April 20, 2024, 05:03:15 AM

Author Topic: The Trini-Ronaldinho?  (Read 27213 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Trini-Ronaldinho?
« Reply #150 on: December 11, 2013, 06:28:12 AM »
Guess I wasn't that confused..........there was a lack of professionalism in handling the youth..........should have just told him to save his resources for a genuine opportunity..........lesson learnt hopefully...........hope he continues to be ambitious not just with football but keep educational opportunities a priority as well.

In your opinion, what is a genuine opportunity? Is that when you tell a player who you have never seen play, that you'll give him a plane ticket, accommodation and a salary so he can sit in the stands and watch you play for 6 months?

I really don't understand, after all that Roopie himself has said, why you can't work out that life ain't a fairy story. He may even had made it onto the team. No one anywhere has said he wasn't good enough to sign, but the coach hadn't seen enough. Why is that so hard to understand?

Stop it FS.

I thought you tried to sign him when you was with North East Stars. You saw him play already. !!!!

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=56360.msg792425#msg792425

SAm, I can't sign anyone. All I can do is recommend. As in any club, the coach makes the decisions because it's his job on the line. If we sign players, how can the coach be responsible for performance?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 11, 2013, 06:41:01 AM »
Guess I wasn't that confused..........there was a lack of professionalism in handling the youth..........should have just told him to save his resources for a genuine opportunity..........lesson learnt hopefully...........hope he continues to be ambitious not just with football but keep educational opportunities a priority as well.

In your opinion, what is a genuine opportunity? Is that when you tell a player who you have never seen play, that you'll give him a plane ticket, accommodation and a salary so he can sit in the stands and watch you play for 6 months?

I really don't understand, after all that Roopie himself has said, why you can't work out that life ain't a fairy story. He may even had made it onto the team. No one anywhere has said he wasn't good enough to sign, but the coach hadn't seen enough. Why is that so hard to understand?

Stop it FS.

I thought you tried to sign him when you was with North East Stars. You saw him play already. !!!!

Alyu putting pressure on the wrong man wheather FS saw him play or not is irrelivant,Fenwick is the man at Central,this kid was rejected by T&T coaches the first time he came why come again?i was hoping to hear someone mention local Coaches,i don't understand what's the big issue here,our players go on all kind of trials and are rejected no one asks why,a trial is a trial nothing is guaranteed i do not wish this on any player but is a chance u are taking.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 12:50:08 PM by Coop's »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 11, 2013, 06:44:42 AM »
Sorry, let me rephase that, I meant while you were at Stars they tried to sign him.

Bottom line, you saw him play already and you know what he is about. I am sure you could have whisper something in Terry's ears becuase if it was someone close to you you would have.

And I know in de end is Terry call.

My reply was just to remind you when you told Agent Jack Bauer that "In your opinion, what is a genuine opportunity? Is that when you tell a player who you have never seen play, that you'll give him a plane ticket, accommodation and a salary so he can sit in the stands and watch you play for 6 months?"

Anyhow, I still blame Central for messing up the kid, dont matter how you look at it.

YOu dont send someone ontop a tree to pick mango and while he up there you cut down de tree.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 11, 2013, 06:48:27 AM »

Stop it FS.

Alyu putting pressure on the wrong man weather FS saw him play or not is irrelivant,Fenwick is the man at Central,this kid was rejected by T&T coaches the first time he came why come again?i was hoping to hear someone mention local Coaches,i don't understand what's the big issue here,our players go on all kind of trials and are rejected no one asks why,a trial is a trial nothing is guaranteed i do not wish this on any player but is a chance u are taking.

Your head real hard.

Yes, he was rejected by Angus Eve and yea he should never come back. You was rejected by Jack Warner and Gally and you never came back, so everybody should follow you.

Secondly, the KID DID NOT GET A TRIAL he was set up to a point.

Fine, if he cant make de team, nobody saying he should get pick, read good before you run up yuh mouth.

Everybody thinking we want Central to sign Roopie or baby him... NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do things better because they know better and have bad experience too, this is why they should know better.

Not make the kid pay his way and dont look at him.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 06:50:12 AM by Sam »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 11, 2013, 06:58:29 AM »
Good attitude. Keep going
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
When trials go bad.
« Reply #155 on: December 11, 2013, 07:07:13 AM »
I have played a major role with Joe Public in the past and have had some good and bad experiences with players being on trial. None could beat the latest one I have now heard off.

Today what I have experience is very hurting to me when a player from the USA called Roopie and how his trial with Central FC went bad has top it all off for me.

Roopie got a trial with Central FC from Kevin, Terry or Flex or who ever invited him, he dropped his school, took his last shinling and jetted off to Trinidad and when he reach there no one trial him or even handled the kid correctly.

I was very sadden that Central would set up a kid who basically had to fend for himself with no money, no where to stay and no one was gracious enough to take a minute to see the kid play or give him a fair trial instead they wasted the kids money and time and invited him to a Adidas Brazuca to pappieshow and make him feel they were actually doing someting. A game where you were allowed to play 15 minutes and no coaches watching you.

Does anyone here ever had any more bad experience?

+++message sent from my La Rivera Apartment in Westmoorings+++

« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 07:11:34 AM by Jack Horner »
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 11, 2013, 07:08:17 AM »
 :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead:

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 11, 2013, 07:11:04 AM »
Sam what is it u so upset about?like Roopie is your family or something?let it go he did not make the team so what?the last time it was Skeene and them now it's Central it seems all these people blind and only u could see.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 11, 2013, 07:15:18 AM »
Sam what is it u so upset about?like Roopie is your family or something?let it go he did not make the team so what?the last time it was Skeene and them now it's Central it seems all these people blind and only u could see.

Yes ! yuh happy now and I vex they didn't sign him, he is Messi and he should walk onto any team, yea, yuh right, infact, I feel he should play for Real Madrid.

Allyuh real chupid we. Like I vex they didn't sign him, please.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: When trials go bad.
« Reply #159 on: December 11, 2013, 07:25:13 AM »
I have played a major role with Joe Public in the past and have had some good and bad experiences with players being on trial. None could beat the latest one I have now heard off.

Today what I have experience is very hurting to me when a player from the USA called Roopie and how his trial with Central FC went bad has top it all off for me.

Roopie got a trial with Central FC from Kevin, Terry or Flex or who ever invited him, he dropped his school, took his last shinling and jetted off to Trinidad and when he reach there no one trial him or even handled the kid correctly.

I was very sadden that Central would set up a kid who basically had to fend for himself with no money, no where to stay and no one was gracious enough to take a minute to see the kid play or give him a fair trial instead they wasted the kids money and time and invited him to a Adidas Brazuca to pappieshow and make him feel they were actually doing someting. A game where you were allowed to play 15 minutes and no coaches watching you.

Does anyone here ever had any more bad experience?

+++message sent from my La Rivera Apartment in Westmoorings+++

Horner, until you actually reveal your identity this is meaningless. For instance, it was I who discovered Messi in Argentina. I know that Flex discovered Ronaldo in Portugal and that Beckham was first spotted by Big Mag.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 11, 2013, 09:13:40 AM »
It's really about disappointment to me since I have the perception of a certain level of professionalism at this organization and from what I am reading the kid did nothing wrong but it was the organization that gave little effort........hopefully he can now see the signs of when a girl don't want to give you a little bubble in a dance to look elsewhere.......BUT for the next kid who comes knocking at their door that organization should do better because I keep hearing we too small of a nation to be playing games with the rare amount talented football available to us........and you know what is refreshing and encouraging.........not reading anywhere that the kid has an attitude problem and wanted to go to Zen every other night........I think I still vex he didn't put soca d video he posted though  :yellowcard:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:16:14 AM by Agent Jack Bauer »

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 11, 2013, 09:33:32 AM »
I think if anything that Horner has identified here has any element of truth that it should be addressed... despite the fact that the source is Horner.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 11, 2013, 09:35:44 AM »
Why is it important he posted from West Moorings?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 11, 2013, 09:45:24 AM »
I'm disappointed he didn't get to shine, but there are 9 Pro League teams so it's a shame he couldn't get to visit any of the others

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 11, 2013, 10:07:32 AM »
I think if anything that Horner has identified here has any element of truth that it should be addressed... despite the fact that the source is Horner.

How so?

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 11, 2013, 10:09:19 AM »
This was very unfortunate.  I hope it doesn't deter Roopie one bit.  He seems determined to make it and that will go a long way.  I myself don't know how trials work and what our players experience when they go foreign on trials.  I will say though that I would have liked for it to have went better.  All that off to the side push ups and so on serves no purpose in truly evaluating what a player can do on the field so I feel like that was time wasted.  I also feel as if despite doing a favor and extending the invite, Central should have realized that the timing was not conducive to a person in Roopie's situation especially because it was a favor of sorts.  This is not a fella who live there and have an unlimited amount of time to try and make it happen.  He already had personal concerns to tend to and made it known upfront so it should have been understood that time is essential.  Not getting any feeback during that time would certainly make most in that situation question whether it even makes sense to be there so I can't fault Roopie for that at all.

Coops yuh have a point that we don't fuss about what happens to our players when they go foreign, but we often have no insight into the experiences they have.  In this instance we have all been sitting in the theater watching it unfold so it isn't exactly comparable.  Add that Central up to this point has let us inside and seems to be a professional outfit in their direction and execution of all things football.  So undoubtedly it raises expectations within us even if it may be a bit of fantasy or simply illogical.  So don't take anyone's feelings on the issue out of context and treat it as if it is unnecessary or irrelevant.

Kevin thanks for the transparency.  We wish it wen't better but that is now history. Many of us here formed a bond with Roopie and really want to see him make it or at least have a fair chance at making it and the details suggest it wasn't what we hoped/ expected/ wanted for him.  Don't let it bother you too much.

Roopie, keep pluggin on bredrin.  Yuh have the fighting spirit and yuh have skills so I expect it to happen sooner or later.  Hopefully much sooner.  Keep us posted as for the most part we are all rooting for you!!

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 11, 2013, 10:21:56 AM »
Kevin taking the criticism of the trial to Heart .Even tho none was his fault .Since he dont run the trails .

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 11, 2013, 10:23:11 AM »
Why is it important he posted from West Moorings?

... because he wasn't posting from his Hummer.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 11, 2013, 10:35:16 AM »
Kevin taking the criticism of the trial to Heart .Even tho none was his fault .Since he dont run the trails .

As a yardman would say ... "then no must?"

Yes, agreed. FS is flinching a bit, but you took things down an inflammatory path. To come now appearing seemingly conciliatory, after baseless speculation and accusations, without even apologizing fuh yuh nonsense ... is ... to be kind ... also a lil problematic.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 11, 2013, 10:40:35 AM »
Quags :shameonyou: :yellowcard:
you still trying to blow me ,go blow somebaddy else fellar .
You cant sneeze on this site anymore without 5 panty man giving you a tissue .So gay ...is it ok to say gay or is that politically incorrect .

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 11, 2013, 10:42:51 AM »

How so?
Umm... the goodwill associated with the name Central FC?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 11, 2013, 10:47:00 AM »

How so?

My view reflects a similar sentiment (although I know the Horner post was meant to be provocative and malicious). However, unlike de_redman, I'm not going to delve into whether Horner's post holds "any element of truth" (I done know de scene wid that) ... rather, I would like to focus on the question he raises: other experiences with trials and the trial environment. Ultimately, I think that could produce beneficial discussion for a lot of people. 

I doh want to only hear the bad ... lehwe also hear the good. Right now, there's a young man in Italy going through this nail-biting process. Several ppl on this forum know de trials runnings. Time to drop it.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 11, 2013, 10:52:36 AM »
Quags :shameonyou: :yellowcard:
you still trying to blow me ,go blow somebaddy else fellar .
You cant sneeze on this site anymore without 5 panty man giving you a tissue .So gay ...is it ok to say gay or is that politically incorrect .

Yuh on gutter talk? Alright.

Yuh in a position to mention panty because yuh doh have the balls to say ... fellas, ah sorry ... ah put race in dis and ah shouldn't have? Defend yuh f**kery.

Fortunately, Roopie didn't acknowledge your ignorance. On top of that, check de profile of de men who giving the man support. Ah eagerly awaiting your response to congo's post! Iz clear you have better use fuh that tissue.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 10:58:10 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 11, 2013, 11:01:08 AM »
blah blah blah ,you walking around with your staff nah moses .everything done done already .build a cyber time machine and I will go back take back what I said about the doctor ,which I delete but was quoted .

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 11, 2013, 11:08:31 AM »
1st off, that ain't no bad experience, if anything, it could be a valuable lesson to everyone.
However, you tryin to turn it into some kinda propaganda bullshit, and negate the good things ppl trying to do, to help individuals in the short term, and the country in the long term.

Central FC, W Connection, etc are not no big World Clubs...no matter how professional they try to be..there is no comparasion as to funds generated through fan support alone, not counting Brand..so do not compare, what those professional clubs can do, and what  people whom trying to be professional cannot.

Lesson. They cannot, very few 2 be Div. clubs can, add players during season, once contracts are signed, and budget money going out and determined inflow money - usually substantially less than outflow - coming in. Thus the Roopie trial, god bless his soul, was a favour, a friend of a friend something...Unless the club had many injuries or Roopie was exceptional - read JS, KJ, KH, fed up ah cold, and want to return home to play for free - no way, any club could just up and sign him or any new player today, future consideration yes, but now for now, there must be consideration to pay all who they promised and the new guy, with the negative balance that is already forecasted.

Yes, they could have said don't come, wait till preseason, but it is obvious Roopies couldn't wait, didn't want to wait, as many of our young ppl today - even me in my time - had to have it now.. So he had a go.. I can tell you one thing about sports or entertainment, Timing is everything..there are amazing kids not playing pro Mls, nba,PFL etc..because of wrong timing - or right timing for some of the guys were are seeing, this does not discount the guys who are actually good enough to be there. However, there is a grey area in talent, where anybody can be selected, depending on luck, organization... I'm going on to long...i already feel you know the mechanisms..
I'm just trying to say mr.Horner, pong FS and Central...but no need to drag them or any TT club name in the mud, especially when they are trying to act professionally, because it will dirty everyone..them, you, me..TT

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 11, 2013, 11:08:58 AM »
On this issue, I'm more interested in the future than in the past. On that ... maybe in the future, yuh will act with some sense. Guidance. Time to move on.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 11, 2013, 11:14:15 AM »
We could live it hope.Nothing wrong in that.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 11:17:43 AM by Qmire »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 11, 2013, 11:26:55 AM »
Well said MAXG  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 11, 2013, 11:28:59 AM »
If,when, the mods merge this, shouldn't be a separate thread, and the talk continues, we can come with a plan of procedure, even for friend of friend socawarriors..things like arrange yuh own rides, with friends or family, or site members..best timing..eg. Connection may sell Jones, or starter had a few injuries, thus club may be able to afford a new player or have no choice but to take on a new player..friends get the S here 1st kinda thing..doh on the same note, We have to consider a local friend like diamond trim son or some other son as well..why not him? ...an eg why, sometimes not right to do friend thing in professional setting..business nothing personal..all of a sudden, yuh become a badman, as if that is only badman movie lines

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 11, 2013, 11:32:18 AM »
 :beermug: maxg

1]; } ?>