April 18, 2024, 09:32:52 AM

Author Topic: Alexander sla ms cycling federation - Newsday  (Read 1047 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Alexander sla ms cycling federation - Newsday
« on: March 11, 2012, 08:56:13 AM »
http://newsday.co.tt/sport/0,156703.html

Alexander slams TTCF
By WALTER ALIBEY Sunday, March 11 2012

click on pic to zoom in

Trinidad and Tobago cyclist Quincy Alexander, centre, shows off his gold medal along with his mother Ann Marie and father Ernest at the VIP Lounge of ...
NATIONAL CYCLIST Quincy Alexander called on the Trinidad and Tobago Cycling Federation (TTCF) to get their act together if the country is to produce more medals at the international competitions.

He made the plea at VIP Lounge of the Piarco International Airport yesterday, only days after winning a gold medal at the Kilometre Time Trial at the Pan American Track Cycling Championship at the Julio Polet Velodrome in Mar del Plata, Argentina.

Flanked by his parents, Nigel and Ann Marie Alexander, officials from the Ministry of Sport and Sport Company of Trinidad and Tobago, the 18-year old cyclist explained that the TTCF played no part in his gold medal performance and described the management at the TTCF as poor.

He revealed that he was initially going to the Pan American tournament without a coach and manager as the Ministry of Sport had only purchased a ticket for him.

Alexander explained that his sponsor Beacon thankfully stepped in and paid for his coach Desmond Dickie to accompany him. However, his manager Robert Farrier had to cover his own expenses.

Alexander who produced a scorching 1:06.165 to secure the gold medal questioned why the TTCF did not make representation for his technical staff to accompany him at the Championships. He felt his achievement was due to divine intervention along with the assistance from his coach, manager, sponsor, parents and teammate Njisane Phillip.

“It was as though God wanted me to win that medal. I asked God for a medal and he granted me my wish and I am so grateful for that,” said an elated Alexander.

He added, “Two days before my event the conditions in Argentina were terribly cold and freezing, but on the day that I competed the conditions were suddenly warm. The sun came out on that day and I was really surprised.”

He thanked Phillip who also won gold medal at the Pan Am for sharing his experience and wisdom.

“It was a merely a team effort and Phillip was there with me sharing his experience and guiding me along before my race.”

Alexander was presented with $3,000 worth of equipment and accessories from the Sport Company of Trinidad and Tobago.

He will resume training tomorrow in preparation for the forthcoming World Cycling Championship in Melbourne, Australia from April 4-8.

Meanwhile Minster in the Office of the Prime Minister Rodger Samuels told the gathering that the best of Quincy Alexander is yet to come.

Samuels said he was not surprised when he heard that Alexander won gold.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>