April 18, 2024, 11:15:35 PM

Author Topic: March Madness 2012  (Read 11254 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: March Madness 2012
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2012, 05:02:24 PM »
This Marquette - Murray State game is real wildness. Frenetic play, end to end action.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2012, 05:17:14 PM »
This Marquette - Murray State game is real wildness. Frenetic play, end to end action.

Jae Crowder... what a player.  As is Ed Daniels for Murray St. with he 'fro.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2012, 05:24:46 PM »

Jae Crowder... what a player.  As is Ed Daniels for Murray St. with he 'fro.

Marquette turn on the quality in the last 5 minutes. At that point the pace started to work against Murray State. They needed to calm down. I'm guessing that most team they meet not prepared to play that kind of game. Marquette was.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2012, 07:32:13 PM »
Oh well.
Next year fellas!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2012, 08:35:04 PM »
They probably ent see defense and speed like that too neither.

Kentucky and Indiana move on... VCU was up late, next thing I see they lorse, steups

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2012, 08:45:12 PM »
VCU is out !!!! end of the road for Shaka this year. We still have a coach with Trini roots in the tournament though,Jerome Tang is the asst at Baylor.He was born in Trinidad.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2012, 12:55:15 PM »
NC State!
Welcome to the off-season Bakes.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2012, 01:04:59 PM »
Tough luck Hoyas.  Simms and Clark are our only two seniors, we're young and will only get better.  I still bleed Blue and Gray!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2012, 03:40:25 PM »
btw guys any players with Trinidadian background in march madness this year?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2012, 06:50:13 PM »

Kris Joseph for Syracuse.

Junior Cadougan from Marquette have tuh have some WI in him, with a last name like that, AND the fact that he from TO.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2012, 09:22:18 AM »

Junior Cadougan from Marquette have tuh have some WI in him, with a last name like that, AND the fact that he from TO.

yup his mother is Trinidadian born but grew in st Vincent

Born in Trinidad, Suzette’s mom left her with a grandmother in St. Vincent as a baby. It would be 24 years before they were reunited — in Toronto. Suzette arrived with two children, Kerlon and Kedan. A marriage produced Junior, but his father, Carlisle, is long gone, back to St. Vincent. He’s never seen Junior play.

“I’m a single mom and I raised four children on my own. I deserve every credit in the world — all alone, working one job.” (On a climate control parts assembly line in Rexdale.)

“God has to be in the midst of that. I’m the umbrella for them (her children), sheltering them, praying for them, in season and out of season.”

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2012, 12:39:52 PM »

Born in Trinidad, Suzette’s mom left her with a grandmother in St. Vincent as a baby. It would be 24 years before they were reunited — in Toronto. Suzette arrived with two children, Kerlon and Kedan. A marriage produced Junior, but his father, Carlisle, is long gone, back to St. Vincent. He’s never seen Junior play.

“I’m a single mom and I raised four children on my own. I deserve every credit in the world — all alone, working one job.” (On a climate control parts assembly line in Rexdale.)

“God has to be in the midst of that. I’m the umbrella for them (her children), sheltering them, praying for them, in season and out of season.”

:beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2012, 03:34:13 PM »

:beermug:

:cheers:

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2012, 10:27:16 AM »

Jamal Fenton - University of New Mexico

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2012, 07:46:31 PM »
Ohio pushing UNC...

Come on Ohio!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2012, 02:27:27 PM »
95% of the ballers from toronto are west indian, the majority being trini and jamaican, st.bonavanture had 2 of 3 players were west indian, the other was from suriname

andrew nicholson is west indian, grew up in mississauga

what you find in greater toronto area and throughout ontario is west indian ballers from middle school all the way to university and college, at times my high school and other high school teams in the area would be 90% west indian, i heard its even greater now, with the mix of east indian, filipino and some canadians.

what you also get is indo-trinis, guyanese and jamaicans also playing ball and making up part of the team, as well as some chinese west indians, basically in toronto if you are not west indian, you are either african, canadian, chinese, filipino and some east indians, but they number in the minority of ballers in GTA

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 02:39:45 PM by Controversial »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2012, 10:03:28 PM »
Well I have Kanas winning it all in my bracket and this tournament has been shaky for them. Kentucky has the talent to win on Monday so Bill Self will have to coach the game of his life to inspire the team.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2012, 04:18:16 PM »
Fear the Brow.

Go Kentucky

whey boy!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2012, 05:52:48 PM »
^^^^ :rotfl: My boy have a serious Bert finish dey....but all kix aside, it's hard to believe he was only 6'2 less than 2 years ago playing point guard in HS. That was a serious growth spirt.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2012, 12:55:42 AM »
We eh really talk about the ladies this tournament... but good matchup between the two teams I supported (other than Georgetown, of course) this tourney.  Baylor have a beast in Brittney Griner (who voice deeper dan mine, and Adam's apple bigger too  ;D), and Notre Dame have Skylar Diggs, wid she over fine self (like ah young Laila Ali).  Both of them are excellent players, all talk aside... and I like them both.  Who ever win I'll be happy with.  Griner had to put up with a lot of shit from people because of her size (all kinda Shaq fouls she collecting), while Diggs came close last year but lost in the finals.  One of the few times I good with whoever wins.

As for the men... I can't stand Calipari dirty ass.  Rooting fuh Kansas to win the title just as I did when they last met Calipari, then coach of Derek Rose and Memphis in 2008.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2012, 07:22:42 AM »

Although he does have Trini roots Kris already played for Canada so he can't play for T&T,however his older brother Maurice has already played for us,he went University of Vermont.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2012, 09:31:53 PM »
That dude #5 Whitey is weak!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2012, 09:38:33 PM »
Chalk another one up for evil... first Calhoun last year (getting his second), now Calipari.  Hard to compete when the playing field's not level.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2012, 10:04:30 PM »
Too many errors by Kansas!!! Like they were intimidated by Kentucky's size.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2012, 10:08:14 PM »
Chalk another one up for evil... first Calhoun last year (getting his second), now Calipari.  Hard to compete when the playing field's not level.
Yeah, I'm not a calipari fan myself. Now about 5 of his players will enter the NBA draft again.

He only used 7 players for almost all of the season, which shows he's really all about player development at Kentucky.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2012, 06:41:59 AM »

I disagree...He played well...they shoulda had more plays through him.  Withey was solid and was the only one playing D on Kansas.  Davis couldn't score on him.

Calipari coached well all tourney....there was no stopping Kentucky from tip off.  He had his team focused from the player introductions while Kansas was acting like they were happy just to be there.  Kansas had the talent to win, Kentucky were just coached better and played with their eyes on the prize
whey boy!

giggsy11

« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2012, 01:41:21 PM »
Fear the Brow.

Go Kentucky

And he has the teeths to match! Hopefully when they seperate the unibrow once he go pro, they hook up the teeths too!

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2012, 01:48:04 PM »

I disagree...He played well...they shoulda had more plays through him.  Withey was solid and was the only one playing D on Kansas.  Davis couldn't score on him.

Calipari coached well all tourney....there was no stopping Kentucky from tip off.  He had his team focused from the player introductions while Kansas was acting like they were happy just to be there.  Kansas had the talent to win, Kentucky were just coached better and played with their eyes on the prize

on both ends, whitey could not rebound to save his life! okay, granted he had some great blocks but for a 5, rebounding is essential. also, i counted 2-3 missed dunks! for a seven-footer, come on. but yeah, yuh right about kentucky. a whole different world of intensity better than kansas.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2012, 11:19:57 PM »
De man name is Withey... not Whitey, and he played a very good game to anyone who understands basketball.

-----------------

Congrats to the Baylor women on going 40-0... a feat well done.

1]; } ?>