March 28, 2024, 01:02:07 PM

Author Topic: Mekeil Williams Thread  (Read 42629 times)

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Mekeil Williams not extending contract with Polish club Pogoń Szczecin
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2012, 04:14:16 PM »
Sorry I haven't been on the forum much lately (Like y'all have noticed -__-) working the new 9-5 fresh out of college, and it's made me an old man.  I'm ecstatic to see 2 Trini teams in the champion's league and hope to bring home a cup for the first time in more than 25 years. 

I just had a Polish friend read this article for me and according to him, it states that the club will not renew William's contract who was on loan with them last season.  In the 9 games he played, Williams scored 1 goal and also had an assist.  The team won their last game of the season which lead them to a promotion to the premiere Polish league. 

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
thanks....

well  he can come home and play for W Conn in the CL
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
He is currently on trial with RTS Widzew Łódź, of the Ekstraklasa (Polish First Division). He will be playing tomorrow against Polonia Bytom.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
He is currently on trial with RTS Widzew Łódź, of the Ekstraklasa (Polish First Division). He will be playing tomorrow against Polonia Bytom.

Nice! Thanks Tallman!  :beermug:

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
good luck
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sorry I haven't been on the forum much lately (Like y'all have noticed -__-) working the new 9-5 fresh out of college, and it's made me an old man.  I'm ecstatic to see 2 Trini teams in the champion's league and hope to bring home a cup for the first time in more than 25 years. 

I just had a Polish friend read this article for me and according to him, it states that the club will not renew William's contract who was on loan with them last season.  In the 9 games he played, Williams scored 1 goal and also had an assist.  The team won their last game of the season which lead them to a promotion to the premiere Polish league. 

Thanks JR

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
He played the entire second half of a friendly match against Polonia Bytom today. Widzew Łódź won 4-0.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 06:27:09 PM by Tallman »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
So the man on trial and have on no shin pads?????
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Blame their agents !!!

This is a stupid move, he got get an injury that could affect his career because of this.

This could have never happened at Joe Public.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

truetrini

Blame their agents !!!

This is a stupid move, he got get an injury that could affect his career because of this.

This could have never happened at Joe Public.

He got get nutten....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hes now on trial with FC Fyn in the Danish 1st division.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mekeil Williams to FC Fyn
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2012, 12:49:46 PM »
It looks like Mekeil Williams signed for FC Fyn in the 2nd division in Denmark. I dont see any articles about the signing but, i know that hes been over there for the last month on trial and his name is on the teams official website roster.

http://www.fcfyn.dk/a-truppen.html

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mekeil Williams to FC Fyn
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2012, 04:45:22 AM »
De club has officially announced his signing: http://www.fcfyn.dk/nyheder/fc-fyn-udvider-truppen.html

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2012, 06:06:21 PM »
Congrats Mekeil. Make the most of your opportunity. Good stuff.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2012, 06:33:57 AM »
I got word from an official that he is still only trying out.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2012, 05:00:17 PM »
I got word from an official that he is still only trying out.

Well, he made his debut for them today against Vejle Boldklub Kolding.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FC Fyn Bankrupt
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2013, 05:48:07 PM »
It seems the club has gone out of business, does anyone know whats going on with Mekeil Williams?
I really liked this player at the U23s.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mekeil Williams Thread
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2015, 02:13:01 PM »
Defender Mekeil Williams, has joined Guatemalan club, Antigua GFC, on a two-year contract. Williams, who most recently was captain of W-Connection, will play with Antigua GFC in the Liga Nacional de Fútbol de Guatemala, which is the highest level of football in the country.
http://www.antiguaesportiva.com/revista/index.php/noticias/futbol/antigua-gfc/456-trinitario-mekeil-williams-jugara-en-antigua

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2015, 05:17:04 PM »
Very interesting. I like seeing the players getting out there. Marshall was in El Salvador. Probably raised eyebrows. Now Wiliams in Guatemala. Good that our defenders are tasting how to defend against Central Americans. Close to home in a nearby time zone. Good stuff
Good luck Williams. Proud of you.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2015, 04:29:50 AM »
Very interesting. I like seeing the players getting out there. Marshall was in El Salvador. Probably raised eyebrows. Now Wiliams in Guatemala. Good that our defenders are tasting how to defend against Central Americans. Close to home in a nearby time zone. Good stuff
Good luck Williams. Proud of you.

There's a good quality of play and more importantly for the players good crowds - it's nice to feel appreciated and get the atmosphere. There are one or two agents in the region who are looking to bring in some foreign talent into the region and I'm glad it's leading to some movement for our players.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2015, 04:45:34 AM »
who are our players agents ?no more europe  .... central america and asia
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 04:51:55 AM by Trini _2018 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2015, 05:16:56 AM »
who are our players agents ?no more europe  .... central america and asia

Europe is harder to break into and can in a lot of instances pay the same as Asia and Central America. Moreover, they tend to be only interested in teenagers; an obvious problem for our senior players. Finally, the relative lack of international friendlies has limited the opportunity for our players to show their talent off - Argentina for example played 6 friendlies plus the world cup last year, for 10 matches and Guatemala played 4 friendlies (plus one cancelled with Venezula) and 4 Central American Cup matches, whilst Trinidad played 2 friendlies and 7 Caribbean Cup matches - numerically similar, but the Iran friendly was behind closed doors, whilst I can tell you the Argentina friendly produced more interest in players than all of the Caribbean Cup.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2015, 01:08:16 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ChcCIDu11N4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ChcCIDu11N4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Mekeil Williams eager to show his worth.
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2015, 01:55:41 AM »
Williams eager to show his worth.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Defender Mekeil Williams will head off to Guatemala to continue his club career once this country’s run at the CONCACAF Gold Cup ends later this month.

Having already played professionally in Denmark and Poland in the past, the W Connection player wants to keep adding experience to his name.

“It’s a good move for me at this time but I really want to keep pushing myself to get back into Europe. I think the stage is where a lot of players want to be on and I’ve had a chance to experience it already. Hopefully now with the time I am getting now with the senior team, it can help me move on to a higher level,” Williams said.

He wants to make his father and other family members look on proudly at his achievements.

“I’m trying to make them feel satisfied that I can reach somewhere. My dad always wanted to play the game but he didn’t get opportunities like me and now he’s living this chance through me so I have to keep setting goals and pushing myself to achieve them.”

Williams played for T&T at the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Egypt and wants to return to the World Cup stage alongside some of his longtime teammates who made the trip to the Pyramids with him like Kevin Molino, Aubrey David, Daneil Cyrus, Sheldon Bateau and others.

“Of course I have dreams to play in another World Cup. We have the qualifiers for Russia this year and I think if I can keep my level up and stay injury free then I would play a part in helping the country get to another World Cup,” Williams said.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Mekeil Williams eager to show his worth.
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2015, 07:31:43 AM »
I hope he is not victimized for playing well against guatamala..

I always worry about when players play against a country they are earning their living because I feel they don't play as hard... Jmo

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2015, 06:58:50 PM »
Mekeil, good shift today! :beermug:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2015, 01:59:11 AM »
Guatemala splash.
T&T Express.

His 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup adventure now over, Trinidad and Tobago defender Mekeil “Splash” Williams heads to Guatemala to pick up a new contract and hoping to make an impression.

Williams, who turns 25 tomorrow, is bound to get some stick when he lands in Guatemala to take up a new professional contract, Trinidad and Tobago having beaten Guatemala 3-1 at the Gold Cup tournament. It is his third overseas contract, having already played in the Polish first league (Pogon Szczecin) and Denmark’s (FC WYN) first division.

Former W Connection defender Williams is one of those who announced himself as a good Trinidad and Tobago player at the tournament. He still has much to learn and sometimes allowed opponents to get behind his back, like the opening goal against Mexico in their 4-4 group match draw.

Williams also marks from too far away at times, and on occasion puts too little pressure on opponents, allowing them to control easily, before he puts in the tackle.

But, who knew he could effectively play the left-back position, until giving an almost flawless showing in Trinidad and Tobago’s 2-0 win over Cuba. Williams has proven very capable in all positions across the backline. His W Connection coach Stuart Charles Fevrier thinks Williams definitely has what it takes to play international football.

“Over the last two years he has grown in terms of experience. He has definitely grown to be one of the best centre-backs in the country,” Fevrier said. “Mekeil was our last captain and he is a very steady player.”

W Connection owner David John Williams has been sending Williams all over the world seeking a good living at football. Now, he sends him to Guatemalan club Antigua FC. “His contract starts July 1,” John Williams said. “He signed a two-year contract but could only take it up after the Gold Cup.”

How does a Trinidad and Tobago defender end up in Guatemala. “They were looking for a centre-back and they contacted me. It was an opportunity for him to go out there and play at a higher level,” John Williams added. “Normally, players move to the MLS (Major League Soccer) easier from Guatemala than from Trinidad, so that was some of the thinking behind us sending him there. “They had been monitoring him. The last time they saw him was in the Panama game in Trinidad (in March).”

Johns Williams described Antigua as being at an ambitious club. “The top two teams in Guatemala is Communiciones and Municipal. Antigua had been looking for a centre back. They have been trying to push for a championship spot and at the same time qualify for the CONCACAF Champions League.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2015, 06:39:59 PM »
Defender Mekeil Williams has received clearance to play for Guatemalan club, Antigua GFC, and will be in contention to make his debut against Deportivo Petapa on Saturday.
http://ww2.antigua-gfc.com/2015/08/mekeil-williams-habilitado-para-jugar-en-la-lnf/

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2015, 06:46:30 AM »
He's not the only Caribbean player out there - there's some other islanders whose names escape me.

1]; } ?>