he is not sure what will happen this weekend, March 3.

He the NAAA had asked to have access to the facility at least two days ahead of the two-day meet.

"We indicated to the stadium authorities that we would need a day to two to put everything in place for the first day of competition of March 3. We are still awaiting confirmation...," he said.

The stadium has been closed from sporting activities for the last month for the hosting of Carnival events.

When will someone finally put their foot down and demand some accountability with this nonsense. :frustrated:

http://www.trackalerts.com/index.php/news/latest-stories/6495-naaa-and-the-media

NAAA and the media!!

By Anthony Foster, anthonyfos@gmail.com |
    Tuesday, 28 February 2012 13:20

Print
    Email

Your Ad Here

The recent news coming out of Trinidad & Tobago where police raided the offices of the Newsday newspapers motivated me to write this article. And again, it has to do with an organization in the same country, the National Association of Athletics Administrations of Trinidad and Tobago (NAAA).Ads

>

In 2011, yours truly had encountered a problem with the NAAA, or maybe I should say its public relations officer, Trevor James. But then again, he is the face of the association. James removed TrackAlerts.Com, the only Caribbean track & field website, from the association mailing list because of, according to him, Clayton Clarke's "behaviour".

I responded to James by saying Clarke is not employed by TrackAlerts.Com, but is merely promoting the sport, NOT only in Trinidad & Tobago, but the entire Eastern Caribbean. James is of the opinion that Clayton is "doing his (James') job" by sending emails, informing people (media and track and field fraternity) about teams travels, providing bios and interviews with athletes, schedules of track meets and reminders. I found Mr. James' action rude and unprofessional and told him that I would write to the Minister for Sports in his country, as well as NACAC, IAAF, the Caribbean Media Association and the Journalist body, along with the International Sports Journalists Association (AIPS). After that, Mr. James re-added TrackAlerts.Com's email to his mailing list.

But again, later in 2011, our email was again removed as we have not gotten anything from the NAAA in almost a year ... This is in my opinion, another way of an association trying to dictate to the media.

While I am not saying it is the right of this website to be included on the association's mailing list, the stance taken by James, if it was made alone, is disrespectful and lack professionalism. It also goes to show that persons who hold public office deal with the business of the public as if it's their own. In this case, James and the association he represents are answerable to the people of Trinidad & Tobago and this will be the case as long as he holds such office. So, whether or not his decision to remove us from his mailing list is personal, or is an association's decision, it is cowardly and narrow- minded. The people of Trinidad & Tobago who cannot get the news, are the ones to suffer.

Finally, I would say to James and the NAAA, your association CANNOT, and I repeat CANNOT do without the media.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: De latest Bobol and Bacchanal in T&T track and field
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 01:09:27 AM »
Hmmmmmmmm.....that is all I will say for now :bs:

http://www.trackalerts.com/index.php/news/latest-stories/6496-tat-world-champs-athlete-tested-positive-at-national-champs

T&T World Champs athlete tested positive at National champs

TrackAlerts.Com Staff |
    Tuesday, 28 February 2012 16:52

PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad - A member of Trinidad & Tobago's team to last year's IAAF World Outdoor Championships in Daegu, South Korea, has been linked to a positive test according to a well-placed TrackAlerts.Com source.Ads

>

Information reaching this website is that the test was carried out at last year's Sagicor-NAAA Open Championships (Trials), held August 13-14, but that could not prevent the athlete from competing in Korea because of the time frame between both events.

However, according to our information, while the country's lone medal at the World Championships will not be affected, the twin island republic is likely to suffer in other areas.

Based on the nature of the situation, TrackAlerts.Com will decline from mentioning the name of the athlete just yet. However, our sources revealed that a public warning could be the likely end result for the stimulant found in the athlete's urine sample.

TT's local track and field governing body (NAAA) head Ephraime Serrette did not confirm or deny that there was a positive test, when contacted by TrackAlerts.com. "I don't want to comment on that situation in order to protect the athlete," he said.

Serrette said a process is underway and as soon as it is finished, the association will make a statement.

The last T&T athlete to be banned was quartermiler Ato Stephens - born Ato Modibo - who failed a drugs test at an international competition in May 2009, when he tested positive for Oxandrolone, Stanozolol and Tamoxifen. He is banned by the IAAF from competing for two years, for the infraction.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 06:27:10 PM »
 :notlistening: :whistling:
BORN TO DO IT

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 08:25:01 PM »
SH HHHHHHHHHHHHH :banginghead: :cursing: :-[ :frustrated: :'( :pissedoff:

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 05:56:08 AM »
Is it the same cold medication that AB took. For m what I heard it would just be a warning so what is the problem , people fail to remember that the current world champion Yohan Blake was warned for a similar infraction, also Olympic champion Shelly ann Fraser, so are we just blowing this out of proportion

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 06:14:14 AM »
Is it the same cold medication that AB took. For m what I heard it would just be a warning so what is the problem , people fail to remember that the current world champion Yohan Blake was warned for a similar infraction, also Olympic champion Shelly ann Fraser, so are we just blowing this out of proportion

It is NOT a cold medication! Get facts and not rumours! Stimulant yes but it was not found in Nyquil...this is more serious.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 09:37:10 AM »
Based on the nature of the situation, TrackAlerts.Com will decline from mentioning the name of the athlete just yet. However, our sources revealed that a public warning could be the likely end result for the stimulant found in the athlete's urine sample. This is why I deemed it not serious because it can not be a serous stimulant and the athlete gets just a public warning. Sorry if I thought the likely punishment would indicate the severity of the crime. What was the stimulant found. I am hoping it is not serious as to affect our excellent relay chances.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 04:59:07 PM »
Why can't they name the athlete and get over with it. Is it because of the upcoming Olimpics.? Is it Richard?

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 06:47:44 PM »
Why can't they name the athlete and get over with it. Is it because of the upcoming Olimpics.? Is it Richard?

Lets hope not!  ???
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 08:25:50 PM »
T&T federation confirms positive findings and promises full disclosure on Monday
By Vijay, Fosteraa@Ymail.Com |    Friday, 02 March 2012 17:09    

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad - T&T's local track and field body (NAAA) will hold a press conference on Monday the 5th of March at its Couva office to update the public on the finding of the positive test at last August's National Championships.Ads

Since TrackAlerts.Com broke news of a positive test earlier this week, the Association has been questioned by the media to provide details but have been tight-lipped on the matter, until Thursday. President of the NAAA (National Association of Athletics Administrations) Ephraim Serrette, when contacted by the Newsday, a local newspaper, regarding this website story, only said "don't read TrackAlerts, have a good day."

But, NAAA Secretary Allan Baboolal, speaking on i 95.5 FM Sports show on Thursday afternoon, said "every thing will be revealed." He added that the Association got a report from the IAAF earlier today as it (NAAA) had passed on the results of the test to the International body.

"We sent the sample to our lab in Canada for testing. On receiving the result we then passed it on to the IAAF. They replied earlier today."

Baboolal further said that the Association's medical delegate Dr. Ian Hypolite, who is also the NAAA's Second Vice President, will provide all the details.

However, TrackAlerts.Com can report that the athlete received a six month ban, which was communicated on Wednesday. The six month ban ends the middle of March.

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 08:28:35 PM »

They could not name the athlete until yesterday's IAAF Ruling for legal reasons. I think they made the right decision waiting till Monday to reveal the details. No sense speaking yesterday or today and overshadowing the CARIFTA Trials this weekend

P.S. It's not Richard

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 08:43:49 PM »
P.S. It's not Richard

Meh heart beating normal again.

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 09:11:23 PM »
OK let's see (assuming it's the men's 4x100m relay and not the women's team):

Callender ran Panams in late October so a 6 month ban ending in March would not apply
Torpedo, Burns, and Bledman all recently ran indoors, so....somebody missing, missing...

Hope it' not the south man.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 05:12:23 AM »
PS it is a woman

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 01:37:47 PM »
PS it is a woman

I think it is Hackett . She ran a few indoor races and then disappeared.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 03:54:09 PM »
SH HHHHHHHHHHHHH

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 09:46:30 PM »
SH HHHHHHHHHHHHH

I miss that big hint the first time. I see  my guess was right  :whistling:

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 02:55:13 AM »
So as most have either already known or figured out....

http://www.trackalerts.com/index.php/news/latest-stories/6535-tat-federation-to-confirm-hacketts-positive-test-on-monday

T&T federation to confirm Hackett's positive test on Monday

PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad - The National Association of Athletics Administrations of Trinidad and Tobago is expected to disclose, at a press conference, on Monday morning, that sprinter Semoy Hackett has been banned for six month following a positive test last August.Ads

>

On Tuesday TrackAlerts.Com broke the story that a member of TnT's team year's IAAF World Outdoor Championships in Daegu, South Korea, was linked to a positive test, but did not publish the name because of nature of the situation. Now we can report, according to our source, the stimulant methylhexaneamine was found in Hackett system.

According to our source who is close to the situation, Hackett received notification of the ban, which ends middle of this month.

"They told her about it (ban) on Thursday," said the source, who did not want to be named.

The twin island republic is likely to lose its national record of 42.50 and fourth place finish at last year's World Championships. Hackett teamed up with Kai Selvon; Kelly-Ann Baptiste and Michelle-Lee Ahye to run 42.58 for fourth in the final behind USA, Jamaica and Ukraine.

The bolded text is the really sad part IMO.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 03:03:04 AM »

It is NOT a cold medication! Get facts and not rumours! Stimulant yes but it was not found in Nyquil...this is more serious.
Get your facts right it is the same stimulant that was found in yohan blake.
In 2009, the World Anti-Doping Agency added methylhexanamine to the 2010 prohibited list.[16]

Methylhexanamine was implicated as a stimulant used by five Jamaican athletes in 2009. JADCO, the Jamaican anti-doping panel, was initially unable to determine whether it was prohibited by the rules,[17] but subsequently decided to impose sanctions on some of the affected athletes on the grounds that the drug was similar in structure to the banned substance tuaminoheptane

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 11:29:26 AM »
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad - The NAAA has confirmed TrackAlerts.Com breaking story that Semoy Hackett was the athlete who tested positive at last August's National Championships.Ads

>
Speaking at press conference earlier today, NAAA president Ephraime Serrette revealed that methylhexaneamine was the substance found in the test conducted on Aug 13, the first day of the championships.

Serrette added the Hackett was on of four athletes tested. "Samples were sent to our testing laboratory in Toronto, Candada on August 17 and on September 5 we received notice from IAAF of the test. We then advised by the IAAF to provisionally ban the athlete."

NAAA Secretary Allan Baboolal said a tribunal was set up which met with Hackett in October where she said she took a sport drink from a fellow athlete. "Hackeett admitted that a supplement was added which she was not aware of." Baboolal explained that the NAAA received the final report on Thursday, 1st March and the athlete was banned retroactive for six months with effect from September 16.

Serette said the six month ban was the minimum penalty for methylhexaneamine.

This is rather disturbing , who was the athlete that she took the drink from , I hope that they name this individual because they knowingly compromised this athlete future and secondly how come only four of our athletes was tested at national championship,Who are the four that was randomly tested . it should be RT, RQ, KB and semoy hackett , if any of the others were not tested I think the whole of the NAAA should resign, they should test the athletes performing the best and forget about the rest.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 06:02:17 PM »
Not nice.

truetrini

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 11:40:10 AM »
if yuh use nose drops dat could get in yuh blood stream.  dat ting jes like caffeine...I know many soldiers using dat in Afghanistan.

Offline Paceman123

• Full Warrior
  • The talent to be a great runner is a gift from Go
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 09:44:41 PM »
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad - The NAAA has confirmed TrackAlerts.Com breaking story that Semoy Hackett was the athlete who tested positive at last August's National Championships.Ads

>
Speaking at press conference earlier today, NAAA president Ephraime Serrette revealed that methylhexaneamine was the substance found in the test conducted on Aug 13, the first day of the championships.

Serrette added the Hackett was on of four athletes tested. "Samples were sent to our testing laboratory in Toronto, Candada on August 17 and on September 5 we received notice from IAAF of the test. We then advised by the IAAF to provisionally ban the athlete."

NAAA Secretary Allan Baboolal said a tribunal was set up which met with Hackett in October where she said she took a sport drink from a fellow athlete. "Hackeett admitted that a supplement was added which she was not aware of." Baboolal explained that the NAAA received the final report on Thursday, 1st March and the athlete was banned retroactive for six months with effect from September 16.

Serette said the six month ban was the minimum penalty for methylhexaneamine.

This is rather disturbing , who was the athlete that she took the drink from , I hope that they name this individual because they knowingly compromised this athlete future and secondly how come only four of our athletes was tested at national championship,Who are the four that was randomly tested . it should be RT, RQ, KB and semoy hackett , if any of the others were not tested I think the whole of the NAAA should resign, they should test the athletes performing the best and forget about the rest.

LIKE YUH FEEL TESTING CHEAP ...THEY DONE COUNDNT CARRY A EXTRA MAN FOR THE REALLY YUH THINK THEY COULD TEST EVERYBODY LOL

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012, 04:42:19 AM »
In my opinion I feel that all athletes who qualify for the olympics or the world games should be tested as to decrease the chance of any athlete embarassing the country or the federation.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012, 12:44:10 PM »
In my opinion I feel that all athletes who qualify for the olympics or the world games should be tested as to decrease the chance of any athlete embarassing the country or the federation.

Makes perfect sense!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 05:37:51 PM »
http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,156478.html

I respect Ian Morris and I understand his point BUT I do believe a life ban is harsh. Hope he saying the same for every athlete. Wonder what he thought when Yohan Blake tested positive/ won the world champs 100m

1]; } ?>