March 28, 2024, 05:05:30 PM

Author Topic: Jagdeosingh to play in Thailand  (Read 4261 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jagdeosingh to play in Thailand
« on: March 09, 2012, 09:32:20 PM »
Jagdeosingh to play in Thailand
By Nigel Myers

Having plied his trade in the United States and Puerto Rico for the last three years, T&T international, Kendall Jagdeosingh, has taken up a new challenge in the Kingdom of Thailand. Joining compatriot and former Rochester Rhino teammate, Yohance Marshall, Jagdeosingh has signed a 2-year contract with Chainat FC of the Thai Premier League.

Since parting ways with the Rochester Raging Rhinos at the end of the 2011 season, Jagdeosingh had a 2-month stint with T&T Pro League club, North East Stars. The trial with Chainat FC came about through a football agent who is a friend of Yohance Marshall. One stipulation was that Jagdeosingh had to pay his own way to Thailand with the promise of reimbursement if he earned a contract. Jaggy took the risk and it paid off.

"I look forward to a successful season with my new club. I aim to score as many goals as I can, and I hope to help the team secure a top three finish, " said Jagdeosingh.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:41:19 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jagdeosingh to play in Thailand
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 10:52:38 PM »
MILF and dem still representing him? 

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 11:02:12 PM »

I eh tink so.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 12:26:28 AM »

I eh tink so.

Well kudos still to him and his management for hustling up a gig... competitive football and bread on the table, yuh can't go wrong with that.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 02:51:37 AM »
Whatever happened with Puerto Rico Islanders? It appeared to me that he was a key member of their team.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 03:46:11 PM »
Congrats man. If yuh have to stay in Asia yuh in a good location as a shop window for the J-League and Aussie. Do yuh ting.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 04:44:42 PM »
Whatever happened with Puerto Rico Islanders? It appeared to me that he was a key member of their team.

They have a new coach now. I doubt well be seeing alot of the Islanders in the CCL because their coach really got the most out of that team.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 07:47:29 PM »
Check how dey misspell he name  :rotfl:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 07:39:32 PM »
WATCH Kendall Jagdeosingh’s opening goal in Trat FC’s 2-0 win over Phuket FC. He intercepts a bad pass just beyond the center circle, races past the defence, and slots home a left-footed shot past the goalkeeper.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LSFibodnPDU?start=33" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LSFibodnPDU?start=33</a>

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2014, 02:03:20 AM »
that's a great goal, good head on his shoulders to see that and get to it first

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 02:09:15 PM »
Once again Kendall Jagdeosingh scores a brace and spearheads a come-from-behind victory for Trat F.C. WATCH his goals in the 4-1 win over Sriracha F.C.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gOEmLhXTQOs?start=61" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gOEmLhXTQOs?start=61</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 08:02:05 AM »
Kendall Jagdeosingh joins Thai Division 1 League club, Phuket FC.
http://www.thephuketnews.com/new-signings-hop-on-phuket-fc-carousel-47379.php

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 04:43:23 PM »
Phuket FC’s swift new striker, Kendall Jagdeosingh, reveals drive
The Phuket News

The island’s pro football outfit, Phuket FC are resting anxiously in September as Thailand’s pro leagues break for the 17th Asian Games taking place in Incheon, South Korea. We’d like to take this opportunity to introduce you to new players, starting with an interview we had with recent signing, a talented national squad player for Trinidad & Tobago.

Please introduce yourself.
I am Kendall Jagdeosingh. I was born and grew up in Manzanilla, Trinidad. I was born on May 30, and turned 28 this year.

Can you tell us about your background in sports, football?
Sure. I came from a sporting family, grew up playing a lot of basketball and football, but as I got older, started playing football more, and started playing professionally at the age of 16.

What accomplishments are you proud of most?
I’d say, playing for the national teams for my country by age 19, playing along side with the likes of Dwight Yorke (legendary Man U striker), Stern John and Kenwyne Jones (forward for EPL’s Cardiff City), and have played with the senior team as well as the U-23, U-21 and U-20. My debut for the senior team was in a match against Japan in June, 2006.

How did you end up in Thailand?
Well, after playing soccer professionally in America for four years, the opportunity came along for me to play for TPL’s Chainat FC and I took it. I played there for two years in the TPL, then played for Trat FC for the first half of this season, until my contract ended, when I got a call from the manager of Phuket expressing their delight for me to join Phuket FC. The club has big ambitions and I was happy with how they approached me, so I decided to join.

What’s your impression of the Thai League so far?
As for the football itself, my impression is positive, but one major drawback is dealing with unfair officiating. I think this is the main problem in Thai football and it will not benefit the league in terms of growing. I love the culture of Thailand. I’ve made some great friends and met some good people. I love the food. The weather is similar to my country, as are the beaches. The style of football here is very technical – sometimes fast, sometimes slow, it depends on the team, but overall it’s good. The fans are amazing and I think without their presence, football would not have grown as much as it has in the past few years that I’ve been here.

How does it compare to your home country?
The football culture is a little different because in my country, they don’t put much money into the sport, so the fans don’t show up and aren’t as passionate as they are in Thailand. It’s also at a higher level here, particularly regarding the facilities, which are excellent compared to back home. But the football skills are more or less the same, though I think the players in my country are a little more athletic and rough.

What football players do you look up to?
I have a few. I like Didier Drogba the most, followed by Zidane, Ronaldhino and Juan Roman Riquelme.

What is your secret weapon (what brand of boots do you wear?
Mercurial Vapor is what I’ve worn ever since I started playing pro football.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2016, 06:36:34 AM »
WATCH: Highlights of Thailand-based striker, Kendall Jagdeosingh
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/w_RPn3TAtXY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/w_RPn3TAtXY</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2017, 03:23:20 PM »
Former Trinidad and Tobago forward Kendall Jagdeosingh has joined Thai League 3 club, Ayutthaya United FC.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 04:24:20 PM »
WATCH: Kendall Jagdeosingh earns and scores a penalty in Ayutthaya United’s 2-0 win over Phayao FC

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vBbwKWizf0k?start=243" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vBbwKWizf0k?start=243</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 08:04:12 PM »
WATCH: Kendall Jagdeosingh makes a superb solo run from inside his own half to score a goal in Ayutthaya United’s 5-1 win over Singburi Bangrajun.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7O0FfNcVdtI?start=164" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7O0FfNcVdtI?start=164</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 10:51:30 AM »
WATCH: Kendall Jagdeosingh’s has a goal and an assist in Ayutthaya United’s 3-2 come-from-behind win against Chachoengsao Hi-Tek FC.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QEdGwFsdU5Y?start=220" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QEdGwFsdU5Y?start=220</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 11:23:43 AM »
WATCH: Kendall Jagdeosingh’s hat-trick leads Ayutthaya United’s 5-0 rout of Khon Kaen FC. The goals are at 6m57s, 9m12s, and 10m45s

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0XA9C_xoUNs?start=417" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0XA9C_xoUNs?start=417</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2018, 04:19:23 PM »
Kendall Jagdeosingh has signed with Thai League 2 outfit Samut Sakhon FC and has immediately gone on loan to Thai League 3 club Sakaeo FC until May..

« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 07:12:54 PM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jagdeosingh urges Caribbean players to explore Asian market
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2018, 08:04:06 AM »
Jagdeosingh urges Caribbean players to explore Asian market
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

FORMER NATIONAL footballer Kendall Jagdeosingh is urging more T&T and Caribbean players to explore their options and seek contracts in the Asian market.

The 32-year-old Jagdeosingh, who played for North East Stars, Morvant Caledonia United and Joe Public from 2005-2008, has been plying his trade in Thailand since early 2012.

Currently, he is a member of Thai League 3 outfit Sakaeo FC.

Asked in a recent interview if he hopes more T&T and by extension regional players could pursue deals in Asia, Jagdeosingh responded, “Definitely.”

“We have the athleticism. That’s what sustained me for the past seven years. We have a lot of players I think can go there and really earn a decent living for themselves. It’s far away and it’s an Asian culture but, if you put football first, I think everything else is just secondary. We have a lot of players in Trinidad, and even in the Caribbean, that should be looking at that avenue to play football.”

Jagdeosingh is the only T&T player involved in the Thailand league.

“I’m the only Trinidadian currently in the league right now,” he said. “Caribbean players, I don’t think there have any to be honest.”

Jagdeosingh’s last game for T&T was on November 14, 2012 in a 2-2 draw against St Vincent/Grenadines at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Bacolet. But he has not given up hope of a national recall.

“I aint closing the door,” he said. “God is good. Barring injuries, as long as I’m playing competitive football, as I’ve been doing for the past seven years, it’s up (to the coach) to select. The door is never closed.”

Jagdeosingh played as a left-sided midfielder during his days in the local leagues. “The system that I play for the last three years is a 4-3-3 so I normally play any one of the attacking positions,” he noted.

He pointed out, “It’s seven years already I’m there and hopefully I can finish the rest of my career there. I’m looking to start back pre-season, for the 2019 season.”

Commenting on his vacation back in Trinidad, Jagdeosingh said, “It always feel good to be back home. I always keep in touch with one or two of the icons that I look up to. I had a good relationship with some of them, so I kept that going.”

He has played for a few clubs in Thailand, such as Chainat FC, Trat FC, Phuket FC, Ang Thong FC, TTM Customs FC and Ayutthaya United.

“I’ve mastered the language by now, I would say about 90 per cent,” he noted. “The transition was a bit difficult for the first six months. It’s a new country, a new culture so I had to get adapted to that as fast as possible. All in all, it was smooth.

“It was just about football first, which was the most important thing. Everything else fell into place after that.” He also touched on the standard of football in Thailand.

“I played home so I had my start here, and I’m very grateful for the opportunity that I had here,” he acknowledged. “But we have a lot of catching-up to do in our facilities (and) resources.”

What about any plans he has beyond football? “I think I want to try my luck at coaching. The last year of my career, I’ll probably just try to organise my coaching badges and see if I can make a career in (it).”

1]; } ?>